• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montgomery Brawl Scene I [Reflex confirmed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Montgomery Smash Scene I
Date: August 2nd, 2009

AiB Link

RSVP: (334)590-5237

Address: 107 N Burbank Dr, Montgomery, AL

TV'S AND WIIS/SSBB ARE IN SHORT SUPPLY. YOUR VENUE FEE WILL BE SLASHED!

Venue Fee: $5
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per player)

Singles Payouts
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles Payouts
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

=============================================

Schedule

12:00 Noon - Setups are brought and are put in proper placings.
12:15 A.M. - Registrations, friendlies, and Money Matches
1:00 P.M. - Doubles Brackets begin.
3:00 P.M. / 4:00 P.M. - Loser's/Winner's Finals and the start of Singles Bracket
7:00 P.M.? / 8:00 P.M.? - Double's Grand Finals and Singles Grand Finals

Singles/Doubles Rules

• 3 Stock

• 8 minute timer

• Items are set to "off" and "none"

• Double Elimination

• All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both stock and percentage are tied, a three minute, stock match will be played to determine the winner

• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

• King DeDeDe's Standing Infinite is banned.

• All suicide moves that end the game will result in a win for the person who initiated the tactic. If the opponent should happen to break out and initiator dies, the winner will go to last man standing.

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

•Pausing will NOT be allowed unless it is an extreme emergency (i.e. bleeding, emergency in family matters, etc.) or otherwise.

• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

• Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 250% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

• Life Stealing is allowed

• Set team attack to ON

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character(s)
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character(s)
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.

Stage List

Neutrals
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Each player/team has the option to ban one stage per set.

Additional Details

• The place comes with drinks and there is a Hungry Howie's and other fast food joints to get food from.

• B.Y.O.C. (Bring Your Own Controllers)

• Pick up all your ****. We will not be allowed to play in the place again if we **** it up and trash the place.

• Take a **** shower. Nobody wants to smell that ****. Bring Axe or Tag if needed.

• This is a tourney. Tell friends and advertise.

• Drugs and alcohol are prohibited.

• Live stream? Maybe, maybe not. It all depends.

• This is planned to be Bi-Weekly with growing attendants

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
You freaks, this is what I feel. >=[ I'll change it anyways...

EDIT: But PS1 will stay =3

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
lylat for cp
and don't be biased make d3's infinites banned <_<
Honestly, I'm not being biased. I don't CG regardless so I could give less than a ****. But if you know you have the possibility of being a part of an infinite CG, then you should just avoid that character and use a secondary.

nice1

Smash Lord
just use t1j ruleset and it makes it even and fair or use the official swf ruleset. i'll be at this tho

T3h Albino

Smash Master
i forgot you didn't cg rai ;B
but still it's kind of bull**** that if i main mario i absolutely HAVE TO play a secondary just to avoid d3 infiniting me. I mean atleast without the infinite mario has some kind of chance

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
They don't have to just. They just have to hope the D3 sucks at the infinite CG. But if enough people ***** about it, I will change it.

nice1

Smash Lord
i know ur joking about distant planet being a cp right. and this is a double elimination tourney right? i know it sounds me and albino but we're trying to help u with the ruleset as best as possible so people can have a good time and com back to more events, and there needs to be a time schedule for when whats next is gonna happen.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
PS1 is stupid as a neutral in Brawl. It encourages WAY too much camping.

edit: In Melee it's nice as a neutral because the characters are smaller so the obstacles don't get in the way too much. Camping isn't encouraged for that reason as well.

In Brawl you have to work around the dumb stage and hope to avoid getting camped to death. If you're on one side of the mountain, windmill, or tree transformation, you'll likely not try to get to the other side if the opponent is just sitting there. It's too risky. You'll just run down the time and prolong the set even further, and the closer you get the the end of a timed match, the more likely you'll begin to try to stall/air camp/plank the rest of the match. (Which technically can't be DQed by the SBR's ruleset, which is the one you've implemented for this tourney, but that's for another time to talk about.)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
i know ur joking about distant planet being a cp right. and this is a double elimination tourney right? i know it sounds me and albino but we're trying to help u with the ruleset as best as possible so people can have a good time and com back to more events, and there needs to be a time schedule for when whats next is gonna happen.
This is a WoP. I still need to get flyers and ****. Distant Planet is alright for a CP. The walkoff is uphill and can't be CG up to. Schedules will fall later into this. Plus we have a good amount of time to work this through

nice1

Smash Lord
it really doesn't matter if u can't cg on DP. Don't look at wat D3 can/can't do on the stages but all the characters. The mansion is banned cuz of stalling. check out plank vs toasty and u see y that map is banned. For DP that map is just too unbalanced and that can have tons a camping. we don't think PS1 should be a CP for various reasons but don't look at what d3 can/can't do on stages look at the whole cast. shaSLAM is a good friend of mines and i know with him helping u it'll be run right but none of us are trying to bag on u or nothing we just wanna help a fellow smasher at running tourneys

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
THIS IS elev8

Serin got his list from AIB. Distant Planet is not a cp, Luigi's Mansion is not a cp, and PS1 is not neutral. Serin has never ran a tournament and i'm pretty sure he has never been to one, so we need to help him out!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
THIS IS elev8

I am looking forward to TCS!!! I'll go ahead and start asking for MMs now. Anyone interested?

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
. The walkoff is uphill and can't be CG up to.
Just a small step-in, but

Distant Planet can still be CG'd to death. I know this for a fact. the uphill part doesn't change anything. I did this to Stash himself, and have a replay with proof that you can walkoff CG kill someone on distant planet.

Atleast D3 can. idk any others, but they aren't the issue. Point being, yes D3 can CG -> death on that walkoff when it's not raining.

Just something to think about.

nice1

Smash Lord
u said ur making flyers before u let them go out to the public may we see it to confirm everything needed is on it :)

nice1

Smash Lord
how bout this
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship (keep or ban) but ive seen some gay **** happen on this stage with ness
Rainbow Cruise

and ban the standing infinite

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind this isn't a thread about TCS6!

This is really soon and kinda short notice. I might be able to make it~. Depends on what I have goin' on.

nice1

Smash Lord
TEAM ATTACK ON (For Doubles)
STOCK SHARING IS ALLOWED
add it's a double elimination tourney (some peeps may think its single)
turbo function on controllers are banned if ur caught using it u forfeit the tourney.
these sound like people should know this but its best to put it on paper so no excuse if they lose

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Ugh it's so close by but on a Sunday! The most evilest of days to have a tournament! Unless it's like after 4 or something I shall be at work and unable to attend though I guess I could show up late. Dunno, depends on when it starts.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ill be here for sure.
if i go with elev8 to both soth east battles and this i guess we will all be here.
and ive got a couplke local people that want to come.
t1j nu and george and all them need to come.
we need everyone to try to make this work.
if we make this work that means we will have more tourneys. alot more because Visions frankly never gets buisness and doesnt give a **** how many tourneys we host im pretty sure.

Serin. I have tio and i weill be in charge of all the disco shananegans.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Considering I will be asleep for SE Battles, this seems like a nice alternative.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah dude. ban distant planet and the mansion also.
its neccesary.

nice1

Smash Lord
now all u need is to note this is a B.Y.O.C (Bring your own controller) tourney, note its a double elimination tourney, a time schedule and i think ur rdy for the flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom