• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pokemon Platinum Thread

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
INFO

• Platinum is for release on September 13th, 2008 in Japan.
  • Galactic is still in the game, but their plans (and HQ) have been upgraded.
  • The Battle Frontier is returning.
  • The Wifi Area will now support 20 people at one time.
  • There's now a Swalot machine for Poffin making.

• You can now record matches and send them to friends via WiFi, in the GTS.

• The GTS has been improved--one of the previous screenshots we saw was at the GTS.
  • Shaymin's form changes have been confirmed, and Giratina can only use his Origin Forme in the Torn World not his another forme.

• Sky forme shaymin's ability is Serene Grace; it will focus more on Speed and Special Attack, and knows the move Air slash.
  • Giratina's Origin Form's Ability is Levitate. It is caught at lvl 47.
  • Some of the Pokemon will have new sprites. Confirmed changes include Bidoof, Shaymin, and Giratina's Another Form.
  • The new characters shown last month have been confirmed. One is a member of Galactic and the other is a member of a police force tracking Galactic.
  • Areas such as Eterna City seem to have been refurbished with new foliage and building designs. Other places such as the Canalave Library and the Cycling Road have also changed. Snow is also more prevalent, and is as far south as at least Eterna City.

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzVGW_BLJTA&fmt=18
http://http://pokebeach.com/news/0708/platinum-trailer.html

Credits to Darkslash :) Thanks to Pokebeach

SITES

Serebii Main Page

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Serebii's official Platinum Page

http://www.serebii.net/platinum/

The Regi Factor
-By pre-ordering a ticket for the 11th movie you will be able to catch the regi's in japan. How to get them in the US is unconfirmed
-The regis are at lvl 30
-Regigigas is required in the party to catch them
http://www.serebii.net/platinum/regigigas.shtml

The Shaymin Factor
-To transform shaymin the new item Glacidia's flower will be used
http://www.serebii.net/platinum/shaymin.shtml

Bulbapedia Info

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Platinum_Version
Main Page

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Leaked_CoroCoro_pictures_make_Sky_Forme_official
Credits to Darkslash :)

Official Pokemon Platinum Site

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/platinum/02.html
Credits to Darkslash for finding this :).

My pre-platinum thoughts

I would love a wifi underground and those new 'formes' would be really cool. (deconfirmed}

For those who do not know those forms are from the (up coming?) pokemon movie Giratina and the bouquet of the sky.

The games name is Pokemon platinum (I was think of onyx do to it being a dark jewel, but that might cause confusion with the Pokemon onix) the cover will be the picture of giratina in origin forme.

NEW INCLUSIONS

Battle Frontier-like battle area (confirmed)
Origin Form Giratina (confirmed)
Sky form shaymin (confirmed)
Changed Clothing of Lucas and Dawn (confirmed)
Regis catchable (confirmed)
Legendary birds catchable (confirmed
New Sprites shinnoh dex only (confirmed)
A New way to Make Poffins (swalot machine) (confirmed)
Alternate Ice form Shaymin (deconfirmed)
Underground wifi (deconfirmed)
Sky form Regigigas (deconfirmed)
Volkner no longer leader of Sunshore (deconfirmed)

Pictures

Main Characters
Lucas

Dawn

Pearl/Beary?

Torn World

Others

New Poketch

Semi- Spoiler Pics

RELEASE DATE
Japan: September 13th, 2008 (confirmed) IT's OUT!!!!
America: March 22, 2009

The game can connect automatically to Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl once the player has access to a Pokémon Center. This game, however, is unable to connect with My Pokémon Ranch, but is able to connect to Pokémon Battle Revolution and to Generation III games. It is known that Nintendo plans to release a patch that will allow My Pokémon Ranch to be compatible. It is unknown if the patch will be for Japanese and other language versions of the software or if those outside of Japan will have to wait on their own versions of the patch.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS, DO NOT GO BEYOND THIS POINT!!!

AFTER RELEASE INFO

STORY CHANGES
  • The player meets Professor Rowan and the opposite gender character earlier, and obtains his or her starter Pokémon on Route 201.
  • The first battle is against the player's rival, using the weakness of the chosen starter.
  • The player and the rival now encounter Cyrus at Lake Verity at the start of the game. T
  • he player can also meet Cyrus at different venues such as the Eterna City statue.
  • Dialga and Palkia will both appear on Spear Pillar. Giratina then phases into the dimension in front of Cyrus.
  • A new area known as the Torn World (Japanese: やぶれたせかい Torn World) will be playable. Screenshots depict it with floor-like sections floating at ninety-degree angles from each other, creating an effect similar to the art of M. C. Escher. Another one depicts Lucas surfing downward along a waterfall. Giratina, when here, will be in its Origin Forme. It is unknown if other Pokémon will be wild in the area. A video has shown that the camera angle switches between perspective and isometric views to suit the angle of the player. It also shows moving platforms with jumpable gaps between them.
  • At least two new characters will be added. One is a professor of Team Galactic, and the other is a police officer spying on Team Galactic, using the codename "Handsome" (Japanese: ハンサム).
  • A double battle between Flint and Volkner takes place at the entrance to the Battle Frontier with the player's rival.
  • Team Galactic's plans for world domination and the layouts of their HQs, such as the one in Eterna, have been changed. In addition, Team Galactic openly recognizes its goal and is more openly villainous.
  • Some of the Gym Leaders have been reordered: Fantina is now the third Gym Leader, Maylene is the fourth and Crasher Wake is the fifth.
  • Dawn/Lucas no longer gives the player the Dowsing Machine or the Vs Seeker near the Route 206 Junction; instead he/she meets the player at the entrance to Mt. Coronet.
  • The player is now able to challenge all the Gym Leaders of Sinnoh to rematches and the players tag battle partners from throughout the game (Cheryl, Buck, Marley, Mira and Riley) are also able to be challenged in a restaurant in the Survival Area. They each have a team of 5 Pokémon, whose levels are between 61 and 66.
  • The Elite Four increase their Pokémon's levels after the player visits the Battle Zone and re-challenges them. Their levels are now between 65 and 78.

Changes
  • Lucas, Dawn and Pearl have different outfits designed for colder weather, as the entire Sinnoh region has dropped in temperature.
  • The template for the level, HP, and name of Pokémon in battle is a dark gray instead of white and its shape has changed.
  • The Pokétch has been redesigned. Players can now move up and down between application instead of having to go through all of them to return to a previous one.
  • When Pokémon are sent out from their Poké Balls, the back view animation will have been changed, along with the front view animations. Much like the animations introduced in Pokémon Emerald and carried over to Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, these entry animations will consist of two frames with various distortions to the sprite.
  • When battling certain Trainers such as Gym Leaders and Pearl, their sprites are now animated to move in the same manner as Pokémon.
  • Three gyms have had their appearance changed. Eterna, Hearthome, and Veilstone Gyms have all had complete redesigns.
  • Gym Leader closeups, just before a Gym battle, have been changed from enlarged sprites to higher-quality drawings and the terms VS.
  • When entering new areas, the location 'labels' on the top-left corner have been redesigned, much like they were between Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire and Pokémon Emerald.
  • When first visiting the Resort Area, the player receives a big house. Inside on a table is a book where items for the house can be bought.

Gameplay Changes
  • 59 more Pokémon have been added to the Sinnoh Pokédex to give it a grand total of 210 entries, with all non-legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation IV now included, along with their pre-evolved forms and several other Pokémon. The added Pokémon, such as Rotom and Giratina, are now available prior to the Elite Four challenge.
    Giratina can appear both as Another Forme and Origin Forme in Platinum. It will appear in Origin Forme while in the Torn World, and in Another Forme while out of it. A Platinum Orb is required to transform it to its Origin Forme outside of the Torn World.
  • The ability of Origin Forme is Levitate and its base stats mirror those of Another Forme in that only the offensive stats have been switched with the defensive stats.
  • Shaymin's new Forme is called Sky Forme and takes on a canine appearance. Its ability is Serene Grace and the form is focused on Speed and Special Attack. It will be able to learn new moves like Quick Attack, Air Slash and Leaf Storm.
    Shaymin will be able to change between its two forms via the use of the Glacidea Flower (Japanese: グラシデアのはな). This item will not work at night or if Shaymin is frozen.
  • Rotom has new forms as well. Each of the five forms show Rotom as though it had possessed an electrical appliance. Despite having visual characteristics of other types, they share one of the original Rotom's Electric and Ghost types, whereas their base stats are far higher. They also share the original Rotom's ability: Levitate. These Pokémon are not normally available and are therefore banned from the Battle Frontier and official tournaments. The item to unlock these Pokémon in the game, the Secret Key, will be distributed at retail stores as well as via Wi-Fi, during the period between September 28 and November 4, 2008.
  • Regirock, Regice and Registeel will be catchable at level 30 with the help of an event Regigigas that has been distributed in Japan.
  • The Wi-Fi area has been enhanced with the Wi-Fi Square, which supports up to 20 people at a time. The new area seems to focus exclusively on mini-games, which include Rapid Wobbuffet, where players hit a Wobbuffet, and Merry Mime Jr., players can balance Mime Jr. on a ball.
  • The Poffin making has been modified with a new feature involving a Swalot-shaped machine, into which berries can be thrown. This can be done over Wi-Fi in the new Wi-Fi Square.
  • There is a new key item called the Battle Recorder (given by Handsome when the player first meets him in Jubilife City), which allows players to record battles in which they take part, and share the records with other players over the GTS. Battle records can be rated by other players upon viewing, and the most popular battle records are displayed for all to see. Players can also take pictures of their PC boxes and share them with other players in a similar fashion.
  • The GTS has incorporated an E-mail system that allows players to be notified of completed trades. Notification messages are sent to the player's actual E-mail address.
  • The first Pokémon in your party will be allowed in an expanded Amity Square.
    Over local wireless, there is a new feature where the player and their friends can put their Pokémon eggs in and randomly swap.
  • The Legendary Birds can be found as roaming Pokémon after the National Pokédex is obtained. They roam Sinnoh much like Mesprit and Cresselia do. The player has to talk to Professor Oak in Eterna City to trigger their appearance. They are all at level 60.
  • HM05 (Defog) is now located inside the Solaceon Ruins instead of the Pastoria Great Marsh
    The player can now challenge other trainers in certain Pokemon Centers. The trainer(s) are located in front of the desk.
  • Cynthia now gives the player a Pokémon egg containing Togepi after the player has defeated the Galactic Eterna Building.
  • Bebe now gives the player an Eevee before the player receives the National Dex; Eevee can now be obtained from the first time the player arrives in Hearthome City. It is at Level 20.
  • A man in Veilstone City gives the player a Level 25 Porygon as a gift.
  • Manaphy, while still uncatchable in-game, can be added to the Sinnoh Dex from finding it's picture in a book in the Trophy Garden.

Map Changes
  • A new Battle Frontier takes the place of the Battle Park. It has the Battle Tower, Battle Factory, Battle Castle, Battle Roulette and Battle Stage as venues.
  • Twinleaf Town and nearby Routes now have snow patches.
  • Jubilife City has been refurbished with new pathways and some buildings have animated roof lights.
  • The Global Trade Station in Jubilife City has been redesigned and now includes a bigger global terminal.
  • An arch now represents the entrance to Floaroma Town.
  • Mist is now present in Eterna Forest, but is not eligible for the move Defog to be used to clear it away.
  • Eterna City has been refurbished with new foliage and pathways. Also the Galactic Eterna Building has had a complete redesign, inside and out.
  • Cycling Road has been redesigned and now has tunnel-like shelters in the middle of the Cycle Route.
  • Hearthome City has been refurbished with new pathways.
  • Amity Square has been completely remodeled. It now includes a small lake, more paths and more upper levels.
  • The old buildings that previously inhabited Amity Square now contain Warp Panels which transport the player to the other old buildings within Amity Square.
  • Lost Tower has had its colour scheme changed and now has fog on three of its five floors, which can be cleared by HM05 (Defog).
  • Solaceon Town's houses have been remodeled and the Pokémon Daycare now has a trough filled with water and tent-like shelters.
  • Veilstone City has been refurbished with new pathways. The Galactic Veilstone Building has been redesigned, inside and out. The Veilstone Department Store now has a basement.
  • The Canalave City Library has been redesigned.
  • Sinnoh's climate has changed drastically. Snow is now found as far south as Twinleaf Town, whereas the Battle Zone is now warmer. Palm trees can also be found outside the Battle Frontier.
  • Stark Mountain now actually represents a volcano, showing real lava and a crag.

Many thanks to Bulbapedia and Serebii keep checking back to them for more info on Platinum.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Shaymin getting a new form? Maybe it won't look so worthless anymore.

EDIT: I do not like the name "Pokemon Platinum". I'd also prefer Onyx or even Garnet for Giratina.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
yea an ice/grass shaymin could have potential (depending on if it recives a wider movepool).
Garnet could work to, platnium dosent go with the whole jewel idea the last 2 gens have made. Plus the titles reflected the pokemon (ruby=groudon, saphire=kyogre, emerald=rayquaza) while the D/P series had the pokemon 'wear' the item it was named after (palkia had a pearl on his arms while diagla had a diamond on his chest). I dont see anything 'platinum' about giratina.

Spire

III
BRoomer
yea an ice/grass shaymin could have potential (depending on if it recives a wider movepool).
Garnet could work to, platnium dosent go with the whole jewel idea the last 2 gens have made. Plus the titles reflected the pokemon (ruby=groudon, saphire=kyogre, emerald=rayquaza) while the D/P series had the pokemon 'wear' the item it was named after (palkia had a pearl on his arms while diagla had a diamond on his chest). I dont see anything 'platinum' about giratina.
Garnet seems appropriate because it's somewhat similar to "Giratina", and is a dark-red, which would suit Giratina finely. After all, he does have darkish red "jewels" on his wings in both his origin and another forms. Anyways, one can only speculate. I can't wait to hear news of the new game.

EDIT: To say that if there's a 5th Generation, they should either revert back to colors, or come up with a completely new way to title the games (not colors, metals, or jewels). I like the 'Fire' and 'Leaf' in FireRed and LeafGreen, and the speculative 'Dawn' and 'Dusk' in the future remakes of Gold and Silver. Perhaps they should move on to elements of nature, like the aforementioned terms. They very well could have named the two 4th gen titles "Pokemon: Time" and "Pokemon: Space", while the new one could be "Pokemon: Darkness" or something.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Ugh. Shaymin is going to have SO many problems if it is both grass AND ice.
But the Sky form of Regigas intrigues me. I'd like more info on that one.
Also, Corocoro page with different player and screenshots? Seems official to me...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
^^^ yea thats true shaymin gets a 4x weakness to fire. Mabye he will stay grass type with added ice moves (that would actually be pretty good)

Also they updated with new info, the picture of the character standing infront of what seems like the shadow of giratina (on spear pillar?) seems really cool. Hopefully shaymin,Giratina and regigigas will have something to do storywise instead of just being there.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
^^^ yea thats true shaymin gets a 4x weakness to fire but also gets a 4x resistance to water. Mabye he will stay grass type with added ice moves (that would actually be pretty good)

Also they updated with new info, the picture of the character standing infront of what seems like the shadow of giratina (on sky pillar?) seems really cool. Hopefully shaymin,Giratina and regigigas will have something to do storywise instead of just being there.
Mm...you better look at a weakness/resistance chart for Pokemon types. Ice is "not very effective" vs water, but water is normally effective vs ice. So it would stay as a 2x resistance. It would be nice to be part ice, but if Shaymin were to get an Ice form, I think it'd be better if it were plain ice. I think that would fit quite nicely, don't you?

Yeah, the screenshot looks pretty cool. I wonder if he will appear on Spear Pillar? (Sky Pillar was where Rayquaza was) Maybe they'll pull it off like they did with R/S/E...instead of you fighting one Pokemon or the other to stop uber sun/water, the third Pokemon steps in and stops them. Then you have the opportunity to catch both Dialga and Palkia, as well as Giratina. Although I sort of hope they mix it up, I'd rather not have a Diamond/Pearl/Emerald fusion for the game...which is what it'd be if it were like that. I want something new.

But D/P were really amazing, so I'm really looking forward to a third 4th gen game. I mean, I played D/P for nearly 6 months non-stop before I stopped playing it frequently, and I still play it some, just not very much.

So let's hope this game is real. If it's not, whoever's behind it better start running. :laugh:

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
@ firus

This is what happens when your typing early on in the moring :( I meant to say Spear pillar and I forgot it would be 2x weakness. As for copying the emerald plot, I wouldnt mind to much but I would prefer a diffrent story line. Mabye have it that Giratina has invaded and the only way to stop him is by bringing dialga and palkia, after catching them, to spear pillar where Girantina then transforms into his origin form and takes you to his world. There you battle him and defeat/catch him. If there was something like that or better then that would be cool.

Mewter

Smash Master
Mabye have it that Giratina has invaded and the only way to stop him is by bringing dialga and palkia, after catching them, to spear pillar where Girantina then transforms into his origin form and takes you to his world. There you battle him and defeat/catch him. If there was something like that or better then that would be cool.
What if Giratina's stats were multiplied by 150%? That would be a challenge.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I was looking at the pic carefully and if you look behind the shadow of giratina theres both palika and dialga. What could this mean O.o

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@ firus

This is what happens when your typing early on in the moring :( I meant to say Spear pillar and I forgot it would be 2x weakness. As for copying the emerald plot, I wouldnt mind to much but I would prefer a diffrent story line. Mabye have it that Giratina has invaded and the only way to stop him is by bringing dialga and palkia, after catching them, to spear pillar where Girantina then transforms into his origin form and takes you to his world. There you battle him and defeat/catch him. If there was something like that or better then that would be cool.
I know how you feel...:laugh: I do stuff like that a lot.

That's exactly what I mean; I don't want them to regurgitate the same game with different Pokemon, I want them to change it around a bit so it's not Giratina saving the world from Dialga and Palkia, who are fighting.

What if Giratina's stats were multiplied by 150%? That would be a challenge.
As long as they stay that way after the battle as well. :laugh:

Anyone ever notice how the bad guys are all uber powerful until you actually have them on your side or get to play as them? That irks the hell out of me.

I was looking at the pic carefully and if you ook behind the shadow of giratina theres both palika and dialga. What could this mean O.o
I noticed that too! Actually, someone pointed it out to me, but still...

This probably means that the plot is going to be something like either you or I predicted. In other words, either Giratina's saving the world or Dialga and Palkia are saving the world.

But yeah, this adds a twist. And it's proof that we'll get both Legendaries in Platinum. Not that we didn't expect it, but it confirms it.

Assuming, of course, that the game itself is confirmed.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It would be great if it were true but we can't be sure yet...?

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
ryu, thats the exact same scan that is on serebii. Secondly, serebii now has a higher quality picture of the same page. Some things are easier to see. Thats definately dialga and palkia standing behind an emerging giritina who is standing infront of cyrus on spear pillar. It seems they changed the look of the battle interface and lucas is sporting new clothes, they appear to be blue jacket or shirt with a white backpack. don't quote me on the color of the clothes, my eyes sometimes have trouble distingusing between different colors, so I may not be correct on the clothes. It doesn't confirm the orgin form to have levitate though and simply has a ? ? ?. It looks very good and I hope this is real, from what I've seen, it looks real. the only thing I'm wondering about is the pic where giritina is emerging. The emerging giritina appears to be in its normal form with the large wings and not its orgin form for traveling though demenisions which it appers to be doing. However lucas is shown fighting the orgin form.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
^^^ya another better scan. I originally didnt notice cyrus on the original but its alot clearer. Origin is confirmed as well. Wonder what the diffrences will be, I personally think both look really cool.

Mabye cyrus's plan this time is to instead capture all 3 forms. I hope though it has more of a twist then that.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
ryu, thats the exact same scan that is on serebii. Secondly, serebii now has a higher quality picture of the same page. Some things are easier to see. Thats definately dialga and palkia standing behind an emerging giritina who is standing infront of cyrus on spear pillar. It seems they changed the look of the battle interface and lucas is sporting new clothes, they appear to be blue jacket or shirt with a white backpack. don't quote me on the color of the clothes, my eyes sometimes have trouble distingusing between different colors, so I may not be correct on the clothes. It doesn't confirm the orgin form to have levitate though and simply has a ? ? ?. It looks very good and I hope this is real, from what I've seen, it looks real. the only thing I'm wondering about is the pic where giritina is emerging. The emerging giritina appears to be in its normal form with the large wings and not its orgin form for traveling though demenisions which it appers to be doing. However lucas is shown fighting the orgin form.
Nah, you're right--it's blue with a white backpack.

My guess as to the normal form vs origin form is that maybe it's like Deoxys and can change forms. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say for sure that both the overworld and battle screenshots take place at Spear Pillar...maybe something happens between the two times?

Also, does anyone else notice that Giratina is where Dialga/Palkia appears? I wonder how that'll play out. Is it possible that Giratina is protecting Dialga and Palkia? It almost looks like that.

Fortunately, it doesn't look like the Pokemon are fighting so it probably means it won't be Diamond/Pearl mixed with Emerald's idea of what to do about the Legendaries.

Woah wait, never mind about the two screenshots being different. Just discovered this after some intense looking. Giratina is at level 47 in the battle screenshot. That's the level you fight Dialga and Palkia at in Diamond and Pearl. Meaning that that battle certainly takes place on Spear Pillar. Well, not certainly, as we don't know it for sure...but c'mon, it's practically confirmed. It can't be coincidence.

So the question now is, what does this mean for Dialga and Palkia? Will they be like Groudon and Kyogre? But where would they appear?
Also wait, I beat Emerald a while ago...do you fight Rayquaza at the point where you would get Groudon/Kyogre in their respective versions? I don't remember that happening, but now it's coming to me that I can't exactly remember what happened.

Also, did anyone look at the HP bar for Giratina? It looks really odd...the bar starts about halfway through, and doesn't completely finish, yet the battle hasn't even started (not that that would explain why it doesn't finish). Interesting.

Finally, the fact that Giratina is on Spear Pillar...just more reason why Cresselia had no place on the stage in brawl, and why Giratina should've been the third, if anyone.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Ya what is cresselia doing on spear pillar?
Mabye diagla and palkia were both taken by cyrus and out of nowhere giratina comes to protect them (though that means dialga and palikia will be taking a back seat and will have little to do storywise).
Oh, and yes you catch rayquaza at sky pillar just like ruby and saphire, not at sotopalis (spelling).

Spire

III
BRoomer
Finally, the fact that Giratina is on Spear Pillar...just more reason why Cresselia had no place on the stage in brawl, and why Giratina should've been the third, if anyone.
The only reason as to why they put stupid Cresselia on Spear Pillar rather than Giratina is to hide any "giveaways" about what happens in Platinum. I mean, Darkrai would have been so much more welcomed than... Cresselia. She, and Shaymin are easily the two lamest legendaries ever.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ya what is cresselia doing on spear pillar?
Mabye diagla and palkia were both taken by cyrus and out of nowhere giratina comes to protect them (though that means dialga and palikia will be taking a back seat and will have little to do storywise).
Oh, and yes you catch rayquaza at sky pillar just like ruby and saphire.
I was actually asking if you catch Rayquaza at Sootopolis, where you would normally catch Groudon/Kyogre, but that answers my question anyways. Thanks!

The only reason as to why they put stupid Cresselia on Spear Pillar rather than Giratina is to hide any "giveaways" about what happens in Platinum. I mean, Darkrai would have been so much more welcomed than... Cresselia. She, and Shaymin are easily the two lamest legendaries ever.
True, but still--Giratina is quite widely considered one of the coolest legendaries, would've fit perfectly, and it's not as if it would've given Platinum away at all. I mean, we would never have assumed Cresselia starred in Platinum because she was there. If only for the reason that we would've spontaneously combusted at the thought.

Oh yeah, as for my choice of Pokemon-that-should've-been-on-Spear-Pillar-instead-of-Cresselia, I have to say Arceus. Even if Giratina appears ON Spear Pillar and isn't an Event Pokemon, it would be really awesome if it were Arceus. Although it'd be more awesome if they had a staircase appear, leading to the Hall of Origin, and Arceus makes a cameo appearance in the background there. Just as something that only Pokemainiacs would get. I always love references like that in games. You know, ignoring the fact that Arceus hasn't even been announced, much less has the event been released, by Nintendo yet. :laugh:

OK, well Shaymin is really useless...but at least it's cute. Cresselia is ugly, stupid, annoying to catch, and just...bad. Cresselia just fails all over the place.

Spire

III
BRoomer
True, but still--Giratina is quite widely considered one of the coolest legendaries, would've fit perfectly, and it's not as if it would've given Platinum away at all. I mean, we would never have assumed Cresselia starred in Platinum because she was there. If only for the reason that we would've spontaneously combusted at the thought.

OK, well Shaymin is really useless...but at least it's cute. Cresselia is ugly, stupid, annoying to catch, and just...bad. Cresselia just fails all over the place.
Well of course Giratina is one of the coolest legendaries ;) But it's the fact that he bears such striking resemblance to Palkia and Dialga - whereas Cresselia does not. Even before we learned of the Spear Pillar stage, suspicion of Giratina being the mascot of the third 4th Gen game was very high - almost to the point that we knew it would be. I would have much rather had Giratina on Spear Pillar than Cresselia - the sky would turn a dark red rather than blue or purple, and man -- it would just be awesome.

Cresselia is one of the ugliest Pokemon I have ever seen. From the first time I ever laid my eyes upon it, I have puked everyday since.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Cresselia is one of the ugliest Pokemon I have ever seen. From the first time I ever laid my eyes upon it, I have puked everyday since.
Yeah, that's pretty much the case...

What the hell is Cresselia anyways? A bundle of crescents?

Bet its favorite food is crescent rolls. :laugh: OK, end bad joke.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Looks like this game will come out until next year for the U.S. I like how they made the underground wifi.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Looks like this game will come out until next year for the U.S. I like how they made the underground wifi.
Yeah, looks like.

But don't necessarily assume that the Underground is WiFi...even if the game is confirmed, we don't know that it's definitely including everything that was stated. We have no proof of it thus far. The only proof we have says that Giratina's Origin Form's ability is "???" so there's no hard evidence, just hearsay.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Arceus wouldnt be on spear pillars because he, I believe, hasnt been confirmed yet by nintendo. Though They could have announceed him specially for brawls. If not Girantina still would have been a better choice.

The game is supposed to have an august ralease for japan. So you can expect it to come out in, knowing nintendo, february or march for US and Canada -.-

I think underground wifi would be amazing and from what serebii and other pokemon news places are saying, it will lkely be in. Come on, who dosent want to play capture the flag with people far away.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Arceus wouldnt be on spear pillars because he, I believe, hasnt been confirmed yet by nintendo. Though They could have announceed him specially for brawls. If not Girantina still would have been a better choice.
Yeah, I mentioned that in my post. He has yet to be announced.

The game is supposed to have an august ralease for japan. So you can expect it to come out in, knowing nintendo, february or march for US and Canada -.-
If that early. But yeah, probably; D/P came out in late September in Japan, late April in US/Canada, so that makes sense.

I think underground wifi would be amazing and from what serebii and other pokemon news places are saying, it will lkely be in. Come on, who dosent want to play capture the flag with people far away.
It would make sense, but it won't necessarily happen. It would've made sense in D/P too, but they didn't have it in there, and it was completely possible.

Also my friend brought up a good point about that today...would you be able to turn off WiFi? Would it be WiFi only, so you can't do wireless if you want to?
But most importantly...Wireless lags on D/P already. If we have WiFi and you can't enter the Underground normally/with Wireless, it's going to be really painful. Like, REALLY painful.

They couldn't really make it WiFi only though, because then people without WiFi can't get certain items. So they'll probably find a way.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
there probably be a thing that before saving asks you how you would want to enter wireless,wifi or solo. Wifi only would ruin it because my cousins dont have it (they do but it dosent work) and they love to play wireless with me. Lag may cause problems but then again it will likely be better then brawls.

I was looking at the new platinum section on serebii ad you were right. Origin Giratina health seems like half and the bar is sort of poping out (plus the colour is diffrent).

Man I have to start reading posts more carefully :p.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I know this is late but where are you hearing things about these "new forms"?
It's not 100% confirmed, but...

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml said:
In the run up to Thursday's CoroCoro release, info is likely to be leaked. As such, the japanese blog, blue skY, a blog that got some info right prior to DP's release (also got some stuff wrong), has reported some new info said to be from CoroCoro. It's entirely possible that this is not true, especially as they themselves cast some doubt upon it, but here's the info as you do have a right to know:

Pokémon Platinum, set for September release. Giratina on the box
Volkner no longer gym leader of Sunyshore City
The Underground is now Wi-Fi enabled
An island called Battle Island, works in the same manner as the Battle Frontier
Several new Pokémon 'forms' exist in the game; Giratina's Origin Form, Regigigas' Sky Form, Shaymin's Another Form
Edit @ 13:56 BST: Thanks to slowkingsley on the forums, we have some further info regarding these translated. Giratina & Regigigas' new forms are said to be able to get the Levitate ability and Shaymin's Another form may be at least part Ice Type

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ooh...I just realized that Platinum is going to get pretty annoying as the game name...

Think about it; we refer to the generations by either their number, or by R/B/Y, G/S/C, and R/S/E. With fourth generation, it's now going to be D/P/P. Ugh...

/randomness

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just noticed that the Gen I games spell ruby with out the U o_0

R/B/Y=Rby-U

/randomness?
Was that making fun of me?

It just annoys me that it has two of the same letter....

drcossack

Smash Ace
Firus: New version of the Battle Frontier?

Awesomeness. I'll be a lot happier if I'm not limited to level 50 Pokemon. That restriction in the D/P Battle Tower annoyed me to no end. I wanted to see what my team was capable of doing when they were at their best, not half strength.

Either way, I'll be using my AR from the outset.

Is that Dialga AND Palkia? That huge shadow is obviously Giratina.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Y-Y-YAHOO!

GIRATINA. FOR THE. WIN.

...Sorry, I had to.

Looks like this next game is gonna pwn. Giratina... Oh how I wanted thou on Spear Pillar...

It would be nice if there would've been a minor cameo for Arceus, like his sillouette appearing in the clouds. :O

This game is gonna be epic.

T-major

Smash Champion
sweet! this is turning out to be a good third version! I like Giratina's new Origin form, too (more than it's original, I'd say. but they're both cool)

I'd like to see how the story plays out with the changes. by the looks of things, I'd say that Giratina's protecting Palkia and Dailga... but... to me, that seems odd. because in D/P, they didn't need any help protecting themselves... and that fact that BOTH of them at the SAME TIME need help must mean that Team Galaxy has some new tricks too make them need it...

Yeah, I mentioned that in my post. He has yet to be announced.
if he isn't announced, yet still in the game, I assume that people ned to hack the game to get Arceus, am I right?

Top Bottom