• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico's dead sexy power rankings(1/4/2008)

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
New Mexico Power Rankings
(Last Update 1/4/2008)​

Panelists:
  • Kashakunaki
  • Alphabravo
  • Pice
  • Lrin

Mission Statement:

The purpose of the New Mexico power rankings is to show OOS the relative skill level of the top players in New Mexico. It is to promote tournament attendance within New Mexico and encourage players to improve (especially those that are not on the list). All of New Mexico is represented, which will promote players who feel they have been overlooked to become more active within the tournament scene.

Position Criteria:
  • Tournament performance- It's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. These rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles, Doubles and Crew performances over history and of recent times.
  • Consistency of Results- If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.
  • Competitiveness of Tournament participated in- No point winning a tournament filled with 100 n00bs - Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either Local or Out-of-State regions) will be given greater weight.
  • Must be a current resident in New Mexico.

Power Ranking List

1. Alphabravo (2)
2. Erich (1)
3. GoldenGlove (-)
4. Sinz (5)
5. Sliraobe God (7)
6. Kashakunaki (-)
7. Twin A (8)
8. Tw1n (N)
9. JohnnyLaw (10)
10. Lrin (9)

Honorable Mentions:

Havox
Wraith
Chefman
ZMan
Pice

Player of the Month: December

Chefman

Congratulations to Chefman for winning player of the month for December. His dramatic growth in skill in a relatively short time span and his positive attitude earn him this reward.

Closed!

The New Mexico power rankings are closed until Super Smash Bros. Brawl is released (where a new thread will be created).

Thanks to everyone for a great tournament scene in NM.

New Mexico SSBM shoutouts (these are the players I believe had the most impact on the NM smash scene):

ArcticDrac: You were really the FIRST good smasher in New Mexico Jason. You also influenced other smashers, such as myself, to become better a while back.

AllBoutPeach: I give shoutouts to you Chris for one reason, you have been the most dominant smasher in New Mexico. You held the title of "best in state" for longer than any other smasher in New Mexico. You also FORCED other players in New Mexico to step up their game and become better. You also hold the best tournament record, placing first place in most of the tournaments you have attended and placing in top 3 when OOS came by. You also proved to OOS that NM has some skill.

Yukitanuki: I want to give you shoutouts Michelle because I believe you influenced all the underdogs. You proved that it does not matter who you are, anyone has a chance to improve.

Erich: I give you shoutouts Erich for two reasons. First, the rivarly between yourself and ABP for the longest time forced the rest of NM to improve just to keep up with both of you. Second, you also proved to OOS, especially Colorado, that NM does actually have some skill.

EVERYONE ELSE: Last, but certainly not least, I want to give a shoutout to everyone else. If it were not for all of you the NEW MEXICO smash scene would have died out long ago. Thank you, everyone, for keeping the flame alive and NM smash train rollin.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hurrah. Excellent job, Paul. I like what you've done with the place ;).

I think the number two position between Erich and AlphaBravo is debateable, though I think it is fine the way it is. However, I myself think I should be above GoldenGlove... maybe that is just me.

I think you should list the New Mexican crews as well. There is Team Nub, BNTD, and the Northeast Heights Smashers or some random **** like that.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Nice. This thread is, as the title suggests, dead sexy.

I agree that the #2 spot could go to Alphabravo. As for the placings of GoldenGlove and Kashakunaki, well, NM is having tournaments plenty often now. Feel free to try and take the position back;)

Also, it's not NE Heights Smash Crew, It's Cameron n' Pals, 'member?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'm still confused about ABP and AlphaBravo. I didn't get to play anyone, but I thought that Erich and Sinz were the only ones to make it even a decent amount into the tournament we went to, and were number 1 and 2. Not going to argue, since it's been almost 2 months, and a lot can happen in that time, and I didn't get to play everyone, just confused is all.

Also, AlphaBravo, your comment about them doing much better without us having El LoVo stung me to the core. We didn't even get to showcase our top 5, haha.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hey, man. I didn't say it. And forget you, man >.<!

Well, I personally think I've improved GREATLY in those two months time. Besides, one tournament doesn't mean anything. Sinz is most certainly not the best. I beat Sinz in my sleep.

That's right, I'm callin' you out, Everett ;).

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Well Interim, even though I said they would do much better if El Lovo hadn't participated "much better" isn't really a step up from how crappy they did.

BTW everyone, there is just one change I have to make to this thread (once I figure it out everyone will know, trust me, its for the better). The whole green arrow, red arrow business.

BTW Interim, there is no denying Erich and Sinz's skill, but lately they haven't been up to par with the rest of NM in terms of consistency. That and the fact that they still get ***** by ABP. There performances as of late have been disappointing as well.

Also Davis, I would rather just keep the thread as clean looking as possible. But if everyone is in favor of it then I will do the whole crew stuff and if you want, the whole green arrow previous position stuff as well.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I'm still confused about ABP and AlphaBravo. I didn't get to play anyone, but I thought that Erich and Sinz were the only ones to make it even a decent amount into the tournament we went to, and were number 1 and 2. Not going to argue, since it's been almost 2 months, and a lot can happen in that time, and I didn't get to play everyone, just confused is all.
Let's look at the two most recent NM tournaments.

7/28 - 1st = ABP, 2nd = Alphabravo

8/11 - 1st = ABP, 2nd = Alphabravo. (This tourney was round robin. ABP didn't lose any sets, and only lost one game out of 30, which was to Alphabravo).

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Let's look at the two most recent NM tournaments.

7/28 - 1st = ABP, 2nd = Alphabravo

8/11 - 1st = ABP, 2nd = Alphabravo. (This tourney was round robin. ABP didn't lose any sets, and only lost one game out of 30, which was to Alphabravo).
Lol, what the heck; I'm the only one who put up a fight against ABP (came so close to beating him, next time). Wow, wait to prove me and ABP's supremacy with that statement Steven.

THIS POST HAS BEEN DRASTICALLY EDITED, AS ITS ORIGINAL CONTENTS CONTAINED NOTHING THAT I MEANT TO SAY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Great job on the thread Paul, it looks very well organized. Of course, I wasn't expecting anything less from you though. No worries.

I've been telling you guys for years how good Alpha is, and no one believed me. Up till now, that is. Hah! PWNED!!

If you guys think that the number two spot is iffy, then fine, after the next tournament, give it to Alphabravo; I'll just take back the number one spot again. And Alpha will not lose to ABP next time, no he won't. All joking aside, I'm really quite surprised that I'm still second on the list at this particular moment. Whateva', I'm fine with it.:lick:

I was about ready to quit smash guys, and I wasn't going to pick up Brawl for tournaments either. No joke. I've been thinking about it for a while, and so these last few tournaments my heart hasn't really been in it. I was undergoing some...pressure, I guess. Anyways, after seeing this thread I have been inspired to continue playing. Sorry if I disappointed anyone with poor playing at the last few tournaments I've attended. I'll make up for it at the next tournament. See you all then. BTW, does anyone have a date set up for the next monthly?

You should be confused Interim. Me and Chris kind of switched attitudes. At the tourney you attended, he just messed around. At the last few tournament I've attended, so have I, but he has not. It's confusing, yes. What you thought is still basically the same truth, only Alpha is still better than what you probably thought he was.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
yay i made the list! but wait didnt i beat Lrin... haha im jk i dont really care that much. Im just happy i was able to somewhat prove myself at the last tourny (isnt that right Kash :p)
Actually speaking about our final match Kash, I know you really won that and what happened was bull. But oh well no hard feelings huh. Is anyone going to make a results thread for the monthly?

And Interim I cant wait to face you guys again. I want to see how much Ive improved since you guys came down here

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
yay i made the list! but wait didnt i beat Lrin... haha im jk i dont really care that much. Im just happy i was able to somewhat prove myself at the last tourny (isnt that right Kash :p)
Actually speaking about our final match Kash, I know you really won that and what happened was bull. But oh well no hard feelings huh. Is anyone going to make a results thread for the monthly?

And Interim I cant wait to face you guys again. I want to see how much Ive improved since you guys came down here
I'm not gonna make a thread dedicated to the results. I did, however, post the results in the Albuquerque Monthlies thread.

Yea, I don't think a monthly needs to have a results thread, personally. There would be WAAAAAAAYYYY too many of them.

Every time I see your signature GG, I crack up. It's hilarious!! And I must agree with you, NM has plenty of tourneys going on right now, there's more than enough chance to take back your position/move up. I should take my own advise, eh?;)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Sinz is most likely quiting smash, because there just isn't anything new anymore about it. MTG for the w.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Sinz should get good with a different character then.

Also, my apologies to Alpha and ABP. Now I want to play you guys.

Also, I might main pokemon trainer in brawl.

You're cool Interim. ABP has always been my closest rival, I just never tell anyone, because, up until recently anyways, he stopped caring about the game at all. Now however, he seems to be getting back into it.

YEA!!! Pokemon Trainer's going to be like a better version of Ice Climbers that I really, really do not want to play against. Still though, sounds pretty fun. I want to see what kind of abilities Charizard and Squirtle and Ivysaur have, it's a pretty good idea. I get to beat up Mario with a freakin' turtle, come on!! Mario pwns koopas all day long, it's about time a turtle pwned him!

That's a good idea. Pick up someone new Sinz. Brawl's just around the corner too.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Tried picking up Luigi, didn't have much fun.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
i however beat you twin a lol......... and me and ;rins finally match my batteries of my awavebird dies at 100% each while a charge beam shot was flying at me........ o well guess well never no what would have happened lol

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I thought it'd be cool if NM's power rankings had a cool way to show who each person on the list mains, like other ranking threads. Lemmee know what you think of this (see below). I know that the icons don't tell you the exact character they play, but they're still pretty cool and decently informative IMO. The icons can be moved to be next to player's name instead of below them as well, so as to take up less space.

1. AllBoutPeach

2. Erich

3. Alphabravo

4. Sinz

5. GoldenGlove

6. Kashakunaki

7. Sliroabe God

8. Lrin

9. Pice

10. Twin A

Shapechanger

Smash Apprentice
i however beat you twin a lol......... and me and ;rins finally match my batteries of my awavebird dies at 100% each while a charge beam shot was flying at me........ o well guess well never no what would have happened lol
For all we know, it could have ended the same way.

And I like the "who they main" symbols ideas. It's really cool.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wavebirds are typically banned from tournaments. Your demise was your own doing.

And I second Sinz playing ICs, they're too cool, and really creative.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
****. These really are dead sexy power rankings, no doubt about it. Especially with the whole main symbols thingamajiger going on :estatic:

Let's see, this is probably the first power ranking list in which I don't have any objection.
BTW, GG, thanks for the hot Starfox icon. But we don't need to limit it to our main, do we? Secondarys ftw!!!

Eh, I can't argue about the standings for anyone else...and Davis, I didn't know you were a panelist!! :)

Sinz like Luigi. Luigi moustache mindgame bird triple suicide.
Sliraobe God (Why does no one spell it right? You can friggin copy+paste!)

tw1n

Smash Champion
I guess its my fault for playing like crap in the last tournament. And I had to bail before even finishing my last few matches. My fault. Next time.

The icons are sexy as well as this thread.

Interim, when are you guys coming up again. Maybe we should try to get together a huge tournament. Just so its worth your time.

Hey guys, Paul's got his own ideas for symbols next to the the power ranking members. Just leave it to him, and you'll see soon enough.

BTW, I want to change my signature. RAWR...

Sounds good Interim. We'll see what we can do. There might be something in September, so we'll talk to you about a definite later. Me and Paul might host one.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master

**** right it was. Meh, I'll just four stock you next time. Haha.

Sinz is most likely quiting smash, because there just isn't anything new anymore about it. MTG for the w.
I'm so tired of hearing this... I'm hearing it everywhere and frankly, I don't care. By the way, I saw your videos in 2D and 3D DIgital Animation Class, Everett. Lol.

Sinz should get good with a different character then.

Also, my apologies to Alpha and ABP. Now I want to play you guys.

Also, I might main pokemon trainer in brawl.
**** Pokemon Trainer. He's way to ****ing generic. They could have, at the LEAST, called him Red. Lame.

Hey guys, I thought it'd be cool if NM's power rankings had a cool way to show who each person on the list mains, like other ranking threads. Lemmee know what you think of this (see below). I know that the icons don't tell you the exact character they play, but they're still pretty cool and decently informative IMO. The icons can be moved to be next to player's name instead of below them as well, so as to take up less space.

1. AllBoutPeach

2. Erich

3. Alphabravo

4. Sinz

5. GoldenGlove

6. Kashakunaki

7. Sliroabe God

8. Lrin

9. Pice

10. Twin A
Hawt.

You guys totally stole Southern Utah's word:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=79666

I think you might notice that you'll see something in common with this thread.
Pfft, deal with it. It looks better on our state, anyways.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Davis, first of all I did all of my other work in class there so I could smash whe I get home. Plus, I just hung out with friends the entire time.

Also, davis. Middle finger for you, because I am tired of your bull****. You suck. That is what it is. I don't care about playing smash anymore because, NM SUCKS and there isn't anything happening to make it much better. It just isn't fun anymore.
And, just so you know I rarely practiced smash, while you practiced it a crap load.

Shapechanger

Smash Apprentice
First, and not to be an *** about it, but if you're going to imply that you think you're better than all of us, I think you're only justified to say it after you can beat ABP consistantly. Secondly, since when are you actually restricted to New Mexico? If you really feel that you're too good for us and want to get even better, what's stopping you from going out of state to play? I mean, you've got to be close to getting your liscence.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Woah calm down Sinz. Sorry if you feel we all suck but at least we have fun with it. I agree with Lrin here. Go up to colorado or Arizona and compete from time to time. If you can't do that at the moment than accept that you live here and we do have some competition. Last I noticed ABP, Erich, and Alphabravo were competing with you. I'm sorry but you need to either smile and play the game, or quit like you say you want to and just stop snapping at everyone. Davis said nothing wrong at all. No reason to explode on him.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
It does seem like no one can spell Sliraobe god. Anyways, good **** Paul! I can't believe you made it this far, see? Positive thinking can do you some good =D And I nearly forgot you play Marth >_< when I saw you playing at the July 7th tourney you were using Falco(Could this have been the influence of you playing me at CO's Cutthroat? :chuckle:) Anyways Colorado's getting older(lol), but this means we should be able to go out for smash more, and maybe even for Brawl! I can't wait to play you guys again since it looks like you've improved.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wait, was S. God the Falco player that I gave some tips to? If so, I've got this guy's back, he's tight, haha.

Sinz, I know how you feel, but really, if you want them to get better, you have to own them, simple as that. Granted, I have LoVo, Ferdi, SNSG, and BlueMycon to play (honorable mentions to Erg and Yang), but everyone below that is ****, and before we went to OC3, I almost retired because everyone was getting worse for a while.

Don't do it. Yeah, the arrogant scrubs ala Kash and the people that tell you what you need to do when they aren't even on the top 10 can get to you, especially when they're mocking you despite being atrocious at this game, but you have to learn to just ignore them. You have a Peach player as your top. You play CF. Something seems wrong to me. Learn to do those 0-death combos on him, or, better yet, pick Sheik. You have amazing mindgames, show them how to win easy mode with a top tier character. Everyone at your skill level plays a character that gets beaten, if not *****, by Sheik, and everyone below you doesn't matter. Use it to your advantage. Sheik can be hella fun to play, and they'll be hard pressed to find a way to beat her, forcing everyone to play better, and, in turn, improving you.

This isn't to say there's no love for the rest of NM. Everyone I met, I liked, despite being somewhat pissed during "I know how to beat Samus, I went to the Doc forums and asked and watched videos, and now I know how to beat her" and likewise ignorance being spouted during my match with Sinz. Almost lost because of that stupid **** (lulz, johnz). I just think that a lot of NM has the same problem CO used to have:

They think they're too good.

Seriously, until you beat at least one pro in tournament, you're not even remotely decent. Kenny beat g@be in tournament, but I can 3-4 stock him with his own character when I try. Funny, eh?

Long story short, all of you need to stop with thinking you're good, and work on getting better. Right now EC is better than everything non-EC by a LONG ****ING SHOT. We need to fix that, because a rivalry where one guy takes 16 stock from your crew isn't really a rivalry anymore, eh? Focus on getting better, and stop being pretentious.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Zeal you are a god I swear. That post almost brought a tear to my eye lol.

i guess some people may lose sight of the game when they think they're on top of they're local area. thats why im kind of glad that im on the bottom of the top 10 right now. i now have goals and people to beat (CO being one of those goals mind you. I know im not there yet but my Link keeps getting better and better).

Top Bottom