• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Server Move Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
Please report problems with the server move here. Several of you have said that you still are getting the old SmashBoards page with the metaknight and closed boards, and that you can only access smashboards via a proxy server.

Please only post here if you are CURRENTYLY still having problems, NOT if you had them in the past.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Several of you have said that you still are getting the old SmashBoards page with the metaknight and closed boards, and that you can only access smashboards via a proxy server.
My exact problem.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
I've cleared my cache, authenticated sessions, closed/restarted browser, turned off/restarted computer, even tried on different computers. I can go to www.smashboards.com with a direct connection, I'll get meta knight and the "board is down" message, then switch to proxy, refresh and I'll get Bowser and the boards.

The only thing I haven't cleared are my cookies, I can try that if you suggest it though. ANYTHING to not have to use these freaking unreliable proxies. I have to restart my browser multiple times because of such an unreliable connection with proxies and hope something will post, like with this post...

FalseFalco

Smash Master
^^Exact problem I have.

I'm hoping it will hiccup. I don't think it's my browser as I've tried a few with the same result.

The fact that I can log on from a library computer and through proxies makes me think my IP is being rejected in some manner.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
Alright, here's the deal then. I think your ISP has cached DNS information, and so it can take up to a week or more for the DNS to update.

So my only solution is to wait this thing out, and if you STILL have problems after another week then I'll have to figure something out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if this is just me, but I can't get to the "edit your signature" page. It's down for me, for some odd reason.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I can't read any of my PMs. If I click on them, nothing happens, and if I try to open in a different window, or copy-paste the URL somewhere else, it brings up an Untitled window.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Alright, here's the deal then. I think your ISP has cached DNS information, and so it can take up to a week or more for the DNS to update.

So my only solution is to wait this thing out, and if you STILL have problems after another week then I'll have to figure something out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Yes I think that is the problem. I tried flushing my DNS cache just in case but that didn't work. Then I found great explanation.

"The cache of every DNS server is deleted periodically. The length of time between purges is different for everyone though most hosts/ISPs clear DNS cache every 7 to 10 days (some more frequently some less frequently). This means that if your domain is moved or transferred it may take up to 10 days for everyone on the Internet to see the changes. We have no control over how ISP's cache DNS information."

Sounds like exactly what's happening. So we'll wait until June 11/12 and see...

It's probably just who I talk to, but it seems to be the Canadians that can't get on the boards lol.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I wonder if this is just me, but I can't get to the "edit your signature" page. It's down for me, for some odd reason.
Me neither. Additionally, the following do not work from my Control Panel:

• List Subscriptions
• Edit Folders
• Event Reminders
• Premium Membership

The other links work fine. Anyone I've talked to is also currently unable to edit posts or read PMs.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I have the same issue with reading PMs. This morning I was able to just fine but now I can't. Also, a few members have brought up that they can't vote on polls in my "Your Controller" thread.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
In my User CP, it shows some of my subscribed threads, however, when I click on the "view all subscribe threads" link it comes up as a totally white page.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gid, I can't seem to change my current avatar into a custom avatar. Everytime I try to upload one from my PC, or I try to upload one from my photobucket, and I click on 'Save changes', I get a blank white screen and nothing happens. I've tried to upload one several times now, but no results.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I was just going to say that also. I cannot edit and when I tried to post a thread in the Forum Disputes, a blank screen came up.

Looks like you got your work cut out for you. :p

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I cant edit

I cant vote

I cant post a thread

I cant send a PM

I also have a post thats against the rules (image quoted was too large + attached sig) and I want to delete it before getting another infraction because im very close to being banned.

But I cant :( :(

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Can't:
- Edit Post
- Do Anything Related to PMs
- Start New Topics
- Edit My Signature
- Can't Vote

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
--No Subscriptions
--No sig Edit
--No post edit.

YAY! An excuse to double post!!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea Im having these problems as well. so is my Girlfriend but now she cant even log into the boards, yet alone enter the site.....wierd, whats up with the servers

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Also.... when clicking Gimpy's sig link to SmashWiki, nothing. When trying any other way to get into SmashWiki.... nothing.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Ok, this is weird. It says in the information next to the Wii topic at the Light House that ChRed2ACrisp (or whatever hs name is) made the latest post at 7:54 PM. When I click on the topic, I can't see his post at all. The last post was made by XZeroBeatX at 7:24.

*It is now 8:12 PM Pacific time

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Here is another thing I noticed. and im not sure if you guys took it out yourselfs. But at the bottom of each forum it is suppose to show all thepeople that are in that section. It does not show that anymore. only on the main page of the site it shows it, but in other areas through out the site it does not show. now is this a cause of the server problem or did you guys do it yourselfs

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
OMG I CANT MAKE A THRED WHAT DO ID DO WHAT DO I WOD!?

Seriously. Meh. If the forums go down, I call the username "sephirothken". I will be reborn as the GOD OF SMASH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom