• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
This was originally the Otakon 08 thread. However I've decided to convert it over to a generic anime convention where everything for every con can be discussed, most of all about the tournaments that happen.

Recent as of March 2010
discussed in this thread

• OmniCon - June 18 -- 20
    • This will be the 3rd time Omnicon is hosted in the Rio Grande Valley. It is a 3 day event with 24 HOUR rooms. There will be Smash tournaments all three days and I believe they will all be organized and run by Magik, of Pokemon Trainer fame. This con will have all the normal good stuff. It would be awesome if any Texas players could make it and smash ;b

here is the website: http://www.omnicononline.com/

here is the myspace: http://www.myspace.com/omnicononline

Conventions

I can try to keep this updated as each convention happens. For a list, please see: http://www.animecons.com/

Popular Conventions

Past Threads/Conventions from '08

Brisbane Animania -- Sept 20th

Thread: http://smashboards.com./showthread.php?t=188735

New York Anime Festival -- Sept 26th - 28th

Convention link: http://www.nyanimefestival.com/

Please feel free to post up or PM me if you know of a convention you'd like posted up!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Otakon don't really care about the best player winner, so why wouldn't they use their laggy TVs for Brawl?

I mean, they have signups where you have to stand in line for over an hour (and not everyone wants to do that), and an items FFA tournament.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be there. Yea, last year the finals were skikvik vs Korn I believe on real laggy tvs, so skill does kinda transfer, but it's a joke anyway. That doesn't mean that otakon won't be a ****ing blast!!!

I'm going and I'm going to dominate the FFA's, Yuna Be my teammate on Teams.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going to be there. Yea, last year the finals were skikvik vs Korn I believe on real laggy tvs, so skill does kinda transfer, but it's a joke anyway. That doesn't mean that otakon won't be a ****ing blast!!!

Wait, they have teams now? I might go to Otakon for 2009 but not this year.

I was to the 2006 iteration, though. Took 2nd in FFA Items-On and 1st in Singles Items-Off (the only two Smash tournaments at that time).

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master

D: nope, its not lag..

and I'm going to Otakon every year lol

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Awesome. lol my friend Hoyo got third last year in 07, actually I think that was the first time I met Slikvik. I'm looking forward to this year uhh mainly because I get to roam free around the con, and I'm not confined to the artist alley for once XD

Lobos

Smash Master
I'll be there friday night and all of saturday hopefully.

Forte - you should come and bring your friend that was playing guitar for rockband at the c3 last month. Im pretty sure they do full rockband tournments there. With me on bass we would win that for sure, just need a singer....

Shinku

Smash Champion
i was going to make a otakon thread cuz i made one last year but oh well its all good

im going to otakon all 4 days, thursday to pick up my pre reg and im going to stay at bowser tress house if hes still cool with it lol. and im also cosplaying. what is it you ask? its not ryu but youll have to wait

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
:p sorry Shinku. I rarely make threads...ever, so I thought I'd make one this time haha. Next year it's yours?

Shinku

Smash Champion
:p sorry Shinku. I rarely make threads...ever, so I thought I'd make one this time haha. Next year it's yours?
LOL!!!! if im still here on the east coast, sure lol. but thanks for making the thread, i was debating on it but, i was gonna wait til it gets closer. man im so **** hyped for it though.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
no you werent I was korn.

look guys its all good to say we are going but lets do something with it. We can bring setups and have a smashfest in our hotel room or at the venue

D1
Hoyo
Me aka the great alex strife^^
YRB
JUMPMAN
Crismas

so lets do it come guys

PS my gf makes those awesome brawl/melee stickers that you guys can get for your controllers^_^

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm going, OffTheChain's going, and Dk Smash? And HAT maybe? Possibly? The people I'm housing are going too. I plan on not staying in the game room forever this time, and have no intention of entering a Brawl tournament.

blues

Smash Journeyman
^i'm with you btree instead of playing brawl, lets just walk around and just shrug at people all day

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Nacker will be attending this >.> game room was fun but accidentally going into the AMV contest was to pro and into the other rooms was to fun atleast this year i know where im going .... late night showings whos with me

shinku is going as a dickgirl from bible black just saying

10knackers

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Rofl im hoping i get to go maybe me and forte can plan something out hit me up on aim Forte and ima try and get boss to come too

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I've been going to Otakon since 05.

Oddly enough, it's the first place I saw a Peach float cancel off the edge and kill someone, which made me want to play her. XD

D

Deleted member

im always a crowd fav but that was w/melee i dunno about brawl lol

but ill still b in all the tournies most def

EDIT: im going as captain falcon

Lobos

Smash Master
Sorry to be n00bish sounding, but where is this at and is there any fees?
Go to the otakon site, just Google it.

Good **** NY, I really didn't get to play you guys at CH3.

Also if there is a brawl tournament I'm entering it and winning.

One last thing if anyone from smashboards dresses up, let me know so I can post pics and stuff. In fact, let your self be known and I'll try to get a pic with everyone from smashboards in one big picture.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
I would love to dress up! But no money for the costume. Pit or Sora, FTW! If anyone dresses as Cpt. Falcon, they win. No argument.

Top Bottom