• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is jiggly bad?

Glick

Smash Lord
Ok most of the people are posting one liners that aren't even factual.

rinoH: Shes not juggled easily.
chaos: Her forward air is better now. In melee fair did 8 damage and bair did 12. or something like that. In brawl her forward air does 12 and her back air does 12. bair just has a lot less knockback. Fair is the just the killer now, not bair.

She barely has any real combos anymore. I'm talking about the combos that are inescapable.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
You're a ******* if you think melee and brawl jiggs play similar. Sure, you need to use perfect spacing and timing, but thats with every character, and you forget that jiggs could approach with bairs in melee. Thats because it had a little bit of priority, which is drastically different than brawl. Its so easy to shut down jiggs' approach just because how stupid bad her range is. You need to play way differently, end of story.
The ad hominem does what for the argument? When I said "perfect" spacing and timing, I meant to imply you should simply be patient and wait for the holes: Jiggs can combo people more effectively without much chance of getting hit afterwards ( she can just float away). I've only witnessed Marth, Dedede, Falco, and MK shut down a decent Jiggs' approach consistently. Everyone else I've seen play/ played against were forced to roll non-stop after a while because shielding and spot-dodging just let to getting it. After a while it became predictable where they were going to be. Besides, her range isn't bad. Two of her three best moves--which are the ones you should mostly use anyways-- have great range, pound and fair.

The edgeguarding tactics are the same, her approach is still SIMILAR, you combo the same way, and you defend the same way. Seriously, what significant factor is there that makes Brawl Jiggs much different from Melee Jiggs?
Also, I'm not playing against you, you're not worth my time.
Really, huh? And you figure this how?

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
lol I thought jigs was actually somehow going to get good she is just too nerfed in brawl to be good :(. thats why I went to metaknight ;P I was look in the jigs forums for hope.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sorry guys, but sonics recovery is better than jiggs.

Jump canceled side bs
homing attacks
and springs

used together, these moves make sonics recovery better than jiggs

if you dont believe me, than try this.

go under FD with jiggs (if possible)
and do it with sonic and tell me which is easier

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy

Jump canceled side bs
homing attacks
and springs

Going under FD is possible with Jiggs. Plus homing attack is kind of reliant on if the opponent is close to you or not. I'm not going to argue the recovery though, I haven't really seen any Sonics utilize that kind of recovery so I can't judge fairly.

Glick

Smash Lord

Jump canceled side bs
homing attacks
and springs

Lmao!!!

Jiggz can do a full 360 around FD!

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Matchup wise I think its small advantage for jiggz. Just my opinion and my experience. technically I bet I'm wrong. And I've played some good DK's. Including bums.

Overall, of course DK is a better character. DK is high tier and Jiggz is bottom.
DK beats jiggs by quite a bit. F and D tilt from DK ***** any aerial you have and DK kills kinda early.

I wwouldn't say Jiggly is terrible. It just isn't great. I mean it has a 1-hit KO move but it rarely hits. I've seen Jiggly's online and they're all just no good spammers, they use rollout all the time. Spamming gets you nothing but more hate my friends
lol, I hit move? yeah, over 80%.

No. Jigglypuff is not bad.

She never will be, no matter what anyone says.
You sir are very wrong.

Sudsy said:
Really, huh? And you figure this how?
Because you suck at this game and don't know how to use Jiggs.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
DK beats jiggs by quite a bit. F and D tilt from DK ***** any aerial you have and DK kills kinda early.
I actually have more trouble with the u-tilt, I dunno what Jiggs approach would be interrupted by a DK d-tilt... d-tilt is more of a follow up for when he gets a bair and Jiggs falls to the ground.

DK isn't that bad as long as you can bait and not get hit by the d-smash. It's the one move than makes or breaks the matchup. DK shouldn't be killing you with anything else other than d-smash; bair should be too stale.

Glick

Smash Lord
Yeah Ftilts reach ***** and bair is good but I treat DK like D3 sometimes. It works out. Except Dmash is too good. It will kill you every time.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
As much as for my passion for jigglypuff as in the past 2 game. I've officially decided that Jigglypuff is so bad in this game I droped here and now I main Diddy Kong. Using Jigglypuff in Brawl now is just usless and I've become much better in Brawl now that the fact that I've accepted that I can't main Jigglypuff in Brawl if I want to win.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Gees i come to the jiggly board hoping she isn't as bad as i think so i can pick up my old second character from Brawl (first is bowser), and i find out that, while bowser had a good transition from melee to brawl, with a few slight buffs even, Jiggly went and hit rock bottom. Sigh, I will have to pick someone else.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Gees i come to the jiggly board hoping she isn't as bad as i think so i can pick up my old second character from Brawl (first is bowser), and i find out that, while bowser had a good transition from melee to brawl, with a few slight buffs even, Jiggly went and hit rock bottom. Sigh, I will have to pick someone else.
No she didnt. She shouldn't end up bottom tier at all, mainly lower to lower mid tier (I strongly believe lower mid but many believe lower).

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
As much as for my passion for jigglypuff as in the past 2 game. I've officially decided that Jigglypuff is so bad in this game I droped here and now I main Diddy Kong. Using Jigglypuff in Brawl now is just usless and I've become much better in Brawl now that the fact that I've accepted that I can't main Jigglypuff in Brawl if I want to win.
If you were better at this game, then you wouldn't need to play a better character to win. Also, th...

hahaha, I forgot who you were and thought you were nessbounder so I was going to type up this douche baggy thing, because nessbounder is ******** when it comes to smash and advice and stuff, but now that I think about it, if I remember right, you're pretty ******** as well when it comes to advice and **** so I should have kept typing my earlier message in this post, lol.

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde
Of course, Bowyer, you shouldn't waste your time playing an inferior player like meh. I'm just stating my opinion that was derived from my experience from DKs, which isn't much. Thus, my analysis is probably inaccurate. :<

Still doesn't mean you can Rest DK when he tries to Fsmash you. lol

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If you were better at this game, then you wouldn't need to play a better character to win. Also, th...

hahaha, I forgot who you were and thought you were nessbounder so I was going to type up this douche baggy thing, because nessbounder is ******** when it comes to smash and advice and stuff, but now that I think about it, if I remember right, you're pretty ******** as well when it comes to advice and **** so I should have kept typing my earlier message in this post, lol.
That was really low. I'm not as bad as you think I am lol. Jigglypuff was holding me back so I just droped it. Usless to me now not even for a counterpick. Btw i still don't like u. w/e i don't rly care about the jiggly boards anymore. Don't expect me to be back unless if some super cool game breaking technique is found for Jigglypuff.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
That was really low. I'm not as bad as you think I am lol. Jigglypuff was holding me back so I just droped it. Usless to me now not even for a counterpick. Btw i still don't like u. w/e i don't rly care about the jiggly boards anymore. Don't expect me to be back unless if some super cool game breaking technique is found for Jigglypuff.
aww :( hahaha, at least you aren't as ****ing ******** as nessbounder :)

TheStig

Smash Lord
no more jiggly for the jigglymaster so...maybe change your name?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
no more jiggly for the jigglymaster so...maybe change your name?
Nah, for a while it was a bad thing because opponents automatically knew that i was using Jigglypuff, however now I've got the advantage because I don't use Jigglypuff in Brawl.

1. I use the name Dapuffster in tournies because it is my current nickname, (Jigglymaster is my old name I can't switch it once i've made it on places like SWF and youtube)

2. I still main Jigglypuff in Melee and N64

Glick

Smash Lord
Nah, for a while it was a bad thing because opponents automatically knew that i was using Jigglypuff, however now I've got the advantage because I don't use Jigglypuff in Brawl.

1. I use the name Dapuffster in tournies because it is my current nickname, (Jigglymaster is my old name I can't switch it once i've made it on places like SWF and youtube)

2. I still main Jigglypuff in Melee and N64
I saw you on AiB I think under the alias "dapuffster". You should report your 64 matchs more often.

playingdumb was pretty pissed.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Jigglypuff isn't bad, in terms of coolness. No other characters in any game can kill or even harm an opponent by falling asleep, which makes her god tier in coolness.

Bad in terms of the actual game? Yes. She basically lost her amazing aerial game and got rest nerfed badly, which means she is now useless competitively. Jigglypuff without a good WoP, aerial game, and a rest that kills early (something that leaves you that vulnerable and is hard to setup especially in Brawl should definately not kill at 70+) is basically a shell of her fomer glory. I will stick to her in friendlies because she is so **** fun, but I will never use her in a tournament because I might as well take my ca$h and burn it. And I will also still use her for fun/competitively in Melee and 64 because she doesn't suck in those game, especially Melee. In Brawl I'll just stick to Ness, at least he has potential to rise.

Gindler

Smash Champion
ness??? lol, ness is so bad. Jiggs is better than ness.
Hmmm, I belive Ness has the new ridiculously low kill move in brawl. PKT2 is too good and quite over powered.

And no more head band Jiggz was my biggest disappointment when I first played with her in brawl

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff got nerfed in brawl but I still like it's midair abilites mcuh better than kirby's.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Hmmm, I belive Ness has the new ridiculously low kill move in brawl. PKT2 is too good and quite over powered.
PKT2 is terrible. It might have a lot of knockback but how are you supposed to hit with it and its a really ****ty recovery move.

Glick

Smash Lord
lol. I think ness is better then jigglypuff. Best spike in the game. Recovery could be worse, I guess. Awesome kill moves. Good priority. Great air game. Terrible offstage air game.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol. I think ness is better then jigglypuff. Best spike in the game. Recovery could be worse, I guess. Awesome kill moves. Good priority. Great air game. Terrible offstage air game.
I have some problems with this argument. Ness' dair doesn't land that often, his recovery is close to the worst in the game, some of his moves have decent knockback but he doesn't have very good kill moves, and his air game is only decent. Sure he does have good priority, but his moves don't link together that good and its difficult to follow **** up with ness.

Top Bottom