• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pokemon Platinum Thread

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
possibly. But seeing Cyrus summons BOTH Diagla AND Palkia I think thats gonna be a hard one. Seeing that they live in the Space rift....yea..
well i mean after you beat the elite 4. they did that for emerald. and seeing dialga and palkia there makes me speculate that we will capture them later. it looks like you battle giratina instead. no complaints there. i hope this comes out soon. (i don't have a palkia so i can't wait to capture one. :chuckle:)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That's why we should never be allowed to put them in a little ball.
I second that.

But you know Nintendo will let us catch both anyways. My question is how they appear...? Maybe you see news reports about strange happenings around Mt. Coronet and you go up to Spear Pillar and find them?

...I don't know, I can't come up with a reasonable way to catch them.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I second that.

But you know Nintendo will let us catch both anyways. My question is how they appear...? Maybe you see news reports about strange happenings around Mt. Coronet and you go up to Spear Pillar and find them?

...I don't know, I can't come up with a reasonable way to catch them.
Ya I was wondering that to, unlike emerald's legendaries, Dialga, palkia have no real attribute that would allow you to know (unlike groudon who was the master of land and kyogre who was master of water). Plus R/S/E had a weather station; D/P/P have nothing.

BYW I remember watching the show when I was little and I recall that the pokeball was actually a whole world that changes depending on the pokemon. Though I bet that was just to make sure they dont get sued by animal cruelty :laugh:

Patinator

Smash Champion
Ya I was wondering that to, unlike emerald's legendaries, Dialga, palkia have no real attribute that would allow you to know (unlike groudon who was the master of land and kyogre who was master of water). Plus R/S/E had a weather station; D/P/P have nothing.
Well, there could be some kind of cool time and space distortion... Just imagine going to a place where time has stopped...

Oh wait, that's been done before. XD

BYW I remember watching the show when I was little and I recall that the pokeball was actually a whole world that changes depending on the pokemon. Though I bet that was just to make sure they dont get sued by animal cruelty :laugh:
I'd love for Platinum to go more in-depth as to how huge Pokemon like Wailord and Steelix fit inside them. I mean, there was an episode where a giant Gulpin wouldn't fit in a normal Pokeball, so...

Darkslash

Smash Master

Well seeing Diagla is the master of time and Palkia is the master of space, they could make it so that there is a space rift and you go to reverse world XD

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, there could be some kind of cool time and space distortion... Just imagine going to a place where time has stopped...

Oh wait, that's been done before. XD
Wind Waker reference for the win. (I assume that's what you're referring to, with Hyrule Castle.)

Well seeing Diagla is the master of time and Palkia is the master of space, they could make it so that there is a space rift and you go to reverse world XD
Eh...no.

My friend and I have both agreed on something; you should not go into an inverse world in Platinum. That was on the topic of getting Giratina, but I don't think it should happen at all. God knows how that'll work, but...no inverse world.

Spire

III
BRoomer
My friend and I have both agreed on something; you should not go into an inverse world in Platinum. That was on the topic of getting Giratina, but I don't think it should happen at all. God knows how that'll work, but...no inverse world.
You would find Majora. Then you die.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
Wind Waker reference for the win. (I assume that's what you're referring to, with Hyrule Castle.)

Eh...no.

dude its just a game. it can be anything. if they want an inverse world, then let them have it. it'll be cool to explore such a place. :chuckle:

mynameishector

Smash Rookie
dude its just a game. it can be anything. if they want an inverse world, then let them have it. it'll be cool to explore such a place. :chuckle:
if your gonna start talking about stuff, you should probably learn what your talking about. and please stop inviting spammers to the smash boards. its getting annoying:urg:

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
if we were to face dialga and palkia seperately later on in the game, then we would go to different dimensions. for dialga, it would be somewhere in the past. an ancient mountain or temple maybe? palkia, we would probably be in space or somewhere close to it. its just like kyogre and groundon. groundon was in a mountain, kyogre was in the sea. get my point?

mynameishector

Smash Rookie
if we were to face dialga and palkia seperately later on in the game, then we would go to different dimensions. for dialga, it would be somewhere in the past. an ancient mountain or temple maybe? palkia, we would probably be in space or somewhere close to it. its just like kyogre and groundon. groundon was in a mountain, kyogre was in the sea. get my point?
I can see what your saying, but it's really not our choice. Whatever the game programmers do, they do. It would be cool if they implemented this in Platinum, but we don't kno for sure, but I guess we have to wait and see ^_^

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
if your gonna start talking about stuff, you should probably learn what your talking about. and please stop inviting spammers to the smash boards. its getting annoying:urg:
Your anger had no reason.

He knew whathe was talking about and has way more posts the you.

mynameishector

Smash Rookie
Your anger had no reason.

He knew whathe was talking about and has way more posts the you.
I wasn't angry in any way. And also, just because he has more posts then me, doesn't know more then me. He's just been here longer, and if he was here saying what I said, and I had more posts then him, you would be siding with me. Don't give your support to people, just because they have more posts.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't angry in any way. And also, just because he has more posts then me, doesn't know more then me. He's just been here longer, and if he was here saying what I said, and I had more posts then him, you would be siding with me. Don't give your support to people, just because they have more posts.
just drop it. you're getting bad rep around here.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
To end this fight I will say I have moar postz thenz all of zyou, thats what I would have said if I wanted to continue the fight. Anyway guys just drop it.

I was thinking what if they added that you could walk with any pokemon in amity square, who wouldnt want to walk with dialga :p. Plus they would make the square bigger and bigger pokemon = bigger size of picture. But alas it shall remain a pipe dream.....

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Uh, no... I was referencing the, um, newest Pokemon games...

...Regardless, I'm still win. :laugh:

Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina for tiny little Pokeball!
When do you go to a place where time has stopped in the new Pokemon games? I don't remember that.

By that logic, the fact that it's a game means they can do anything and it works. And I beg to differ. Yes, an inverse world would be interesting, but it's illogical that a 10 year-old can catch these legendary beings, much less discover a new dimension. I mean, that's just illogical to the max.

To end this fight I will say I have moar postz thenz all of zyou, thats what I would have said if I wanted to continue the fight. Anyway guys just drop it.
Yeah, I agree; especially since I can beat you all in posts:p. Just drop the fight, this is for discussing Pokemon, not for arguing amongst yourselves about silly things like who should be listened to, based on or not based on post count.

I was thinking what if they added that you could walk with any pokemon in amity square, who wouldnt want to walk with dialga :p. Plus they would make the square bigger and bigger pokemon = bigger size of picture. But alas it shall remain a pipe dream.....
That's a cool idea. I mean, okay, it's kind of cool that you can do it period, but who really wants to walk with only what Nintendo has deemed "Cute" Pokemon (Even though it's 100x more likely that they were just too lazy to slap together too many more sprites; most of those in Amity square have an overworld sprite regularly, in one place or another, I believe.) But yeah, I'm all for this. Except maybe some water Pokemon. As funny as it would be to flatten everyone around with his massive size, Wailord doesn't really work for walking around.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
That's a cool idea. I mean, okay, it's kind of cool that you can do it period, but who really wants to walk with only what Nintendo has deemed "Cute" Pokemon (Even though it's 100x more likely that they were just too lazy to slap together too many more sprites; most of those in Amity square have an overworld sprite regularly, in one place or another, I believe.) But yeah, I'm all for this. Except maybe some water Pokemon. As funny as it would be to flatten everyone around with his massive size, Wailord doesn't really work for walking around.
I have an idea how about limit the size, so huge pokemon cant go (except possibly legendaries). Kind of like the skipping game in FR/LG except the max size wold be about 20 ft.

Oh and I just checked serbii and it turns out the shaymin form was a hoax :(. I actually dont mind I would prefer if shaymin wasnt flying type. Ice types (which are pretty common due to dragons, and garchomps) would kill him and plus 3 flying alterations seems stupid (although giratina isnt one he still has a supposed, levitate).

That brings up another thing. If giratina's type/ability (dont remember which one) is ??? then he is the first pokemon to have the same thing as curse. It could possibly mean that they will revieal the mystery plate for arceus.

Wrath`

Smash Master
If the new Giritina is a ??? type, then what would the weaknesses/strenghths be? Would it be just like a dark/ghost were nothing is super effective?

I would luagh if out of nowhere a new deoxeys form was created.....

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well, Firus, you...

You go to the future, where time is stopped. And after you beat Time/Darkness, you go the Space Rift, where Palkia is.

XACE-K: Yeah, I think they do. I wouldn't really know. ^_^;

LethalFishEater

Smash Rookie
^^^ sp. Atk and sp. Def Deoxys?? Mabye a HP deoxys, I wonder what that would look like.....
I would think that HP Deoxys looks Chansey/Blissey-ish, because they both have loads of HP. And don't the Attack and Defense forms raise specials too? or do you mean a form specifically for Special Att/Def and a form specifically for physical att/def?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I would think that HP Deoxys looks Chansey/Blissey-ish, because they both have loads of HP. And don't the Attack and Defense forms raise specials too? or do you mean a form specifically for Special Att/Def and a form specifically for physical att/def?
I ment a super strong sp. atk and super strong sp. def. Then again I DONT want that to happen.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well, I for one, am completely psyched for this game. The 3rd game is always the best in each generation.
yup, crystal and emerald were the better ones.
I wonder tho why FR and LG never got a third game like ocean blue..hmm

Also I want some of the ole Jhoto berries to make a comeback.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman

I don't know why they didn't either. But IF they made a remake of all the old pre-GBA games (G/S/C), I would be quite happy, even more if they made one giant pokemon game that contained all the previous generations. Not counting that, Platinum should be quite amazing. It's just like the way Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald still managed to surprise you, even though you had already played the 2 previous games. I'm quite positive that Platinum will "keep you on your toes" throughout the entire game.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That brings up another thing. If giratina's type/ability (dont remember which one) is ??? then he is the first pokemon to have the same thing as curse. It could possibly mean that they will revieal the mystery plate for arceus.
If the new Giritina is a ??? type, then what would the weaknesses/strenghths be? Would it be just like a dark/ghost were nothing is super effective?
I got the impression that "???" means "We're not telling you yet", not "??? type".

Well, Firus, you...

You go to the future, where time is stopped. And after you beat Time/Darkness, you go the Space Rift, where Palkia is.
Oh, THOSE new Pokemon games. I thought you were talking about the real games.
I haven't played Mytery Dungeon Time/Darkness, nor do I intend to, since the first one was such a disappointment.

Yeah, the only place I think the third wasn't the best was first generation. Yellow was too oriented towards the TV show, which was only remotely good for the first season. I've always thought Pikachu was overrated simply because he was in the TV show...

And I wish you could've picked Eevee in Yellow. I totally would've. Eevee for the win.

But yeah, Emerald was a lot better than R/S, which I think were pretty good in the first place. Crystal, I'm going to have to just go along with everyone else on this one, since the Crystal Version I bought recently won't hold a save file. If I want to get anywhere, I have to do it in one run.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
But yeah, Emerald was a lot better than R/S, which I think were pretty good in the first place. Crystal, I'm going to have to just go along with everyone else on this one, since the Crystal Version I bought recently won't hold a save file. If I want to get anywhere, I have to do it in one run.
The internal memory card of the game was probably corrupted. I don't want to sound like an idiot, by asking the obvious, but was the game pre-owned?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The internal memory card of the game was probably corrupted. I don't want to sound like an idiot, by asking the obvious, but was the game pre-owned?
Yeah. I'm pretty mad at GameStop for selling it; they probably got lazy, tested it to see if you could actually start the game, MAYBE actually went somewhere, and then stopped testing it. I would've tried to return it, but by the time I actually got around to trying it the third time (one time to save once, the second time to think I just forgot to save and try again, the third time to test over and over again to find out the Save feature didn't work) it was too late to return it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

I would have prefered an thunder yellow. Aqua blue would have been just like FR/LG but with changed sprites. That brings up another thing, wont all the pokemon get changed sprites like all 3rd games in the generation. I hope they make the sprites move cooler, like crystal, each one was diffrent in its own way. While the newer games have some really cool ones but theres a lot of ones were all the pokemon does is shack and roar :ohwell:

Top Bottom