• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC#7 - Season's Beatings 4: New Crack City - Oct. 17, 18 - 2009 - Columbus, OH

solecalibur

Smash Master
Pre-reg reminder -- we're almost just a week away, PLEASE pre-register if you're coming! It's $10 extra if you just show up at the door. We enjoy $$ but we enjoy a smooth event more, so please check the site out and sign up this week. The deadline to do so is almost a week away. Thanks guys!
Can I just pre-register the entry fee and pay for brawl later or do I have to buy everything in one go? I still have to figure out if I want a t-shirt and such

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I am absolutely thrilled about the edge grabbing rule!

By the way, do the edge grabs count Popo + Nana or just Popo?

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I would totally preregister, but I don't like dealing with paypal...

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
few things

1) deadline to register?

2) Venue waives for setups?

3) Hotel room? My friend is coming to this for his 21st b-day party. The MW should show him how we do things.

King~

Smash Champion
at 2, yes just pm ghaleon to let him know your bringing one

3 if i can get housing with aZ or q i rather take that so i donthave to pay hotel expenses just a heads up

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
at 2, yes just pm ghaleon to let him know your bringing one

3 if i can get housing with aZ or q i rather take that so i donthave to pay hotel expenses just a heads up

Why are you up so late?

I'd probly be bringing like 3-4 people from Akron U. I guess Q and AZ did house like 5 people last time but Tyme's fiance is getting him a hotel room for his 21st b-day... I'unno we'll figure something out.

i wish you had told me about this earlier ITT, if I can build up some money, Ill try to attend

Build up da money. If you bring a setup the venue fee is waived!

Also, plz put me down as bringing a setup for Brawl and I may have a friend bringing a PS3 setup for BlazBlu.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
So umm... does anyone think they can house louisville/cincy? It'll be me, crash, calic, infern, and kassandra coming up :x Infern said he had some ideas that he'd look into for housing but hasn't gotten back to me on it.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I might be able to do some housing. My roommate's girlfriend's cat stays at my place now. So anyone that is allergic to cats please stand up

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm housing someone from NY. I may have room for 1-2 other people if I already know them. Depends on my roommate and other junk.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Sorry Hilt, I'm housing OUGA already and we are all going back to Athens after we get eliminated.

@AZ: Post the ruleset for All Brawl por favor (that is Please in spanish for those that don't care)

Kel

Smash Master
I want to go to this, but I REALLY disagree with the 25 ledge grab limit so...we'll see what happens.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Are you trying to enter both chillin?

Theyre practically starting at the same time, so it's a possibility. IIRC last year Forward entered SF 3rd strike and still played brawl

Btw, hardly any interest for Melee last year. They had a few setups on Saturday last year, but I doubt they'll do it again since AZ said no

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Brawl doubles and singles will occur on both days. We will play out the brackets until top 8 or so in singles/doubles and then finish the brackets on Sunday.

All-Brawl rules for Friday are:
-All items on Medium
-All stages
Best of 3
2 stock, 3 minutes
No % tie breaker, instead play out sudden death
First stage is chosen by hitting random. With all stages turned on for random.
Loser of the previous game may choose to either select the stage for the next game or change their character. The winner must remain the same character regardless of what the loser has chosen.
Winners finals/losers finals/grand finals are best of 5

Remember to buy your passes online to save yourself money! I'm buying mine tomorrow!

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Last year I did Tekken and Brawl.

Both of them started at 3 pm, I had to go from one game of brawl over to tekken, then back to brawl. It's doable and many others do it at this event.

QUIVO

Smash Master
25 is just fine imo. Grabbing the ledge 25+ times is unnecessary.

AZ and I would look at our ledge grabs after a lot of games we would play and i think our average was like, 10?

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I got a PM and wanted to clear up some questions since it's almost tourney time:

T-800 said:
Howdy,

I just had a few quick questions about the event.

1) What time does the All Brawl tournament on Friday start? I really want to enter the UMK3 tournament and I know that starts at 7, but I can't seem to find info on the Brawl tournament happening on Friday.

2) If I want to enter the singles and doubles tournaments of Brawl, how do I do so online?

3) I'm very possibly able to bring a setup for the Brawl tournaments. Does that waive the venue fee? And if so, how to I apply that to my online registration?

Thanks for any help!
Brawl on Friday will just depend on who's there that evening :) A couple people have mentioned they just want to play casuals -- or if everyone wants to do a tourney, that's fine too (in which case $$ for this would be paid for Friday night). It's up to you guys. Please make sure to bring your equipment Friday night if you're able, or else it will be a boring night for Smash players. (not many SRk players will probably bring Wiis w/ copies of Smash + stuff unlocked).

Singles you can pre-reg for on the site (check my first post in the thread here. Tteams will be played either after singles or on Sunday, and this will be paid after singles is over.

We will be giving out venue discounts once a player brings their stuff in on tourney weekened. Unfortunately there was no way to apply venue discounts over online, because people might pre-pay w/ discount and forget their stuff ;)

Please also remember that Tuesday, 11:59 p.m. is the deadline to sign up online. Last min reg at the door will be Friday from 1 - 6 p.m. and carry a $10 extra charge. For this event to run smooth we need the pre-regs! It's better for you and for us, and it's less waiting time for players + more time for casuals later on. Thanks for understanding!

jokey665

Smash Ace
25 is just fine imo. Grabbing the ledge 25+ times is unnecessary.

AZ and I would look at our ledge grabs after a lot of games we would play and i think our average was like, 10?
I've hit 30 in game that lasted less than three minutes with ROB. I do it relatively often, actually. Sometimes you just gotta laser spam from the ledge.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Already got the setups covered for Friday Ghaleon, OUGA will be bringing 3.

@T-800, AZ is running the smash stuff, so he'll know the time for Friday better than Ghaleon (who is running other things).

@AZ: Is doubles before singles like usual, or is it like Ghaleon says?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We'll run singles first since that means everyone who registered will be near me w/ my computer and I can then do a call out for people who are entering teams. Expect singles to start ASAP and then doubles to start around 5-6 or so. We have a LOT of time since we have both Saturday and Sunday and I want to save a little of each for both days.

As per All-Brawl: we will start it when it looks like most people are there on Friday. AKA whenever it seems like we have enough people interested in a tourney we will start said tournament. Expect it to start around 5pm though since we need time to get it done.

PLEASE BRING SET UPS!!! TV! WII! BRAWL! VIOLA! SAVE MONEY!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Just so everyone would know. I will be attending SB4. With the popularity of these smash airbrushed controllers bags. I will have a few with me. Brawl only. Melee coming soon! If anyone is interested in buying 1. Pm me or talk to me at sb4. Enjoy!

(((Razer has won the bag)))​

Top Bottom