• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I dunno I've been trying 200 colors last couple portaits with no problems. Guess it depends how big it is or detailed.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I downloaded Masterlinks CSP and they are showing up only in the results screen and my textures are working fine. I also want my CSS to be the current tier list, anyone have the codes for that?

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
From http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226010
Tier List Order:

0668310C 00000040
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800020 2C050029
40A10008 38A00028
94A30004 3B7B0001
2C1B0032 4180FFDC
48000028 60000000
04690338 48000068
066900d8 00000008
2c170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000028
1626131F 12111A15
22201808 06011004
24170D25 090E0C07
0F210019 0B03271C
1D1E0502 230A1429

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
I feel like I'm posting here entirely too often, but... More CSP problems. Everything is working great, except for the HUD. The character_small files are in newfiles, 48x56, 3.41 KB, indexed and palleted perfectly, but for some odd reason, nothing is created when I run Step2.bat. Like I said, everything else is running perfectly, but nothing appears in the new info folder that's created. This is the only hurdle I have left before having perfected inputting textures, please throw me a bone! XD

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I feel like I'm posting here entirely too often, but... More CSP problems. Everything is working great, except for the HUD. The character_small files are in newfiles, 48x56, 3.41 KB, indexed and palleted perfectly, but for some odd reason, nothing is created when I run Step2.bat. Like I said, everything else is running perfectly, but nothing appears in the new info folder that's created. This is the only hurdle I have left before having perfected inputting textures, please throw me a bone! XD
Small character CSP's do not work without iso hacking. Learned that the hard way.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Is there any way to create your own textures without getting the ISO? I'd get it, but my computer is 9 yrs. old now. It still runs just as well as new (a real pain to keep it that way), but the hard drive space just can't handle a file of that size. I have the .tga files, but ASH refuses to run step 2 because I didn't run step 1. Can somebody help me out here (feel free to PM)?

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
I downloaded Masterlinks CSP and they are showing up only in the results screen and my textures are working fine. I also want my CSS to be the current tier list, anyone have the codes for that?
You need Dynamic SD Loader 1.1

Speaking of that, I found a glitch the other day as Zero Suit Samus.
I started out as my texture and got a smash ball and got the powersuit, the next time I got the smash ball I turned back to Zero Suit Samus and the texture wasn't there.
This also happened to other characters I have that transform, like Warioman and sometimes Zelda (yes I have the pac files for them).
I think this could be something with the SD, because I saw a video of Wario turning into Warioman and he had the texture he was given (this was burned on a disc).

Finns7

Smash Ace
Who ever can walk me through CSS custom CSP's (not custom made by me but downloaded or something) will win life? Can someone help me, I have CUPASH what do I do next?

Finns7

Smash Ace
No Im talking when I go to cpu ash with the csp I just downloaded I get a tga file. I go to cupash or w/e then Im lost

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Is there any way to create your own textures without getting the ISO? I'd get it, but my computer is 9 yrs. old now. It still runs just as well as new (a real pain to keep it that way), but the hard drive space just can't handle a file of that size. I have the .tga files, but ASH refuses to run step 2 because I didn't run step 1. Can somebody help me out here (feel free to PM)?
Yeah, someone can send you the pre-extracted files. Ask someone to get all the stuff for you with the ASH and stuff by pre-extraction. It works.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You need Dynamic SD Loader 1.1

Speaking of that, I found a glitch the other day as Zero Suit Samus.
I started out as my texture and got a smash ball and got the powersuit, the next time I got the smash ball I turned back to Zero Suit Samus and the texture wasn't there.
This also happened to other characters I have that transform, like Warioman and sometimes Zelda (yes I have the pac files for them).
I think this could be something with the SD, because I saw a video of Wario turning into Warioman and he had the texture he was given (this was burned on a disc).
That's no glitch, that's just you not having the .pac files for the transforming characters.

polyopulis

Smash Cadet
im kinda clueless... will the code in the OP allow me to have the textures and allow me to have more than 256 lines of code? are the two even related (as in file name and location) :dizzy:

i have looked at all the major posts (the extra lines post is actually quite obscure) and didn't find anything on this.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You have to run step 1 before running step 2. It doesn't matter if your hard drive is almost filled up. You can't execute step 2 without completing step 1.

You need to find the ".pac" file you want to store your textures in.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
You have to run step 1 before running step 2. It doesn't matter if your hard drive is almost filled up. You can't execute step 2 without completing step 1.

You need to find the ".pac" file you want to store your textures in.
Right what he's asking is where can he get the files. I can personally give you some with the .pac files but you essentially need ASH and all the .pac's.

Cyberdude333

Smash Rookie
code manager

what do i call the code manager and gecko os files and what do i call the .gtc file or watever the code thing is

Uncreative Creature

Smash Rookie
You can simply do it this way:
- Download the .pcs of a modified texture of that fighter
- Convert it to .pac using Lz77ex
- Run step1 on that .pac
- Replace the created .tga files with the one you modified yourself
- Run step2

I did it the same way the first time, it works.

