• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC#7 - Season's Beatings 4: New Crack City - Oct. 17, 18 - 2009 - Columbus, OH

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
***********************Godlike Productions presents:**************************

Seasons Beatings 4: New Crack City
Exactly one year after the world’s greatest MvC2 tournament, old faces and new fighters clash in Columbus, Ohio, in a hype atmosphere for fighters not seen since the '90s. Whether your Crack is SFIV, Maaaahval, BlazeBlue, Smash or even all the way back to UMK, you best believe the competion is going to be one hot dose ... Don't Sleep.

DAIGO VS. JUSTIN is on!!!!

Daigo Umehara will be traveling to the U.S. for Season's Beatings 4 to again face off against Justin Wong and the best of America.

EVO 2009 RUNBACK: After one of the hypest Street Fighter matches ever at Evo this year, Daigo and Justin will face off in a First-to-10 SFIV exhibition at SB4. Will the payout be in yen or dollars?? See the epic runback this October, only in O-H-I-O -- this event WILL NOT BE STREAMED.

And maybe you'll have a chance to TEST YOUR MIGHT against the infamous beast unleashed in tournament -- see how you face against a true legend. Witness this next chapter in one of the most exciting matchups in gaming history IN PERSON this October.

We also like to announce that Seb representing Frame-Advantage.Com will be providing the following for those who cannot attend:

- Live stream (Direct Feed + Live cameras + Brackets)
- Match Commentary
- HQ Match Recording/Re-Upload Afterwards

Date:
Friday, Oct. 16; Saturday, Oct 17; Sunday, Oct 18 - 2009

2895 Olentangy River Rd.
Columbus, OH 43202
(NO outside food or drinks allowed --There is a full grill and beverage bar including alcohol for those 21+)

Directions:
Google Maps

Event pics:
Were you there?
And check Preppy's site for a taste of the 2008 Marvel hype: Preppy's YouTube Channel

REGISTRATION is now LIVE go here SeasonsBeatingsIV:NewCrackCity and sign up for the craziest SB to date.

The cut off date for online registration is Tues Oct 14th at 11:59pm. Friday Oct 16th will be reserved for last minute walk up registration which will be a $35 venue fee so we strongly encourage EVERYONE to register online before the cutoff date.

Get Your Reservations:

Red Roof Inn Columbus – The Ohio State University
Same plaza as the venue
Reservations
441 Ackerman Road
Columbus, OH 43202
614-267-9941

Fairfield Inn & Suites - Columbus OSU
This hotel is across the street from the venue
3031 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, Ohio 43202
Phone: 614-267-1111
Fax: 614-267-0904
Sales: 614-267-1111 ext. 2003
Sales Fax: 614-267-0904

University Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Also located across the street from the venue
3110 Olentangy River Rd.
Columbus, Ohio 43202
Phone: 614-267-7461
Toll Free: 877-OS-PLAZA (877-677-5292)
Fax: 614- 456-1157

$25 venue fee
All tournaments are $10 entry (besides $5 UMK3)
Doors open at 10 a.m. on Saturday/Sunday, and 5 p.m. on Friday. Last-minute reg will begin at 1 p.m.

Remember to include real name, SRK name, your home location, and games to be played in your online payment. )

Last minute Live Registration will be on Friday 1pm - 6pm

Friday Singles:

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (PS2) - 7 p.m.
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade) - 7 p.m.
Melty Blood Actress Again (PS2) - 8 p.m.

-- SFIV (PS3) 3-on-3 teams. 9pm - (Registration on site) --
-- Marvel High Stakes Grudge Match – TOTALTOANAGE VS. FANATIQ FT10 - 9 p.m. --

Saturday Singles:

Street Fighter IV (PS3) -11 a.m.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - Noon
Guilty Gear: Accent Core (PS2) - Noon
BlazBlue (PS3) - 3 p.m.
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC) – 3 p.m.
Street Fighter II: HD Remix (PS3) - 7:30 p.m.

Dinner Break 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.

MAIN EVENT– DAIGO VS. JUSTIN FT10 SFIV - 9 p.m.

Sunday – Finals Top 8

SMASH payout:

Singles
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4% (X 2)

Doubles
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Payouts will be 70/20/10 for non-Smash games.

Those of you who know us know that we are strictly business. So there will be NO mishandling of funds, waiting on checks to clear, 3rd-party mishaps, low-turnout excuses, etc. You will leave with the MONEY you win!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules:

All tournaments will be double-elimination; 2/3 matches; 3/5 winner's/loser's finals; 4/7 GF.

This is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller/Converter/Joystick) event. It is strongly discouraged that you share your stick/pad with anyone during the tournaments. The 3-min rule is strongly in effect, Meaning if you are called for a match and cannot report for it due to waiting on YOUR equipment, the losers bracket awaits you after 3 minutes. Also the SB/Momos staff is not responsible for lost or stolen equipment, so please KEEP a close eye on your belongings at all times. In regards to convertors for any system, we strongly advise EVERYONE to bring your own converter if your pad/stick requires it and to be cautious to lending out. We will not be providing them because they are rare and always come up missing.

The following rules apply:

If the start button is hit or a malfunction with your equipment occurs, causing the game to pause or reset during a match within the first 5 secs, the match WILL be restarted. However if after that point then your opponent will have the opportunity to take the 1st win or reset the match, advantage or not.

Button mapping is allowed. Button macros are allowed (3P/3K). Program pads or right-analog-special mapping in BB is banned.

SFIV - Winner keeps the same character.

SF:HD - Winner keeps the same character, Akuma is banned.

3S - Winner keeps the same character, but can change super art. Loser can change everything. JUDGEMENT CANNOT DECIDE A MATCH!!

MvC2 - No game-breaking glitches (you know what they are); Juggs' glitch allowed. Winner keeps the SAME team/SAME order (but switch glitch allowed to choose SAME ORDER you won with). Loser can change everything.

Smash Brothers Brawl
General Rules

•3 Stock
•8 minute timer
•Items are set to "off" and "none"
•All sets are best of three
•Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of 5
•In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors (RPS)
•No player may choose the stage they last won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
•In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports (picks 2 and 3), and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
•Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
•If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. All other suicide-KO's will be determined by the result screen (loss or tie, if tie play a 1-stock, 2 minute Overtime with 10 edge grab limit).
•You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions (or malfunctions), it must be agreed upon by both parties. If a Wii remote runs out of batteries the current game will continue unpaused.
•Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
•*Stalling is banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing will be allowed
•If time runs out the winner will be determined by the following
1. If one player has over 25 edge grabs (edge grabs are recorded automatically in post-game statistics) that player loses by DQ. If both players have more than 25 edge grabs then go to number 2.
2. If 1 has not occurred then the player with the highest stock wins. If stocks are tied then the player with the lowest percentage wins. If both stock and percent are tied then go to number 3.
3. Play a 1 stock overtime game that will be played on the same stage with the same characters with a 2 minute time limit. 10 edge grab limit.

•No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Note: Momo's, Godlike Productions, Chris Brown, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will Chris Brown, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the event you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stages

Starter (for stage striking)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter pick stages
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Don't miss a chance to test your mettle against the biggest names in fighting games.

Let us know in this thread if you plan to attened, but remember that the mandatory online pre-registration is the only pre-registration we are recording, in order to manage our funds, eliminate long lines on tournament morning, and fill out brackets in advance to start ON TIME

More info soon. Any questions, post here or PM fugee or Ghaleon.

Please let us know if you can provide TVs/systems. With the huge interest we're going to again need the community's help on providing systems/TVs. We'll provide all the space needed.

Thanks to all for the continued support -- esp all the road warriors making the trip to Columbus. We look forward to seeing everyone again -- and plenty of newcomers with SFIV out in force. -gdlk

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Unless something catastrophic happens then I will be running this.

Also the rules will likely be amended somewhat.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I hope they still do.... that venue fee rises at each one!

I'll be here, but I have to leave right when I get eliminated to go celebrate my brother's 21st!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That's a disgusting venue fee...

Even so, this thing looks like it'll be good. I'm at a maybe right now but I'll try to make it because I need to travel more anyway.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
MoMo's probably relies that venue fee. This is the only time of the year where it doesn't suck. [/rant]

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Jesus I didn't even notice that venue fee. ****ing ridiculous.

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
Last year you guys had melee and brawl. Any chance of there being a melee tournament this year?

Even if there isn't I'd still go to watch/play friendlies for the other games.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Weren't there like 12 entrants for Melee?
and Brawl combined?

Definitely not going to this with a $25 venue fee.

With a $10 entry and a 60/30/10 pot split

It'd take 5 people entering and me getting 1st to break event. If I got 2nd, it'd take 8. If I got 3rd, it'd take 25.

This is before making any profit whatsoever.

That's bad for me when I'm one of the people that can actually win money. God save those that want to play smash for fun. o_O

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
That's true, but event 52 was on the same day.

I'm not saying that everyone who went to event 52 would've went to Season's Beatings 3, but there might have been at least a few more entrants had they been on different dates.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@OS: While many of the locals weren't there due to this venue fee, many people from other fighters don't mind blowing their money away.

Last year there were 67 for Brawl. Looking at who those were, I can only recognize less than half of them from the smash community.

From what I've heard, we have Sunday for smash as well. If there is melee (again up to AZ and the TOs), it would be on that day.

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
You guys can do Melee on Sunday if you want, but there was almost zero interest last year when I got that together on Sunday. 12 people maybe? And a couple of them needed to be hounded :p

We realize that the $25 is higher, but this is officially a major, and that's comparable to what places like Final Round (the same or higher)/NEC ($20 this year) do, and we feel we offer an event that's unparalled because of the venue itself and the competition. It's also tied to the fact that we're flying Daigo to face Justin Wong in a never-before-seen exhibition between the two of them, in SFIV. We're really doing our best to create a unique atmosphere no one else has.

I can talk to Fugee if you guys want an update on the space. We're expanding to use allll of MoMos for games -- from the bowling area to the karaoke rooms being the BYOC area -- so we're accomodating the influx of people we're looking at this year.

And reminder you get a discount if you bring a setup. Preferable: tube TVs 21"-27", Playstation 3's with SFIV + all chars unlocked MANUALLY (not through someone else's save), + Wiis of course!

King~

Smash Champion
And reminder you get a discount if you bring a setup. Preferable: tube TVs 21"-27", Playstation 3's with SFIV + all chars unlocked MANUALLY (not through someone else's save), + Wiis of course!
thats what i needed to hear, granted im still not comfortable with my venue fee going towards something im not apart of(the flying daigo out thing)

are you guys still lettin people who bring setups in early?

TheKiest

Smash Champion
They definitely are K.Yosh, they gotta have everything set up before the wave of peops enter.
(Correct me if I'm wrong Ghaleon)

soap

Smash Hero
lol ya

and one of them was forward :urg:

and Brawl combined?

Definitely not going to this with a $25 venue fee.

With a $10 entry and a 60/30/10 pot split

It'd take 5 people entering and me getting 1st to break event. If I got 2nd, it'd take 8. If I got 3rd, it'd take 25.

This is before making any profit whatsoever.

That's bad for me when I'm one of the people that can actually win money. God save those that want to play smash for fun. o_O
OS is kinda homo with that last sentence

but i agree, $25 entry is a bit ridiculous

maybe not if u play marvel and this is your biggest tourney of the year

but def not worth it for some random melee/brawl tourney

QUIVO

Smash Master
We could probably split up the housing again i'd imagine. I don't know if i'll make it to this. I'm not going to request off since this **** is so expensive. I might just come for part of it.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Thsi tourne is too expensive for the OUGAers too.

I'll still be here though.

Not to speak for Ghaleon or AZ, but I think the doors are opened Friday for friendlies + side tournes. (The venue fee covers Friday-Sunday). Maybe we can all practice there Friday night before the event, depending on when NEOH + Others arrive.

I'd be able to bring two TVs and 1 wii+ brawl/melee for this if people are up for it.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
dayton is going to this (me, jellityme, banhammer, akira, and maybe fizzle) i will bring a setup like i usually do. if any housing is available i would like to know, if not i will get a hotel or attempt to stay with somewhat near family
it will prolly be me jelli and maybe ban that will need housing

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
If Smash wants a different payout that's fine -- changing to the following at AZ's request:

Singles
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4% (X 2)

Doubles
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

OP is updated with all schedule/pre-reg info. Like I said, you can't *buy* team entry on the pre-pay site, but teams will begin as soon as singles is over, or the next day -- it's whatever the players want to do.

If there are any other questions we can answer, let us know!

We guarantee an atmosphere unlike any other -- we are flying out the most famous Japanese Street Fighter, Daigo Umeharu, to SB4 and he's bringing unheard-of hype. SFIV especially has injected new life to the fighting-game scene and we hope Smashers will want to check out the energy and excitement of East vs. West!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Everyone who plans to attend please pre-register here:
http://seasonsbeatings.bravehost.com/SeasonsBeatingsIV.html

It is a $25 venue fee before the tournament! It is $35 if you show up at the door. Don't pay that much! You can also save more money if you bring equiptment (TV + Wii), getting you a cash refund on the spot ($5-$10, amount not determined yet).

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
Hey, my name is Justin, and I am extremely interested in attending this tournament. In fact, so interested that I am sure that I will be even though the drive from Huntington WV to Columbus is liek 3 hours.. So... I would like to preregister, so, do I just go to the PayPal website and then what? I have played in Tournaments before, but I've not had to use PayPal, haha. It's cool though. I will be bringing approximately four other dudes with me. Looking forward to playing some really stupendous smashers!

solecalibur

Smash Master
If I find a ride I'll pre-register I plan on Blazblue and Brawl
But im still iffy about blazblue maybe i'll just register there and check no

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Pre-reg does not close by this Friday, it's open till a week before the tourney. So you've all got time still!

Just please remember that if you emergency register on the day, the brackets will already be made so A: You will get a less favorable spot, and B: It's a pain to us and having as many people pre-reg means we can start all the earlier, so please pre-reg for anything you want to play!

And yeah, venue fee is the whole weekend, so you have time to just enjoy the venue, not feel rushed, and see what's going on with all the other games if you want. Sunday is going to be the Top 8 in most of the games, so we're doing it Evo style.

Top Bottom