• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico's dead sexy power rankings(1/4/2008)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Davis, first of all I did all of my other work in class there so I could smash whe I get home. Plus, I just hung out with friends the entire time.

Also, davis. Middle finger for you, because I am tired of your bull****. You suck. That is what it is. I don't care about playing smash anymore because, NM SUCKS and there isn't anything happening to make it much better. It just isn't fun anymore.
And, just so you know I rarely practiced smash, while you practiced it a crap load.
First of all, back the **** off before I make you. You need to cool it dude. If you don't care, good, don't bring your pessimistic douchebagary here. It's not welcome.

First, and not to be an *** about it, but if you're going to imply that you think you're better than all of us, I think you're only justified to say it after you can beat ABP consistantly. Secondly, since when are you actually restricted to New Mexico? If you really feel that you're too good for us and want to get even better, what's stopping you from going out of state to play? I mean, you've got to be close to getting your liscence.
I don't now if you were talking to me, but if you were, you need to back off to. What did I say to piss everyone off so much? No, I don't think I'm better than everyone else. Christ, you people would think you'd know how much I joke around by now.

Yeah, the arrogant scrubs ala Kash
First of all, don't you EVER talk about me like you know me. If you're gonna talk **** about someone you don't even know, do it to their face.

during "I know how to beat Samus, I went to the Doc forums and asked and watched videos, and now I know how to beat her" and likewise ignorance being spouted during my match with Sinz.
****ing get a life. How could anyone take that seriously. I swear.

This **** better stop this ****ing instant, I'm not even kidding.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Well spoken Zeal.

Kash, calm down and forget about it k. Just when the next tournament pops up play your best without getting into a fight either before, during, or after. The outcome will tell all. Same goes to you Sinz.

So any thoughts on when the next big tournament is going to be? We should try to hold a huge 4 courners invitational tournament. See if we could get CO, Utah, and AZ to show up. Maybe even some of the guys from Texas too. Make it worth while.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
No. I'm not that kind of person. If someone has a problem with me, good, they should tell it to my face, but I'm not gonna stand being called ignorant and arrogant and incompetent by people that hardly know me.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
everyone calm down and say you're sorry. i swear if a fight breaks out at the next tourny ill be pissed off. Its a video game you guys, have fun with it. **** talking is a part of the game. we all know Kash just jokes when he talks crap. If you get mad at it, beat him into the ground in the game and make him not able to talk **** anymore, its as easy as that. Or better yet just deal with it and laugh it off. Its not that hard.

Ugh, so much arguing...

Anyways, first off, I think that Sinz should be the first to calm down. He's mormon, I expect better from him, and I didn't like that post very much. Shape up man.

Davis, you've gotta relax a little, don't get quite so uptight. Tony's just being honest, I guess I can see where he's coming from, I don't think he quite meant to seriously offend anyone, just using what you said as an example.

Think about what Interim's saying, he's got a point, even though NM does joke around a lot, I think it all alludes to a real reason behind it all. Look at me, I'm the best example because I'm always the one getting called out on it. I always use the STUPID, GAY excuse that I wasn't really in the zone, which even though I might not be, should not be a valid excuse. See what I mean? Even though we do more trash-talking than most other states, I think that sometimes, unconsciously, we are all sort of like I am every once in a while, we say that because we partially mean it sometimes. Now that I think about it, Interim has a very valid point and I don't really know how to explain much more of what's on my mind, but I'm sure what I've already posted is enough to touch on it. This statement is directed to EVERYBODY, not just to Davis, so I think that EVERYBODY should pay CLOSE attention.

In any case guys, Kyle's advise is also much appreciated. Relax, loosen up, we're not out to hate each other, and I don't want any of us to hate any of us, and have fun with it, ja? Talk more later, gotta go.

Erich out.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I'm kinda glad that this happened because I think alot of us had to be hit in the face with that knowledge/awareness. And reality has hit us and we can advance.

Now that everybody should be calm... when is the next tourny so I can get back on the list :D

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
4reel. Davis, I've seen you. You're scrawny as ****. You couldn't "make me" do anything I didn't want to, let alone shut up, haha. With that out of the way, any crap talking you want to do, we'll do it in PMs. Suffice to say, the goal of my post wasn't to attack you, but since you were the most prominent example that came to mind at the time, I used you for most of it.

I've used excuses before on many occasions; however, despite them being "valid", they never are. If I'm sick/stressed/upset and I choose to play, it's my own fault when I lose. If you're not "in the zone" (not poking at you, Erich, but that's a **** good one to use for an example), then why even be in the premises of the game?

I'm not saying don't play if you can't give your 100% for one reason or another, I'm saying not to make excuses. Your controller broken? Either buy a new one, or do what I do and learn how to play with a broken controller. Your sister just died? Why are you playing this game, if not to just unwind?

Haha, in Colorado we have one player that is almost ALWAYS full of johns. His most popular one is "my technicals are off today, but my mindgames are really doing well". Wtf? If your mindgames are spot on, technicals don't even matter. That's how I made a player forfeit a match at OC3. I called out what he did before he did it a few times, it got to him, and he forfeited. No need for me to waveshine or anything. If you can get into someone's mind, they're done, no matter how good they are.

He once said, "my mindgames are off but my technicals are spot on". Again, wtf? Perfect control technicals can beast a lot of people.

The funniest thing? He's playing PEACH! Not even one that's as technical as mine (which it has become recently guys, you need to see it, it's ****ing sexy). No johnz, son.

So for the most part, stop with the johning, and concentrate on what you want out of this game. Casual fun? Cool, aim for things to meet those needs, maybe just play with friends and in friendlies. To get better? Great, practice at least 3 times a week (if not every day) for at least 20 minutes-1 hour. Practice with PURPOSE. Don't just practice waveshines when you play Doc. Work on learning how to fight the characters you have trouble with, watch matches, go to your respective character specific forums, and talk to the pros (ignore the majority of posters there. On the Peach forums, the most popular Peach is "Drk.Pch", who blows giant monkey balls. Check my huge *** post in one of his video threads critiquing him for errors in gameplay), practice very specific instants on certain stages. You never know when a waveland bair will put your opponent at a disadvantage on battlefield, so why not make sure you can do it on command (for the record, with Fox, this almost always works. Even Taj ate it every time, and this was back when I REALLY sucked)?

Don't get full of yourself. Remember that, right now, there are probably at LEAST 100 people that could take you easy, and even more that could go dead even with you. Work to surpass that. Work to be the best in your region, not just your state. For the record, come Brawl, I'm aiming to be the best player in the four corners region, just so I can use the badass name of 4Corners. Arrogant and presumptious? Hell yeah it is. One hell of a goal? Yeah.

After that, am I just going to relax until someone gets good in the 4corners area?

Hell no.

I want to be the best in the States, in the world. I won't make the same mistakes that Ken, Isai, and Azen did, and just quit for a while because I have no real competition. I want to always push myself, and, in turn, to push others.

So figure out why you want to play this game, and start playing it how you're supposed to. Fun? Improvement? To learn something (seriously, discovering a new technique and showcasing it is amazing)? To win?

Start playing accordingly, people.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I bought a new one and Broke it lol...

Tony, your amazing.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
4reel. Davis, I've seen you. You're scrawny as ****. You couldn't "make me" do anything I didn't want to, let alone shut up, haha. With that out of the way, any crap talking you want to do, we'll do it in PMs. Suffice to say, the goal of my post wasn't to attack you, but since you were the most prominent example that came to mind at the time, I used you for most of it.

I've used excuses before on many occasions; however, despite them being "valid", they never are. If I'm sick/stressed/upset and I choose to play, it's my own fault when I lose. If you're not "in the zone" (not poking at you, Erich, but that's a **** good one to use for an example), then why even be in the premises of the game?

I'm not saying don't play if you can't give your 100% for one reason or another, I'm saying not to make excuses. Your controller broken? Either buy a new one, or do what I do and learn how to play with a broken controller. Your sister just died? Why are you playing this game, if not to just unwind?

Haha, in Colorado we have one player that is almost ALWAYS full of johns. His most popular one is "my technicals are off today, but my mindgames are really doing well". Wtf? If your mindgames are spot on, technicals don't even matter. That's how I made a player forfeit a match at OC3. I called out what he did before he did it a few times, it got to him, and he forfeited. No need for me to waveshine or anything. If you can get into someone's mind, they're done, no matter how good they are.

He once said, "my mindgames are off but my technicals are spot on". Again, wtf? Perfect control technicals can beast a lot of people.

The funniest thing? He's playing PEACH! Not even one that's as technical as mine (which it has become recently guys, you need to see it, it's ****ing sexy). No johnz, son.

So for the most part, stop with the johning, and concentrate on what you want out of this game. Casual fun? Cool, aim for things to meet those needs, maybe just play with friends and in friendlies. To get better? Great, practice at least 3 times a week (if not every day) for at least 20 minutes-1 hour. Practice with PURPOSE. Don't just practice waveshines when you play Doc. Work on learning how to fight the characters you have trouble with, watch matches, go to your respective character specific forums, and talk to the pros (ignore the majority of posters there. On the Peach forums, the most popular Peach is "Drk.Pch", who blows giant monkey balls. Check my huge *** post in one of his video threads critiquing him for errors in gameplay), practice very specific instants on certain stages. You never know when a waveland bair will put your opponent at a disadvantage on battlefield, so why not make sure you can do it on command (for the record, with Fox, this almost always works. Even Taj ate it every time, and this was back when I REALLY sucked)?

Don't get full of yourself. Remember that, right now, there are probably at LEAST 100 people that could take you easy, and even more that could go dead even with you. Work to surpass that. Work to be the best in your region, not just your state. For the record, come Brawl, I'm aiming to be the best player in the four corners region, just so I can use the badass name of 4Corners. Arrogant and presumptious? Hell yeah it is. One hell of a goal? Yeah.

