• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is jiggly bad?

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
in the last game i used to secondary jigglypuff. but now in this game im thinking of doing the same thing.. i main ddd. but did jigglypuff really get that bad in this game exept for the down b?

Mith_

Smash Champion
Well I've only played Melee about twice and Jigglypuff on there had a great rest. In Brawl rest got nerfed but she is better in the air.

Mith_

Smash Champion
drill rest is all i know.

and you shouldnt use it unless it will kill or you will get punished.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
i use my b-air and f-air to push opponents across the stage and that ends up becoming a long chain of combos.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Well I've only played Melee about twice and Jigglypuff on there had a great rest. In Brawl rest got nerfed but she is better in the air.
Actually Jigglypuff has less priority in the air in Brawl (well, there truly is no thing as aerial priority but it comes out to the same thing). The trick in Brawl is using bair like a god and killing your opponents like that.

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
iggy is way better in melee and i think she has the worst match ups ever in this game

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
chaos ever seen capt falcon. i dont even think he has 1 good matchup

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
mk vs capt falcon is 100 -0 mk

i wouldn't even pic up the remote if i was facing a mk with capt falcon.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Jiggs isn't bad.

She's just very unimpressive. Moreso when you compare her to Melee.

Not to mention Wario basically does almost everything Jiggs can do, but better.

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
Hard to say.

I think she's great, with a high learning curve, but her many advantages don't make up for what she lacks.

...Or is it a he?

Glick

Smash Lord
I always thought it was a he in brawl but just look at the new costumes. Melee jiggz is obviously a guy since rambo was a guy and rambo puff cant be a girl. plus melee jiggz was stronger and guys are stronger in general. Brawl jiggz has a sun hat, a flower, a female pokemon trainer hat, and a sleepy cap. I've seen girls wearing sleepy caps I don't know about you.

anyway hurricane ike fights for his friends.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
But you say she should be in mid tier.
yeah, like everyone in low and mid tier suck balls save a few toons.

I think she's great, with a high learning curve, but her many advantages don't make up for what she lacks.
Don't talk about her learning curve. Like seriously, go to any ****ty toon's boards and you will see a million nubs posting about how the only reason their toon is seen as bad is because the learning curve is high. And anyways, its very difficult to become amazing at this game, so in a sense, every toon's learning curve is extremely high.

anyway hurricane ike fights for his friends.
did you seriously just post that?

pastaboy

Smash Champion
i think shes great, i cant wait to see her move up on teir list, becuz im 100% it will happen, she just needs more ppl to play her, she has awsome ariels and cant rly be edge guarded or chain grabbed. Its all about spaceing with jiggly. and sh may have som ebad match ups but they r not impossible and there r ways around them.

Amide

Smash Lord
She probably deserves top of low tier. She's really not that great, but it's more fun to win that way.

PiKaos

Smash Rookie
Jiggly isn't all that bad; I admit she's worse than she was in Melee, but she does have some new redeeming features, such as a MUCH improved (actually usable!) Rollout, a massively improved Fair and Dair, improved tilts, and an upwards WOP with her Uair.
You just have to remember; in Brawl, Rest = Fail. You have to get opponents to 75%+ damage to even think about a Rest KO happening, so you might as well just Fair -> edgeguard and not risk a stock.
And no; MK owns Jiggs in every conceivable way. At least on paper =P

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
And no; MK owns Jiggs in every conceivable way. At least on paper =P
Whoever posted Jiggles owns MK is... well, SORELY mistaken. Jesus, with all of the fast moves that MK has, a stock match would be over in a matter of seconds.
All my tourney experience says otherwise. Not a single Meta Knight, not Rofa, not Overswarm, not even DSF, has given me that much problems. I certainly don't have an easy time against Meta Knight, especially against such good players, but it isn't any harder than your average other character. Marth, Luigi, Olimar, and most of all GAME AND WATCH are much, much worse matchups; Jigglypuff just deals with Meta Knight much better than most characters, just like pretty much anyone else deals with G&W and Luigi better.

Mith_

Smash Champion
So I guess we can all just go ahead and say Jiggly sucks.

Oh well.

Still fun to play though and even more fun to win.

Even more fun to off stage rest and lose for it xD.

Top Bottom