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
Small character CSP's do not work without iso hacking. Learned that the hard way.
Okay, thanks.

Also, is it absolutely necessary to disable custom stages? To be honest, I've put some hard work into some, and it kills me to not use 'em. I'm under the impression that I'd avoid freezing for the most part if I simply waited a few seconds in the CSS?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Okay, thanks.

Also, is it absolutely necessary to disable custom stages? To be honest, I've put some hard work into some, and it kills me to not use 'em. I'm under the impression that I'd avoid freezing for the most part if I simply waited a few seconds in the CSS?
Yes it is absolutely necessary. I am sorry but I think I know a workaround if you want to be able to post videos with custom stages and texture hacks.

Just play normally with the characters who would be texture hacked on custom stages. Then, with texture hacks on, play the replay.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
my zelda and sheik textures are kind of bugged. zelda works, sheik works, but when i transform the game freezes. I recently downgraded my wii to V3.2, so that might help, but it also could have been that both textures are red. any help?

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
how do you edit your own textures? im pretty sure its in the posts somewhere, but it's not on the first page, and im not looking through 72 pages of posts.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
I downloaded MLX's pf file and I'm wondering how to reverse the csps back to their original pictures?

I tried extracting an original common5 and placing the Pink Captain Falcon back into the newfiles but it didn't work :[

illinialex24

Smash Hero
how do you edit your own textures? im pretty sure its in the posts somewhere, but it's not on the first page, and im not looking through 72 pages of posts.
When you output it just keep the .pac in the same folder and then re-open it.

DeadX, I can send you the stuff. There's a whole bunch of folders name ASH that allow you to edit textures through .pac files. And this makes .pcs and .pac, and there's also a .pcs to .pac converter.

I downloaded MLX's pf file and I'm wondering how to reverse the csps back to their original pictures?

I tried extracting an original common5 and placing the Pink Captain Falcon back into the newfiles but it didn't work :[
I think you also need the .bress's

Put those in the folder as well.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
When you output it just keep the .pac in the same folder and then re-open it.

DeadX, I can send you the stuff. There's a whole bunch of folders name ASH that allow you to edit textures through .pac files. And this makes .pcs and .pac, and there's also a .pcs to .pac converter.
that'll work

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Where would I find the .bress's? When I use step2 when placing the original CF (which I got when you used step1 and extracted them into a templates file), it said it not a valid texture file or something?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Where would I find the .bress's? When I use step2 when placing the original CF (which I got when you used step1 and extracted them into a templates file), it said it not a valid texture file or something?
Its because its got too many total colors and doesnt have a background. You should color the background:
Red: 255
Green: 0
Blue: 255

And then compress it to 72 colors. Get the free picture editing program gimp to do so.

And wait nevermind. You just need common5.pac Make sure it isn't named common5_en.pac

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Okay, just added textures to my game for the first time. Needless to say, it's epic. I'm sure what I'm about to ask will sound very noobish given my inexperience in this, but how exactly do you get the textures to show up on the character select screen when you pick different costumes? Right now it's just showing the default costumes there and then loading the textures when the game starts. I've seen YouTube Videos that show otherwise, or have I been had by adobe Frodoshop experts that change the pixelz on internet videos to fool me

Saltix

Smash Lord
EDIT:I apologize now for posting the same thing twice, but I'm trying to get things fixed before I head to a smashfest tonight.

Does the F for fit need to be capitalized?
And also, I'm experiencing freezing issues.

4 Freezes so far.
1 On CSS after taking a while to choose a character
1 on CSS after choosing my color
One picking FD after all characters in match had been chosen
One picking FD after two characters had been chosen.

Should I use the v1.1 instead?

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
EDIT:I apologize now for posting the same thing twice, but I'm trying to get things fixed before I head to a smashfest tonight.

Does the F for fit need to be capitalized?
And also, I'm experiencing freezing issues.

4 Freezes so far.
1 On CSS after taking a while to choose a character
1 on CSS after choosing my color
One picking FD after all characters in match had been chosen
One picking FD after two characters had been chosen.

Should I use the v1.1 instead?
No, it is not case sensitive.

Also, it might be a problem with your textures. Try to use the most updated codes File Replacement (v1.3) and using the SD Loader (v1.1), with Disable Custom Stages (v1.1) and see if it solves it first though.

Also, alex, any chance its possible to use Adobe Photoshop CS3 to do it? o.o

Saltix

Smash Lord
No, it is not case sensitive.

Also, it might be a problem with your textures. Try to use the most updated codes File Replacement (v1.3) and using the SD Loader (v1.1), with Disable Custom Stages (v1.1) and see if it solves it first though.

Also, alex, any chance its possible to use Adobe Photoshop CS3 to do it? o.o
Thats probably the problem:
where do I get SD loader V 1.1???

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Photoshop or GIMP needs to be used essentially. Both allow you very custom editing and allow you to restrict the number of colors and compress it effectively. I personally use GIMP because I don't pirate, its almost as good, and its free.

EDIT: And Octix, its likely the code you have. Try using a different texture. What texture are you using? I recommend trying out purple Marth or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom