• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's worst match up

Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
Snake has a BAD matchup?!?! IMPOSSIBLE! :O =_=; but seriously, I doubt he really has any matchups other then possibly another snake user that is actually considered "bad" for him.

Amide

Smash Lord
EVERYONE'S worst matchup is Meta Knight. But for Snake, also ROB, DK, Falco, Snake.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Dk is bad vs snake, despite what ppl say, he can just put up a good fight, but its hard for him to get past the camping really.

Falco can just spam all day, its hard to get around, and that chaingrab is deadly. Good metaknights can give snake a hard time.

Ghetto Soldier

Smash Apprentice
D3 is his worst match up as i see it. yes MK gives him a hard time but you just gotta play super smart vs him. r vs rob you just gotta camp back even harder, but anyway can anyone tell me how to beat D# please thats what i lose to the most.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Snake has a BAD matchup?!?! IMPOSSIBLE! :O =_=; but seriously, I doubt he really has any matchups other then possibly another snake user that is actually considered "bad" for him.
Snake actually has like six or so matchups that are totally NOT in his favor. <<

Falco, DDD, ROB, Wolf, and maybe Pikachu and ICs.

And MK actually right now seems to have turned the tables on Snake and taken the advantage. All he has to do is not hit the B button says Emblem Lord. XD

As for worst matchup? That's Falco easily. Laser camping >>> grenade camping and Mortar Slide. D-throw to spike >>> Snake's recovery. Also Falco has a lot of range, meaning he doesn't get range ***** by BS tilts that much.

As for other characters:

DDD wins against Snake due to a reliable chaingrab that keeps Snake super low, and once that gets Snake off the stage, he's easily ledgeguarded.

ROB outcamps Snake by simply shooting a laser every 5 seconds. They set off grenades, which is really gay for Snake. ROB has no trouble WOPing Snake off the stage and killing him.

Wolf surprisingly enough outcamps Snake. His blaster camping goes faster than Snake's spam. It stops the mortar slide. Wolf's D-throw also is a good setup for an easy ledgeguard.

Pikachu doesn't do badly against Snake at the very least. Thunder Jolt camping is gay to work around. Pikachu has a F-throw CG on Snake and Thunder deters high recoveries.

ICs outcamp Snake with Ice blocks. CG nonsense does no favor for Snake either.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Snake actually has like six or so matchups that are totally NOT in his favor. <<

Falco, DDD, ROB, Wolf, and maybe Pikachu and ICs.

And MK actually right now seems to have turned the tables on Snake and taken the advantage. All he has to do is not hit the B button says Emblem Lord. XD

As for worst matchup? That's Falco easily. Laser camping >>> grenade camping and Mortar Slide. D-throw to spike >>> Snake's recovery. Also Falco has a lot of range, meaning he doesn't get range ***** by BS tilts that much.

As for other characters:

DDD wins against Snake due to a reliable chaingrab that keeps Snake super low, and once that gets Snake off the stage, he's easily ledgeguarded.

ROB outcamps Snake by simply shooting a laser every 5 seconds. They set off grenades, which is really gay for Snake. ROB has no trouble WOPing Snake off the stage and killing him.

Wolf surprisingly enough outcamps Snake. His blaster camping goes faster than Snake's spam. It stops the mortar slide. Wolf's D-throw also is a good setup for an easy ledgeguard.

Pikachu doesn't do badly against Snake at the very least. Thunder Jolt camping is gay to work around. Pikachu has a F-throw CG on Snake and Thunder deters high recoveries.

ICs outcamp Snake with Ice blocks. CG nonsense does no favor for Snake either.
I never needed to since the Wolf I played recently was pretty bad, but can't you crawl under the blaster spam? (and I'm sure you can if it's short hopped.)

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Well, to kill D3, the easiest thing to do is spike him with a fair. First, rack up damage on the floor by doing a down tilt->up tilt->nair. It's not a true combo, but it's not too hard to get all those to hit. Dtilt to Nair will do if they have high damage. Hit him with an F-Tilt so he is sent off the stage and then intercept him while he is floating (not his Up+B) and spike him with a well timed Fair. Dairs can kill too if the last kick hits.

Also, with some good mindgames, you can trick him into getting hit by an F-Smash, which kills at low percents.

Also, Snake can **** IC's easily by keeping them afloat using Mortar Slides and finishing them off with a bair/uair/dair/nair.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
For those who dont kno I found that D3 is more Horizontally heavy than he is vertical.

So I say kill him by stage top.
Snake explosive help there and utilt. Just alittle things to think about...

Other than me being new...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wolf doesn't have the advantage over Snake. It's neuttral at best but I'd say 55:45 for Snake at least. Wolf depends a lot on spacing and Snake outranges him. Camping comment is sopt-on, Wolf is hard to outcamp.

OverLade

Smash Hero
For those who dont kno I found that D3 is more Horizontally heavy than he is vertical.

So I say kill him by stage top.
Snake explosive help there and utilt. Just alittle things to think about...

