• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst move in the entire game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt07

Smash Master
Mario's Dtilt is fail. I have used it successfully twice, and it was just because my opponent never saw it coming, and I pulled off a charged smash after an airdodge because they didn't know how bad the move was and didn't react accordingly.
Pierce7d, I'm so tempting to sig that, rofl.

prince_of_darkness

Smash Cadet
"1" on G&Ws Judgement is easily the worst move in the game.

1% damage, no knock back, and worst of all, 13% self inflicted damage!

Lol at Ganon's warlock punch.

This is about the worst move in the ENTIRE GAME.Not the worst move in a COMPETITIVE MATCH:psycho:
(PAUUNCHHH IS EPIC)

On another note:

This:
Mario's Dtilt is fail. I have used it successfully twice, and it was just because my opponent never saw it coming, and I pulled off a charged smash after an airdodge because they didn't know how bad the move was and didn't react accordingly.
Otherwise i'd still stick with mario's dtilt <3

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Nah, Judgement number 1 is still worse. You get hurt more than you hurt your opponent.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Not the 1 Hammer. Although, now that I think about it, the 1 hammer isn't a move. The Judgement Hammer is the move, so no, it's not the worst move.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I wish this was for Melee so I could say Shieks downb, but Jigglypuff's sing is the worst move in the game.

Anyone who say's "Ledge cancel to rest" obviously doesn't play jigglypuff, because if you see the hitbox for that move, it will only hit if they're wobbling over the edge.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Nah, Judgement number 1 is still worse. You get hurt more than you hurt your opponent.
That's true but you would have to say that the whole move sucks because number 1 is by luck and doesn't happen everytime. There are chances to get 8 and 9 on the judgment so it's not really the worst move in the game.
What's with all these people saying about FLUDD? At least it's use is more useful and less punishable.
I agree with Jigglypuff's down tilt.
My opinions are Ivysaur's down smash and Samus's up smash.
Ivysaur's down smash lacks literally everything in a move's effects in the game:
It lacks knockback, damage AND range, the damage is only 8%. And the lag on it makes it even more terrible.

migas140

Smash Rookie
Jiggs's DTilt. It's horrendous, it has awful startup and ending lag and can't combo into anything.
Sing at least is useful to Sing Cancel on Japes or the extremly rare LCS to Rest.
Mario's DTilt is also pretty bad.

TP

Smash Master
i think the worst move is also ganons up tilt. whenever i try to use it, i just get hit or it doesnt hit the opponent cuz of the timing
falcos fair is pretty useless especially if u hit the ground b4 it ends and also ganons up tilt
Mach Tornado Ganons up tilt.
the worse move is ganon's up tilt or mario's down tilt.
Ganon U tilt
Warlock Punch
Sing
Falcon's side B
PK Fire (Ness)
Link's Up-B
Ganondorf's UpTilt.

It's simply horrible without a doubt.
He truths.
/thread.
It's bad, but not the worst move in the game. Ganondorf's UpTilt takes that prize.

Who actually gets hit by it? :ohwell:
Just to be sure, it's not UpSmash I'm talking about here, which is exactly like FTilt, except it goes vertically instead of horizontally.

Ganondorf's UpTilt doesn't do sh*t.

Nobody gets hit by it, so it has virtually no use at all. Mario's DTilt actually hits people, I suppose that counts as "more useful".

Either way, they are both pretty bad, but Mario's DTilt actually does something.

Warlock Punch also rarely hits, although it's a lot more common and useful.

I prefer SideB>UpSmash>SideB>UpSmash>Throw in a Uair once damage gets too high and the opponent can't be "Chaingrabbed" due to the knockback.
A smart player should NEVER get hit by Ganon's UTilt. Mario's DTilt actually has a chance on connecting with the opponent.
Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that Ganon's UTilt is ALWAYS avoidable. The outcome may be better than Mario's DTilt, but the possibly of seeing one land in a (competitive) match, is 0/100.
I've been banned for the last week, so I had to watch while all of you made these posts. Now it's my turn, *****es.

GANON'S UTILT: FULL BREAKDOWN

Utilt has 80 frames of startup. Yeah, the move sucks. I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm just explaining the many reasons that it is not nearly the worst move in the game.

First of all, let's look at the range of this thing. HUGE horizontal and vertical range, Much bigger than the animation would have you believe. Both vertically and horizontally, it has about twice the range of Warlock Punch. It can easily hit people who are on the ledge or below the stage. If you space it right, you are putting pressure on the person on the ledge with no risk. Obviously, that doesn't work against certain chars, like Falco. I have used Utilt to hit a recovering Luigi IN TOURNAMENT.

Utilt has 30 frames of end lag. That seems like a large amount, but don't forget the range of this thing. The only things with comparable range are moves like Samus' Zair and ZSS' Side B. Few characters can cover the gap and attack in 30 frames. I actually use Utilt on stage for this reason (again, not against Falco or similar chars). You just start it when the opponent is busy (like when they trip) or when they are far away. Then they wait for the attack, then move in to punish and take a boot to the face.

The wind hitbox first comes out on frame 6. The wind has the ability to refresh moves and trigger counters (such as Ike's), which is situationally useful. More importantly, the wind stops all momentum. This can be used in a number of ways. If someone gets hit by Brinstar's acid or Norfair's lava, you can catch them in the wind while they are going up past you and they will get hit for 27% and probably a kill. You can use the momentum stopping to save your partner if you have good reflexes. Best of all, you can catch opponents that your partner throws to you. The best example is DK's cargo carry forward throw. He grabs the opponet, then throws hit to you. At pretty much any percent, you catch the opponent for a guaranteed hit.

Not only is Ganon's Utilt not the worst move in the game, it is also not Ganon's worst move. It's not even his second worst, thanks to Dsmash. Anyone who reads this post and still wants to consider Ganon's Utilt for worst needs to stop playing Brawl.

:034:

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Yoshi's neutral B.

I'm sorry but it has no kill potential, even on an edge and they fall off the opponent needs to be either stupid or a stupidly high percentage for it to be effective, by that time you could easily kill them. The damage isn't even that high.

But then I dont play yoshi so I wouldnt know all about it lol

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm surprised no one has said Marth's Bthrow. But then again I skipped 2 pages so I could of missed it.

Marth Bthrow < Mario Dtilt.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Seriously people.....Sheiks dair. Like wtf is that s*** supposed to be?

Frown

poekmon
Yoshi's neutral B.

I'm sorry but it has no kill potential, even on an edge and they fall off the opponent needs to be either stupid or a stupidly high percentage for it to be effective, by that time you could easily kill them. The damage isn't even that high.

But then I dont play yoshi so I wouldnt know all about it lol
Yoshi mains conisder egg lay to be one of his best moves, along with bair, egg toss and pivot grab.

Snail

Smash Lord
Seeing as you main Olimar, that's quite understandable.
Perhaps, but really, is there any use for that move at all? It's like a Jiggs rollout without the KO power >__> All you need to do is jump and anything disjointed will hit Yoshi out of it. I really don't think there's any situation in which using Egg Roll is a good option...

Correct me if I'm wrong though, my knowledge of Yoshi is not as extensive as I'd like.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Mario's dtilt or samus's grabs.
Both can be punished ON HIT, lmao.
Sure, you can hit with it, but then you get hit back, how is that good? lol, there's no situation to use these moves.

:093:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Recovery moves can't be the worst move....as they have a purpose. Worst RECOVERY move?

Yeah, Wario's upB is top tier on that list.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah thats basically what i was talking about hahaha.

worst move ever.

well i honestly have no clue.
jiggs rest?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Link's up special maybe even worse than Wario's up b cause Link has terrible horizontal aerial movement and is a fast faller. Still, Wario's up b sucks, though with the Bike he still has great recovery and Wario most times does not need to use that move.

Snail

Smash Lord
Link's up special maybe even worse than Wario's up b cause Link has terrible horizontal aerial movement and is a fast faller. Still, Wario's up b sucks, though with the Bike he still has great recovery and Wario most times does not need to use that move.
Link's upB kills. And he can charge it too. It's not that bad (:

I am convinced. Mario's Dtilt is the way to go : (

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Zelda DownB

Rest. Tiny *** hitbox with crappy kill potential that, if whiffed, can set your opponent up for ANYTHING. 4 seconds of lag = no bueno.
25 invincibility frames and 2 frame activation easily make up for it. Interrupting a Diddy's dash attack with Rest is too good. There are many other multi-hit moves that this works for. Check them out, they're like...good and stuff.

It's easily Mario dtilt, for reasons others have already stated repeatedly. Rest blows it out of the water. I mean, Rest is terribly unsafe if you miss, but Mario dtilt is unsafe if you HIT.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You can also rest right into water, it's lagless. Interrupting moves like Toon Link's Fsmash is also great.

Mario's Dtilt is just awful.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Mario's Dtilt - It has no range to speak of, terrible damage, little knockback, amazingly slow, and you will get punished every time you hit with it.

Nothing in the game is worse.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Lol, MGaW's #1, anybody? XD
You could even make the argument that Mario dtilt is on par than this, even though it's an 11.1% chance of happening.

GaW 1 Hammer does 12% to GaW, 2% to the opponent. Hits on frame 16, lasts 16-22, 25 frame cooldown. I'm not sure of hit/shieldstun, so I'm not sure what the punishing timeframe is.

Mario dtilt - 5% damage, 7% sweetspot. You are likely to be hit by a dair if you hit, most likely doing ~10% damage (much more if Lucario, Lucas, Ganon, etc).

So you do a bit more damage, but you may take a heap more, too.

Mario's dtilt is just freaking terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom