• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Server Move Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
In my attempts to optimize the server, I limited the max amount of mySQL connections to the database, and so I think I set it too low and this appears to be the problem. I will look into this more and hopefully have it resolved by tomorrow.

It would help if when you get these database error pages you right click and view source code of page for enclosed <!-- mysql error message /code --> and post that code here.

*edit*
I increased the max number of connections allowed to the server, so let me know if you continue to get this error, and if you do, follow the above instructions for reporting it.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I'm still getting the ISP/ DNS thing- and it's officially been 10 days now. I guess I just have to wait some more.

"We're sorry, but Smash Boards has switched servers and, unfortunately, your ISP has not updated the DNS information yet. This can take up to a week or more for some ISPs. Please continue to check back each day.
-Gideon (6/9/07 @ 8:30 AM EST)"

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
I'm still getting the ISP/ DNS thing- and it's officially been 10 days now. I guess I just have to wait some more.

"We're sorry, but Smash Boards has switched servers and, unfortunately, your ISP has not updated the DNS information yet. This can take up to a week or more for some ISPs. Please continue to check back each day.
-Gideon (6/9/07 @ 8:30 AM EST)"
Please contact your ISP and ask them to fix it. I have checked and everything is fine from this end, they just need to update!!

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes when I post I get the database error, and then I cannot access smashboards for about 30 min. Twice today I tried to post this, but after i hit the post button, i just got the hour glass and nothing happened. It just stayed there the whole time, for about 4 hours.

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [&lt;a href='function.mysql-connect'&gt;function.mysql-connect&lt;/a&gt;]: Too many connections
/home/smash/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 274

MySQL Error :
Error Number :
Date : Monday, June 11th 2007 @ 09:49:17 PM
Script : http://smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&amp;t=105953
Referrer : http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105953&amp;page=6
IP Address : 72.47.115.116
Username :
Classname : vB_Database

I tried to post the whole thing, but that is what was causing it to not post. This is all I could get to post, and I hope this is the part you need.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I can't edit posts. When I go to save, it just loads for an eternity, and nothing happens. And when I post pictures, I just get an "this image is hosted by so and so" instead of the picture. But that may just be me.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
In my attempts to optimize the server, I limited the max amount of mySQL connections to the database, and so I think I set it too low and this appears to be the problem. I will look into this more and hopefully have it resolved by tomorrow.

It would help if when you get these database error pages you right click and view source code of page for enclosed <!-- mysql error message /code --> and post that code here.

*edit*
I increased the max number of connections allowed to the server, so let me know if you continue to get this error, and if you do, follow the above instructions for reporting it.

You Sir are my Hero
:love:

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Alright, after eleven days of the whole "Your ISP still needs to update the DNS...." when I logged on here (AOL) I can now access the whole site and post- but Metaknight is at the top- not Bowser.

Does this mean my ISP still needs to update? I think it's weird that it's letting me on now.

Btw- Everything works fine on Internet Explorer I have Bowser at the top and no problems.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
So noone in the Edmonton area can log on or even get past the fatal DNS message which Gideon updated. Is there any reason our area is affected so completely? I can only assume we are all on the same ISP, but there's at least 5 of us who have been getting the shaft these past 2 weeks. I still am confused as to why I can access smashboards via proxy (Proxies change my IP and still operate under my ISP's network IIRC) but not on my own IP. A mystery indeed.

Sorry if I come off pessimistic, but it just seems as if the server change has only caused problems for some of us at this end.

I have the patience to wait for a while still, and that's precisely what I'll do.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Yeah, it's been the same here. It gets really annoying to have to find a decent proxy and then browse. Disconnection is an often occurance, so it sucks loads.

I think the only reason it's working at school, Carl, is because the server is designed to undergo rapid server changes, therefore the ISP quickly recognized smashboard's server change and fixed itself.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
Alright, after eleven days of the whole "Your ISP still needs to update the DNS...." when I logged on here (AOL) I can now access the whole site and post- but Metaknight is at the top- not Bowser.

Does this mean my ISP still needs to update? I think it's weird that it's letting me on now.

Btw- Everything works fine on Internet Explorer I have Bowser at the top and no problems.
If you can post but still see metaknight this is not a DNS problem - try to clear your browser's cache, close all instances of your browser, and then reopen a new one. Eventually it will change.

So noone in the Edmonton area can log on or even get past the fatal DNS message which Gideon updated. Is there any reason our area is affected so completely? I can only assume we are all on the same ISP, but there's at least 5 of us who have been getting the shaft these past 2 weeks. I still am confused as to why I can access smashboards via proxy (Proxies change my IP and still operate under my ISP's network IIRC) but not on my own IP. A mystery indeed.

Sorry if I come off pessimistic, but it just seems as if the server change has only caused problems for some of us at this end.

I have the patience to wait for a while still, and that's precisely what I'll do.
Sorry to hear you are still having problems. The only thing I can tell you is to contact your ISP and ask them to update.

In the meantime, you can try accessing SWF via our IP address:
http://72.52.199.131/~smash/

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Yes, same with me. I can direct connect now. Same with everyone else in BC I've talked to.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I just got back from having to see that DNS message which took me exactly 2 weeks for me to even see the forum again maybe it's because i have AOL, oh well at least i'm back andI miss the forums so much, thank god i'm back

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
thino,
I just subscribed to a few threads and it seemed to work fine. Try to subscribe to a new thread and see if it works. Either that or try unsubscribing to all of yours and then resubscribing. I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
The biggest problem has been with the WYSIWYG formatting interface. When editing posts, I can't even switch from the default plain text to the enhanced editor.

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
I sometimes have trouble editing posts and posting quick replies. Whenever I post a quick reply longer than 5-6 lines, my browser waits indefinitly for a response from smashboards. The same problem also comes when I edit a post longer than that with the quick edit java stuff. But when I click 'go advanced' I never get any problems.

The boards still load slow, but this is prolly from heavy site traffic on smashboards, as I have an instantaneous connection on other sites.
*makes the post >6 lines*

It's working! No problem anymore!

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
see if the editing problem is fixed now.

i'm still looking into the email problem.

*EDIT*
Are you sure your email system is not blocking the emails, thinking they are spam? is anyone else having problems with subscription to threads?

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
quick reply is fixed. please let me know if the editing is fixed for those that were having problems!

Thino

Smash Master
i'm still looking into the email problem.

*EDIT*
Are you sure your email system is not blocking the emails, thinking they are spam? is anyone else having problems with subscription to threads?
no its just me ,all the spam usually goes in the spam folder, ill try changing to my alternate e-mail account see if it still doesnt work

*edit* it works with my new e-mail account guess the problem was with hotmail

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
great :) And maybe there is an option in hotmail where you can put certain addresses as not being spam (like all @smashboards.com mail is okay)

well, i think all the main problems with the server move are finally resolved?
*knocks on wood

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I'm only posting in this thread because this is the last place I saw it discussed, but the problem of not being able to access my user control panel is back, and I can't edit posts, etc.

Dibs

Smash Lord
I'm posting on behalf of Commonyoshi:

Hey Dibs, be a doll for me and post in the "Server Move Problems" thread on SWF that I can not access my account at all. Whenever I try to do so, the computer just says it cant display web page.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
I'm only posting in this thread because this is the last place I saw it discussed, but the problem of not being able to access my user control panel is back, and I can't edit posts, etc.
My exact problem. Same with everyone else I've talked to.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I currently look, send, or do anything involving PMs, I cannont look at or change my sig, in fact all I really can do is look at my subscriptions. And I cannot edit my posts at all. Pretty much what happened to everyone else, though it has improved as the day went on after it first hit (hard).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Excuse my double post, but as I said above I can't use the edit button. I am now randomly experiencing problems with the page expiring, and my post getting posted. That caused me to double post just now. Hopefully it is only temporary, it was doing this to me about 12 hours ago. Again, sorry for the Double post.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I get a white screen when I try to edit posts, do anything involving PMs, and sometimes, I can't even get onto the website. When that happens, it says that the connection has timed out and the website maybe too busy, though I can get onto any other website. I don't know if that has to do with the server or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom