• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is jiggly bad?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
If your character dies because her shield breaks.....jiggs is bad but fun......

sigh sakuri sigh....

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
If I'm not mistaken, jiggly also has one of the stronger shields.

It also doesn't really matter, if you break your shield against jiggly, you get rested. If you break your shield against anyone else, you get a pretty powerful attack in the face, killing yourself and getting it over with isn't that much of a difference.

Ghostbiker33

Smash Rookie
Hell yeah, jiggly puff is AWFUL. Who ever sais shes "alright" is a fool.

Her moves have lots of delay. She is the lightest weight character in the game. Her down B and up B is useless.

Bad recovery.

..maybe

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, I agree that jiggs sucks, but your reasoning is ****ing ********, and it makes me laugh pretty hard.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Hell yeah, jiggly puff is AWFUL. Who ever sais shes "alright" is a fool.

Her moves have lots of delay. She is the lightest weight character in the game. Her down B and up B is useless.

Bad recovery.

..maybe
?

Call me a fool, but I dont think Jiggly's best moves have much delay/ lag at all. Pound certainly does, but its hitbox's duration lasts very long and its hitbox also expands. Pound is also hard to attack out of parry because of its hitbox's cheapness.

Roll-out is also a cheap move which often provokes people to run down their shield.

She has the simplest effective aerial combo game in Brawl, this side of MK, too.

Watch Mango vs. M2K on Dreamland 64 (in Melee) and watch how to play Jigglypuff: THAT'S how Brawl Jigglypuff is to be played.

She's not realistically below mid-tier.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Roll-out is also a cheap move which often provokes people to run down their shield.
Rollout is not cheap, it sucks.

Watch Mango vs. M2K on Dreamland 64 (in Melee) and watch how to play Jigglypuff: THAT'S how Brawl Jigglypuff is to be played.
watch a melee game to learn how to play brawl jiggs??? lol, thats a terrible idea. Melee jiggs had lots of priority, could combo, and could kill people with a rest before 70%. Melee jiggs plays nothing like brawl jiggs, its not even close.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Rollout is not cheap, it sucks..
How so?

watch a melee game to learn how to play brawl jiggs??? lol, thats a terrible idea. Melee jiggs had lots of priority, could combo, and could kill people with a rest before 70%. Melee jiggs plays nothing like brawl jiggs, its not even close.
Yes. Watch MANGO's Jiggs--and in particular against M2K on DL64. He played perfect defense against him and had perfect spacing and timing. Jiggs can still do those things which allowed him to win--easily, too. No one can combo in Brawl; however, Jiggs has the one of the best chances of doing so when the opportunity is there. Also, rest isn't that needed. However, it IS rather effective against Dedede, Snake, Marth, Ike, and sometimes Pikachu, from my experience.

How do you play Jiggs? Lol. Last time I checked the best Jiggs were pounding, using alot of aerial attacks, using her floating ability to move away quickly, and repeating until they get their opponent to either shield or mistime a spot-dodge and comboing them.

If you want to play my Jiggs, my FC is 0989-1423-3825. Feel free to use anyone if you do.

Glick

Smash Lord
CF is not the worst character. lol. Hes not as holy **** good as in the first two games. but hes drastically underrated.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
CF is not the worst character. lol. Hes not as holy **** good as in the first two games. but hes drastically underrated.
umm... no. C. Falcon sucks. If you play against a big character, he can do **** that is actually pretty sweet and good, but like if you play against a small character, gg, because you can't hit him with any of your aerials... FOREVER.

Sudsy said:
Yes. Watch MANGO's Jiggs--and in particular against M2K on DL64. He played perfect defense against him and had perfect spacing and timing. Jiggs can still do those things which allowed him to win--easily, too. No one can combo in Brawl; however, Jiggs has the one of the best chances of doing so when the opportunity is there. Also, rest isn't that needed. However, it IS rather effective against Dedede, Snake, Marth, Ike, and sometimes Pikachu, from my experience.

How do you play Jiggs? Lol. Last time I checked the best Jiggs were pounding, using alot of aerial attacks, using her floating ability to move away quickly, and repeating until they get their opponent to either shield or mistime a spot-dodge and comboing them.

If you want to play my Jiggs, my FC is 0989-1423-3825. Feel free to use anyone if you do.
You're a ******* if you think melee and brawl jiggs play similar. Sure, you need to use perfect spacing and timing, but thats with every character, and you forget that jiggs could approach with bairs in melee. Thats because it had a little bit of priority, which is drastically different than brawl. Its so easy to shut down jiggs' approach just because how stupid bad her range is. You need to play way differently, end of story.

Also, I'm not playing against you, you're not worth my time.

Also, everyone should play DK, because I picked up DK on Wednesday after not playing brawl for 4 months and last night I never lost a game to Needle of Juntah's snake or metaknight, never lost a game to SamuraiPanda's snake, and went 3-1 against Rofa's MK. Haha, everyone should read my mother ****ing success story with DK and switch, lol, jk, but seriously, DK>>>>>>>>Jiggs... its true.

Glick

Smash Lord
umm... no. C. Falcon sucks. If you play against a big character, he can do **** that is actually pretty sweet and good, but like if you play against a small character, gg, because you can't hit him with any of your aerials... FOREVER.,
Yeah. I guess your right. C. Falcon sucks.

DK>>>>>>>>Jiggs... its true.
Matchup wise I think its small advantage for jiggz. Just my opinion and my experience. technically I bet I'm wrong. And I've played some good DK's. Including bums.

Overall, of course DK is a better character. DK is high tier and Jiggz is bottom.

Groovy Kong

Smash Cadet
I wwouldn't say Jiggly is terrible. It just isn't great. I mean it has a 1-hit KO move but it rarely hits. I've seen Jiggly's online and they're all just no good spammers, they use rollout all the time. Spamming gets you nothing but more hate my friends

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
I wwouldn't say Jiggly is terrible. It just isn't great. I mean it has a 1-hit KO move but it rarely hits. I've seen Jiggly's online and they're all just no good spammers, they use rollout all the time. Spamming gets you nothing but more hate my friends
wtf thats because online is laggy as hell have u ever even seen a good iggy? no good iggy uses rollout

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Bowyer is right... I used to second Jiggs in melee because she was so much fun, and her good recovery meant something back then... Now she is easy to combo, actually has WORSE recovery compared to the rest of the cast, rest sucks, bair sucks... I hate Sakurai for making Jiggs garbage in this, I hate him so much....

Amide

Smash Lord
Bowyer is right... I used to second Jiggs in melee because she was so much fun, and her good recovery meant something back then... Now she is easy to combo, actually has WORSE recovery compared to the rest of the cast, rest sucks, bair sucks... I hate Sakurai for making Jiggs garbage in this, I hate him so much....
Yes Jiggs sucks. She doesn't get comboed easily though, she still has a great recovery, rest is the best killer, bair is good too.

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde
actually has WORSE recovery compared to the rest of the cast,
This part of the sentence is so wrong in many ways.

First of all, compared to most of the cast Jigglypuff is not as easy to gimp as others.

Second of all, due to that Jigglypuff is not easily gimped and that her recovery allows her to reach to a long distance, she has better recovery than most of the cast, such as:
-Bowser
-DK
-Snake
-Mario
-Yoshi
-Ganondorf
-Link
-Zelda
-Sonic
-Wolf
-Fox
-Falco
-Olimar
-ZSS
-Samus
-Luigi (despite many recovery options, Luigi's easier to gimp than Jiggly)

Top Bottom