After that, am I just going to relax until someone gets good in the 4corners area?

Hell no.

I want to be the best in the States, in the world. I won't make the same mistakes that Ken, Isai, and Azen did, and just quit for a while because I have no real competition. I want to always push myself, and, in turn, to push others.

So figure out why you want to play this game, and start playing it how you're supposed to. Fun? Improvement? To learn something (seriously, discovering a new technique and showcasing it is amazing)? To win?

Start playing accordingly, people.
wow , one of the best posts ive read. props man ^_______________________________^

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Hey, it seems I'm a bit late to the core argument in a power rankings thread...and I'm late for the awesome mediation by Interim :)

First of all, I'd like to thank Spiritdragon for the being the only human alive to spell an 8 letter word of mine correctly. If any of you CO players wanted to know, I was the blue falco tagged "Neil". I guess we'll see each other in the next big tourney.

Back to the power rankings. Again, I don't have any objections, but we should include all NM players on the list, old and new. I'm sure we could include the nonactive players just for looks, ja?

Meh, I don't know, but please try to come to my monthlies. The info is at:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=110577

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Haha, Sinz, every time I buy a new controller, someone swipes it before I get to put my name on it. It's really gay, so I've stopped buying controllers for the time being. XD

Shapechanger

Smash Apprentice
I don't now if you were talking to me, but if you were, you need to back off to. What did I say to piss everyone off so much? No, I don't think I'm better than everyone else. Christ, you people would think you'd know how much I joke around by now.
To clarify, I was talking to Sinz. I am well aware of the fact you joke all the freaking time, but I am also aware of, however, the fact that Sinz is usually very serious about Smash.

Little late, but clarifications had to be made.

Whoa!! Two epic posts in succession. It's almost too much inspiration to handle. *Tear*

Those were very inspirational posts, and you just helped me put things into very clear focus Tony. Thank you, more than you probably know. See you guys soon.

Pssh, I spell Sliraobe right too, always have.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Its amazing. Zoso, have me in his sig lol. But, can you bring controller to me tomorrow? and Paul, if you see this can you bring me my memory card?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Lulz, just happens when I get frustrated with people being complacent. I talk a lot. XD

Anyway, I wanna visit NM again. It's fun playing people that I don't play on a regular basis, and I love giving tips. XD

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Lulz, just happens when I get frustrated with people being complacent. I talk a lot. XD

Anyway, I wanna visit NM again. It's fun playing people that I don't play on a regular basis, and I love giving tips. XD
Lol, well, I think everyone in NM is making an active effort to get better. Except for maybe Sinz (though he may be now, after your speeches) and ABP (because he already ***** everyone, and just isn't that serious about smash).

And yes, you should visit NM again, along with other Coloradoans. I have yet to meet any Colorado smashers!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Haha, NM just needs to learn how to fight Peach. XD

I might come alone. I'm trying to get CO to go to your next tournament, but if they don't figure out something soon, I might just fly there for the next tournament (lemme know soon when the next decent sized one is) so I can try to get more $ for Super Champ, which I desperately want to go to.

Did you not go to the last tournament we were at?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Did twin get better?

It's funny that ABP is #1 in NM, especially given everyone's mains. What's wrong with you people? Learn to play gay. XD

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Did twin get better?

It's funny that ABP is #1 in NM, especially given everyone's mains. What's wrong with you people? Learn to play gay. XD
Lol, well, I can play gay in theory, but not so much in practice when I'm fighting peach. I'm like "Lulz, waveshine, upsmash, and uthrow-uair all **** peach, easy". But then it goes out the window when I'm getting chaingrabbed, dsmashed, and turnip-spammed all to hell.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
If you play Fox, run away and laser. Follow with jab-usmash, uthrow uair, etc. You ~could~ be incredibly technical and gay, but if you don't have the skill to do that, my methods always work against most Peaches. XD

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Read: Be gay.

yeah my brother and i both got better. hell when you last saw me i could barely short hop consistently lol. i dont think im better than you guys but ill definitely hold my own this time around :D
I'm glad. I liked you guys, so I was hoping you would improve. XD

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Play gay.....it all makes sense now! I highly doubt that I'll lose to ABP next time I play him. I've been working on my strategies against Marths and Peaches in particular. I personally, do not believe that ABP is the best in NM. The only reason he ever wins is because he plays Peach, and no one in NM knows how to get past his predictable strategy. Of course, my opinion wasn't enough to change the opinion's of the three other panelists, who all voted ABP to be #1.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Lulz. You guys need to host a tournament soon so CO can come down and steal your monies to fuel our internet hate machine onward to Super Champ Combo.

...I mean... we REALLY would like to play you guys again. Get a decent sized tournament so we can at least pay for our gas/food if we win. :D!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
IF you win :p

i still wanna get a 4corners match up going. that would be awesome. although the most i would be able to do would be providing housing. it would still be awesome tho.

(quick side note, i love being at a job were you will get fired for any wrong thing you do such as getting online. but since tomorrows my last day its fun just not giving a ****)

Top Bottom