• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Server Move Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
Hey i dont know if this is the right place to post this but w/e:

I cant really do anything, i cant vote in polls, i cant make a new topic, cant edit my sig, ect
all i can do is reply.... anybody no wats wrong?

Also ive tried the following to fix it:
restart my comp, restart my browser, try a different browser, ect

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
and i cant edit my posts, and now i see this is the right place to post and everyone has this problem also, wonder wats wrong...:confused::confused::confused::urg::urg::urg::(:(:(:(:(

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
Wow, my stay here was pretty short lived. Maybe it was just me, actually.

Meh.

How frustrating. We always have 4chan however!

Shadow Wolf TJC

Smash Rookie
I'm glad that I'm not the only one with these problems, so here's my list:

I can't access F-Zero World
I can't make a new topic
I can only make new posts by using the "Quick Reply" button

I might not be able to edit any of my posts as well, so don't blame me if I have no choice but to make a double-post.

Skywalker

Space Jump
-When I log out or log in I get an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" page.
-Also, the search function does not work for guests. I got this weird vB Code message and a forum error.

Hope that helps. :)

Shadow Wolf TJC

Smash Rookie
Skywalker said:
-When I log out or log in I get an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" page.
I get the same thing whenever I try to do what I previously mentioned.

Anyways, it looks like certain links to F-Zero World are still accessible, like the music tracks. I typed in an address like http://www.smashboards.com/fzero/music/biorex.mp3 and took out the /biorex.mp3 to see if I could get that page that lists the music tracks for F-Zero GX and got this page instead: http://www.smashboards.com/fzero/music. However, I didn't expect that page to pop up; I expected to see the F-Zero World page instead.

Oh and if anyone's wondering why I wanted to view the F-Zero World page in the 1st place, it's so that I could play my copy of Diddy Kong Racing DS online with those music tracks in place instead of my game's.

ecstatic

Smash Journeyman
Within 8,000 miles of you, unless you're in space.
Well, like everyone else I can't read my pm's.

...also, when I first tried reading them when it didn't work, I thought maybe it'd work if I logged out and then logged back in, but it wouldn't let me log out! Of course, I've had random logging out problems ever since I first joined. Someone needs to fix that.

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
how come an admin has not replied yet to tell us wats going on? or do the admins not know wats wrong exactly?

Shadow Wolf TJC

Smash Rookie
Well what do you know. I can make regular replies again. :grin: And I can access F-Zero World's home page again. :grin::grin: Thanks, whoever made these corrections. Now I wonder what else has been corrected...

Update: looks like we can edit our posts again as well.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
All of the php problems are now in order, you can edit posts, make new threads, use PMs, vote, do subscriptions, etc.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
how come an admin has not replied yet to tell us wats going on? or do the admins not know wats wrong exactly?
Sorry for the delay - it took some time finding out what exactly was the problem. Both PHP and mySQL were upgraded within the past few days, and so it was difficult to say what was causing the problems.

This should be fixed now. I'm not sure if the email problem is fixed yet, so please let me know if you continue to have problems with this feature.

Thanks for your patience as I try to get this new server optimized!
Gid

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
Yes I think that is the problem. I tried flushing my DNS cache just in case but that didn't work. Then I found great explanation.

"The cache of every DNS server is deleted periodically. The length of time between purges is different for everyone though most hosts/ISPs clear DNS cache every 7 to 10 days (some more frequently some less frequently). This means that if your domain is moved or transferred it may take up to 10 days for everyone on the Internet to see the changes. We have no control over how ISP's cache DNS information."

Sounds like exactly what's happening. So we'll wait until June 11/12 and see...

It's probably just who I talk to, but it seems to be the Canadians that can't get on the boards lol.
Yes, after looking into this more I've come to the same conclusion. The only thing you can really do at this point besides waiting is trying to contact your ISP and asking them to fix it. sorry you're having problems!

Blazer

Smash Ace
I keep getting a database error. It happens in spouts too. Just randomly everytime I click something I get it. I've restarted my computer multiple times and still no fix has come.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
I keep getting a database error. It happens in spouts too. Just randomly everytime I click something I get it. I've restarted my computer multiple times and still no fix has come.
Can you copy and paste the exact error message you get? Is there a specific page that you get the error message more frequently on? Are there lots of people browsing the boards when you get the message?

gid

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.smashboards.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.smashboards.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

---

There you go, Gid.

It happens randomly to me and there are very few members on currently as opposed to usual amounts.

Blazer

Smash Ace
^^^^

What he said. It just kind of randomly happens. There's no real reasoning for it. One minute everything is going fine and I don't have the problem at all, the next I go to post and get hit like the plague. Last night I waited 10 minutes to be able to post. Right now, the problem hasn't occurred in over an hour of being online.

I've tried reentering the URL with a 'www' in front of it, refreshing,clicking the link, and backing up and reclicking. It just kind of randomly decides when any of these methods will work.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
First off I'd like to say that I've been getting this "Database Error" screen ever since you changed the server a week ago, and it's really pissing me off because it shows up randomly all the time and takes forever before I can use the forums again. Now yesterday I couldn't log in AT ALL! because each time I did it took me to a white screen and didn't send the log-in Information. What was wrong with the site before? Did you work to good for people that you had to go change it?

Sorry if I seem rude up there but I haven't had a single post since my 200th which happened on Friday...

Sandy

Smash Champion
Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.smashboards.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.smashboards.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

---

There you go, Gid.

It happens randomly to me and there are very few members on currently as opposed to usual amounts.
I just had that happen. I had to refresh a few times.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I just had the "database error" thing happen for about 5 minutes or so. I refreshed, left it alone and went elsewhere, entered www ins tead of just smashboards.com, and clicked it's link to the homepage. None of this worked.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm currently getting the Database Error and yesterday when I'd go edit my posts it'd take me to a blank page.

Something similar was happening to Cashed, he couldn't edit posts or delete or lock threads. But that's because he sucks ;).

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
I tried "www.smashboards.com" and it gave me a database error.

However, when I tried "smashboards.com" it worked.

Not sure if this will work for anyone else, but if one way doesnt work, try the other and refresh the page.

Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom