• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
On the Marth Boards there is a thread like this, And I hope that it will be used to cut down on useless and repeating threads. If you have a question that you want to ask that is simple about a kill percentage or asking how to do a technique, or even what an abbreviation like DACUS (Dash Attack Cancel Usmash) means, ask it here instead of making a new thread.:)

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Scaring is an AT for Wolf where in certain stages its possible to "teleport" to about the middle of the stage by letting go of the ledge and quickly using Wolf Flash towards the stage.

There are certain variations in this, like tele stepping, light stepping and semi scaring.

If you wanna know about those too just ask.

Although all this can be found on the guides in this forum, make sure to read them carefully before posting something that might already be answered on those guides, however if you don't understand the guide then feel free to ask.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Nice to see you're giving us another chance :laugh: For scarring, specific inputs are press back when on the ledge, and then forward B onto the ledge as quickly as possible. It is not necessary to hold down, so press up after you sideB just in case you use up B, it does take some practice to get used to.

Semiscarring is holding down during sideB when recovering onto the ledge so that where you normally would grab the ledge, you can pass over it and hit someone who's edgeguarding you. Semiscarring is IMO better than regular scarring, but both get predictable after a while and are punishable, so be sure to mix them up. You can mix it up with a ledgehopped uair, which is what I usually do when the opponent is close, otherwise I jump from the ledge and prepare to counter with reflector.

I have a question too... I have heard of many different setups to help with DACUS for wiimote + nunchuck, but none of them worked for me. I'm only willing to change the configuration of my d-pad, one of the directions (preferrably not up) would have to be set to grab, and tap jump on and shake smash off. Anyone know of a configuration I would use that wouldn't mess up any of my settings besides the dpad?

EDIT: for scarring, it only works on certain stages with ledges such as battlefield, yoshi's island, smashville, etc. You need a smooth ledge without a lip that will prevent you from going around it (you don't go THROUGH the ledge, you actually wrap around it, but who cares, just sayin), so DON'T scar on FD.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
For certain characters with extremely quick "speed burst" moves, doing it right above the ledge will allow you to land on the stage laglessly without grabbing the ledge. People have theorized that it does so by grazing the "ledge snap vacuum" to cancel you out of the move, but since you're still too far away to grab the ledge/you're on the ground already, the game simply puts you into the standing animation. So far, this has been confirmed for Wolf's Wolf Flash, Falco's Falco Phantasm, Fox's Fox Illusion, and Lucario's ExtremeSpeed. The timing is extremely difficult to get down right, because this is one of those very few things in which the game is SUPER picky about the sweetspot for it. I wouldn't rely on it, but if it ever happens, try to notice it as soon as possible and capitalize on the moment with a quick move before your opponent can retaliate and figure out what just happened.

Wolf though is the only person who can make truly effective use of this. By messing around with the timing, I believe it's possible to still get the attack animation out right before landing laglessly on the stage!

Anyways, for my question, does anyone have some tips for getting the timing down on the cancel of his SideB? (The Mid-Cancel, where he flies the farthest)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^ I don't think, there's a way to reliably decide, which Cancel you use for the Illusion. However, it might help you, if you use the wierd sounds Wolf makes as a guidline. That helps me to get the timing down...

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Button-mash.
Wrong. Because that's not reliable. I mean, if you practice it, you'll find a timing that works well for you. Teekay made a post about it somewhere about what time to press B and it helped me tremendously, I do it by muscle memory now but press it right as you hear the sound wolf makes right before starting to move, and once you get it, keep working on it to work it into your muscles. It's somewhere around there.

And once again, any good configurations for wiimote+nunchuck for DAC that will only change settings on the D-pad?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You can auto cancel it. Just press the fair directly after a SH and it works. Awesome move...

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Yes, especially if you retreat it, it's nearly unpunishable, the only time I've been punished for it... was when a Peach used her counter on it (Yeah, Toad has epic range).

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Retreating 0 lag fiar -> Ftilt = Shield pressure at its finest...
Bingo. It's too good. More Wolves need to do this. You have a lot of options after retreating Fair. I like to mixup retreating Fairs and Bairs to keep myself safe.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, I use it sometimes but not often. Ftilt is overall a better tilt but dtilt...is wird. you cas trip opponents or duck under their moves. Not an awesome move but nice for a little surprise

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
What % of the time does it trip? Can it be used similarly to MKs D-tilt into dash grab combo thing?

also this Q+A thread is better than kosks cuz wolfs answer the questions plus I think he quit this website again.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I use dtilt, it's pretty good, especially for jab mixups. Good range and all, safer than ftilt because of how ridiculously easy it is to shieldgrab a ftilt that isn't perfectly spaced, but if you have good ftilt spacing I'd use that instead.

Two questions.

How valuable do you guys think it is to c stick aerials? It seems to be pretty helpful overall, but just asking for some advice from those who use it.

DACUS on wiimote+nunchuck while only changing the d pad. I'm still waiting... I know the inputs for it on GC controller, and I can do it fine with other setups, its just that they mess up a lot of the things I'm used to. If someone could help me out here, I'd REALLY appreciate it...

EDIT: Dtilt trips a lot more at lower percents by the tip, I can tell you that much.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
c-sticking aerials is great for DI. A retreating c-sticked 0 lag fair is extremely hard to punish

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Does stale moves occour as much if you hit with an attack as if don't hit with it?

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
one question: what are some good edgeguarding tactics with wolf? with his recovery as it is, im usually to concerned that i would get gimped

Stealth309

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so people are saying that the reflector cannot combo, and has a lot of lag and I disagree with that because I can double-shine people, which I would consider a combo.

1) Is that even a combo?

2) I don't see how the reflector is laggy.

Rabert

Smash Rookie
I normally main Luigi, but last night I tried out wolf because my friend was playing lucas (the logic was, hey I have a shield! and I'm not falco or fox.. right on). He was awesome! F-Smash, D-Smash, Laser! Lot's of fun. Not very fond of Dash Attack, or his grab game though.. And Scar (F-B?) is kinda lame because it arcs up. I have recovery issues, because instead of grabbing the edge, I would just fall at my opponents feet, then take a couple of days to get up. That probably just takes practice though.

So here are some actual questions =D
1) Does wolf have a grab game? If yes, which are the stronger ones.
2) For edgeguarding, I was spamming laser, then F-Smash if they got back on.. Is there something better I can do?
3) There is a lot of discussion about Wolf's shield, I really only used it for reflecting. Should it be used for anything else? (recovery off the stage, stunning, instant of invincibility?)

Thanks!

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
1) His grab game is pretty much grab, smack and toss. Its pretty average imo.

2) B-air can be good for smacking an opponent whos trying to recover.

3) Its a decent stun attack thats a decent defensive option because of the invincibility frames.

Rabert

Smash Rookie
Is B-Air neutral B in the air? Wouldn't that be a laser? Sorry I don't know smash lingo, I just tend to do things without knowing what they are.. like up-tilt.. supposedly I do that, but I have no idea what that is.

Clarification? =D

Rabert

Smash Rookie
Yeah that is a good one! Super fast and nice knock back.. kinda tricky for me to setup though. I'm a big fan of facing forward to attack.

How long does the shield stun last for?

WulfFla$h

Smash Cadet
Hi there, I've just joined, but that's not the point. I have a question.
How do I perform the DACUS? Can someone give me a description or something?
I just can't find a decent description on the internet. :ohwell:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not really...it just happens sometimes...it's not like you can controll how you hit your opponent with...it's not that awesome anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom