• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
man this will be my 2nd jokers that i have missed
i suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk D::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

people should come for the yugioh regional and davids melee tourny on sunday next week in omaha :3
this would be my first time missing a monthly since im super busy all the time now. as soon as i get that full time job at Citi then i can play more games ironically. hopefully no more night shift work soon. i was considering goin to the regionals in omaha with greg to hang out when he brought it up but my family is having a big asian party that weekend and i work so its a no go for me. ;_;

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Well, Charlie is planning on being there at his "usual time" which I guess is around 3 or so. He has to leave at around 9 so yeah.

Also, I may have gotten some Chicago area players to come, but I don't know if they're until they get there.

RMZ

Smash Cadet
Evidently stuck up north, so we won't be making it at all. :/
Then there is no point in us coming then. We were only coming for the match with her. Ugh I guess you'll see us premier some other time.

RMZ

Smash Cadet
Whoop Whoop! Just made $100! (Yard Sale sold some of my ceramics from high school.)

XD I already knew my *** was gonna get handed to me. My cousin was just going for the match with Afraiyal since she was the one who challenged him. No Afraiyal= No reason to go= No ride for me and my lil bro.

Oh yeah he's willing to go up to Ames to fight ya Becca or if you want to meet him at Joker's that's cool with him too. But he won't be able to come in the tourney 2 weeks from now since he has a UFC fight planned.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
**** YESSSSSSSSS!

WEEE RAAAAAAAPEEEEE! Astronomical odds AND max stats. Who needs to be at Joker's tonight was LEGENDARY!

I still can't believe it ksjklfdjkljrgkrjkgj we were even LOOKING FOR IT. WHAT'RE THE ODDS OF FINDING SOMETHING YOU'RE ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR?

resTy

Smash Champion
Brawl Singles:
1: Moe (MK)
2: Joker (Snake)
3: YoshQ (Luigi)
4: Pariah (DDD/Wolf)
5: Trent (Sonic)
5: Nappy (Snake) [unsure]

Melee Singles (was tiny and insignificant):
1: Tyser (Fox/Sheik)
2: Amanze (Samus/Fox)
3: Captain Love (Sheik/Falcon)
4: Schism (Peach/Zelda)
5: Joker (Link)
5: Jayford (Link/Jigglypuff)

Was something like that...

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Brawl Singles:
1: Moe (MK)
2: Joker (Snake)
3: YoshQ (Luigi)
4: Pariah (DDD/Wolf)
5: Trent (Sonic)
5: Nappy (Snake) [unsure].
Is this the one from Sherman's?

You guys should discuss the date for the next monthly gogogo.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Actually, I dont think I got 5th. I think it was trent or something. I played all snake too if I actually got that.

YOSHQ HAD AN EASY *** BRACKET D: <

oh wow just looked and saw trent in there anyways. oh well

lol tyser I didn't realize I was supposed to mm you or something if I talked **** on the boards it was just me trolling, I'll actually mm you for nothing too big next time I'm up there if you want, I'm not that good but I dont mind playing good people to improve. Melees just not something I really practice or care about like I do with brawl

I'm kinda angry at the bracket. Early on I had to play yoshQ who I lost to for the 1st time in tournament out of like 6-7 matches....lol. My fault tho. -___- then right after had to play moe, both people I came with. This was like round 2 and 3 I think. Didn't know I'd have to play these people so early if the seeding had been better

/pointless white kid rant

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Nappy, I think I did a really good job seeding actually. Especially without pools being done. When people go to loser's bracket no one can predict who they might end up playing. The fact that you had to play Moe in losers was totally random and couldn't have been foreseen before it happened. When both you and Moe were sent to loser's that early random things happen.

As for playing Yoshq: It was a 3rd round match. I made sure people from the same areas didn't play each other as well as I could. That is why of the four people you came with 2 were on one side and the other 2 were on the other.

You were probably semi-trolling with that post, so I will acknowledge that fact now so you don't have to :)

gantrain05

Smash Master
trent and kalel? the wolf player i think got 5th, i got 7th, i think you are 9th nappy, but i could be wrong, and yoshq didn't really get an easy bracket at all lol. he had me first round, he beat me, i know he played razor, beat him, beat you, i'd say he earned his 3rd place.

napZzz

Smash Hero
yoshQ sucks I was the only hard match he played besides moe way later on he shouldn't have lost to joker ************

I'll be back next month to steal everyones money! I SWEAR ILL DU IT

for real it was fun though and I wanna come to these more

§chizm

Smash Lord
Results
Doubles:

1: Go to Misty Mountain
2: Misty Mountain
3: Why So Serious?
4: Go Smash Crew
5: Peaches and Cream
5: 2 Fast To Be Banned
7: Missing No
7: Milkshake Silk
9: Sex
9: Pecking Order

1: Minnesota Moe
2: Joker
3: Yoshq
4: Pariah
5: Trent
5: Amanze
7: Kalel
7: Jlo
9: Bizbany
9: Nappy
9: Twink
9: Jayford
13: NGamer3k
13: Zash
13: Dcoy
13: Neon
17: Bnana
17: Tyser
17: Enima
17: Schism
17: Raven
17: Level 1 Jacob
17: Mook
17: Popo
25: Yojo

Melee:
1: Tyser
2: Amanze
3: Greg
4: Schism
5: Jayford
5: Joker
7: Zash
7: Minnesota Moe
9: Mook
9: Nick
9: Twink
9: Trent
13: Jlo
13: BEES?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Rebecca has a boyfriend FYI.. Don't try to be creeps..

Also, GGs everyone. Melee was dece...

Do I want to know?

Anyway, what's the tentative date for next tourney? Will it be late June? Also, I'll be able to host games/bi-weeklies coming up soon.. get my apartment Tuesday <3 Anyone who'll be around Thursday is invited to stop by at some point, we're having a "house warming party"

§chizm

Smash Lord
Do I want to know?

Anyway, what's the tentative date for next tourney? Will it be late June? Also, I'll be able to host games/bi-weeklies coming up soon.. get my apartment Tuesday <3 Anyone who'll be around Thursday is invited to stop by at some point, we're having a "house warming party"
Well no one's really said anything about the next monthly, but I would assume it would be late June if there is one (Probably the 19th or 26th?).

Getting an apartment somewhere in Ames I'm assuming?

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
GGs to everyone. Had so much fun like always even though I didn't have a chance to play any casuals for Brawl. IC will be leveled up by the next one and hopefully the whole crew will be able to make it.

If there's melee for a buck or a RR again, I'll enter it. Playing it for first time in years has piqued my interest.

Sakura is broken. Ban her.

EDIT: Next bi-monthly: Triforce tier tourney + Jiggs + Falcon. Do it.

resTy

Smash Champion
Do I want to know?
Don't worry. I'm just doing mindgames...

If there's melee for a buck or a RR again, I'll enter it. Playing it for first time in years has piqued my interest.
Melee hype :')

As for the monthly, it'd be cool if it was next month (July), but I don't wanna be a selfish douche.
I think this weekend Nebraska is having a Smashfest Tournament (Melee Only) then we're
having Sherman's the next weekend then I've gotta go to a funeral in Minnesota then
Nebraska is going to Indiana for POE3 and you guys are going to MLG I believe.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hey, I'll do melee at the next Joker's. I'll use the doc.

I should actually be able to come to one in June or July, probably even August. I miss you guys.

Top Bottom