• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Wouldn't it make more sense to have brstm files in that folder unless....

It's a trap.

I'll investigate in the morning.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
On the Stack Smash website. Where do you actually go to DOWNLOAD the texture files? I can see the pictures of the textures they have created by going to "The Roster" but where do I download the files?

auroreon

Smash Ace
The custom select portraits in that download aren't working for me. I can see the portraits in the results screen, but not in the select character menu. (Also, the textures work).
Are you using Dynamic SD loader V1.1?

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
To anyone who's using that file, The CSP's work fine.

You might of did something wrong...

Or...another possibility, im not sure?

MAKE SURE YOU USE THESE CODES THAT APPLY TO YOUR VERSION;

File Replacement v1.3: [Phantom Wings]
Disable Custom Stages v1.1:
Dynamic SD Loader: v1.1[Phantom Wings]
SD Files:

Make sure you have the RIGHT VERSION of the code.

*NTSC-US Codes*
http://board.gscentral.org/showpost.php?p=142624&postcount=3
*PAL Codes*
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7027430&postcount=836
*JPN Codes*
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7047319&postcount=970

If said above still didn't help...
...Are you guys using PAL, or JPN versions of brawl?

If you are, it might be the Common5 file only works on the NTSC version of Brawl.
That's the file that is loaded at the very beginning of brawl start-up, and that contains the CSP's.

If you ARE using the NTSC version, then you have to be doing something wrong.
And can anyone confirm if the CSP's on my Download show up on PAL/JPN versions of Brawl.
I have the exact same problem as the other two. The character selection screen is just as regular Brawl. The texture works fine, and in the result screen the CPS appears too.

I have the correct codeset, and my Brawl is the NTSC version too. What I did was replacing the old folder with the new one. I left it unchanged, so check it out and see if there's a problem.

Edit: I think I found the main problem. This is missing from the rar file:

X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\info\portrite\InfFace## #.brres

So yeah... it would be much appreciated if you could upload those for us. Thanks in advance. :)

Edit 2: Wait, that doesn't have anything to do with the problem at all... =\

Edit 3: I redid the code file and now it works. Nvm all that lol.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed. The music code is an April Fools joke, the code is exactly the same as my original file replacement code. (besides, I highly doubt there is anyone out there who can top me with my own code:laugh:)

Lol, the code wouldn't even work normally if you used it alone. You would need the SD files code as well.:chuckle:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Confirmed. The music code is an April Fools joke, the code is exactly the same as my original file replacement code. (besides, I highly doubt there is anyone out there who can top me with my own code:laugh:)

Lol, the code wouldn't even work normally if you used it alone. You would need the SD files code as well.:chuckle:
lol. I actually got PW to disconfirm. I'm surprised ppl were still even considering it.

clearly you just didn't test it right. It's really just file replacement 1.1 by PW ported by me for the day.
As i posted that it was a hoax a page back.

Also, i think I did specify that it required the supporting codes in the post where I originally posted.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I usually don't post shots of individual textures that look really good, but WOW, Smash Stack is just win.

That was once Marth LOL.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Ok when I download someones CSP, I got to cupash or w/e and extract...........then what?????

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
ok I am currently having problems making my .tcs files into .tpl files... I am following Pharrox guide. It tells me at one point to do the command prompt thing but it wouldn't work at all.I've even tried changing my textures but still no go.. If someone tell me what I can do it will be great.Thanks in advance...

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
For anyone having trouble
(apologies if this has been stated already)

I tried this many times with no luck because I was trying to replace the second or third costume for each character. When I finally decided to try replacing the default color, it started working. I only had one texture in the character folder, and for some reason 01 and up would not work, but 00 would. I don't know if this is how it's supposed to work, but perhaps you need to have 00 before you can have 01 and so on.

At any rate, if your having trouble, make sure you test replacing the default color first, especially if your only using one texture for the character. I haven't even tried multiple textures for one character yet, so I don't know how that changes things as far as numbering goes.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
k thanks for that but still not working.. I did rename the first one to 00 and up but still didn't work. And what do you mean by "replacing the default color first" and I am using 4 textures.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
k thanks for that but still not working.. I did rename the first one to 00 and up but still didn't work. And what do you mean by "replacing the default color first" and I am using 4 textures.
I simply mean start from 00 before 01, but you tried that.

To ensure that your folders are named correctly, save a snapshot to your SD card and see if it pops up next to your "pf" folder, but in one named "al"

Other than that, just make sure your gct is correct (file replacement, disable custom, dynamic SD, and "SD files" codes all present)

If you get the textures working, keep in mind you can take out your SD card, add some new textures, and put it back in without leaving the game. That way you can test many textures with little hassle.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
no no no. Thats not what I mean. Like I made my textures on the comp and right now they are in .tcs format. And in pharrox guide, he told us to do something in cmd prompt with TexConv but it wouldn't even read my .tcs files which are my textures. I need to transfer them to .tpl so I can continue onto making them into .pac/.pcs format so I can play them in brawl... But right now I can't make them into .tpl... =(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
SSE Emerald G&W actually has textures, so you can edit it for that costume.

For example -

DL link - http://www.willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=60653

A sloppy WIP but gives you the idea that lazy alternatives exist. Thanks to spunit262 and his curiosity. =P

Huh, that's pretty cool. What do the textures look like pre-played? Is it just a small square of colour, or is it something that you could theoretically expand on? (IE, I don't know, put a small grimer on his head? :p)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

I tried this many times with no luck because I was trying to replace the second or third costume for each character. When I finally decided to try replacing the default color, it started working. I only had one texture in the character folder, and for some reason 01 and up would not work, but 00 would. I don't know if this is how it's supposed to work, but perhaps you need to have 00 before you can have 01 and so on.

At any rate, if your having trouble, make sure you test replacing the default color first, especially if your only using one texture for the character. I haven't even tried multiple textures for one character yet, so I don't know how that changes things as far as numbering goes.
That's not necessary. I've been replacing textures out of order or only changing one or two of the alternate costumes and they've all worked fine regardless of number. I haven't even touched most of the default colors. You must be doing something else wrong.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Huh, that's pretty cool. What do the textures look like pre-played? Is it just a small square of colour, or is it something that you could theoretically expand on? (IE, I don't know, put a small grimer on his head? :p)

These are his emerald textures, the second one is a mask for the glowing effects, but only works when it used as a emerald texture, else it's just white. And this texture is used for all his body parts (Head, nose, body, arms. legs. hands, thumbs and feet).

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
Character Portrait trouble.
Could someone that has Adobe photoshop cs4, please help me with setting up palettes?
I tried to index it and it just ruins the portrait.
I used a different method to palette, ran it in cupash, and it said that the palettes were 0ver 240.
Oh, and can Someone please tell me how I can set the palettes to be 72?

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
After testing textures on wifi, it appears as if ANY character that has transformations will disconnect the Wifi fight shortly or immediately after transforming. PT was instant for me, while Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS would disconnect about 5-10 seconds after trasnforming. I had the Robotnic Wario costume on Wario and that dysnced the fight, with no transformation, so I'm not 100% sure on the reasons for any of these. Just informing of texture problems on Wifi and if anyone is looking for a solution. It could very well be any of the special pac required characters, but unsure. I didn't test Bowser yet.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace

I'm guessing the issue you're having is an assumption that all the costumes are numbered normally. If you look at the numbering chart, quite a few characters go 00-02-03 or 00-01-03 or something like that. Double check your numbering with the numbers provided.

Character Portrait trouble.
Could someone that has Adobe photoshop cs4, please help me with setting up palettes?
I tried to index it and it just ruins the portrait.
I used a different method to palette, ran it in cupash, and it said that the palettes were 0ver 240.
Oh, and can Someone please tell me how I can set the palettes to be 72?
I don't have CS4, but on 7 it works like this:
1) open your image to be paletted
2) Image > Mode > Indexed Color...
3) In the Palette box choose Local (Perceptual) (NOTE: that's just what I use. You could use other ones)
4) in the Colors box change it to 72 and you're done! Unless...
5) If you have the texture on a transparent background...
6) Make sure the Transparency box is checked
7) Hit OK and go to Image > Mode > Color Table
8) Select the transparency box on the popup and change it to the purple color you need (FF00FF is I remember correctly)

Done! Also, you should expect the image to lose some color and look worse. That's just how coloring works. Don't worry too much, though, as they look MUCH better in the game. And finally, you might need to make the number of colors less than 72 in some cases, in which you should just change the image to RBY (or whatever) color and restart the process but with a lower number.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
After testing textures on wifi, it appears as if ANY character that has transformations will disconnect the Wifi fight shortly or immediately after transforming. PT was instant for me, while Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS would disconnect about 5-10 seconds after trasnforming. I had the Robotnic Wario costume on Wario and that dysnced the fight, with no transformation, so I'm not 100% sure on the reasons for any of these. Just informing of texture problems on Wifi and if anyone is looking for a solution. It could very well be any of the special pac required characters, but unsure. I didn't test Bowser yet.
It's probably because the pac are loaded mid battle and the pcs aren't. Just make sure the they have the same textures you do and it should be fine.

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
I can't do a single thing here without a problem...

Trying to make CSPs, as far as I can tell, I'm following TheEnigmaLiesBroken's guide to a T, but when I run it in Step2.bat, it says that the image has "erroneous colors."

HEEELP?!

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
It's probably because the pac are loaded mid battle and the pcs aren't. Just make sure the they have the same textures you do and it should be fine.
That would make playing on wifi entirely pointless. What are the chances of others having the same textures or even textures at all?

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
I don't have CS4, but on 7 it works like this:
1) open your image to be paletted
2) Image > Mode > Indexed Color...
3) In the Palette box choose Local (Perceptual) (NOTE: that's just what I use. You could use other ones)
4) in the Colors box change it to 72 and you're done! Unless...
5) If you have the texture on a transparent background...
6) Make sure the Transparency box is checked
7) Hit OK and go to Image > Mode > Color Table
8) Select the transparency box on the popup and change it to the purple color you need (FF00FF is I remember correctly)

Done! Also, you should expect the image to lose some color and look worse. That's just how coloring works. Don't worry too much, though, as they look MUCH better in the game. And finally, you might need to make the number of colors less than 72 in some cases, in which you should just change the image to RBY (or whatever) color and restart the process but with a lower number.
Thanks! I'll try this now.

Edit:
It says "unsupported palette bit depth in file"
I have no idea what that mean nor why I'm getting that.
I also made sure the palette for the image was 71 and I added magenta.

Edit 2:
Nvm... I finally got it to work.
Thanks a bunch.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I'm guessing the issue you're having is an assumption that all the costumes are numbered normally. If you look at the numbering chart, quite a few characters go 00-02-03 or 00-01-03 or something like that. Double check your numbering with the numbers provided.
I realized that the other day. At any rate, things are working pretty well now so that was probably the problem.

On another note, I can't get two of the Bowser textures off of Stack Smash to work. I've been looking for Dry Bowser, but there's no link with the picture on Kitty Corp. Anyone got Dry Bowser?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's some small advice when making character portraits.

1: When making big portraits, reduce the maximum number of colors to 71.
2: When making small portraits, reduce the maximum number of colors to at least 30.

I've noticed that when you do step 2, the step will end up quitting before it's finished if the small portraits have too many colors stored on them.

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
Okay, all my portraits are working except for Kirby's. It's giving the "too many colors" message. I've checked and double checked, and it's been set at 72 colors. I've gone down to 65, and still no progress. Do Kirby's portraits stray from the normal color count??

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Okay, all my portraits are working except for Kirby's. It's giving the "too many colors" message. I've checked and double checked, and it's been set at 72 colors. I've gone down to 65, and still no progress. Do Kirby's portraits stray from the normal color count??
Try 32, 31, 26, 24, 16, 12, 8, 4, 2 and 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom