• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Anyone cosplayingfor Otakon? This year i will be for the first time. I've got Luigi and Gene Starwind(Outlaw Star) lined up. And for the rave im going to be a hipster pikachu
I don't really need to cosplay, I'm just gonna be carrying around that big *** Domo-kun backpack again. That's my permanent cosplay, because I can hide ridiculous amounts of alcohol in it.

Henjo

Smash Rookie
See you guys at Otakon this year again hopefully. Maybe i'll even de-lazy and cosplay.

Lobos

Smash Master
See you guys at Otakon this year again hopefully. Maybe i'll even de-lazy and cosplay.
Go as pikachu or kirby.......for some reason you remind of those :psycho:

As for the tournaments otakon has a FFA on friday and a Singles on saturday. Be warn that it is cap'd at 64 so you will have to wait in line for a spot but its free.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Go as pikachu or kirby.......for some reason you remind of those :psycho:

As for the tournaments otakon has a FFA on friday and a Singles on saturday. Be warn that it is cap'd at 64 so you will have to wait in line for a spot but its free.
I want to underline this cause you REALLY need to be there as early as possible. The line starts FAST.

Private_O_Malley

Smash Cadet
I just wish for once Anime Boston would do 1v1 tournaments for melee instead of its 64 person FFA setups

..although i did win a DS Lite that one year

D1

Banned via Administration
Anime Boston is happening in three weeks.

Hype? :D

ANIME F*CKIN BOSTON HYPE HYPE HYYYYPE!

I so can't wait for this.

I didn't even get a costume or anything...I'M TIGHT! >:O

I'm about to take the lazy man's way out and just blow a load on a pre-made costume...even tho thats the least cost efficient way to do it.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Don't know why Megacon wasn't mentioned.

It was REALLY fun.
Basically this thread is a come here and post your anime cons thread and omg who's coming. If it's not posted in here by someone, I may not know about it. I don't actively seek out conventions that are happening.

Hey guys could you make a list of the Anime Conventions that also have Smash tourneys at them???
Mostly all of them do. And most if not all of the websites for cons have a place on them that list out the tournies.

Seriously though, I need to update the front page ._. I'll work on it this week :D

And D1, buying a costume is fine for those last minute kinda things. It happens, so do eeeeet!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ANIME F*CKIN BOSTON HYPE HYPE HYYYYPE!

I so can't wait for this.

I didn't even get a costume or anything...I'M TIGHT! >:O

I'm about to take the lazy man's way out and just blow a load on a pre-made costume...even tho thats the least cost efficient way to do it.
eww what i tell you about obessing over blazblue

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
Maybe someone can help me out. My girlfriend really wants to go to an upcoming anime convention. I'm not sure what it's called. It's coming up very soon and is in the tristate area. How much are the tickets running for now and what the heck is the name of it? lol. I really want to surprise her with these tickets, but i've never been to an anime convention before and don't even know where to start :p

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Try animecons.com and look up cons in the area. I'm not sure which one you'd be looking for though...

TheLake

Smash Master
tekkoooo sho con!

PA con

in april

its 4 freakin days!

I <3 any fellow melee/anime lovers so get your tookusus over here

no johns

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I'll be going to the one in boston. Do I really need to get a costume I think I look enough out of place being a white nerd.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
Jun 18th, June 19th, June 20th

This will be the 3rd time Omnicon is hosted in the Rio Grande Valley. It is a 3 day event with 24 HOUR rooms. There will be Smash tournaments all three days and I believe they will all be organized and run by Magik, of Pokemon Trainer fame. This con will have all the normal good stuff. It would be awesome if any Texas players could make it and smash ;b

here is the website: http://www.omnicononline.com/

here is the myspace: http://www.myspace.com/omnicononline

Thank you :]

msg or pm me if you have any questions :]

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Hey cool guys, I added both Tekkoshocon and Omnicon to the front page and did some slight changes. I'll update more later. :bee:

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Anybody getting a hotel room for Anime Boston?

I haven't gotten one yet, but I get my paycheck on April 2nd so... yeah @_@

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I've had mine for some while. But it's full :(

I think the Sheraton is booked solid though. I heard some ppl are staying at the Marriott, not sure if they're booked full though.

I'm not sure if you've read any of my status msgs on facebook but I was thoroughly jerked around by the hotel -_-

EDIT: ironically a tweet popped up about this: http://forums.animeboston.com/showtopic.php?tid/10142/

BMX

Smash Lord
*facepalm*

I remember my friend sending his Shaq-Fu game to some website and had it obliterated.

That game made me cry, next to Dragon's Lair for the NES. >_>p

Shinku

Smash Champion
i like the ones were avgn does something that youd think be really good but turn out to be total disaster, or like he would say "**** it sucked major *** this diarrhea dog ****"

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
This was too awesome :laugh:

<333 List is too long but lots of <3333 to Crismas, Matt.zeb, Spawn and Arcnatural =D.

Was too fun I think my next one is gonna be Anime Expo in CA so anyone going to that?

Ghostype

Smash Champion
wtf Teczero, looking at your random Card Captor Sakura banner takes me back to that 4Kids dub. *posts ****ty lyrics*

The secrets of the clow
Were all a mystery
But when this mighty book was opened
The powers were set free
Cardcaptors!
A mystic adventure
Cardcaptors!
A quest for all time
Each card posseses a power all its own
We've got to find them to bring the power home
Wind, rain, shadow, wood,
Sword, thunder, power, sleep
Cardcaptors of the clow,
Expect the unexpected now
Cardcaptors!
A mystic adventure
Cardcaptors!
A quest for all time
Cardcaptors!
Cardcaptors!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm pretty sure Plank is just running the tournies at anime cons/hanging out, not so much going for the con itself. But I could be wrong :urg: Hey I know I did nothing but work all Anime Boston weekend sooo =/

Top Bottom