• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

118 Pikachu Tricks (Added Skullbash Edgeguarding)

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
~*~ * ~ * ~ * ~ :025: :pikachu: :pichu: :pikachu2: ~ * ~ * ~ * ~*~

Currently 118 Tricks! Keep 'em coming!

Trick #77) Fly: QA Up into a Poison Mushroom and you'll immediately zoom into the air!​

Hey, this is Sparky. I'd love for you guys to post any Pikachu trick, ability, or glitch here. Even if it works on certain stages or characters, post it here and we'll discuss it. My goal's to get people to know that there's more to Pikachu than the QAC and chain grabs, so please take the time to read a few of these tricks. Maybe you'll like one or two and use them in a match, sometime.

These tricks may be useless (or known to some people), but I'm just getting these ideas out in the open. Some people don't know of the tricks that they could do with Pikachu, or may want concrete information, which is why I created this thread.

Most of these tricks are highly situational, at best. Of course, 100+ situational tricks should be especially helpful in a battle.

Most of these aren't ATs - they're just tricks that you can do with Pikachu.

*** Fire Tail ***

Video Guide of Some of the techniques:

Part One:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md848biPmWA&fmt=18

Part Two:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQ3cq1BDCs&fmt=18

List of ATs, General Discoveries, etc.: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187873

The Current List of Pikachu's Tricks
(use Ctrl F to find a specific technique)​

1) Not Pikachu-Specific

29) Pivot Wave Grabs
37) Crawling
38) Crawl Dashing
47) Sliding Attacks
63) Flying under stages
86) Doop Walking
90) Jab Lock
105) Shield-cancelled Running Grab
106) Reverse Jump-cancelled Up-smash

2) Pikachu-Specific

27) B-Reversed moves
54) D-throw and F-throw Chaingrab
56) Daze Cancel (Shield Break Cancel)
57) Daze Slope Cancel (Shield Break Slope Cancel)
36) Pikachu’s Combos
17) Attacks that can trip opponents
26) Using Volt Tackle Effectively
23) Dash Attack Wall Glitch
76) Dashing Grab w/ Dash Attack sound
77) Fly
78) Spark
82) Dive
89) Completely Silent Skull Bash
20) Pikastorming
25) v2 Pika-tilted Dair, v3 Running Dair)
Slipping Dair
19) Zero-lag aerials
109) Matrix Attacks with Stage Obstacles
110) Skull-bash halting on Stage Obstacles
111) Ground-cancelling a short-hopped D-smash
112) Breaking Down Luigi’s Mansion quickly
113) Corneria Lasers and Matrix Thunder

3) Character-Specific

28) Anti-MK Tornado Attacks

4) Thunderjolt Techniques

42) Down-tilted Thunderjolt
52) Pivoted Thunderjolt
64) Ledge Jolting
65) Double Circle Jolt
66) Hanging Jolt
104) Ball Lightning
108) T-jolt Lightshow

5) Thunder Techniques

Thunder: Easy

9) Thunder’s Invincibility Frames
6) Thunder Wall
4) Fast-Falled Thunder Cancel
5) Extended Thunder
75) Thunder Push
85) Phantom Thunder
81) Hyrule Thunder
87) Frigate Thunder

Thunder: Intermediate

3) Reverse Thunder
51) Pivot-Boosted Thunder
41) Thunder Walk
10) Thunder Guarding
67) Parallel Thunder
68) Bouncing Thunder
88) Black Hole Thunder

Thunder: Advanced

39) Thunder Wall jump (or Reverse Thunder Wall jump)
61) Thunder Boosting
62) Reverse Thunder Boosting

Thunder Manipulation

7) Cross Thunder
53) Matrix Thunder
103) Crawl-off Cross Thunder

6) Thunder Combos

1) Double and Triple Thunder
2) Quadruple Thunder
8) Thunair
69) Aftershock
107) Quintiple Thunder

7) Quick Attack Techniques

Quick Attack

14) QA Directions
33) QA Ground Cancel
31) QA > Free-fall
32) QA Wall Jump
11) QA > Falling Aerials/B-moves
25) Quickfooting
74) Quick-Stomping

Quick Attack Cancel

24) Quick Attack Cancel (Quack/QAC)
46) QAC Slope Canceling
49) QAC Hopping
16) QAC Guarding
35) QAC-lock
58) QAC Platform Fall
83) QAC Triangle-ing

8) Tilts

18) Pikaslide (Tilt pull)
34) Tail Whip Semi-Lock

9) Offstage Options

Recoveries

13) Wall jump Recovery w/o Attacks
22) Wall jump Stalling / Edgeguarding
21) Wall jump Recovery w/ Aerial Attacks
42) Skull Bash Recovery
50) Using Aerial Attacks to Recover
40) Cross Thunder Recovery / Thunder Recovery
72) Pika Warping
70) Pika Scarring V1
71) Pika Scarring V2

Ledge Options

43) Stagechu
44) Skull Boosting (3 Versions)

10) Edgeguarding

55) Jolt Blocking
10) Thunder Guarding
73) Headbutt Guard

11) Looking Flashy

60) Flash
48) Down Taunt – Uses
79) Rainbow Ball
80) The Pikachu Hyrule Jump
84) Pika’s Taunts and Somersaulting
91) Figure Skating
108) T-jolt Lightshow

12) Using Items

92) Using the Timers Effectively
93) Hothead charging
94) D-smashing Uniras
95) Poison Mushrooms
96) Super Mushrooms
97) Warp Stars
98) Green Shells
99) Gooey Bombs
100) Item Up-smash
101) Item Throw Cancel
102) Dash Cancel Item Throw

1) Double Thunder and Triple Thunder

a) Double Thunder
- normally used in edgeguarding certain characters (jump off of the stage and use Thunder twice)
- good for stalling in the air or mindgames (use thunder then fast fall an attack to catch them off-guard)
b) Triple Thunder
- change it up with Double Thunder and Reverse Thunder
- jump off of the stage and use Thunder 3 times (or use the Quadruple Thunder method)
- immediately QA back and grab the ledge
- good for mindgames (your opponent may not know when you'll use which kind of Thunder)

2) Quadruple Thunder

a) Go to the edge of the stage, and face away from the edge
b) Downtilt + Jump (you should be flying off the stage) + Thunder 3 more times, then recover
c) OR, Thunder 2 more times, jump, then Thunder again, and recover
d) Highly Situational (using the 4th Thunder may put you at risk for getting edgeguarded)
e) Since you will have an extra jump, you will be able to jump and attack out of the 1st-3rd Thunder and hopefully, be safe

3) Reverse Thunder

a) Jump left or right in the air, then do Thunder
b) Quickly tap the opposite direction (do a half-circle with your control stick) to change the momentum of Pikachu, which makes him go in the opposite direction of where he was going, but the Thunder will still land in the area at which you first entered the command to do Thunder.
c) Uses: Mind games, Spacing, Edge guarding (run towards the ledge/off of the ledge, then do a reverse thunder to return safely to the stage)

4) Fast-falled Thunder Cancel

a) You should be high above the stage (the ground/platform should be below you)
b) Fast fall a Thunder and land on the ground
c) If done correctly, after you use Thunder, you won't get hit with the Thunder, but you'll still be unable to do anything
d) Almost completely useless: not really a mindgame, but it might work...

5) Extended Thunder

a) Down-tilt + Jump + Thunder (all on the stage)
b) The lightning should stick further out in front of you than usual (more damage/bigger hitbox in front of you?)

6) Thunder Wall

a) You can do this by doing a thunder while you have forward or backwards momentum, so that the lightning doesn't hit you. Doing this makes a "Thunder Wall" that will keep most opponents on the other side of the lightning at bay, until the lightning runs out
b) Uses: Forcing approaches; hitting flying characters; blocking certain projectiles; hitting opponents in the air; protecting teammates while they recover or charge attacks

7) Cross Thunder

Every now and then, something odd happens whenever I try to do a narrow thunder wall (short distance between T1 and Pika's body). This postwas rushed out of excitement and is far from a tutorial.

Anyways, we have what we have: a temporary fusion of T1 (Thunder 1 - the "rod" > vertical hitstun) and T2 (Thunder 2 - the explosion from rod hitting 'Chu > OUCH hitstun).

Personal Observations thus far:
1. Two different heights
2. High one can be done on either side of T1. However, observed instances thus far have Pikachu facing opposite direction of where he is facing during the jump. *still testing > Does the reversal of Pikachu's sprite affect the distance and hitbox requirement for the passing of T1 and the explosion of T2 at the same time?
3. Low one is MUCH lower with pikachu exploding near the TOP of the lightning rod next to the stage.

*Still testing: effects of stages, slants, and walls, different reversals, short/full/double/QAC hop, and its applications in aerial play, edgeguarding, and offstage "Wall with Pain" (LITERALLY).

This beta vid is going to be my first video on this topic. I would appreciate any help or would like to help anyone else who have also discovered this. Responses would be cool too! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCZJeaCdoFM

8) ThuNair(Thunder + Nair Combo) - Pikachu's most amazing KO move

I have been learning something recently about how thunder can combo into nair. I have looked around and have not seen anything so i am posting it here. i have pulled it off vs a few of you, but i recently got a kill with it. look at the last death of this vid.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cY3TzCgRmY.
2nd vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wtrdY5-jOw
a) Basically, when your opponent is below you, and you hit them with the Thunder while in the air, they sometimes stay in place after the Lightning hits, which allows you to get a quick Nair off (Awesome KO move).
b) Also works with Thunder + Neutral A
c) Most effective when using it right above an opponent (in the upper region of their body)
d) Good setups: Hit someone's shield above them with the Thunair; Edgeguard with it, Tech chase when they're on the ground/tripped/recovering onto the ledge into Thunair;
e) It DOES work on the stage, but it may take practice
f) Highly situational, but it's definitely worth it.

9) Thunder's Invicibility Frames

a) During Pika's Thunder, when the lightning hits him, there's a time when any attack inflicted upon him will not cause them any knockback or damage, allowing the attack to continue.
b) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU_qnFJDU-E&feature=related
b2)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP24KR2nOzg&feature=related
c) Uses: canceling your opponent's laggy attacks (maybe a final smash?); mindgames; canceling out projectiles

10) Edge guarding / Tricking opponents with Thunder (Thunder Guarding)

a) Jump off of the edge of the stage and either use Thunder, Double Thunder, Triple Thunder, Quadruple Thunder
b) Stay near the edge of the stage and Spam Thunder
c) While hanging to the ledge, drop down, jump up, and use Thunder
d) While hanging to the ledge, press up, then use Thunder (to trick aggressive players who are on the stage who will think that you'll come up, normally)
e) Jump and use Reverse Thunder (good if you may want to stay off of the stage or grab the ledge again)

11) QA to "Falling" Aerials/B-moves

a) QA to the ledge of the stage (or the ledge of a platform), as if you're going to grab it
b) Instead of grabbing the ledge, immediately tap A (you should do a falling nair). If you immediately tap B, you'll do a quick falling thunderjolt
c) Jump back on to the stage
d) (You can also QA into a falling Thunder)
e) Situational; (I used this as a surprise KO/edgeguarding tactic)
f) May be useful if you combine this with QAC and do it off of the edges of platforms (For example, QA + QA to edge of platform + Falling Aerial/B-move[/COLOR]

12) Down-tilted Thunderjolt

a) Either Down tilt + Thunderjolt (should make you move a bit further back)
b) Or, Downtilt + Jump + Thunderjolt (should also make you move further back)
c) Mix it up with other camping methods/spacing/mindgames/etc.
d) Can be used to jump over certain projectiles or for retreating methods

13) Wall jump back onto the stage using no attacks (Tested on Final Destination)

a) Fall down to the curvy area (can't exactly describe it) where it's easiest to wall jump
b) Once you wall jump, try to hug the wall as you're coming back up to the stage - you should be able to land back onto the stage without any lag
c) No attacks are involved - you only need to walljump
d) Used for surprise recoveries, getting in a quick attack, mind gaming into doing attacks off of the stage, etc.

14) Not-as-common QA directions (more commonly seen with Fox's Up-B)

a) You may need to practice with Fox's Up-B, then Pikachu's QA, this to get it down-pact
b) Try to QA in between Up and Diagonally up from the Right/Left, in between Left and Diagonally left downwards/upwards, etc.
c) I really see this being most used when recovering from situations where the normal directions (regular diagonals and the regular right, left, down, and up) will keep you from getting back to the ledge/stage. For example, near the bottom center of Final Destination. Using these directions may help you reach the stage, rather than the ledge, when the regular directions won't cut it.
d) It can also be used for mixing up your regular QACed attacks/camping strategies/spacing

15) Spikes / Semi-Spikes

1) D-Smash
a) If your opponent is hanging from the ledge, below you, or coming from the air below you, and you're on the stage/platform and near/right above that opponent, then it is possible to do a Down-smash and have your opponent sent directly down or diagonally down to score a KO - works best with high percents
2) U-air
a) The very tip of Pikachu's tail does a Semi-Spike (they go in a diagonally-downward trajectory)
3) Thunder
a) The very bottom of Thunder spikes if the opponent is directly under Pika (video, please!)
4) N-air and Skull Bash
a) These stage spike if the opponent is hanging onto the ledge

16) Edge-Quacking (edge guarding with the QAC)

a) Tap away from the ledge, then QA away, then back (you may either land on the stage or grab the ledge)
b) QA up, then down (and vice versa)
c) On a place such as FD, Walljump + QA
d) Tap Up, or short hop onto the stage (while still in the air), then QA diagonally down to grab the ledge again
e) QA diagonally down/up, then back to the ledge
f) QAC up/diagonally up, then diagonally down/directly down to the stage, and follow up with an attack (skull bash, jolt, nair, etc.)

17) Attacks that trip opponents easily

a) The AAA combo has a good chance of causing your opponent to trip, so it's decently reliable if you have good reaction time. So, you can follow up with a forward smash for an easy kill, if your opponent is at a high percent.
b) Since im not too good with it, yet, I tend to slow down my AAA, and hope that my opponent works
c) Pretty situational - your opponent may not trip, so if that happens, keep mashing A to get your opponent out of range

18) Pikaslide / Tilt Pull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnr7P5Ms9A0

a) Flying-type: Do a Down tilt and then jump; you should jump slightly backwards
b) Ground-type:
I absolutely LOVE how everyone's excited about it but no one's even bothered posting how to do it to the extent K Prime was.

Do a D-Tilt and hold the control stick the direction you want Pikachu to move in.
RIGHT after the D-Tilt, Pikachu will enter a "Walking" animation (One where you're tilting the control stick instead of tapping) . Depending on when you hit the C-Stick after this point, you can slide different distances.

The potential I see here? Mindgames. They think they're going to hit you from above after D-Tilt, but you "Pikaslide" (Pikadash doesn't fit well for something that moves you backwards) off to the side a little and reward them them 20,000 volts of Rapetricity. **** yeah, this is going to be as awesome as Quick Attack Cancel, I think.

19) Zero-lag aerials

a) This means that after you use an attack in the air, if timed properly, once you land on the ground, you won't experience any lag from that attack.
b) Fair > Short-hop
c) Bair > Full hop (when used as you leave the ground)
d) Dair > Short hop (when used as you leave the ground or Pika Slide a jump)
e) Uair > Full Hop
f) Thunderjolts > Full Hop (when used as you leave the ground)

20) Pikastorming

a) Jump + Dair at the same time by flicking the C-stick downwards as soon as you jump to decrease the start-up lag of Dair and prevent Pika from slamming his head on the ground
b) It does 12% (while the lightning from Thunder does 10%)
c) Awesome for follow-ups at low-percents: grabs, tilts, etc.
[/COLOR]

21) Wall jump back onto the stage using attacks (Tested on Final Destination)

a) Fall down to the curvy area where it's easiest to wall jump
b) As soon as you wall jump, use the n-air, b-air, or u-air (not tested), and try to hug the wall as you're coming back up to the stage - you should be able to land back onto the stage as you do the attack (so far, works for b-air and n-air)
c) If your opponent is near the edge, you may be able to hit them with the last few frames of your attack
d) Used for surprise recoveries, getting in a fast attack, mind gaming into doing attacks off of the stage, etc.

22) Wall jump stalling/edgeguarding (for lack of a better name) ((Tested on Final Destination))

a) Fall down to the curvy area
b) As soon as you wall jump, stay in that area for however long, then QA once or twice back to the edge

23) Dash-attack + Wall Glitch (Tested on Final Destination)

a) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkuqgBy7sn8
b) Now imagine Pikachu as Wario, but doing a dash-attack that ends at the edge of the stage adjacent to where Wolf was at during the time. The same thing will happen.
c) This has been tested on Final Destination, but the opponent was Pikachu (me), and I did a Skull Bash which hugged the area that Wolf was at, and the other Pikachu (Mr. E) did a dash-attack on the stage that knocked me off of that curvy area. (I fell to my doom)
d) Usefulness?!? - If someone is hugging that curvy area under FD, and you just happened to be in the position to do a dash-attack to knock that person off...

24) Quick-Attack Cancel (Quack)

a)How to Perform: Do a Quick Attack into the ground, then jump. It can be your first or second Quick Attack and can be performed at any downward angle.
b) Effect: When Pikachu hits the ground, there will be a brief period, during which you can do anything you normally would after a single jump. So far, the only attacks that do not cause him to go into a normal landing animation are his d-air and B-moves.

c) OP: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=151405
d) See QAC Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197489 for more details
-taken from Brawl AT section-

25) Quickfooting

a) How to Perform: After footstooling an enemy, Quick Attack straight downward into them. At the end of the Quick Attack, do a QAC and attack with the aerial of your choice.
b) Effect: The footstool jump + Quick Attack stuns your enemy long enough to allow Pikachu to land any aerial on his opponent. Alternatively, you can skip the QAC and D-air or Thunder your target instead.
c) Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y616JeZb8a8
-taken from Brawl AT section-

26) Using Volt Tackle Effectively

a) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPkvuAahyEs
b) Press A to make the ball of light flash

27) Moves that can be B-reversed

a) Neutral – Yes
b) Side-B – Yes
c) Up-B – Yes
d) Down-B – Yes (Reverse Thunder)

For those who don't know, B-reversal is inputing a special move and immediately reversing the direction of the move by moving the control stick very quickly in the direction opposite of your character's face. In other words, if you're facing right, you can input a special move (B-move) and immediately slam left on the control stick (after pressing B) to perform the special move facing left.

What's so great about B-reversal? Well, you can do these from a full-speed running/dashing animation. That is, you could be running full-speed (not just the initial dashing/foxtrot animation) to the right and immediately do a side-B to the left. This could really help out a lot of characters, but I've barely seen this put to use in any videos.

Here is a super-small demonstration of how B-reversal could be used: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gam3m2w7rNI
28) The Anti-MK Tornado Attacks

A-D work really well, easily override the Tornado, and are fairly easy to set up

a) Thunder
b) F-Smash (from the sides)
c) D-Smash
d) U-Smash (when the tornado is above the ground)
e) Thunder Jolt - Requires good precision and timing; Aim it towards to top of the Tornado to hit MK
f) N-air; B-air (from the top)
(Taken from http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191593&highlight=Pikachu)

29) Pivot Wave Grab

a) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX3P9qIOzhU (starts at 5:04)

30) The weird D-air

This was done on Final Destination. I did a D-air that landed on the ground, next to the ledge, but I then fell off of the stage, while continuing the D-air animation.

I don't know how I exactly angled the D-air, but I'm trying to recreate it. It seems like it may be useful in specific situations.

31) QA > Free-fall

Imagine that you're in the position to do a QA > Falling Attack. Well, I discovered that depending on your positioning, once you do QA diagonally downward to the ledge, it'll seem like you just walked off the ledge. You'll still have your second jump, and you can do anything out of the QA.

32) QA > Wall-jump

Once you QA to the ledge, you should be in the Free-fall state. Immediately wall-jump (tested on Final Destination)

33) QA Ground Cancel (for lack of a better name)

If you QA at a downward angle right next to the ledge, you'll be able to "cancel" the QA and follow up with any attack (including tilts, grabs, etc.)

34) Tail Whip Lock

a) Though it's more of a combo, you can get some easy damage off of your opponent by spamming tail whip while they're hugging a wall
b) see thread for details: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195481

35) QAC Lock

a) Basically, when your opponent's at 0%, D-throw > U-tilt > jump and Footstool (they should trip) > Quick foot QAC> constantly QAC from left to right (they should be unable to get up)> end with f-smash
b) See thread for details: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182126

36) Pikachu's Combos

a) The List of Pikachu's Combos: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196602
b) Grab-Release Combos: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190190

37) Crawling

a) Hold down, then move forward or backward
b) Uses: Dodging projectile attacks (or regular attacks) that would normally hit pika, such as Falco's lasers, or Captain Falcon's jab
c) Mindgames: you can easily run out of the crawling state to get a quick grab or attack in), and your opponent will be questioning what you'll do next (while you think of a strategy to win?)
d) Approaching: Down tilt is able to nullify certain projectiles (like mario's fireballs) and attacks, which will allow you to get closer to your opponent (and tick them off)

38) Crawl Dashing

I pointed out the time in my last post in this thread. (1:21) on that "RATS EVERYWHERE" Video.
Like I said, it's something situational. This, however is not:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DdrCtmUGoyw

Crawl Dashing. A Technique to dodge Falco's lasers while still moving foward. Think of the awesomeness.
a) If you read this, then go on brawl and use it with kirby NOW.
b) Also useful for taunting
c) Possible approach (for mindgames)

39) Reversed Thunder Wall jump (and Thunder Wall jump) (tested on FD)

a) Go down to the curvy area, then wall jump + immediately do a reverse thunder (or regular Thunder), then immediately QA back to the stage (you should be really below the stage, but you can make it!)
b) Uses: hitting an unsuspecting opponent on the stage in that one spot where thunder hits it (that's about it)!

40) Cross Thunder / Thunder Recovery (tested on FD)

a) Jump off the ledge, then jump back onto the stage while doing Thunder. If done correctly, during the last few frames of the lightning should hit you as you're standing still.

b) Jump off the ledge, then jump back onto the stage while using Thunder. If done correctly, the Thunder should hit you right as you land on the stage

41) Thunder Walk

a) Once you're hanging to the ledge, jump off then use a Thunder, but position your self so that once the Thunder hits you, you'll be able to hover a very short distance back to the stage.
b) You should have just about 0 lag once you land on the stage, and you can follow up with a jump, attack, shield, etc.
b) Uses: mindgames; getting quick attacks in, etc.

42) Skull Bash recovery (tested on final destination)

a) If you use skull bash towards the ledge, if sweetspotted correctly, you should immediately grab the ledge

b) If you skullbash, but hit slightly above the ledge, pikachu should skullbash in that area for awhile, then move above the ledge and continue the skull bash animation

c) Skull bash is able to semi-spike an opponent if they're holding the ledge

d) Uses: Grabbing the ledge; mindgames; hitting opponents

e) On FD, you can wall jump, then skull bash to grab the ledge (good for people who are aggressive and will try to hit you off of the stage or grab the ledge)

43) Stagechu

a) Go down to the lip of FD, Walljump, then do a reversed thunderjolt. It should hit the lip then go back onto the stage

b) Uses: Surprise attack/Camping (most people expect you to jump up from the ledge and use thunderjolt) mix it up!

c) (you can also go into the lip and fire a thunderjolt into it to make it go back onto the stage)

44) Skull boosting

Version A
a) Do a charged skull bash on the stage that ends at the ledge (you should immediately fall off)
b) If done correctly, after you skull bash, you should be walking off of the ledge
c) You can immediately execute a thunder, jump, thunderjolt, aerial, etc. out of the skull bash
d) uses: surprise attacks/mind games
e) Example: Go to one end of FD, walk a couple steps, then charge skullbash to the max. Once skullbash ends, immediately do a thunderjolt as you slide off of the stage.

Version B
a) Do a charged skull bash on the stage that ends right at the ledge, but immediately jump. You should be able to execute attacks as soon as you jump.
b) Uses: surprise attacks/mind games

Version C

a) Do a regular or charged skull bash on the stage and aim it towards the ledge. If done correctly, you should fly a bit off of the stage, but grab the ledge
b) Uses: grabbing the ledge quickly or surprising your opponent

45) Short-hopped D-air ground cancel

a) Normally, if you short hop a D-air, the D-air animation will continue once you hit the ground. (pikachu will headbutt the ground)
b) Try to run/walk and do a D-air so that once the animation ends, you'll land without headbutting the ground
c) It can also be done by doing a pikaslide, then D-airing with some DI

46) QAC Slope-canceling

I'm not too sure if you guys have noticed by now, but when Pikachu QACs directly downward into a slope, he lingers in the air a bit more and is pushed along said slope. So now we have a Pikachu hovering REALLY close to the ground, but still having enough time to get at least the first hitbox of one of his aerials going, unlike with a QAC on a flat surface.

You can notice it the most on Green Hill Zone. Get on the steeper part of the slope, QAC directly downward, and use an aerial. The hardest to perform is Dair, but even that's viable with enough of a slope. If needed, I can make and upload a video of me pulling this off repeatedly with all of the aerials.
47) Sliding Attacks

a) Jump in the air (you may want to get some horizontal momentum). Once you land on the ground, walk a little bit in the direction that you landed, then initiate an attack. Pika should "slide" while he does the attack.
b) For example, I run to the right with Pikachu, jump while keeping my momentum, then land while holding the control stick to the right. Then I walk for a few frames, and do a F-smash. Pikachu should slide while he does the F-smash.
c) Apparently, this is much more effective if you do a sliding attack on a downward slope.

48) Down taunt

a) I'm sure you all know this, but once down taunt is initiated, Pikachu slides on the ground and his height significantly decreases.
b) Applications: Dodging projectiles; attacks; looking awesome; making your opponent more aggressive

49) Quack hopping

a) QAC in place for an extended period of time (Pika should look like he's hopping up and down)
b) Uses: Using a different kind QAC out of it; following up with combos; scaring your opponent/mindgames; possibly ending the Quack hop in the same place and using f-smash or thunder; the list goes on

50) Using Aerials for Recovery (Don't Air-dodge anymore!)

a) Read this thread for details: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192522
b) Here's a demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qAVsFk9Eug
c) For vertical recovery, instead of air-dodging, use D-air. You'll be pushed down further than you would if you air-dodged.
d) For horizontal recovery, replace air-dodging with F-air. You may want to D-air if you want to change your upward momentum quickly. (Experiment with them!)

I have a comment about #50 in the list (recovering with aerials) I read the thread on that, and it seems like the most important trait of the aerial you want to use is its speed. momentum-changing aerials like dair won't work the same way when you're knocked upward, so it would be better to use a faster aerial like bair or nair. When recovering from the side of the stage, fair has a larger startup lag than uair and nair, so those should be used instead. You could also use bair if you're pretty far above the stage.

btw, this is a rly interesting thread, good job on finding so many things that I would've never discovered on my own :D

51) Pivoted Thunder

a) Dash in one direction, then do a Reverse Thunder on the ground. Pikachu should do a mini wavedash backwards and face the other direction when Thunder hits him.
b) Uses: Spacing; Spacing a Thunder
c) Mix it up with other grounded Thunder attacks
d) It's really noticeable if you do it next to an edge (like FD). It'll look like Pikachu dashed off of the edge then came back and got hit by Thunder.

52) Pivoted Thunderjolt

Version A
a) Flick the control stick left or right (Pikachu should dash then stop) then do a reverse Thunderjolt

Version B
a) Dash in one direction for awhile, then do a reverse thunderjolt on the ground. Pikachu should immediately face the other way and do a Thunderjolt. (This may require practice)

53) Matrix Thunder

a) See thread for details: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203797

54) F-throw and D-throw Chaingrab

a) See thread for video and details: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162368&highlight=pikachu+chain+grab+fthrow+dthrow

b) Mix these up with attacks, grab attacks, and pivot grabs. (see the video at the beginning of the thread)

55) Jolt Blocking

a) While your opponent is on their second jump or they have just used their Up Special to try to return to the stage, you may jump up with Pikachu and use Thunder Jolt.
b) If aimed correctly, the ball will hit the opponent and they will fall for a few frames.
c) Characters that do not have good enough recovery will most likely fall to their death and you can always use this again, edgehog, or use some other edgeguard tactics. (taken from pikachu guide)

56) Daze Cancel (Shield Break Cancel)

a) Stand at the edge of the stage, and face the edge. Then let your shield break.
b) As soon as Pika falls to the ground, he'll enter the "Dazed" state, and move a bit back and forth. He'll immediately fall off of the edge once his foot moves off of the ledge.
c) Things you can do out of the daze cancel:
-Any Aerial (Daze Attack Cancel)
-Grab the ledge (Daze Ledge Cancel)
-Jump (Daze Jump Cancel)
d) If you face away from the ledge and break your shield, it'll take longer for you to do a Daze Cancel
e) If you hold the control stick towards the stage after Pika enters the Dazed state, he'll immediately hover to the stage, with no landing lag.

57) Daze Slope Cancel (Shield Break Slope Cancel?)

a) It's very similar to the Quick Attack Slope Cancel
b) Break your shield, and as soon as you land on a sloped area, use an aerial to cancel your would-be dazed state.

c) If you want to surprise your opponent on a map like Brinstar, just go to either edge of the middle right platform, break your shield, and you'll be back to your free state, meaning you can immediately attack, grab, run towards your surprised opponent, etc.

58) QAC Platform Fall

a) QA Down on a platform, then hold down. Pikachu will fall through the platform. You also can fast fall it, and use attacks out of it.

