• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst move in the entire game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt07

Smash Master
I think I'm going to have to go with Sing as well.

Mario's d-tilt doesn't leave you opened as much as Jigglypuff's Sing if they hit the opponent.

Hyro

Smash Lord
But people don't USE mario's dtilt.

Sing is very much used. By the edge to cancel it into a rest.

A move that is rarely used over a move that is never used...sing can't be the worst.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Wow you guys are just talking about Sing and FLUDD and Mario's D-Tilt.

Lucas' PSI magnet is bad. Reasons:

1. It heals you with projectiles, but takes a moment to set up, and by that time, you are either:
-Under the projectile not getting healed
-Getting hit by the projectile

2. After you release it, you suffer about .5 seconds of lag. You can be destroyed by a variety of smashes, such as Ike's F-Smash.

3. WHO THE **** is going to run into a huge pink ball? If they get around and on the back of you, you'll have to release it and suffer the lag over again. It's too obvious.

PSI Magnet=FIAL. (FIAL means epic fail btw)

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Wow you guys are just talking about Sing and FLUDD and Mario's D-Tilt.

Lucas' PSI magnet is bad. Reasons:

1. It heals you with projectiles, but takes a moment to set up, and by that time, you are either:
-Under the projectile not getting healed
-Getting hit by the projectile

2. After you release it, you suffer about .5 seconds of lag. You can be destroyed by a variety of smashes, such as Ike's F-Smash.

3. WHO THE **** is going to run into a huge pink ball? If they get around and on the back of you, you'll have to release it and suffer the lag over again. It's too obvious.

PSI Magnet=FIAL. (FIAL means epic fail btw)

PSI Magnet allows for a ridiculously long recovery though, so...

But yeah it's definitely Sing. On the off-chance that it actually hits, your opponent is going to wake up before you stop singing anyway. And even when their damage is high enough to keep them sleeping, you would've been better off hitting them with an fair for a KO anyway.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Warlock Punch (Ganon's neutral B).

Mario's DTilt, Jigglypuff's Sing, Ganondorf's UTilt, and Ganondorf's Up + B, are all bad moves, but atleast have a chance of hitting the opponent, whereas Ganon's Warlock Punch is NEVER unavoidable.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Warlock Punch (Ganon's neutral B).

Mario's DTilt, Jigglypuff's Sing, Ganondorf's UTilt, and Ganondorf's Up + B, are all bad moves, but atleast have a chance of hitting the opponent, whereas Ganon's Warlock Punch is NEVER unavoidable.
QFL (Quoted For Lie)

Warlock Punch works on a shield-broken opponent or a missed rest.

I think the worst move is mario's D-Tilt. Sing at least can be edge-canceled and at higher percents youcan actually punish sleeping opponents.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Worst by what standard?

Its probably not going to be the worst just because the character using it has better options or because its not useful every single match/set. MK Jab isn't that close to worst and same with his cape. If ganon had those moves, he would use them. Metaknight has better options, but that isn't going to make a move useless. Also stuff like Sing, Ganon's Utilt and anything else that either kills really early or stops your opponent from moving are still very rewarding if you use them properly in rare situations given the opportunity.

If you land the move and still get punished by the person you hit or the damage and knockback angle just suck, it might be among the worst.

Psi magnet isn't that bad, its just something people are going to note and work around if they have something that can be absorbed. Am I talking about the wrong one or does it also yield some help when recovering? In teams a short hop blizzard from IC heals for 90 percent. Ganon utilt has edgeguarding (the barrier spike).

And Warlock Punch is at least has a huge reward in teams ever so rarely and from what I hear one known way of being able to land it in a 1v1.

tl;dr
Is there even a move that is difficult to land, laggy and with a very low reward?

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Lucarios double team is pretty bad. I think DDD's jet hammer is bad. Ganons warlock punch. That freeze move that Lucas does is bad. Falcos fair is bad. Marios Dtilt...jiggs dtilt and sing....there are lots of near useless moves in this game. I can go on and on and on...

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Wow at people saying Mario's FLUDD. It's not bad for edgeguarding.

Is there even a move that is difficult to land, laggy and with a very low reward?
You have a Sonic symbol there, I'm disappointed that you couldn't think of this.

Homing Attack is flat out the worst attack in the game. At least other bad attacks that people have named are scary, like Judge and Ganon's utilt.

sammy p

Smash Lord
its between jigglys rest or sing...
i know rest is prolly wrong and at least it does damage but i cant hit anyone if my life depended on it...... then it leaves me in the open for about 5 seconds.......
sings the same way..... i get left open for a beating for about 5 seconds

Tesh

Smash Hero
Actually as I was outlining the criteria for worst move I was thinking about the horrible startup and ending lag for homing attack combined with it killing at 200+ onstage if someone is dumb enough to not shield it. If you look at my posts on the sonic boards you will see I just didn't want to admit it. It has some uses, but obviously nowhere near rewarding as anything else being considered worst. Does it get points for a banned tactic thats useful(homing stall)?

Reading about pk Freeze, it seems to be quite awful as well though. It kills at 147, it traps people but moves them away from you, they take less damage while trapped, you go helpless if you are in the air when it ends and hits on the same frame as homing attack. At least homing attack has something so useful it was banned.

Can't think of anything less useful than those two moves though.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ The worst move in the game is King Dedede's Up Throw, I never seen anyone use it, only computer players use this move. ♥

Pleather

Smash Cadet
Sonic's homing attack isn't horrible, it can help you recover every so often, and it's definitely less punishable than sing, or jigglypuff's d tilt.

And it's not the worst, but does anyone know of any legitimate use for ROB's side b? Using it to reflect something has NEVER worked for me; the start up lag is horrendous, the ending lag is just as bad, and to make things worse, it starts moving forward before it evens starts reflecting anything. In B+ it gives a nice momentum boost....

Nestec

Smash Ace
ROB >B at least has a reflecting property. It's certainly better than Mario's dtilt.

Lucas' PK Flash is good for controling the opponent, for whatever that's worth. If it's a move that the opponent wants to avoid, it's nowhere near the worst.

jpl315

Smash Apprentice
besides sing...samus' bair is impossible to hit with, falco's fair is pointless, marios dilt sux too

Tesh

Smash Hero
People want to avoid everything, cept maybe ganon's up B sometimes. If mario's dtilt took 50 frames to hit, I would want to avoid it. And PK flash is the one that actually kills people under 100 I think so if you actually do land it, you are somewhat rewarded for your effort.

Nestec

Smash Ace
I wouldn't want to avoid Mario dtilt. Hell, I'll let it hit me, then punish it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm serious guys, half of Olimar's moveset is terrible.

His Pikmin have much better moves.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Wait, do you mean without Pikmin equipped? Or with?

Edit: Oh, lol, you mean without.

Seriously, Olimar is BOTTOM tier. The Pikmin are High Tier.

Smash Journeyman
Sing, is by far the worst. No damage takes forever to hit, and leaves you wide open.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
♣ The worst move in the game is King Dedede's Up Throw, I never seen anyone use it, only computer players use this move. ♥
I've used it to throw someone into a Waddle Doo laser on a platform above me on Brinstar then follow-up with utilt. It can be sexy....sometimes.

This question was beaten into the ground on AiB a while back though and it was never settled. In the end the contenders were:
-Mario dtilt
-Jiggs sing
-Lucas zair
-Single IC up-b
-Nolimar up-b
-Nolimar side-b

I think that's it.

wrrryyy

Smash Rookie
besides sing...samus' bair is impossible to hit with, falco's fair is pointless, marios dilt sux too
Tudor would beg to differ about Samus' bair. Watch his videos.

I'd agree with most people and say that Mario's dtilt is probably the worst, though.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The worst move in the game? Setting your player coin onto Ganondorf's icon.

J/K, Mario's DTilt is pretty much the worst move.

Browny

Smash Hater
luigis DA is pretty bad... even if you actually hit it you will always get the flails powershielded and grabbed, or if hit early, DI behind him and smash attack :/

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Mario's Dtilt. Srsly any move that punishes you for actually hitting the opponent is the worst move in the game. The only other one like it is Ganon's up-B and that helps him recover, so it has a use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom