• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's worst match up

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
If you guys master grenades, you will beat d3. friggin ally.
It shuts down a lot of D3's chaingrab game, but if you chaingrab perfectly he can't drop grenades (though online that's pretty much impossible). And yeah, Ally knows how to camp and make it look like it takes skill XD.

J/k inb4 snake players freak out on me.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
falco can dair snake out of his up b even under the stage. once you get chain grabbed dair, theres a small chance you are making it back. I've learn that a dair above snakes up b will spike him and the up b knockback taken by falco will help him get back to the stage despite of altitude. even if snake air dodges out of his up b, as long as falco gets hit by it he will make it back. So expect a lot of fast falling dairs in the future =p

OverLade

Smash Hero
falco can dair snake out of his up b even under the stage. once you get chain grabbed dair, theres a small chance you are making it back. I've learn that a dair above snakes up b will spike him and the up b knockback taken by falco will help him get back to the stage despite of altitude. even if snake air dodges out of his up b, as long as falco gets hit by it he will make it back. So expect a lot of fast falling dairs in the future =p
Lol yeah I found that out last week. Put the thing is, if you spike Snake the wrong way it'll kill you, since the cypher has suprising high enough knockback...enough to stage spike you. You have to spike snake from the top, you can't body spike him if you're under the stage.

Just a helpful hint.

Jos

Smash Rookie
One thing that helps against falcos a lot is,

Nair will hit him out of his side B illusion, making his recovery much more limited.

Any vids of this "Ally" person? I really need help fighting D3s

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost sure that against falco's chaingrab if you just DI away from the edge when he tries to do the dthrow->spike that you can avoid being hit by the dair.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Snake's a big target, though. And in order to DI away effectively, you'd have to be in higher percentages than what Falco can chaingrab you by. So he's either caught you by the ledge, or you're stupid enough to stay caught in his chaingrab for that long.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure you can. You might have to DI down somewhat too. I play fairly regularly against a very good falco player and I rarely get chain grab->spiked. Even when I'm at only about 40% or so. It could be that my friend is messing up but I don't think so.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Maybe. Sethlon's a pro Falco player (last time I checked) and he can do a chaingrab-to-meteor like no one's business.

OverLade

Smash Hero
falcos chaingrab to spike can only be escaped after 40% with DI, but I think snakes grenades can break it after 20%.

gallax

Smash Hero
i remember reading that there is like a 1 frame window to pull out a nade with the chaingrab. snake can escape it around 20%. im pretty sure about this.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I'm fairly sure Falco has to mess up the chaingrab in order for Snake to pull out a 'nade: with frame perfect CG'ing, Snake can't do anything. I could be wrong though..

The reflector screws up all of Snake's ranged / mine attacks except the C4.

I'd say this is the hardest match.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
I'm fairly sure Falco has to mess up the chaingrab in order for Snake to pull out a 'nade: with frame perfect CG'ing, Snake can't do anything. I could be wrong though..

The reflector screws up all of Snake's ranged / mine attacks except the C4.

I'd say this is the hardest match.
yea falco walks to chain grab now his feet hurt when he had to run after all that chain grabbing so their isn't enough time for snake to pull out his grenade since falco hardly has to move anymore (falco is a lazy *** now, especially mines :laugh: )

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Falco either has to be slow, or mess up in order for Snake to escape the chain grab. Because even if the Falco was a frame slow, Snake could have a grenade out (it does come out on frame 1).

And Beetle Juice, what exactly are you trying to say?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Samurai Panda- I think you think the Pikachu matchup is nearly impossible. DSF just beat Anther in a set, and I normally beat a really good Pikachu. It's hard, but he can't kill Snake in the higher percents.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Its actually ROB.

Really, ask DSF. (he lost to Maxxxpower, a 2 stock in fact.)

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I need to play a good DK I dont think it will be hard.
Someone plz explain the difficulty of this matchup

I havent played many DK's dont think there are any in my area or I just dont know them. lol

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
If you fight DK without projectiles, it's hard. If you fight DK with projectiles and play very defensively, Snake wins.

TKD

Smash Lord
Snake's worst matchups are Dedede and Metaknight I think. They're both light counters. I heard crazy stuff about Wario but it's probably wrong.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm going to have to change my vote to Metaknight, even though Snake is Metaknight's worst matchup. Meta ***** anyone, and even snakes grenades and falcon tilt don't change that.

TKD

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to change my vote to Metaknight, even though Snake is Metaknight's worst matchup. Meta ***** anyone, and even snakes grenades and falcon tilt don't change that.
Exaggerate much? If you're from the Southwest, I'll prove you wrong as soon as I see you. I'm already used to Metaknight. I believe he doesn't **** advanced players.

I can already beat decent MK players as Sheik and Wolf, even up to half the time as the Ice Climbers. Grabbing him is sooo satisfying as the IC, considering that if I grab you, ICE CLIMBERS are the God Tier.

Snake does have a disadvantage against Meta, but it's not a ****.

And with so many characters able to go even against him (Sheik+Zelda, Wolf, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi), and some being disadvantaged while still being able to beat him (Falco, Snake, Marth, Lucario, Wario, Pikachu, possibly P.Trainer)...how does he **** everyone?

Players take longer to catch up as other characters, but they do. Plank is a Wario player that ***** Metaknights from what I hear. Azen does it as Lucario. They may be amazing, but I'm average and can do it as Sheik and Wolf so...yeah. Even the best MK players are starting to counterpick as other characters now.

Besides, Snake's grenade pivot thing may get big, and that sure gives me trouble as MK...too tricky!

"**** everyone"...lol
He's the best, that's it. And he does **** like half the cast, but great players who don't want to ditto don't have to, and they win.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Ok a few things to clear up here:
1. DDD is not an advantage against Snake
2. Pika doesn't **** Snake like people make out, though it's still an advantage, but not a big one.
3. MK: Snake is 55:45 and without the gimps Snake would beat MK. M2k believes this too.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Halberd my friend your not exactly right, MK does have one huge advantage on Snake so I partially agree but from Snake haveing the wieght of the koopa king it brings that advantage down.
The advantage he has on everyone (almost), is his huge lack of lagg.
But Snake being him is what makes that kinda irelavent. Because most of MK's moves have multiple hits and if I'm not mistaken Snake's ftilt and almost all his other moves have priority over them or clash with them.
And a campy snake can aggravate any swordsman or close range character matter fact.
So hope thats enough said.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Halberd my friend your not exactly right, MK does have one huge advantage on Snake so I partially agree but from Snake haveing the wieght of the koopa king it brings that advantage down.
The advantage he has on everyone (almost), is his huge lack of lagg.
But Snake being him is what makes that kinda irelavent. Because most of MK's moves have multiple hits and if I'm not mistaken Snake's ftilt and almost all his other moves have priority over them or clash with them.
And a campy snake can aggravate any swordsman or close range character matter fact.
So hope thats enough said.
Oh, don't worry, I know that Snake beats Metaknight in general. At the utmost pro level the matchup is far more eve though, depending on how you play. I didnt mean to overstate like that. But I still 3 stock crazy snakes easily with Meta.

DSF and M2K have developed a style for fighting snake that makes it look easy. But I've played against Ally (the best Snake in canada), and Snake is easily MK's hardest matchup. I lost 3-1, and got 2 stocked in the last match. Snakes grenades allow him to avoid the metarape and force MK to be conservative or take more damage. It's a huge and very tedious waiting game. When DSF and M2K fight snakes they wait in the air and use Nado to get snake off the ground and then just juggle him until they can kill him out of cypher with Up B.

Still, patience still beats a campy snake. If they camp nades, dashgrab them. Other than the absolute BEST snakes (Best snake in Puerto rico, Best snake in FL, best snake in Canada) I don't have trouble with snakes.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ehh... hes not the heaviest...hes acutally far from it...like every other heavy wieght characters are heavier than him vertically not to metion Ike being heavier than him vertically also.

But idc no need to argue just some advice.
I was just reading through the thread, and this is wrong. DeDeDe is the hardest character to kill vertically due to his fall speed. (fastest in the game) Ike isn't even in the top 10 in terms of general weight, and is only sixth hardest to kill vertically...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Samurai Panda- I think you think the Pikachu matchup is nearly impossible. DSF just beat Anther in a set, and I normally beat a really good Pikachu. It's hard, but he can't kill Snake in the higher percents.
While this may sound like I'm trying to make excuses, Anther was playing really off that day. I was there. It was like 4am during grand finals. Me, Vidjo, and several other people were watching Anther play and talking about what he was doing as he was doing it. He made quite a few mistakes that he normally never does, and he did some silly things that I've never seen him do (i.e. thunder spam. He NEVER thunder spams. Ever.). He forgot obvious things, like how to avoid Snake's nades during the F-throw chaingrab. Yet the sets were still pretty close. Anther should have beaten DSF's Snake, and handily at that. It could have been the ridiculously late night, or perhaps he was just nervous when he was playing him. One way or another, Anther was not playing as he normally does.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I was just reading through the thread, and this is wrong. DeDeDe is the hardest character to kill vertically due to his fall speed. (fastest in the game) Ike isn't even in the top 10 in terms of general weight, and is only sixth hardest to kill vertically...
lol yea and you would kno

But no D3 doesnt have the fastest fall speed thats basically fox but w/e u win arguement done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom