• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Jeez, that's pretty lame for a payout, considering you had to pay $75 to get in to Otakon in the first place...

But regardless, now I'm a bit depressed I didn't go now. I'm not saying you're free, korn, but a lack of OMGWTFAMAZING players defo. would've made things more interesting, for sure.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
it was a free entry tournament...i mean really >_< why would u ***** when otakon is about having fun at a anime convention not going HAM in tournament ><

M@v

Subarashii!
A lot of my friends from Penn state went there. They look a bunch of pictures and it looked really fun.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
it was a free entry tournament...i mean really >_< why would u ***** when otakon is about having fun at a anime convention not going HAM in tournament ><
I second this.

Not only that, but "prizes" are usually much MUCH lamer in the past (like small giveaways of a DVD or equivalent). The fact that they gave a gift card this time around is pretty sweet. They also give you a nice trophy.

Shinku

Smash Champion
yo screw dat joint yo. its all about the bejamins and getting that bread at tourneys yo. robbing those anime kids with there dims and nickles and smashing em yo, fo real

how do you like dem apples cris?

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Jeez, that's pretty lame for a payout, considering you had to pay $75 to get in to Otakon in the first place...

But regardless, now I'm a bit depressed I didn't go now. I'm not saying you're free, korn, but a lack of OMGWTFAMAZING players defo. would've made things more interesting, for sure.

once again, as I said in the other Otakon's thread..

lol @ too big..
yeah, if you only wanted to go just for Brawl tournament....

lmo
Otakon is place to hang out and have fun..

lol..

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I'm just saying the entry/payout reward is sooo skewed lol, it just seemed a bit strange is all.

I'm completely aware one shouldn't go to Otakon solely for the Brawl tournaments, because there's a crapton more to do there. That such crapton of stuff being a lot of incentive for me to actually come next year around! Keep an eye out for me next year, alright?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
The difference is that $75 isnt going toward a tournament or a pot. It's going toward the con and everything else in the con in general. It's a free tourny within the con so you can't expect much.

Also, shoutouts to GH Neko for smuggling in a Project M set-up haha.

Top Bottom