• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 'New' British thread, the Brawl scene and UK & Ireland Brawl Friends Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
The 'New' British thread, the Brawl scene and UK Brawl Friends Codes

This thread shall replace the old british thread and be used as the focal point of the British brawl scene in regards to communications for online play, playing others in your area and 'real life' tournaments.

But first a brief history and insight into the UK compeittive scene;

For those that are unaware the UK has a healthy smash melee community. It is over four years old and has had frequent tournaments. These tournaments have normally been located in Newcastle upon Tyne, Scotland, Liverpool, Lancaster, Yeovil and London hosted by pillars of the community such as Kone, Fuzzyness, Bloodbowler, Aiko, Lord Rust and others.

Competitive tournaments usually involved a host finding a suitable venue and supplying most of the needed TVs. 'Setups' ie wii+brawl are then brought by the community. Every player brings their own controller. The tournament is ran over an entire day encompassing singles (1 v 1) and doubles. Crews has always been mentioned and may potentially find itself absorbed into this schedule in the future. Housing is normally provided by host and their staff/crew. This is due to the concept that players have travelled a fair distance to said tournament and don't have ability to do it all in one day!

The UK has found itself involved within the European smash scene from the start and have found our players travelling to the likes of France, Sweden and Holland to prove ourselves on the international scale.

I am hoping with brawl that the UK is able to have a larger tournament scene with tournaments occuring more frequently and in a greater variety of locations. If you're interested in going to tournaments please don't be shy in posting enquiries on this thread or contacting me via msn. Please don't be put off by having to travel. Tournaments are well worth it and you can get anywhere in the UK for relatively cheap. Most current players wouldn't think twice about having to coach it somewhere for over ten hours ;)

This thread shall also be used to direct the community to up and coming smash events. For those interested I shall be hosting the first 'large' UK brawl tournament this May. The thread can be found here:- http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144898 . Ask questions here or on that thread if your interested. Check out nationalexpress.com (if you travel through London you can get 'funfares' which are incredibly cheap) or thetrainline.com (purches two singles, 99% likelyhood of being cheaper than a return).

Furthermore I shall be running TKI2 at the end of the Summer. If anyone else is interested in running a tournament then this is the thread to field your thoughts and gather feedback on interest.

-----------------------------

This thread is also designed for online play. Understandbly there are two european friend codes threads floating about. However, with the increasing amount of importers and then the future release of PAL european threads will become far too bulky. This thread will be updated by myself regularly, so that anyone in the UK that wants to be known can be. Post your details in following setup:

Name
Brawl Code
Location (will help people find local players as well)
MSN - AIM - Other Messengers

I have included msn as there needs to be a way to organise matches. Threads like this aren't appropiate and will just become far too spammed. Being able to hit someone up on msn or aim is much easier. I was potentially thinking that when there is enough players mIRC channel would be a good idea?

--------------------------

That is the thread for now. Please instruct any suggestions/criticisms here. I helped the current melee scene to develop and am greatly wanting to do the same for Brawl.Im thinking of writing up articles on the history, players of the UK and competitive smash.

Lastly, anyone from the North East and wants to meet up and play let me know. Im in Sunderland and happy to play at mine (im at Uni) or at others.

------------------------

Codes List

ENGLAND

*Kone
1461-5657-2720
Sunderland
Msn - ceddon@hotmail.com

*Edds
3437-2857-7374
Ipswich, Suffolk
MSN : oo_edds@hotmail.com

*Sonic23 (S23)
4725-7760-7388
Northamptonshire
MSN: anthony_steve23@hotmail.com

*Name: Fuzzyness
Code: 2320-5937-7695
MSN: iamcomputermad@hotmail.com

*FrostByte
0001-3085-0094
London
Frostbyte_2000@hotmail.co.uk

*Name: TetraMaster (TETRA)
Code: 3866-7750-0593
MSN: adamlane89@hotmail.co.uk

Darv
5455-9144-4858
Sudbury, Suffolk
darv@hotmail.co.uk

Puddleface
code: 4210-3810-4996

FoulPlay
5026-4176-9451
Falkirk, Scotland
msn: foulplay224@msn.com

Tails chao (TC)
3480-2281-5306
Surrey/Surbiton
MSN: webmaster@chaomagic.com
AIM: hypertailschao

JellyBelly
2750-0896-9875
Nottingham
super_arrow@live.com

Kensei
1375-6922-5117
msn: Kenseithomas@hotmail.com

*Box
2019-8933-2119
Preston
MSN: kuroneko156@hotmail.co.uk

Gl1tch
3179-5842-8843
At Uni: Newport, Wales
At Home: London, Engand
MSN: supernintendoid@hotmail.com

Name:Faker
Friend Code: 1246-8555-3609
MSN: PSIbyte@hotmail.com

DaV
2191-7459-7425
Norwich, England
david_comerford@hotmail.co.uk

CraigUK
Telford
Code: 1246-8561-2312
MSN: CraigUK37@hotmail.com

Meow
0344-9135-7963
Salisbury, England
MSN: Kris2476@hotmail.com

Aiko
1332-7230-1275
Liverpool + Manchester, England
Fisheatcorn@hotmail.com

Name: Psyniac (PsyLF)
Code: 1934-0408-7484
MSN: madawhite@hotmail.com

auroreon
4210-3721-6324
Cambridge
MSN - auroreon@gmail.com

Laurster
1676-3567-6821
Bournemouth
unscoped_laurster@hotmail.com

Conan
4167-4372-0645
London
Tehehenuin@hotmail.co.uk

Imirik
5412-9674-1975
MSN: kread77@hotmail.com

Bullet Bill
3566-1572-9023
Liverpool

Name: Pugwash
Brawl Code:0044-2644-2499
North of Scotland, Wick.
MSN - AIM - Other Messengers: roberta1945@hotmail.com

piJin
4897-5720-6956
London-England
hijiridok@hotmail.co.uk

Blinky
1160-9469-7898
Bournemouth
MSN - andyjphillips@hotmail.com

Name Lee
Brawl Code 4639-8688-3283
Location LONDON
AIM ohanlonlee

Name: Sidd / SuperBowser
Brawl code: 1203-9032-7377

Name - Neuro
Brawl Code - 4897-5886-5246
Location - Bedford
AIM Neuralskillet, MSN emprudolf@hotmail.com

Ed

COEY

Smash Lord
TKI2!!! Spoilers!!! XP

Nice idea Ed man, I was actually wondering where to link British players i saw floating around on the boards.

Kone

Smash Master
Will: Yeah just direct any british players you see here.

Was thinking that this maybe a place for discussion aswell So if you post your details please say something aswell, even if its down to who you play or whether youd like to participate in tournaments.

Ed

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Lets not make this just posting online info. Anyone up for tournaments? mine specifically >_>
Great thread Ed :). I think I'll come to TKI despite not having played brawl enough. Should be fn anyway.

About TKI2, wouldn't it be a good idea to wait and see if anyone else wanted to host? That way more people will have experience hosting and more locations will make it fairer for people who have to travel really far

Kone

Smash Master
Im happy for others to host ben, Im just making people aware that ill host again in the near future especially if there is a lack of other options. Just showing my intentions are firmly to help the scene get of the ground. I can see there being ALOT of tournament activity after PAL release, but until then it maybe a little starved, hence me stepping in :)

Tournaments happening all of the UK and in Ireland frequently is where I want the brawl scene to end up!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Tails chao (TC)
3480-2281-5306
Surrey/Surbiton
MSN: webmaster@chaomagic.com
AIM: hypertailschao

It was quite a trek when I travelled up north for a Melee tourney, but I may go to a few irl Brawl ones up there.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Alright, I've added everyone so far. Don't be afraid to turn me down if you already have people planned to join your game.

I think we should discuss the ruleset and stage banning for brawl since UK usually drifts off from everyone else a bit here.

I think we should stick to relatively small stages or decrease the timer, because the camping in this game is insane on the wrong stages. I'm looking at those round stages like Spear Pillar, Hyryle, Skyworld (even though breaking the floor to edgeguard is too **** good). Stages that are *too* small should be banned too, Sonic, Fox and Pikachu can kill like under 40% on corneria. Random stages should probably be Bytefield, Yoshi's island, Smashville and maybe FD ( I say maybe because of the ledges).

Just saw the rules in your thread actually Ed. I still think skyworld and corneria should be struck off the list, unless you want pika to **** like never before. I'm fine with that tbh.

Kone

Smash Master
Tails: come to TKI, itll be worth it and you can get involved with the brawl scene from the get go.

Frost : Im looking to be using the current stages for my tournament just havent got wes to update the thread.

Random: Smashville, PS1, Battlefield, FD, Starfox, Yoshis Story

Counter : Castle Siege, Delfino, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Corneria, Luigis Mansion

I maybe missing a few on counter. I dont see how random can be changed. Im happy to have removed skyworld, great sea and elektroplankton. Bit doubtful on removing corneria atm.

Let me know if immissing something.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
yeah I live in london XP...

Brawl FC: 1375-6922-5117
msn: Kenseithomas@hotmail.com

willing to add anyone but I usually always play with no items on and on fair stages.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
super arrow eh? do you play fzero at all sir?

btw- I'm pretty sure there wont be any items on :laugh:
You get a gold star for the reference:)

As well, anyone who knows where Jellybellys from also gets a gold star and one internetz.

I've added everyone in this thread, the only way to get better is to play more people.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Jellybelly....no idea...

anyways I would go to the tournament but I got alot of work to do so I can't maybe the next one ? x__X

anyways jelly want to play im online now?

Kone

Smash Master
Just to let the 'new' (not to be read as a bad term) know that the old guard posting on this thread will be useed not having items. Items are never on at tournaments :)

Kone

Smash Master
Tails : Was talking to charles/fuzzyness today, hes no.1 at melee in the UK and has been for sometime. He said the following;

Charles - Fuzzyness <3 Yuna says:
yeah it dosent with some people
i played tails chao last night, he's got so much ****ing potential
he had a good minset =x
*mindset

so....tails...get yourself to TKI. I know its a distance travel wise, but really want to get fresh faces into the community from the get go!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Mmm, he mentioned it. x)

I've built up mindgames from other games I've played, so I suppose it helps. :p

I'll get to TKI; I think having more than one tourney experience will help me a lot.

bokkusu

Smash Apprentice
I hardly ever play online because it's usually a lagfest and too horrendous but I had some games earlier tonight against FoulPlay and it seemed a lot better since I last played. Have other people found it to be better since the NA version was released or perhaps it was just a really good connection between me and FP. Either way here are my details.

*Box
2019-8933-2119
Preston
MSN: kuroneko156@hotmail.co.uk

Smashboards is always sooooooooooooo slow. craaaaaaaaap forum.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
hmmmmm, out of interest I would personally like to know what the lag is all about. I've played Aiko's online and it's been laggy but it seems odd that box and foulplay, who live a fair bit apart, didn't have it as bad. Is it a time of the day thing or is it something to do with the US release? Just curious

VA

Smash Hero
lol well it's basically about your connection, wired connections will ALWAYS be faster, wireless connections are about connection strength and possible interference of other wireless equipment i.e cordless phone etc

I don't know the details of how smash actually runs in terms of hosting/servers etc. but I've played a fair few people without lag. Frostbyte was the least lag out of everyone.

btw I think Brawl tournament at ALT is an excellent idea, will get everyone fired up for the TKI. Also, last night I saw this thing on tv by people called xleague.tv it was a televised brawl tournament, the commentators were saying how there is a lack of communi ty for smash atm but brawl will boost it loads. I've emailed them to let them know we exist...but it's sky channel 208 on at about 6 oclock on weedays...it might have been a one off though....

Kone

Smash Master
Im sure that weve BB or someone notified us of the xleague before and it didnt lead to any success :(

Id like to participate in a brawl tourney at ALT but i cant really see it being more than a handful of people there that have played it. Not worth me making the trip just for that! esp. since other tournies and time may mean it potentially could not happen.

Robby still missing tki? and ill try play you online later see if it lags much. Played adam yday (after i turned off every electrical equipment in my house) and i didn tlag much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom