• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

KBM

Smash Ace
i can't wait to get to gainesville and get better. *sigh*

masky, lio, mampam, im moving in on sunday. we gotta chill.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Brawl is mad gay
Fixed for accuracy.

And Yeah I think there should be a mathematical standard for how Money matches count for the PR. Do they have to involved mains etc? I beat Gmoney in a 1$ Money match Diddy vs. Wario. Does that count? I think this should be specified.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hey Florida :]

I was wondering why GMoney isn't on the PR anymore. Apologies for not keeping up with Florida's scene.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Fixed for accuracy.

And Yeah I think there should be a mathematical standard for how Money matches count for the PR. Do they have to involved mains etc? I beat Gmoney in a 1$ Money match Diddy vs. Wario. Does that count? I think this should be specified.
Lade.... lol MMs do NOT count.... for the most part (esp. the small ones).; the only time they're put into consideration is when there's a potential "tie" and in that case it's only used to examine "consistency" (which is an idea based primarily on opinion and NOT fact) -- if there was a player that beat every person on the PR in multiple MMs (preferably ones worth more than a McDouble edit: so that there's a real incentive) but lost in every tournament.... that player would NOT be on the PR... and i say this as a former panelist (before i quit cause this crap is dumb to argue over) -- obviously the use of mains can be important but that doesn't really matter as i already said

in short, **** doesn't count (for the most part)

mostly placings in tournies lately is the reason, and he hardly cares about the game
this; lol i haven't cared about doing well in this game for like... 9ish months :\

just da way it iz

who's BBQ? GA Wario player? cool

edit: yea, bbq... i <3 biglou lol

red denim slackers was too goodddddddddd

were you at that tourney?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Gmoney wanted 2 get off the PR Soooooo long ago!!!

LOL

So tally is finding a way to come 2 da next Gville tourney!!! When is it???

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't really know if MMs can be considered to be honest.

There are people out there who are willing to sandbag in a MM and don't care about losing money, like Dojo, even though he's from Texas. I also remember reading about some Midwest MKs sandbagging in MMs (maybe Overswarm too? idk).

Coffee™

I need it....
I don't really know if MMs can be considered to be honest.

There are people out there who are willing to sandbag in a MM and don't care about losing money, like Dojo, even though he's from Texas. I also remember reading about some Midwest MKs sandbagging in MMs (maybe Overswarm too? idk).
If you make them count towards PR it makes it way more likely that people won't sandbag in them.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I don't think people intentionally sandbag in MMs. Who would be like, "you know what? I'd rather give them my money than get money from them, yeah that sounds like a plan brain."

OverLade

Smash Hero
But a lot of people use MMs to test things out, or for fun and aren't willing to play as gay as they would when that DESPERATE last stock last game match of tourney pops up.

You can try hard without playing as gay as you possibly could. I will play far gayer in tourney than I ever would in money matches unless extreme amounts of pride are on the line.

Coffee™

I need it....
But a lot of people use MMs to test things out, or for fun and aren't willing to play as gay as they would when that DESPERATE last stock last game match of tourney pops up.

You can try hard without playing as gay as you possibly could. I will play far gayer in tourney than I ever would in money matches unless extreme amounts of pride are on the line.
Sounds like...they should just play friendlies. Why bother putting money on the line?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
who's BBQ? GA Wario player? cool

edit: yea, bbq... i <3 biglou lol

red denim slackers was too goodddddddddd

were you at that tourney?
Nope, but I saw it on livestream. I'm going to try to make it down to Florida some time this school year though.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
oh lol...... i thought they weren't streaming it hahah :)

too bad there's only like 2 crappy vids of us from that tourney :( lol but w/e

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
*sigh* School is going to start next Wednesday. I hope I can still go to a lot of tournaments, but senior year is probably going to be my busiest year yet. :(

On the plus side, I'm getting my driver's license on Friday! No more beggings for a ride from me! But... I still can't drive to any tournaments outside of Miami until I get more experience. >_>

:069:

nevershootme

Smash Master
*sigh* School is going to start next Wednesday. I hope I can still go to a lot of tournaments, but senior year is probably going to be my busiest year yet. :(

On the plus side, I'm getting my driver's license on Friday! No more beggings for a ride from me! But... I still can't drive to any tournaments outside of Miami until I get more experience. >_>

senior year is not that friggin busy... unless SAT's and crap count if you already done them, and college applications are mostly a bit of a problem at times and it's only 4 months to get the stuff done, and then the last 4-5 are like a cakewalk

experience in driving? common sense and read google maps/mapquest/yahoo maps and know how hispanics drive

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
senior year is not that friggin busy... unless SAT's and crap count if you already done them, and college applications are mostly a bit of a problem at times and it's only 4 months to get the stuff done, and then the last 4-5 are like a cakewalk

experience in driving? common sense and read google maps/mapquest/yahoo maps and know how hispanics drive
ture ture

My senior year was chill as ****. Didn't take SAT's til January Senior Year (mad late) , didn't apply for college at all so I was like "****, ill go for community college" and only attended Homecoming. Easy breezy.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, I basically have to fill much of my schedule up with extracurriculars because I've been too lazy to do those in the past three years, and there's also the fact that I'm taking two AP math courses.

By the way, the two electives I was looking forward to taking this year, Forensic Science and Psychology, had to be removed from my schedule due to conflicting with my required courses. I have to wait to take them in college. :(

Curaga

Smash Ace
So.

My current goal is to put someone from RXgaming onto these PRs.

Curaga, Fezz, *****, Step+, Gox, Colloff, Duo..

Next list. XD Expect some RXplacement.lol

Quite honestly.. Colloff will probably turns some heads when he gets leave from the airforce.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Sounds like...they should just play friendlies. Why bother putting money on the line?
Some people use it so their opponent will play seriously, while they sandbag (to learn their opponents style etc..). Anyway regardless of the motive I think it's better if MMs dont count since it's hard for it to be made relevant.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol i (and i'm sure others) didn't do **** in senior year

highschool is a joke

you'll realize that when you get to college

enjoy yourself and just do enough to get by (aka get A/B's and do well on SAT/ACT to get bright futures -- AP classes aren't as important -- btw, join clubs if you want but i mean w/e)

Some people use it so their opponent will play seriously, while they sandbag (to learn their opponents style etc..). Anyway regardless of the motive I think it's better if MMs dont count since it's hard for it to be made relevant.
lol lade wtf........... if you don't think they should count why would you bring them up??

so stupid....

OverLade

Smash Hero
lol lade wtf........... if you don't think they should count why would you bring them up??

so stupid....
Have you read all my posts concerning the arguement? >_>

I was pointing out WHY they shouldn't count obviously. That's why I brought up our MM. It was only 1$, and I used Diddy Kong, a character I wouldn't use in tourney anyway. As well as that many people don't even use money matches for the money. I was contributing to the arguement...duh.

Step your game up Geoff munay.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
the problem with that is that they are already NOT counting (except for very rare instances to determine "consistency") edit: that means it doesn't need to be discussed

step your game up mampam's bro

OverLade

Smash Hero
If you've read the whole thread, there's been arguement about it (hence Seibrik mentioning HRNUT Money matches Nick Riddle).

So [/your post]/ ;D

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Nickriddle and Hrnut were basically tied in every way possible, nickriddle beating hrnut was literally like the only difference, so we used his recent tourny/money matches with him to decide, and it was clear that he had consistant wins on him between those two, so he was placed above hrnut.

Top Bottom