59) Silent Skull Bash
a) Run, short hop, then immediately do reverse skull bash as close to the ground as you can. If done correctly, you'll only hear the "Piiiiiiii...." coming from skull bash - without the sound of the waves of power rushing into him.
b) Uses: Just for looks; possible mindgame

Hey, I managed to pull off the Silent Skull Bash in a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz4bupy4zWg

Sonic did NOT expect me to hit the spring. :D

60) Flash

a) Do an F-air, but do it close enough to the ground so that it auto-cancels. So, right before you land, do an F-air. Pikachu should stand on the stage as soon as you use the F-air. A few sparks will also come out whenever you do this. You can use anything out of Flash.
b) Main use: Looking flashy (hence the name Flash) Chain a lot of short-hopped Flashes together, or combine Flash with another move (Flash + A)
c) Other uses: Canceling laggy attacks or a laggy landing
d) Mindgames - chain laggy F-airs with Flash

61) Thunder Boosting

a) Run off of a platform or ledge, and use Thunder as soon as you leave it. There's a certain point on the edge where Pikachu will get a significant boost when he runs off of the ledge. If done correctly, Pikachu will gain more momentum than usual as he uses Thunder.
b) Testing: Go to battlefield, and try to use Thunder Boost off of the top platform. Pikachu should slide off of the top platform, then the middle platform, and then fall off of the stage.

62) Reverse Thunder Boosting

a) Run off of a platform or ledge, but use a Reverse Thunder as soon as you leave it. Pikachu should immediately turn backwards and get a significant boost in that direction. He should gain more momentum than usual as he uses a Reverse Thunder off of the ledge.
b) Testing: Go to battlefield, and try to use a Reverse Thunder Boost off of the top platform. Pikachu should immediately turn backwards and end up under the middle platform's center

63) Flying under stages

a) For stages like Smashville, Final Destination, and Battlefield, Pikachu can go under the stage and reach the other end of the stage by...
b) 1) Jump off of the stage, then aim a charged skull bash that will fly through the bottom
2) Once skull bash ends, immediately QA to reach the ledge (you may need to QA twice)

64) Ledge Jolting

-I'm going to call the trajectory that the jolt makes as it goes from the top of the ledge to the bottom the Circle.
a) 1st type: Extended Circle - this one has the most range and looks like a full circle when it goes over the ledge
b) 2nd type: Regular Circle - this one has medium range and doesn't go over the ledge as far as the extended Circle.
c) 3rd type: Tighter Circle - this one has the shortest range. The Circle can be seen moreso on the stage than over the ledge. The Thunder Jolt should look more like a line than a Circle as it crosses the ledge.
d) 4th type: Thunder Ball - if you stand at the edge and fire a Thunder Jolt, a ball of lightning will come out that will have a diagonally-downward trajectory

65) Double Circle Jolt

a) To do this, you're going to need good positioning. I tested this on Battlefield, and, well, I'll describe to you where I did it:
b) I did it on the ground, facing the left. It was 1 baby step to the left of the bluish-purplish glowing circle (right outside of it). Pikachu's tail should be hanging in between the house-looking rock structure in background.
c) Spam a few jolts until you get it right. If done correctly, the Thunder Jolt will actually circle the ledge twice in nearly same spot before going down to the bottom of the stage.
d) It can be done on FD if you spam jolt in between the 2 arrows while facing the ledge.

66) Hanging Jolt

a) Pick a stage with a platform that moves sideways (for this example, pick Smashville)
b) Jump on top of the platform, and move slightly away from the edge (enough to where if you do a thunderjolt, it won't fly off of the platform in the form of a ball. The thunderjolt should land on the moving platform and end as soon as it touches the bottom.
c) As the platform moves in one direction (for example, to the right), face the left, and spam thunderjolt. If done correctly, instead of going touching and along the platform, the thunderjolt will make a circle in mid-air.
d) It's most effective when the platform has gained the most momentum (near the middle of the stage)

67) Parallel Thunder

That sounds like what raptor said happened to him a lot on smashville for the "cross thunder effect." When pikachu is under the platform, the rod is separated (either you just went below the platform, or the platform moved over/past you). It'll look like 2 separate thunders and depending on how you move or set it up, it could be parallel. This works with any stage with a moving platform. Also just to confirm if what i am talking about is the same things as this thread: does the "second thunder without a cloud" form above the platform or only below the platform. What is happening is that the rod which is continuously hitting the platform, suddenly can pass through again, so it does while the first part of the rod is still happening. If the late thunder hits pikachu again, that's a minature cross thunder. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, a fledgeling smashboards'er
68) Bouncing Thunder

a) Pick Pictochat, and wait until the scenery changes to the springs on both ends of the stage.
b) Jump on one of the springs, and spam Thunder. If done correctly, you should be able to use Thunder at a much more rapid rate than usual.
c) This also work with any springy thing that you can bounce off of: sonic's spring, stage-builder springs, regular item springs, etc.

69) Aftershock

a) http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=vNxcn9fsJv0
b) Apparently, if your opponent jumps into the grounded explosion that Thunder makes on a platform, he'll get hit once by the lightning, then get propelled up and hit again.
c) This most likely works at low percents, only. I need someone to test this on platforms such as the ones in Yoshi's Island and Battlefield.

70) Pika Scarring (Version 1)

I think I found something worth mentioning (Credit Please)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYdJXeytVo&feature=related
Please look at 1:07.
Instead of grabbing the edge, Wolf cancels the edge and ends up standing there.

I found a way to consistantly do this with Pikachu.
Go on FD (only stage I tested this on), and wall jump. The wall jump should lead you right beside the edge. Before you end up grabbing the edge, you should end up standing near the edge. From here you can do any attack.

Make sure to QA as close to the edge as possible.
71) Pika Scarring (Version 2) *Needs a name*

a) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYdJXeytVo&feature=related

Also, if you check the video at 2:04,
Pikachu can do that too.
If you do the same thing as above, you will sometimes end up doing this (Needs more testing) This can be used to edgeguard or edge hop, or even for flashyness.

Right now, I do not know how to consistently do it, but I think this can make Pika look even flashier.

If someone could try this and help us distinguish to properly do both forms of ledge scarring, please post.
72) Pika Warping

I really don't use pikachu, but i was just messing around with him and something happend.

I was on Final Destination's ledge. I did the tap down into jump off. I went to qac once i got above the ledge and ended up going below, then BACK onto the stage THROUGH it.
It was like when Wolf does his over b through stages.

If this is common knowledge to pikachu users, i appologize. It just made my jaw drop a bit when i did it.

Here's the video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Tx8qyJaBw
73) Headbutt Guard

a) Simply spam A near the ledge when someone's trying to recover. This will really mess up the characters with bad recoveries if they get caught in the flurry of headbutts.

74) Quick-Stomping ( QA to D-air )

1. Jump up with pikachu into the air and then get to a point so that if you quick attack downwards, it will cancel into the ground.
2. Cancel quick-attack into the ground.
3. While doing this, hold down on the directional stick down the entire time.
4. Then, when ending, hit A so that you do a Dair into the ground while coming out of the quick-attack.
NOTE: Can be done diagonally into the ground.
(Sorry no video)

75) Thunder Push (needs a better name)

a) You're going to need another player to help you with this.
b) Go to the edge of the stage (you should still be standing on it), and use Thunder. The other player should be shielding near you. For example..

YX_____________________ <- The Stage

c) Y (you) use Thunder, and X (the other guy) is shielding. The Thunder will hit the other player's shield, causing you to be pushed off of the stage at a diagonally-upward angle.
d) Uses: As soon as you the Thunder Animation ends, surprise your opponent with an aerial or quickly come down to snag a grab. (since most ordinary people don't know about this technique)

76) Dash Grab with the Dashing A-attack Sound

a) Dash, then hold C-stick down and Z at the same time.
b) If done correctly, instead of hearing the normally quiet sound when you do a dashing grab, you'll hear the dashing A-attack sound when you grab.
c) Uses - Maybe your opponent will hear the Dash-attack sound and shield, causing you to get a free grab? But they need really good reflexes for that. This technique is really just for show.

77) Fly
Version 1
a) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J_2nrkmheU
b) First, you must either get enlarged by a mushroom or by reward at the Wario Ware stage. At the instant you shrink, use up B and you'll soar in the air~
c) You've learned Fly. Grats.
Version 2
a) QAC Upwards into a poison mushroom, and you'll instantly Fly
b) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V32ZUkmUW9s start at 2:00

78) Spark

a) Space yourself far enough away from a sandbag so that once you use A, sparks with come out of the sandbag.
b) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGpJexvWkyk
c) Uses: Killing time in the waiting room.

A use for that "Spark" trick is to get used to the range of Pikachu's moves. If you space yourself well enough, you can find out that Up-Tilt has more range than D-Smash and F-Tilt has less range than Jab.
79) Rainbow Ball

a) Have Pikachu get a Smash ball, then have another player put a smokebomb on Pikachu.
b) After using the final smash, Pikachu will fly around with smoke coming out of the lightning ball.
c) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCMlsnnLBHE

80) The Pikachu Hyrule Jump

a) Thank Piman for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ayTCbx88o
b) This is flashy enough to stun your opponent long enough for a Thunder KO

81) Hyrule Thunder

a) Pikachu's Thunder can go through certain areas of the stage.
b) This is a more used version of Phantom Thunder
c) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sz54_2vWx0

82) Dive

You have to QA while swimming, not when you're about to hit the water. There's a bit of a timing window involved, too. If you hold up and delay in pressing B, you'll just jump out of the water and land back in it. Even with Tap Jump off, you still jump out of the water if you hold up, do make sure to press Up+B in a decent timeframe. It's not that hard; in fact, I can pull it off on 1.5x regular speed.
a) http://www.smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5221909

b) You can dive down from the right side of the ship or the far left side of the rock so that you're under the rock to the left of the Pirate Ship. You'll actually be able to jump up and down through the rock o.O Pikachu = Ghost/Rock type yes?

c) You can ALSO Dive from one side of the ship to the other while you have the Star. Who else can do that? :)

83) Triangle'ing with QAC

Oh... triangle'ling with QaC. Most pikachu's do this already (anther/raptor/esam/mr.E) in their sleep; its not a tech but still and application of QaC that hasn't been posted much (just adding more to the list for 100 techs).

You Quick attack forwards then QaC diagonal downwards in any directions (mostly back to original position). Or you can jump QA foward then QaC diagonally downwards in either direction (going back to original position makes a triangle). When doing the triangle, it hits opponents twice, and with good spacing, it has decent priority. Can be used offensively with stationary QaC every now and then for mindgames. <<<< quickest way to make the opponent go crazy :)

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er
84) Pika's Taunts (feel free to add any)

a) Walking slow
b) Somersaulting: Continuously roll backwards (time your rolls so that you don't see the shield when you roll). Throw in some N-airs and backwards short/full hops as well to make it look more flashy.
c) The rest of Pika's Taunts: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210990

85) Phantom Thunder

a) The Lightning from Thunder can go through any stage/platform as long as the Cloud is close enough to it (or inside of it).

86) Doop Walking

a) See thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207336

87) Frigate Thunder

a) when Frigate Orpheon is flipping, if you thunder, you don't get flipped WITH the stage.

88) Black Hole Thunder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6hkFibSlzU

a) Basically, if you get the positions and timing right, you can "suck" your opponent(s) into your Thunder when Orpheon Flips. Very awesome indeed.

89) Completely Silent Skull Bash

Even though Silent Skull Bash is useless, I thought I'd share that sometimes it's completely silent. As in, no sound whatsoever, not even the "Piiiii~"

I was messing around on FD in Training Mode, and sometimes when I ran off the ledge, then quickly did a jump > reverse SB, Pika would Skull Bash with no sound at all. Only the "KA!" at the end made any noise.

If only we could get silent thunders.... THAT would be hot.

90) Jab Lock

a) When your opponent has fallen on the ground, use A at timely intervals in order to keep your opponent from getting up.
b) You can also QA through the fallen opponent, then continue with the Jab Lock.
c) Demonstration and Uses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R-LIyGnzxs

91) Figure-skating

On Icy or slippery Areas (Pokemon Stadium 2 (Ice), Summit):

Charge an F-Smash. Take a bit of time to slide, then release it. This can also be done with Up-Smash by charging it during a dash, and D-Smash by stutter stepping it.

Pikachu's D-Tilt, F-Tilt, and Skull Bash (if you start charging on the ground) will instantly stop Pikachu's momentum when he's sliding.

Call this one figure skating because that's essentially what Pikachu's doing when he stutter steps a D-Smash.

92) Using the Timers effectively

Through Timers, either Pikascarring becomes a HELL of a lot easier, or Pikachu can get an easy KO.
•Whenever the timer slows an opponent, F-Smash. Repeatedly. The lightning delays their ability to escape. Even with good DI, you should be able to land at least 2 F-Smashes in a row them. If you're good, (or they suck) you can land 5 or more.
•If the timer slows down Pikachu, get to an edge. You can press the control stick away to drop away, then press the control stick back to the ledge to grab it instantly. Alternately however, you can quick attack towards the stage and you'll do a Pikascar. It's kind of useless however, since you're slowed down and such...
93) Hothead-charging

Hotheads are best powered up by throwing them upwards into Thunder, then F-Smashing them as they hit the ground.
94) D-smashing Uniras

Uniras can cause a LOT of pain to others when D-Smashed. The multiple hits often keep the Unira sucked in with your opponent and make it expose and retract its spikes repeatedly, doing 10 damage each time.
95) Poison Mushrooms

Poison Mushrooms hinder the range and power every attack you have but Quick Attack and Skull Bash. Use those wisely, in other words, escaping. Tiny QAC looks sexy any ways. Dont forget about crawling! It remains the same speed as before you shrank with HALF the size. You can completely crawl under Falco's Lasers now!
96) Super Mushrooms

Super Mushrooms are a bit more... "instinctive" to use. You have giant Thundershocks, a HUGE-RANGE F-Smash, and a SUPER LIGHTNING **** SPIN. Abuse them. Massively. Just remember that QAC doesn't make as much of an impact as it does usually and you're now a huge yellow target.
97) Warp Stars

Warp Stars: Fun to mess with when you get the aim right. When the explosion occurs, you're free to do any aerial or special. At low percents, I like to follow the opponent's trajectory with a Dair. If you're feeling fancy, however, you may try a QAC->Thunder.
98) Green Shells

Green Shells: Instinct says to pick them up and throw them. I say to do a moving short hop over one while doing thunder. With the right timing, one bolt will come, Pikachu will bounce on the shell, then be able to do a second Thunder shortly after. It's like an Electric Fence.
99) Gooey Bombs

Gooey Bombs: Pick it up and use quick attack cancel to get to your opponent. That's the beauty of the Gooey Bomb-ANY physical contact would get it stuck to the other. Same principle with Snake's C4. So a simple QAC through them would get the bomb stuck to them while getting you out of immediate attack range. If there's no one around to stick the bomb to, throw it elsewhere. The Gooey Bomb never first sticks to the one that picked it up.
100!!!) Item Up-smash

Tired of fighting Diddy's and ROB's and Zamus's while their junk is on the ground???
1 & 2) I give you.... the item up-smash, and itemthrow cancel:

Simple enough, just do a dash-canceled up-smash while dash-picking the item. It'll hit a Zamus/rob/ and especially diddy kong attempting to dash-grab the item. Just an situational option that'll result in them taking an up-smash in the face.
aerials can also be buffered while keeping items by using certain aerials similar to how my bro Toon Link buffers aerials without throwing bombs. I think pika's u-air may be one, dunno yet. it'll be great against diddys if we can u-air>f-air without throwing banana. Can't get to wii right now... some1 test it and update the tricks thread with pika specific details. I'll test if some1 else doesn't do it before i come back.

101) Item Throw-Cancel

=Muhznit;6701056Trick 2 for the item-throw cancel of this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUGQMD1F1pE
102) Dash Cancel Item Throw

Once an item is held, one can Dash-cancel throw instead of roll throwing. Needa figure how much distance pika goes first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si5wKRR-5_c
103) Crawl-off Cross Thunder

Found something new ^_^.

So basically, you crawl and continue to crawl backwards into the edge (you shouldn't fall off). You then proceed to thunder while crawling into the edge. This makes you fall off while thundering, but the cool part is that the thunder doesn't seem to hit Pikachu, but yet manages to stall in the air.

Names are open for discussion.
a) Depending on your crawling speed while crawling off backwards, you can easily do a Cross Thunder. You'll have to crawl backwards quickly, then Thunder off of the stage. It should hit you at about the end of the lightning.

104) Ball Lightning

WHY HELLO SOMEWHAT-DEAD THREAD! Here, have a new Pikachu trick. I call it "Ball Lightning".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XjPO5GDrJI

Usefulness? Not much due to its situationality.
105) Shield-canceled Running Grab

Here's another universal trick, mostly used against marth and other characters that rely on spacing, the shield cancelled running grab. Gonzo has a thread on this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215653&page=4

To do it, while dashing, shield and immediately press A. You should see your shield flash and then you go into a running grab animation. It's basically shield grabbing using a running grab instead of a standing grab, which gives you extra range where normally your standing grab might not reach.
106) Reverse Jump-canceled Up-smash

Universal trick--

Reverse Jump Canceled Upsmash

Run, Pivot, Jump Cancel Upsmash.

It's good if you see your opponent try to roll behind you as your dashing at them.

Hope people know what I'm talking about, and didn't see it in the OP so.... there you go
107) Quintuple Thunder

It's so amazing that if I pulled this off, my opponent would immediately suicide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeSlOCmR46A

108) T-jolt Lightshow

a) Simply hit one of the top middle blocks in Yoshi's Island then fire T-jolts left and right. They should make a sort of flashy lightshow (or a kind of T-jolt shield?) Try it and see for yourself.

b) ALSO, you can use T-jolt it on both of those platforms on the ends of Jungle Japes. It pwns when edgeguarding or trying to make an electric shield around yourself. Maybe fire it one way then fire it another? Do whatever you want! Just try it :]

109) Matrix Attacks w/ Stage Obstacles

a) By the way, I have another situational trick with maps like Brinstar and LM. It's similar to matrix thunder in that once something hits Thunder, there's a lot of lag when the lightning hit's Pika, but the hitbox remains.

b) Basically, you use attacks on stage obstacles to lengthen the time that the hitbox of your attack lasts. For example, I KO'd a ZSS because the hitbox for Thunder stayed out much longer when I hit that weird goop that holds the platforms together on Brinstar.

c) I'm sure some of you may have rushed into Ike's Up-smash while it was supposedly about to end, but since he was also hitting the goop, the hitbox stayed out longer = you lose one-stock.

d) So basically, you can use any smash to mindgame your opponent into thinking that your attack's going to end early and then when they rush in, you can rake in some easy %. Just practice it on stages like brinstar and mansion and you'll see.

e) Stage Obstacles: Stage and Platform Goop on Brinstar, pillars of Luigi's Mansion, the balloon on Smashville, etc.

110) Skull bash-halting on Stage obstacles

a) You can use Skull bash on the stage obstacles like the platform goop on Brinstar or the pillars on Luigi's Mansion while trying to recover to fool your opponent to thinking you'd actually go through the goop (most people don't have experience with brinstar, so they wont notice and may move away from the edge to hit where you would end up :]), so you can recover more easily.

111) Breaking down Luigi's Mansion quickly

a) Simply use B-air (or any other aerial) while on the Lower Level and your hitboxes will slow down (Matrix Attack!) and you'll be able to hit the top pillar AND lower pillar at the same time, or just the top pillar (you'd actually be hugging the 2nd-floor for awhile = mindgamez :]). It takes 3 aerials to knock down one pillar, so you can break down LM quickly with an attack like D-air.

b) So, no Mansion = FD so you have more space to Thunder, T-jolt, ...do whatever.

c) Btw, you can use a Full-hopped B-air in the middle of the first-floor of LM without landing on the second floor ^_^

112) Corneria Lasers + Thunder

a) Try to get hit by the lasers on the lower part of the ship after they'll charge up while you're doing Thunder. Pika will seriously stay in the Blue Thunder state for about 5 seconds. An awesome Matrix Thunder if you ask me.

113) Cockroach-chu

a) When you're tiny, you're able to crawl at the regular speed. It looks like Pikachu's a cockroach when he's moving x_X.

114) Deku Nut Daze Cancel

a) Throw a deku nut down while you're near the edge and you'll immediately grab the ledge of the stage. Useful for surprise attacks :)

115) Yoshi's Island Thunderstorming

a) The ending shockwave of D-air can be canceled if you hit the yellow blocks. The shockwave's hitboxes will still be around, but there wont be the lag animation.

116) Buffered Chaingrabs

a) See this thread for details: :) http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225783

117) Uair-footstool-QAL infinite (Thank ESAM and Prime for this!)

a) See thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238293

118) Skullbash Edgeguarding

a) If someone's trying to recover, and they're at a somewhat mid percentage, depending on the character you can reliably do a d-air to skull bash to push them further from the edge.

b) Skullbash basically has two hitboxes: in front of pikachu and the back half of his body. If you hit someone with the 2nd hitbox, they'll go flying backwards. I sometimes charge a skull bash next to someone recovering to try to catch them offguard and hit them backwards for a KO. There's also a chance that you may not hit them backwards, but you'd hit them forward and possibly stage spike them.
Using skull bash to ko that way may be risky, so I'd go for doing a full hop charged SB then aiming for the ledge.

d) Another way to ko with skull bash is to hit them with skull bash while they're hanging onto the edge. If they're at a mid/high percent, there's a good chance that they'll be stage spiked and ko'd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to add in your own discoveries

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
most of the things look interesting or i have already seen being used, but the quadruple thunder is highly unpractical like rofl said. if they get through, and you are doing your fourth, you MUST sweetspot the ledge to get up. all it takes is a ledge grab to kill. they dont even need invincibility frames, cause pikas qa will just be ending, and wont damage. in any case,quadruple and even triple thudners are relatively useless.

gallax

Smash Hero
yeah...these arent really techs. they are more like...well things to do. i like the thoughts though. keep it up.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i like these, contrary to what stealth said, i think that if you used a quad thunder and were successful, that would be an awesome mind game... plus, you should only probably do it once, or at least mix it up, since we have now 1, 2, 3, and 4 thunders possible, they don't know what to expect. Also, the DTAC stuff (dtilt attack cancel), into the jump tjolt or thunder I have used, but i guess i never thought about it, so thank you for making it official lol. The wall jump thing i am pretty sure is not specific to pika, but its a good find nonetheless, meaning you can save jumps and degrading attacks without needing them to recover :) While situational, most of the stuff you wrote about could prove fruitful in some situation, which IMO is better than none. Keep it up!

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
1. Can't imagine when there would be enough time for this. Wouldn't recommend it.
2. Highly unlikely that there will ever be a situation that would make this useful.
3. While D-tilt -> Jump is useful, I don't think the thunder will come out fast enough to be useful.
4. Maybe a small combo? Doubt it will have much use though.
5. Maybe on Yoshi's island, or FD if you somehow end up down there (don't know why you would).
6. Um, that's definitely not a technique. It's best to be as unpredictable as possible with QA, luckily it's not that hard.

All in all I think that most of these are highly situational or already mentioned at best. Sorry to be so negative. I would like to say that D-tilt cancel isn't really that great. Seriously it's just another tech that's there as far as I'm concerned and I don't really use it. Now #6. Those directions are not so common for a reason, it's not much of a benefit to use them, just stay unpredictable.

K 2

Smash Lord
Most of these are already known. Quaduple Thunder? That's a new one. I can even do triple thunder and know you people say a quad is possible? FLASHY XD

Number 8 was very interesting. It reminds me of a Toon Link edgeguarding technique where you drop away from the ledge and push z twice really fast (grapple the ledge and retract yourself) which gives you your invincibility frames back. Does anyone know if pika can do something like that with QA? Maybe ledgedrop (push control stick away from ledge) and QA back onto the ledge? I know you can ledgedrop, fast fall, then QA up, but that is risky and takes way too much time.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Most of these are already known. Quaduple Thunder? That's a new one. I can even do triple thunder and know you people say a quad is possible? FLASHY XD

Number 8 was very interesting. It reminds me of a Toon Link edgeguarding technique where you drop away from the ledge and push z twice really fast (grapple the ledge and retract yourself) which gives you your invincibility frames back. Does anyone know if pika can do something like that with QA? Maybe ledgedrop (push control stick away from ledge) and QA back onto the ledge? I know you can ledgedrop, fast fall, then QA up, but that is risky and takes way too much time.
you can as long as you dont have invincibility frames. i usethis as a mindgame by dropping down, then QA back up. then i randomly start my QA early and go up then diagnolly into the stage to cancel it. it works very well for a sneaky way to get back onto stage.

K 2

Smash Lord
you can as long as you dont have invincibility frames. i usethis as a mindgame by dropping down, then QA back up. then i randomly start my QA early and go up then diagnolly into the stage to cancel it. it works very well for a sneaky way to get back onto stage.
I've been trying to QAC from a ledgehop as a way to get back onto the stage, and it has worked wonderfully for me. I haven't tried dropping down and QA up to get invincibility frames though, but I will, since edgehogging/guarding gets 30% of my kills.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
How about just using Thunder and quickly tapping left/right to switch momentum, that way the thunder hits just off-stage, and you float gently back on stage with a nice wall of thunder guarding you.

K 2

Smash Lord
How about just using Thunder and quickly tapping left/right to switch momentum, that way the thunder hits just off-stage, and you float gently back on stage with a nice wall of thunder guarding you.
Yeah, Most pika players discover that through experience, and it was sort of an understood technique. However, that would be helpful to newer pika players.

brod1986

Smash Apprentice
Good advice but most of it seems only usefull if the situation is right, but when is it right? Not very often.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
May as well add this:

Thunderstorming (Pika-Style)

Stolen straight from the Ganondorf Players, it's where you Dair and short hop at the EXACT same time so you get none of Dair's lag and autocancel it. How is it useful? You do 12 damage (2 more than the "bolt" in thunder) with VERY low ending lag.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I managed to pull off the Fast-Falled Thunder Cancel accidently.
It really is kind of useless without the huge shockwave to knock opponents back... but on the bright side, you won't get as much damage if it gets reflected, I guess (Yeah, Falco reflects the shockwave)

Skip to about 2:02 of this vid to see it, don't give me crap about how badly I got wrecked.

I also managed to pull off the "Pikaslide" into a F-Smash in the same video. It happens at about 2:52.

K 2

Smash Lord
May as well add this:

Stolen straight from the Ganondorf Players, it's where you Dair and short hop at the EXACT same time so you get none of Dair's lag and autocancel it. How is it useful? You do 12 damage (2 more than the "bolt" in thunder) with VERY low ending lag.
might as well add the "auto-canceled" (not sure if the terminology is correct) nair and uair.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
might as well add the "auto-canceled" (not sure if the terminology is correct) nair and uair.
Hey, the Ganondorf players have it as an AT. Why not us, the REAL thunderstormers?

Also:

Fair can be autocanceled in a short hop
Bair can be autocanceled in a full hop (when used as you leave the ground)
Dair can be autocanceled in a short hop (when used as you leave the ground)
Uair can be autocanceled in a full hop
Thunderjolts autocancel in a full hop (when used as you leave the ground)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
May as well add this:

I've been using pikachu lately.
dthrow>autocanceled dair>grab is sexy.

How come no-one uses dthrow>uptilt>upair>upair? or dthrow>uptilt>shieldgrab or grab>dthrow>fsmash?

His dthrow is Kirby's dthrow and has just as much combo ability.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
none of the techniques besides the pikaslide are ATs. (thunair, quadruple thunder, etc.) They're just little tricks you can use. (and mostly situational) I guess you should make a tricks thread too eh?

/sarcasm

K 2

Smash Lord
Hey, the Ganondorf players have it as an AT. Why not us, the REAL thunderstormers?

Also:

Fair can be autocanceled in a short hop
Bair can be autocanceled in a full hop (when used as you leave the ground)
Dair can be autocanceled in a short hop (when used as you leave the ground)
Uair can be autocanceled in a full hop
Thunderjolts autocancel in a full hop (when used as you leave the ground)
Yeah! How did the ganons get "thunderstorming"? We Pika users should be called THE Thunderstormers.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Is this a new tech? You can go 3/4 of the normal distance of the first Quick Attack if you press a at some point during the first QA.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
don't make a thread about it, there are plenty, i think this whole thing should go in the guide anyway, since its more about how to play pika

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
a) To auto-cancel an aerial attack means that after you use it in the air, once you land on the ground, you won't experience any lag from that attack.
b) Fair can be autocanceled in a short hop
c) Bair can be autocanceled in a full hop (when used as you leave the ground)
d) Dair can be autocanceled in a short hop (when used as you leave the ground)
e) Uair can be autocanceled in a full hop
f) Thunderjolts autocancel in a full hop (when used as you leave the ground)
This is NOT autocancelling. Autocancelling an aerial is when you use an aerial and the animation ends when you land on the ground with no lag. Pikachu's dair is the only one that does this, for if you do it off the ledge you won't grab the edge. nair, fair, bair, uair, and T-jolt all END THEIR ANIMATION. ENDING the animation is not AUTOCANCELLING. All of samus aerials (except dair) autocancel. No matter how close to the ground you use the attacks, they will land with no lag. Pikachu's attacks just end, not autocancel.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
This is NOT autocancelling. Autocancelling an aerial is when you use an aerial and the animation ends when you land on the ground with no lag. Pikachu's dair is the only one that does this, for if you do it off the ledge you won't grab the edge. nair, fair, bair, uair, and T-jolt all END THEIR ANIMATION. ENDING the animation is not AUTOCANCELLING. All of samus aerials (except dair) autocancel. No matter how close to the ground you use the attacks, they will land with no lag. Pikachu's attacks just end, not autocancel.
Woah, chill out. No need to blow a fuse. That's bad for Pikachu, y'know.

Last time I checked, autocancel WAS the correct term. As for what you're describing, when their animation ends due to landing, I believe the term they used was "landcancel". Otherwise we're stuck with an extensive explanation of how to perform an attack with no lag.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I actually disagree by saying this is not what autocanceled moves are.

Autocanceled moves are moves that if you land during the move, the lag is cut in half. What you just described is finishing a move before you land which has no landing lag because the move is done as in nothing gets canceled.

Examples of autocanceled aerials are:
ROBs Nair
All Link aerials except Uair and Dair

Plenty more but ROBs is the most apparent

So basically, Nintendo took out L canceling but chose certain moves that the game auto L cancels for you. So no longer is L canceling an AT, but it has been changed to a property of certain moves.

Top Bottom