Other than me being new...
D3 is still the heaviest vertical character. With perfect DI Utilt kills D3 at like 160%. I'd recommend killing D3 with something less conventional like Dair, Nair, or Smash attack.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
D3 is still the heaviest vertical character. With perfect DI Utilt kills D3 at like 160%. I'd recommend killing D3 with something less conventional like Dair, Nair, or Smash attack.
Ehh... hes not the heaviest...hes acutally far from it...like every other heavy wieght characters are heavier than him vertically not to metion Ike being heavier than him vertically also.

But idc no need to argue just some advice.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ehh... hes not the heaviest...hes acutally far from it...like every other heavy wieght characters are heavier than him vertically not to metion Ike being heavier than him vertically also.

But idc no need to argue just some advice.
No, he is the DEFINETLY not ligher than Ike vertically, check M2K's thread on character weights.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I never needed to since the Wolf I played recently was pretty bad, but can't you crawl under the blaster spam? (and I'm sure you can if it's short hopped.)
I'm pretty sure you can't crawl under Wolf's blaster.

Wolf doesn't have the advantage over Snake. It's neuttral at best but I'd say 55:45 for Snake at least. Wolf depends a lot on spacing and Snake outranges him. Camping comment is spot-on, Wolf is hard to outcamp.
I talked to Teh_Spammerer asking about Snake's bad matchups, and HE said Wolf had the advantage on Snake. =/

I'd think Wolf doesn't really need to worry about spacing against Snake because Snake can't do much against Wolf when he's being outcamped. His mobility is balls without the mortar slide. His own projectiles also require a lot of setup, which he doesn't have time for in this matchup.

Also D-throw almost equals a free kill on Snake if that gets him off stage. It puts him in a position where he can be easily spiked.

Also, Snake can **** IC's easily by keeping them afloat using Mortar Slides and finishing them off with a bair/uair/dair/nair.
Ice block camping >>> Mortar Slide.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I know they're hard to come by, but a good Fox can give Snake a hard time:

Fox can almost completely shut-down Snakes projectile game with the shine, (grenades can also be shot out by blaster)
Snake also gets pinned down pretty well by Fox's D-air/F-air and subsequent follow-ups. And to top it off Fox also caries some deceptively powerful kill moves, namely U-smash, B-air (which knocks snake right off his cypher) and to a lesser extent F/D-smash sometimes U-air

I don't know for sure if it's a bad match-up for Snake, but it is a particularly good match-up for Fox

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
@ Ghetto Soldier
I've found a few very effective strategies against DDD. The trick to the matchup is to just go crazy with mines. DDD is so big it can be very difficult for him to stay out of their way. C4 and proxy mines should both be used almost constantly. On a level with platforms you should always have C4 on the platforms. Once you get your mines down just grenade camp and wait for him to approach you. When DDD is recovering place a proxy next to the edge sh drop C4 behind that. If DDD lands on the mines he gets blown up, if he goes for the edge you can edgehog him if you're quick, and if he tries to go past everything position yourself so that you can hit him with an autocanceled nair right as he lands.

On another note the worst matchup for snake is certainly Falco. Laser spam ****s you up, chain grab ****s you up, falcos range negates a lot of your range, and Falco is difficult to edgeguard.

Jos

Smash Rookie
Besides MK who has the advantage against everyone...

D3 is snakes worst matchup.

And what is with all these people saying falco can camp snake with lasers so easily and it is hard to get around?

Umm, press DOWN on the joystick? Besides follow up shots while your in the air (assuming you don't airdodge), the laser is pretty much useless against snake.

Doesn't Olimar at least get an honorable mention for easily out camping him?
Pikmin have terrible priority, you can cancel them out pretty easily. Try ftilting an oli's fsmash nxt time you face one, it will negate the attack.

waks

Smash Journeyman
If snake crouches, it limits his options and its easier for Falco to Dair you into follow ups.

Jos

Smash Rookie
If snake crouches, it limits his options and its easier for Falco to Dair you into follow ups.
If a falco is close enough to dair you, why would he be using laser?

Unless someone plays a very campy snake that relies on grenades, falcos laser shouldn't raise much concern.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
um, can't you guys escape ddd's cg with grenades? i coulda sworn more snake players would know

or am i wrong?

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
A lot of Falcos will short hop double laser as an approach. If you're ducking you're not in good shape. Anyways the Falco matchup is bad for a lot of reasons other than Falco having lasers.

OverLade

Smash Hero
A lot of Falcos will short hop double laser as an approach. If you're ducking you're not in good shape. Anyways the Falco matchup is bad for a lot of reasons other than Falco having lasers.
Yeah, chaingrab to on stage spike plus tech chases Usmash or Fsmash is an instant 70% before snake even hits you. His Usmash and Utilt put snake in the air where Falcos Bair or spike will **** him, and Falcos Bair is a sex kick, making predicting airdodges even easier. Once snake is at 90% or so, Falco has the option of Laser/side B camping him up to 130%, or just playing defensively and racking up damage using other conventional moves. Falcos Down B outranges all of snakes game minus snakedashing, which is slower anyway. His reflector can also reflex grenades, a nikita, destroy landmines, and kill snakes approaches....all of them.

Of course, Falco will take damage, but he's moderately heavy, and can safely fight snake up until about 110% when the dreaded uptilt becomes too much. But with DI Falco lasts even longer.

It's a nasty matchup for snake, mabye even more nasty than D3 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom