• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Photoshop or GIMP needs to be used essentially. Both allow you very custom editing and allow you to restrict the number of colors and compress it effectively. I personally use GIMP because I don't pirate, its almost as good, and its free.

EDIT: And Octix, its likely the code you have. Try using a different texture. What texture are you using? I recommend trying out purple Marth or something.
thats the thing.
I have like 20+ textures on

CFx3
Kirbyx2
Lucariox3
Marthx2
Ganondorfx3
Luigix2
Mariox2
Lucasx4
MKx4
Pikachux4

I thought there was no limit on textures?

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
Can someone Give me link to the PAC Files for the Stages I have the PAC's for the Characters but not the stages I don't have an ISO and I really want to make some stage Hacks

Haunted

Smash Cadet
I've recently tried to texture hack a majority of the characters and I have encountered a problem. The .Pac files seem to always freeze my game. I downloaded "ZombieWario.Pac" from Stack Smash, and saved both files to my Wario folder. The texture shows, but within one minute, the game ends up freezing. It's not only Wario, either. I've noticed that the game freezes when I try to play Pokemon Trainer, and Samus/Zero Suit Samus.

Additionally, I also have problems loading some .Pcs files for certain characters, namely Luigi, Mario, and Snake. Am I doing anything incorrectly, or is it the files that are corrupt?

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
I've recently tried to texture hack a majority of the characters and I have encountered a problem. The .Pac files seem to always freeze my game. I downloaded "ZombieWario.Pac" from Stack Smash, and saved both files to my Wario folder. The texture shows, but within one minute, the game ends up freezing. It's not only Wario, either. I've noticed that the game freezes when I try to play Pokemon Trainer, and Samus/Zero Suit Samus.

Additionally, I also have problems loading some .Pcs files for certain characters, namely Luigi, Mario, and Snake. Am I doing anything incorrectly, or is it the files that are corrupt?
You need both the .pac and .pcs file for those characters. I think that's the reason why its reason its freezing?

Haunted

Smash Cadet
I have both files.

When there was only a .Pac file for a certain character, the texture hack wouldn't work at all.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, .pac are for solo modes while .pcs are for vs mode (unless it is a transforming character, in which you need both of them).

You might have a corrupt texture, or something related to the codes.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Try generating the pac files yourself. That's what I do from now on, after having Zelda pacs that froze on me during transformation.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
There needs to be hacks for Game&Watch.
There's currently no good way to do that. He only has one .pac and .pcs which contain no textures. As of now we don't know where the color data for his costumes is stored.

The only way to texture G&W at the moment is to edit his SSE texture and replace his normale pcs with it, but that in return replaces all of his costumes with the one you edited.

Sukai

Smash Champion
There's currently no good way to do that. He only has one .pac and .pcs which contain no textures. As of now we don't know where the color data for his costumes is stored.

The only way to texture G&W at the moment is to edit his SSE texture and replace his normale pcs with it, but that in return replaces all of his costumes with the one you edited.
I had to read this 3 or 4 times to understand it.
I see now. Sucks.

Cyberdude333

Smash Rookie
help

Code manager is the code manager, GeckOS is the application that runs the thing, and .gtc is the code file that has all the codes in it.
do i have to call them certain things so they load on the sd card cause if they do i dont know what or does it not matter

Sukai

Smash Champion
do i have to call them certain things so they load on the sd card cause if they do i dont know what or does it not matter
It shouldn't, the individual codes put in the gct. don't need a precise name, they just serve as an indicator to what code you put in, so in case you don't put in codes more than once.
You know, to archive your codes.
However the gct. file must be named RSBE01, it's not really case sensitive though.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
It shouldn't, the individual codes put in the gct. don't need a precise name, they just serve as an indicator to what code you put in, so in case you don't put in codes more than once.
You know, to archive your codes.
However the gct. file must be named RSBE01, it's not really case sensitive though.
Geckos should be properly named or at least put in the proper place as well.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
How would I reverse csp?

I extracted the original common5.pac, and got the original pink captain falcon csp I wanted.

Then I went to GIMP, added a 255 0 255 magenta background and used the magic wand to delete the white parts, made it 72 colors, then saved it back as .tga.

Then I placed it back into the newfiles, and ran step 2. But it says its not valid csps file :|

illinialex24

Smash Hero
How would I reverse csp?

I extracted the original common5.pac, and got the original pink captain falcon csp I wanted.

Then I went to GIMP, added a 255 0 255 magenta background and used the magic wand to delete the white parts, made it 72 colors, then saved it back as .tga.

Then I placed it back into the newfiles, and ran step 2. But it says its not valid csps file :|
Did you name it properly???

Sukai

Smash Champion
Oh yeah I'm not actually sure on that. I think you might have to .iso hack.
I highly advise against custom songs or swaps, unless you NEVER play on wifi.
From what I've seen, it writes over your data, so swapped songs will play regardless of launch method.
Now custom songs sound far more heavy to clean up.
There isn't a proven method yet, but there are alot of theories going around, and each one requires iso hacking.

In anycase, I doubt such a topic is allowed here (in this thread).

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
This is a silly question, but will this desync online play? I know that no one will see the color change unless they have the codes, but will it also desync online play as well if I use them?

Starscream

Smash Ace
So I just downloaded a bunch of textures from Stack Smash but the .pac files for Samus/ZSS, PT, and Bowser textures aren't included with them. How do I get them?

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
This is a silly question, but will this desync online play? I know that no one will see the color change unless they have the codes, but will it also desync online play as well if I use them?
No, it will not. Your opponent will not see the colors, only you will.

So I just downloaded a bunch of textures from Stack Smash but the .pac files for Samus/ZSS, PT, and Bowser textures aren't included with them. How do I get them?
Use CSPs tools, drag into the .pcs into lz77ex, and it should produce a .pac.

Can I have multiple texture hacks for each character on my SD card at once? I apologize if this has already been asked/answered.
Yes, you can replace any existing costume, but not add any.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Can I have multiple texture hacks for each character on my SD card at once? I apologize if this has already been asked/answered.
Yep, you just have to put them under different colors. For example, let's use Lucario (whom I use several textures for). Let's say I want the Jackal texture to replace his original coloring. I rename the file (in the appropriate folder) FitLucario00.pac. Now, only choosing his original color will cause him to use this texture. So, if I named another file FitLucario01.pac or FitLucario02.pac, it would replace the corresponding color in the game. Just read the first post, it explains how to name all of the files and which colors they will be replacing.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I highly advise against custom songs or swaps, unless you NEVER play on wifi.
Doesnt matter at all, wifi has no effect on your musi.
I played airman ga taosenai and project chaos without ever de-synching.

Now custom songs sound far more heavy to clean up.
There isn't a proven method yet, but there are alot of theories going around, and each one requires iso hacking.[/quoe]
Theories=/=not proven.
The only way to have a custom snog in brawl is to burn an ISO with the track similar to how we used t replace textures without the recent code from Phantom Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom