• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WulfFla$h

Smash Cadet
How do I perform the DACUS? Can someone give me an explanation? It would be nice to know how...

Nevermind, I found it out...:ohwell:

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Question, why isn't one of Wolf's Taunts the "over 9000" scouter crush? that would've been awesome.

Also, can wolf do a mini hop laser cancel like Falco? or no?

WulfFla$h

Smash Cadet
I'm having a bit of a problem with beating a Falco..
Anyone got a good strategy to share? :confused:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Question, why isn't one of Wolf's Taunts the "over 9000" scouter crush? that would've been awesome.
Because Sakurai is a ****.
But really, that would be amazing. Not like the rest of his taunts aren't, but still.

For the falco matchup... just don't get grabbed. Nice and simple, right? That's the main thing anyways.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Falco is though. If you can't beat him, you shouldn't be surprised...

The best things you can do:

~ Don't get grabbed
~ If he does CG -> Spike, you should recovery as soon as you're off the stage
~ Attack like mad before he CGs you. There can't be anything worse happeneing anyways, so you might as well try to land some hits on him
~ Try to KO him asap - dsmash, edgeguarding, ...

Lucien knows a lot about this match-up, since he fought SK92 - one of the top Falcos in the U.S. However, he isn't around too often.

If that doesn't help you should really use another character...don't worry too much about it. Falco is one of the only opponents, where I don't use Wolf. He's just too tough (unless I'm really better than the Falco player).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nah...Falco is just a better character than Wolf. He can do lots of stuff without the CG

Darkslash

Smash Master
I try scarring but i keep doing Semi scarring. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Plus any tips on how to cancel Wolf Flash? I can do is occasionally but it's tricky.

Also one way i see to keep Falco's in check are doing Wolfs Dash Attacks. Time them right and they have no chance of getting up :D

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
I try scarring but i keep doing Semi scarring. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Plus any tips on how to cancel Wolf Flash? I can do is occasionally but it's tricky.
What stages are you trying this on? If you're using the wrong stages scarring is not possible but semi-scarring is. If you are on a stage such as: Smashville, Battlefield, or Halberd, your timing might be off. You have to press side-b pretty much instantly after you DI away from the ledge.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
That wouldnt work because im pretty sure they could just DI or airdodge or move away from the second U-tilt.

I have no idea whether this is inescapable or not but 0-lag f-air into u-tilt works pretty well for me.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
That wouldnt work because im pretty sure they could just DI or airdodge or move away from the second U-tilt.

I have no idea whether this is inescapable or not but 0-lag f-air into u-tilt works pretty well for me.
It doesn't come up as a combo in training, even when i ff. but i dont trust that thing. F-tilt afterwards seems to work.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I HAS SOME COMBOS :O

Uhhh... falling uair to utilt combos for sure. I just tried this, and if you full hop dair, but use dair the instant you can fastfall (right after peak of jump) that can combo into utilt. Both of these count as two hits on training mode, but they only work at low/mid %s.

EDIT: yeah, on kirby at 40% in training mode, full hop FF dair into usmash is a 3 hit combo, 33 damage. We need more dair.

WulfFla$h

Smash Cadet
To do the DACUS you have to dash, control stick up, C-stick down and press the Z button, almost at the same time. I usually stick the control stick up first and so the C-stick and then press Z button. But you still gotta get the timing right. If you get the timing right, it should look like this.
http://gameroom.gamebattles.com/view/XHfOBKFnNXA.html

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wait... Aren't they the same thing? Initiate a dash attack, and then quickly do an usmash and hold grab. In order of inputs on GC controller (but all very close to the same time): Dash, down on Cstick for dash attack, up on control stick and at about the same exact time hold grab to do the usmash. I do it on wiimote and nunchuck, but I can't do it reliably. For that setup I set dpad to smashes and dash, down on pad, slide to up on pad. I can't charge it though because of my crappy configuration.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OOOOOOOOMFGGggg!!!! If the dacus is the boostsmash...I've been doing this the whole time without even knowing it -_-

Kikuichimonji

Smash Apprentice
Is it worth it to learn to reliably illusion cancel? Isn't it like a 3 frame window with different cancels for each of the 3 frames? I know the second-longest cancel recovers farther than the uncanceled version, but that really should never be necessary if you DI right, yes?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Is it worth it to learn to reliably illusion cancel? Isn't it like a 3 frame window with different cancels for each of the 3 frames? I know the second-longest cancel recovers farther than the uncanceled version, but that really should never be necessary if you DI right, yes?
it can be useful at times, but it would be the last thing I would work on with wolf.

OOOOOOOOMFGGggg!!!! If the dacus is the boostsmash...I've been doing this the whole time without even knowing it -_-
actually you might have a point. Maybe DACUS is when the dash attack hitbox comes out while boost smashing is when the dash attack hit-box doesn't come out? If that's the case, wolf cannot DACUS

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Boost smash = sliding usmash
DACUS = Dash attack canceled USmash

is it really teh same?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
well if they aren't the same, a lot of people,including me, have been freely interchanging the 2

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
You mean cancelling side B? It doesn't give you an extra jump... if it did, that would be pretty awesome though, you would be able to actually combo people from it O.o

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
There isn't anything really technical to learn in Brawl, so there is no reason not, too.

Boost smash = sliding usmash
DACUS = Dash attack canceled USmash

is it really teh same?
Don't worry. Everything you know isn't a lie. They are different.

A boost smash is when you input: Dash > Dash Attack > Upsmash in rapid succession, most often times done by dashing with the control stick, hitting down on the c-stick, up on the control stick, and Z nearly simultaneously. This will cause your character to slide (some more than others) while performing an Up Smash (you can charge it, too).

A DACUS is when you dash attack an opponent (be it their shield or their character) and during a certain time frame up smash which causes your dash attack to immediately cancel into an up smash. Not every character can do this. Link can, Falco (best example) can, and Snake can. I think Snake is the only one that slides when he does this, though, and that's why they are often mistaken.

Kikuichimonji

Smash Apprentice
A DACUS is when you dash attack an opponent (be it their shield or their character) and during a certain time frame up smash which causes your dash attack to immediately cancel into an up smash. Not every character can do this. Link can, Falco (best example) can, and Snake can. I think Snake is the only one that slides when he does this, though, and that's why they are often mistaken.
Are you really sure Link can do the DACUS? I've never seen an example of it on the Link boards and I've tried it myself against bowser on 1/4 speed. As far as I can tell. you see the sword, but it doesn't have the hitbox yet.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hmm. Maybe not. I know that Link has a very useful boost smash, and I thought he could DACUS, but I may be wrong. The only characters I know about for sure are Snake and Falco. I also think Wario might be able to, as well.

D

Deleted member

Question:
What's the best way to practice if you don't have a human to play against? Like what level CPU, or what should I do...

I've asked this in the main Q&A thread and I've heard so many things (lv 1, 3, 4, 7, or 9 CPU, practice ATs, training mode, classic mode... everything.)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I only practise...stuff like reaction. I fight vs lv9 CPUs and don't care whether I lose or not. I don't try to figure out any patterns. I just try to defend as well as possible: Powershield, Spotdodge, DI.

I don't actually fight him though.

Looking up some wids is surprisingly helpfuk

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the tips. I actually have a lot of vids to watch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom