• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
um Hello im a wolf mainer and my main probelms are basic recovery when i try to finsh them off with a aerial. i end up under the stage and i cant angle my recovery toward the egde. Any tips on it?
And whats the basic advice vs toon link?

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
um Hello im a wolf mainer and my main probelms are basic recovery when i try to finsh them off with a aerial. i end up under the stage and i cant angle my recovery toward the egde. Any tips on it?
Be more careful on stages like final destination. I dont know much about toon link but im sure somebody else does.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
Be more careful on stages like final destination. I dont know much about toon link but im sure somebody else does.
lol thx most of the time that happens on fd cus toon link users d-smash off the edge and..... then i just die:(

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link... Haven't faced a decent one in a long time. Well, what I see from them is that they love thier projectiles and bair. Spotdodging won't work very well because of how much they use them. I usually try to hop over and behind them and b-air or spike since the lazur will just be stand-shielded. Reflector won't be reliable against bombs becuase of their low throwing range and they usually explode at your feet, so usually roll toward Toon Link or catch the bombs somehow.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
You can angle your Up B in any interval of 15 degrees. I'd recommend you go to Battlefield and master this.

As for Toon Link, Bair works well, but even if you space it perfectly you are likely to get shield grabbed UNLESS you space it perfectly and then jump over it or run away from Toon Link.

He's very light so Dsmash kills his very early. Pick a stage with close walls.

Spacing is key. Toon Link's like to Dair. Even if it misses it pushes you away. Stand to the side of it and shield. You won't get pushed away and you can punish their lag. Don't bother reflecting projectiles most of the time.

Keep the pressure on against this guy. If he starts to control the match you'll lose all your momentum and be screwed.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
^ I think it's intervals of 22.5... I'm pretty sure there are 16 directions, 15 degree intervals would mean there are 24.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Actually, you're right. The plastic around the joy stick is divided into 8 directions, each at 45 degree intervals. You can also direct your Up B in between each one of those slices if you are careful for lack of a better word.

Thanks for correcting me.

lordterken

Smash Cadet
Any good tips for beating Ice Climbers. I take a lot of damege from there projetiles. I need to know a way to get past them.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Man... I wish I could tell you.

I don't have much Ice Climbers experience. Don't get too close, but don't get too far. Make sure you use your Bair a lot, fake it out a lot, and always space it perfectly. The goal is not to get grabbed. If you separate them that's when you go on the offense. Popo can still chaingrab without Nana, though, so be careful.

If you are about to get Fair spiked you can 1) DI away with both sticks and hope you don't get spiked or 2) DI toward the stage and try to tech it or double jump then wall jump.

Also, use platform stages.

Also also, go to the Ice Climbers board and ask them about what they dislike about Wolf and use that to your advantage.

Ankyfdarkness

Smash Cadet
Any good tips for beating Ice Climbers. I take a lot of damege from there projetiles. I need to know a way to get past them.
This is a wierd mach up. your best bet is to yous your reflector to shock the little beasts if you yous this from the air you can not get hit by there blizzard. Timing is importint hear. then when there shocked follow up with a Fsmash this keeps them of gard and stops them from useing ice shot.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
This thread is a decent one to sticky, I don't see what's wrong with it not atm...

But my question is what's Wolf's highest priority attack? If it's bair, then don't sticky the thread. If it isn't bair, then sticky it. :D

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I have no idea about the highest priority non-disjointed attack, but blaster has great priority and fair is disjointed. Bair's priority is probably up there though.

I'm in favor of stickying the thread. Vote Xsyven for president.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Wolf's highest priority attack (not including his blaster/shine) would be his u-air. His highest priority ground attack would either be his AAA combo or the 2nd hit of his f-tilt

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Uair is definitely disjointed like fair. I think every attack wolf does with his claw is disjointed, but they all probably have the same 'priority', I'm not sure.

If you did that would make you really sexy, sexier than you are now. <3 (If that's even possible.)
That's definitely not possible, Xsyven is a sexy beast beyond compare.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well, maybe 2nd sexiest then >_> Can't agree with your last statement any more though, definitely top two right there.

Frozt

Smash Apprentice
Question question question!

About Wolf's Over-B

Where exactly is its sweetspot and perfect sweetspot... Oh and can you draw it for me? it doesn't matter if you draw it on mspaint or ascii drawing

I would gladly appreciate your help =D Wolf is so fun.

c_joel1121

Smash Rookie
Simple question, I want to fight another good wolf, who is out there and ready for a challenge

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
On GC for boost smashing I use the standard dash > cstick down, up, Z. After a bit of practice, it shouldn't be too hard. I can't do it properly with my crappy nunchuck configuration though, my grab button is so awkwardly located ;_;

WulfFla$h

Smash Cadet
How do you Boost Smash?
You have to time this.
Do a dash attack, then take the Control Stick up, C-stick down and press the Z button. You have to press the Control stick down and C-stick up almost at the same time, and then press Z last. As I said, you have to time this.
Advice: Press Z when you hear the dash attack.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I... probably wouldn't bump that thread, but it shouldn't get you in trouble (at least not much) if you do. Just PM some of the people in your region and ask them if they're up for some wifi practice I guess.

Ankyfdarkness

Smash Cadet
I have a question is wolfs air game better or his ground game.

All so is camping with wolf good or bad.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well, it's not as simple as picking one... Wolf fares well in both the air and the ground, but personally, I prefer the air. Most people seem to choose an air game, but just go with whichever one suits your playstyle.

Camping is okay, you can fire a few shots to force an approach, but you have to know when to stop, or else they'll punish you. Against most olimars though, don't be afraid to just spam blaster for a while, it does wonders against pikmin.

Ankyfdarkness

Smash Cadet
I like to camp and I like his ground game so thanks and I camp exatly like you say. I know some wolf players that get punished for spaming lazer. Just wanted to clear up if his groud or air game was better im glad there both good. Oh and Jimbo just space right and cgs become less of a problome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom