• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's worst match up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
I still think Ness can annoy Snake to a point
i've actually canceled Snakes Upsmash spam with PK thunder 2, goes straight through the rockets, hit for arorund 22% and knocked him half way across the map.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Samurai Panda- I think you think the Pikachu matchup is nearly impossible. DSF just beat Anther in a set, and I normally beat a really good Pikachu. It's hard, but he can't kill Snake in the higher percents.
I'm sure you have seen the video where Deva's Link beats DSF's Snake.

If not

DSF(Snake) vs Deva(Link) MM 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iaik3Efwdxw

but you don't consider Link hard do you?

One match of 2 people of great calibure does not set the matchup in stone. I mean many people on Snake boards will say DSF just had a bad day. Argument works both ways.

Sorry my example may not be the best but the point is still there.....

Pika vs Snake is hard for snake.

Magnawolf

Smash Apprentice
ROB is probably his worst match-up. Despite what people say, I actually think Snake is at a disadvantage in this match up. ROB's laser and top keep Snake's from approaching. ROB can gimp Snake while he's trying to recover pretty well and ROB's aerial game clearly out matches Snake's. Be careful when f-tilting a ROB because they can shield and then D-smash.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yes, he does. Gyro > Mortar Slide and - believe it or not - ROBs dair (if well timed) beats Sankes utilt

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Sonic. Hard to believe but true. Several ATs, Great mindgames, speed and Airdodging can get past the camping, and his lack of KO power is justified by his ability to rack up damage. His grabs are deadly at high percentages, and his Dair can KO if he's really high.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Sonic. Hard to believe but true. Several ATs, Great mindgames, speed and Airdodging can get past the camping, and his lack of KO power is justified by his ability to rack up damage. His grabs are deadly at high percentages, and his Dair can KO if he's really high.
You did this to be funny. I use to main Sonic...so this is acctually funny.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
You did this to be funny. I use to main Sonic...so this is acctually funny.
How is it funny? I'm being serious. Sonic has great gimping ability if used correctly. I Main Falcon and second Sonic. The ATs part might have been exaggerated, but my point remains. Against Snake, Sonic's a good choice. the player's just got to watch the Snake's every move. One small mistake and Sonic's stock is out of the window.

LibertyD

Smash Rookie
I also find it a funny joke too. Sonic really hyolds nothing on Snake, even if use coorectly. Snakes ftilt practicly outranges all of sonics attack, mine and c4 control can practically stop half of sonic's mind games, as well as his whole premisis of what he's made for. Speed. Throw around a few nades a mortar here and there, and Sonic can't even dasha into his opponent properly without having a hard time. Sonic probably ONLY has gimping against Snake but really... Does someone with a good recovery to return back to stage NOT have a easy time gimping Snake? D3 can do better with his simple cg or Falco with laser camping and cg to dair. Honnestly Sonic is NOT the worst matchup for Snake. Snake has the advatage over Sonic.
Ness however, is pretty okay with Snake. Grab release utilt hurts him a lot though. I hate spike pillars...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
snake is such a good character that his worst match is always::

the character that the snake player has a hard time dealing with anyway. if you are good against D3 , D3 wont be youre worst match. if you cant get past falcos lasers than falco will be your worst, its all dependant on your abilities as a player

iRjOn

Smash Lord
hmmm...Falco people?
Snake going prone (crouching) makes laser camping erm...inaffective dont it...?
Well guess its all the player.

@ookami

Snake...out prioritizes Sonic in nearly everything. Snakes ftilt breaks Sonic's SD and SC.
utilt also breaks through them.
All his projectiles except the motar and nikita (which can from the explosion) break through his approaches.
Sonics main weakness is a characters that limits his approaches.
Snake does that to the X-treme.
Im not saying its impossible for Sonic to beat Snake, I've done it alittle. But its unlikely is all.
Sonic doesnt have the advantage on Snake. The match up is like 70:30 in Snakes favor...(i believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. I guess-ta-mated).

mc4

Smash Journeyman
i would agree with Falco, Dedede, rob, toon links, those are characters i have trouble with usually. (to ghetto soldier) to stop the chain grabbing just pull out a grenade between grabs to blow yourself up, the timing isn't always easy but unless you can grab break, the chain grabber trip, or perfectly time a dodge or roll, grenades are the easiest escape.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I think Pit is Snake's worst match up. Pit can keep Snake away with arrows, and destroy his cypher, gimping Snake, also the side b deflects snakes nades and so does Pits shield. And Pit can easily follow up an attack chasing after Snake's up+B using his own up+b to chase, and then f-air to knock him out.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I think Pit is Snake's worst match up. Pit can keep Snake away with arrows, and destroy his cypher, gimping Snake, also the side b deflects snakes nades and so does Pits shield. And Pit can easily follow up an attack chasing after Snake's up+B using his own up+b to chase, and then f-air to knock him out.
Its not really a bad match up tho. You destroy him at close range and he dies rather easily from utilt, whereas he has 2 reliable kill moves with short range.

Its either oli (the campy ones), ROB(the really good campy/gimpy ones), or DDD, I cant decide between those three.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Pit gets murdered terribly by Snake. Snake can running powershield all of Pit's arrows, pit has NOTHING against Snake on the ground. He gets outranged, his grab game pales in comparison to Snake's. Snake kills him very early, Pit can never kill Snake. Snake wins this matchup with his eyes closed.

=ArtH=

Smash Apprentice
I hate playing Pikachu. I can deal with campy Olimars easily by holding jab to block Pikmin spam, same with DDD spam. I haven't played a good ROB yet so idk.

Nic64

Smash Lord
DDD and falco are the only really bad ones IMO, rob and pikachu are also slight disadvantages

also LMFAO at whoever said sonic

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
From my experience, any character with a projectile has some sort of advantage against Snake, which is why I'd have to say ROB and Falco are pretty bad for him (a good ROB will camp the hell out of Snake and/or gimp him easily. Same with Falco)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Pit gets murdered terribly by Snake. Snake can running powershield all of Pit's arrows, pit has NOTHING against Snake on the ground. He gets outranged, his grab game pales in comparison to Snake's. Snake kills him very early, Pit can never kill Snake. Snake wins this matchup with his eyes closed.
Yeah, he has nothing against Pit on the ground, but Pit's throws are some of the best in the game for positioning. The position it puts Pit in is ideal for quite a few things, and his throws work extremely well against Snake.

That said, Snake still wins in the matchup.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Pit also has a 0-40% chaingrab on Snake with his F-throw. I think it's in Pit's advantage, but it's definitely not Snake's worst match-up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think Bowser is a hard match-up for Snake.

He can grab release CG him and gets a free fair offstage. That means Snake has to recover low and is open for a Fire Breath or a Bowsercide + Bowser = fat, hard to finish off and his tilts are ****

Thoughts?

napZzz

Smash Hero
I think Bowser is a hard match-up for Snake.

He can grab release CG him and gets a free fair offstage. That means Snake has to recover low and is open for a Fire Breath or a Bowsercide + Bowser = fat, hard to finish off and his tilts are ****

Thoughts?
lolololololololoolololol

I have the hardest time vs. a spammy *** toon link. You cant do **** and cant approach if they know what they are doing.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I'll have to say DDD and MK, however all DDD has on Snake is the CG(coming from my experience), so what I do is have them come towards me, since I think is easier to see a grab coming this way, same thing for Meta Knight, except when all MK does is spam either the B or B-up to Dsmash or whatever.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I'll have to say DDD and MK, however all DDD has on Snake is the CG(coming from my experience), so what I do is have them come towards me, since I think is easier to see a grab coming this way, same thing for Meta Knight, except when all MK does is spam either the B or B-up to Dsmash or whatever.
Grenading prevents MK from using tornado, and so does a well timed up-tilt. MK is not Snake's worst matchup, it's neutral at best, although I'd say the advantage go to Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom