• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
it's probably a problem with his wii.

the color of discs doesn't mean much btw, imgburn gives yo ua full readout of the disc info.

try burning it at 2.4 or something.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Im new at this and trying to find the loop points but I get this error "libmpg123-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." So I'm guessing I need this file or I input the wrong thing any of you guys know whats wrong or where I can get this file?

n0ne

Smash Ace
um... no he doesnt have a wii.. he has a cube... the wii is mine but it reads the backup perfectly... Im talking about his cube. Also I forgot to mention. Im pretty sure its something with this hacked copy im talking about because the other one raynex gave me works perfect on the cube.

The hacked copy im talking about is the same one Tichinde925 provided on one of the posts.. but i even further modified it. Guess Im gonna have to start again from scratch to make this disc work on my friends cube or do u have another suggestion? im pretty sure its not burning issues cuz, like i said, retail melee and raynex`s version works perfect on it, as do other games.

SleepyK

oh, you're using a hacked gc.
sd media launcher?
and yeah, just try from scratch imo.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Lol stupid situation. After so many melee burns I finally found what was happening. Altho I started from scratch i still didnt work, I was so furious so I did my last burn-try on another PC over at my brothers place and works like a charm. Aparently the cube doesnt like my burns. I dont know why tho, My burner is only like a month old and ive been burning wii, gc and even X360 discs on it, and np until now. lol

BTW the cube didnt have sd media launcher, it was modchipped.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Im new at this and trying to find the loop points but I get this error "libmpg123-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." So I'm guessing I need this file or I input the wrong thing any of you guys know whats wrong or where I can get this file?
Search the thread for my huge 2 part post that contains the loop points for evey song in the game sans MK1 and MK2.

It's over here.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9558164&postcount=990
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9558168&postcount=991

Sounds like you need the external dlls.
http://hcs64.com/files/vgmstream_external_dlls.zip
There they are.

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
Hi all

I recently try to make my version of Doc Mario :

Doc Mario Akatsuki Version :

I wanna create Csp's too but ive got this :

I use this video for following steps ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyKWTdZegD8

Im think its because i use Pal version of the game and i didnt found MnSlChr.usd but MnSlChr.ukd

Anybody can help me for founding the place for Doc mario's Csp's offsets in .ukd version ?

In usd version : 00138840

Link to MnSlChr.ukd :
http://www.mediafire.com/?wwzjyq3lmm0

Link to Akatsuki Doc :
http://www.mediafire.com/?haydzyjzmjy

Thx very much :/

Steelia

Smash Champion
Qual_, that Doc is KICKIN'! Definitely using that. (Hope you don't mind if I relocate it onto Blue Doc; that's my only free Doc left. :p )
Nyaha... I remember whenever the first Brawl textures made had a Jigglypuff-Akatsuki texture... People raged so hard. XD

Anywho, Qual_, here is your DrNr CSP placement in the .UKD:

38.tpl - 00138840 (32 lines)

........which has the exact same placement as the .USD MnSlChr files. o_O
In that case, that must mean there is a hexing error somewhere in there. I made the video tutorial in the link above, and I'm quite positive I didn't miss any steps . . . I'll assume you used Magenta (ff00ff) as your background color for the CSP, and you made it transparent whenever you were done with your texture?
Are you using Photoshop, GIMP, or another art program? Photoshop is HIGHLY recommended, as it doesn't mess with the Alpha Layers of the CSPs.

libertyernie

Smash Ace

I posted a picture to get your attention.
That brown Link texture will eventually be released, but right now all I have time for is to tell you that KirbyTool works with Link and Mario too now.
M&SG, this should make your job easier :)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Thx for my doc ^^

He can be part of ur stuff at stacksmash ?

Yeah , i use photoshop, with majenta ff00ff, indexed colors etc

but at 8:32 in ur video, offsets match, but not for me...

That is .rar with doc' csp ( tga folder, tcs, tlp , and all tool.

http://www.mediafire.com/?idjjtuwotiq
Sorry, can't upload costumes from people outside the team... However... I've been planning on making a "Fan"-based page for people to see the works by those outside the team, just to show a little bit of progress. Got to remember to try that out. :)

In any case, you say the offsets don't match... and you're using Hex Editor Neo?

The left column (offsets) should be counting in digits of 10, starting from 00000000.
The top rows should be counting in single digits, and grouped into 4 rows per.

Offset 00133840 should look a little something like this:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll299/six_nomads/ovr.jpg

If it doesn't, and you're using Hex Editor Neo, you'll need to click around within the rows and columns until you find that offset. After that, you copy-paste from offset 00000260 in your TPL and paste it into the .UKD, then you copy from offset 00000020 to offset 00000210 and paste that directly after the original data in the .UKD. (Make sure to deselect [CTRL+D] inside your .TPL . . . and you have Hex Editor Neo in OVR [overwrite] mode! You can see it in the above picture.)

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
It work ! :psycho:

Thanks a lot S. !

Another question, there is a way to change the colors of fox/falco laser ?

U know what files i need to do it ?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

Steelia

Smash Champion
Another question, there is a way to change the colors of fox/falco laser ?

U know what files i need to do it ?
Haha, nice! Glad it worked out.

As for Falco and Fox's lasers... that was something I was requested to change a long time ago. But as I've come to learn, I'm afraid those aren't textured; they're colored as CLR0 (same as Mr. Game & Watch colors)... so unless we figure out where those are, we won't be able to change the lasers any day soon. ):

@Tee ay eye: Soujiro Marth, brilliant! I saw that once, but I totally forgot to write it down. Too bad we can't get rid of Marth's cape, though.

Steelia

Smash Champion

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Tee ay eye: Soujiro Marth, brilliant! I saw that once, but I totally forgot to write it down. Too bad we can't get rid of Marth's cape, though.
I'm probably guessing that we can't make portions of Peach's dress, or Zelda's dress transparent either.

Peach's dress can be understandable though, since her two dress texture parts are in CI8 format, and use RGB565 palettes.

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
I make textures with the tool released at first post. ( 0.93 )

Its very quickly for _14 and some _9

Save into photoshop, go to the tool's windows, press up for use previous command and Enter. extremely good ! :p

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
Its the first time that i make texture :p

I want to release my stuff somewhere, but i dont know where :/

Stacksmash is dead for no-member :p

Maybe at the first post of this topic ? There is some link to textures, like Ronald captain falcon etc ?

Steelia, its difficult to enter in ur team ? :/

Falco has an akatsuki logo behind him

Edit : Dark Hyrule On Space Released !

http://www.mediafire.com/?yakwqmbttnl

Most recent than screen, and some textures's fix. :)

Hope u enjoy it, !

voorhese

Smash Master
have we found a way to change the structure of something yet?

if we have someone needs to make ganon have a hockey mask that looks like

with clothes like

(make the cape part of his jacket)

i said change the structure, so its a flat mask

i dont think this is possible quite yet but when it is DO IT

my friends want me to pick up ganon again, and i have decided that until ^ is done i wont, but when it is, i will play ganon a lot

Steelia

Smash Champion
Forgot to say it earlier, but Thanks for the upgraded Mario-Link-supported KirbyTool, libertyernie! (:
Do you think you'll be able to do fighters like Roy or Ganondorf later? The ones that have a lot of textures... but a majority of their textures are located in the same places in all their .DAT files.

And for Shine ? Its same ?
Afraid so; no textures for that thing, either, to the best of my knowledge. ):

Awesome stage, though. What is it based off of?
As for team qualifications . . . err . . . I'm not exactly very picky when it comes to team members, but, generally, ONE specific quality I look for is that a person has had SOME experience with their field (I accepted Tichinde925 as a member because he had experience in doing music and sounds, and he had been doing both of those for a long enough time already).

Also, you CAN release your stuff in this topic (releasing the .DAT files and whatnot through an uploading service like Megaupload or something)... just that... there's no organization for it, and it can become lost as the pages go on. 'fraid it's the only way to go for now, though. ^^;
I'm not allowed to upload anything to the Stack Smash server unless it's 100% our stuff (team member stuff), so I can't help you out there... Sorry. >:

Still, on a different note, getting back @n0ne, Akatsuki-Doc on Blue:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6YQXLB10

~Hope you don't mind, Qual_, but for this version I did some SLIGHT additions to him (mainly just adding his trippy eyeball to his other Eye files, since for some reason they were missing). X:

LuCKy

Smash Master
i have a question

i have melee on my dolphin emulator but i have no idea how to get a memory file for all the characters and stages

my friend gave me one but every time i tried to use it it would say the memory card is corrupted and needs to be formatted

help? >.>

SleepyK

i have a question

i have melee on my dolphin emulator but i have no idea how to get a memory file for all the characters and stages

my friend gave me one but every time i tried to use it it would say the memory card is corrupted and needs to be formatted

help? >.>
you can grab ones from gamefaqs that work just fine.

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
No probs S.

Dark Hyrule is based of Shadow moses ( brawl )

Ill try now to change the green in Pokemon Stadium to the blue ( like in brawl at first stage of Subspatial mode )

Ive dump the texture, make tcs and tpl files, found offset on GrPs.dat, create offsets.txt , change color, creates tpl, insert it in .dat but nothing has change o_o

can u look if ive missed some thing ?

Ive uploaded it in.rar, with the original and modified files

http://www.mediafire.com/?yynzzzrnwhj

Thx u :)

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
you can grab ones from gamefaqs that work just fine.
I've been trying those files actually. And they, unsurprisingly, are in .gcs and .gci format. Unfortunately dolphin can't fully convert gci and gcs back into .raw so I downloaded Memcardmerge103b.rar to merge the files. This, unfortunately, creates corrupted files.

Any suggestions?

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
Ive uploaded it in.rar, with the original and modified files

http://www.mediafire.com/?yynzzzrnwhj
if the name of .tga files is not the name as in the tcs files its because ive change the name before upload. sry

EDIT : !! Ive found the prob, ist because ive change the GrPs.dat , Ive try on Grps.ukd and its work !

look :

But ive not understand why plateforms are green , ive change the green to the bleu, but when im play on dolphin and dump textures, my blue is dumped, but no trace of any green .Tga O_O

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
if the name of .tga files is not the name as in the tcs files its because ive change the name before upload. sry

Well if you're playing the NTSC USA version of the game if you have to edit the Grps.usd and not the Grps.dat

To see your green to blue change. Change the game's language to *** and you'll most likely see it if you did everything correctly.
Hope this helps.

OH yea, btw, Can you plz send me that Akatsuki Falco? I love it :)

Steelia

Smash Champion

EDIT : !! Ive found the prob, ist because ive change the GrPs.dat , Ive try on Grps.ukd and its work !

look :
[/QUOTE]

If memory serves me right for when I made a Pkmn Stadium Brawl hacked stage... the two platforms don't utilize the same textures for the MAIN platform. Instead, they have "colorless" (black and white) files to color them in instead. Which sucks, because that means you won't be able to change their color to match the stage. Dunno why it does that, cheap thing. :mad:

Top Bottom