• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Yeah, just ship em to Greg or Christian and I'll snag em at the monthly.
You're mah ninja, Anthony.

- Tysah!
hey tyser i have the workout calender for u. just pm me ur email address and print it out and ur good to go. i'll give greg the entire workout tomorrow so he can pass it on over to u

Cook

Smash Master
Guys, guess what???

We're not coming now...

Me and Nicole both just got jobs and she has to work on Saturday.

Booooooooo!!!

But Blank, my friend will be in Des Moines June 4-6, so tell me a way she can get a hold of you and I will have her do that when she is there and you guys can work out a deal maybe.

Sorry guys...

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Guys, guess what???

We're not coming now...

Booooooooo!!!

But Blank, my friend will be in Des Moines June 4-6, so tell me a way she can get a hold of you and I will have her do that when she is there and you guys can work out a deal maybe.

Sorry guys...
Alright well I probably will get back late on June 5th, so June 6th she should probably call my mom's cellphone which I will PM to you.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Yo Joker, Charlie is bringing a dedicated SUPER 360 set up, but what time is good for him to show up?
Well he usually didn't show up till later before so whatever time he usually shows up? Probably anytime in the later afternoon after we get the tournament actually going.
Guys, guess what???

We're not coming now...

Booooooooo!!!

Sorry guys...

Who's going to this?
I'm not sure, I've been asking that for like two weeks now. I'm really unsure who is coming OoS.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Hey if anyone is up for games tonight let me know. I'm probably going to stop by Joker's place for a little bit around 8:30 or so after work. I'll only be there for a couple hours at the most though.

Also apparently four of those guys from Lamoni are coming tomorrow.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
That white legendary is pretty sweet. They remind me of something you'd see in an NIS RPG or something, like Final Fantasy summons streamlined into pokemanz.

Can't really say I never expected Pokemon to eventually go that direction.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Bad news you guys...I won't be able to goto MLG :-( This test it getting too hectic to study for and I'm gonna need all the time I can get. I won't be able to drive 10 / 11 hours there play the weekend and drive 10 / 11 hours back all by myself. I was counting on having 2 or 3 other drivers, but since my lil brother probably won't be coming (I find out for sure Tuesday) and my significant other can't get off work. That leaves pretty much just me, and I can't do that long of a drive without facing the consequences later. If you guys can think of an alternative plan, let me know, but as of now I am forced to bail.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im bringin 2 more guys, lvl 1 and some other dude, dunno if they are gonna enter, but they told me they want to come so.....maybe?

RMZ

Smash Cadet
Hey just asking is anyone bringing any other games to play more specifically some kind of fps?
Anyone with mad skills in shooters my cousin wants to fight.

Just asking cause after the match with Afrayail he may not stick around long but if there is a fps he can play or at least street fighter/mortal combat he'll stay longer :p

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Sorry, we haven't been in town this week.

Are we doing singles first, or doubles? Connor and I will be heading down in the morning but it's still like a 4 hour drive, but expecting 1-2pm arrival. @.@

Pokemon update: My sis got a hold of a Japanese ditto (yay breeding), and she traded me the shiny graveler she found awhile ago (yay shiny golem)

RMZ

Smash Cadet

Are we doing singles first, or doubles? Connor and I will be heading down in the morning but it's still like a 4 hour drive, but expecting 1-2pm arrival. @.@

Pokemon update: My sis got a hold of a Japanese ditto (yay breeding), and she traded me the shiny graveler she found awhile ago (yay shiny golem)
Lol speak of the devil. So does that mean no ride from you? It's no problem since my cousin is going he'll give me and my lil' bro a ride.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Lol speak of the devil. So does that mean no ride from you? It's no problem since my cousin is going he'll give me and my lil' bro a ride.
Yeah, I think you're on the opposite side of town from where we're staying anyway. I assumed since more people were going from your side, you had a ride though.

RMZ

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I think you're on the opposite side of town from where we're staying anyway. I assumed since more people were going from your side, you had a ride though.
With me and going out to places apply Murphy's Law. My parents are really over protective.

Again anyone bringing a fps?

gantrain05

Smash Master
With me and going out to places apply Murphy's Law. My parents are really over protective.

Again anyone bringing a fps?
i don't think i've seen anyone playin a fps at jokers, other than reese who i haven't seen there playin one for like a year.

RMZ

Smash Cadet
Ah I see hmm then I guess my cousin is leaving early so that means me and my brother also. XD

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
K so as for the tourney goes there isn't going to be that many OoS people specially for Brawl I can think of just 2-3 people OoS for Brawl so yeah.

As for Melee the tourneys tend to just be like a $1 since no one around here will enter unless is for a buck and when Melee is $5 it tends to just be Omaha ^.^

So yeah this monthly may be kinda of small >.<

@Ngamer: If Charlie wants to show up around 8ish I think it should be fine since I don't really know how big this monthly is going to be o.0

@RMZ: Yeah my friend Reese play FPS so maybe if I can get a hold of him he may show but IDK, also since the tourney takes priority there probably won't be any TVs open till around 8 or so if that plus your cousin will have to bring the system and games too. By the way which game since I think he prefers Call Of Duty or Halo I believe o.0

Uli

Smash Champion
man this will be my 2nd jokers that i have missed
i suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk D::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

people should come for the yugioh regional and davids melee tourny on sunday next week in omaha :3

Amanze

Smash Apprentice
So, is Chexr and Flux and Sparrow coming to this then?
Because that would be randomly epic. *stoked
Our A Squad is currently unavailable. But our C Squad of Kjell, Ayman, and myself will be there.

resTy

Smash Champion
Ah. Just wondering, is Nappy coming too?
I still gotta $20 money match that kid in Melee.

hey tyser I'm better than you at melee and I dont even play that game. Get@me
$100 MM, unless you're a scared pussy.
Let's all compromise and make it $20.
teach me how to play melee (you guys know where I'm lacking) and I'll mm this guy for something around that amount next time we're in the same area
Gotta get dat money :')

§chizm

Smash Lord
Hey just asking is anyone bringing any other games to play more specifically some kind of fps?
Anyone with mad skills in shooters my cousin wants to fight.

Just asking cause after the match with Afrayail he may not stick around long but if there is a fps he can play or at least street fighter/mortal combat he'll stay longer :p
I play tons of FPS, mostly Counter-Strike/L4D2. But I only play them on PC (other than Perfect Dark I guess) cause I'm not gutta trash.
There will be Street Fighter there however.

It's going to be doubles first.

Yulai I'd probably show up next Sunday if someone else was going.

Amanze

Smash Apprentice
Yea, Kjell=Nappy and Ayman=Moe. Were trying to make a push toward a first name basis out here in Minnesota =/.

Amanze

Smash Apprentice
Also, I really do hope Melee does happen in some adequate form. Even if its only 6-8 people.

resTy

Smash Champion
I don't even know whose gonna be running Melee since our guy isn't coming this time.
If someone has a laptop or just a sheet of paper, I can do the shindig.
I would prefer it if someone else stepped up though as I'm a lazy douche ;P

Top Bottom