• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Kirby Matchup Rankings AND GUIDE Thread! :: OMGOMGOMG! We're done!

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lol not even, if anything its in Kirby's favor, Chu lost to snakee one set and then never lost again. Why, once u figure out a Zamus player they are all more or less the same from a Kirby players perspective. The matchup should be 60-40 although i'm willing to meet in the middle at 50-50 even though i dont agree with that number.

Zamus is by far my second most fav character in the game.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Sorry if this has been said:

I know enough about ganon to know that his flame choke sends the opponent a little forward, which I know can make them ledgegrab if there's a ledge (set knockback). Now, I imagine I'm playing you on smashville:

Kirby: Haha, I'm about to grab **** you!

Ganon: Chainchoke!

Kirby: Well look at that...you got 2 off on me. Now your kill moves must be magically refreshed or something...*proceeds to grab **** ganon*
lolz, whats funny is Kirby grabs Ganon's balls, its to good.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wow, we shouldn't have started the Ganon matchup discussion, considering it seems barely anyone here knows the Ganon v Kirby matchup...

and so you automatically concluded that i'm bad against ganondorfs? you don't even know my kirby.
No, but considering he just mentioned earlier that there was a way out of it, then that statement was kind of ********.

Why should Ganon fear Inhale anywhere other than the ledge?
Actually, there's another use for it. If I inhale you on the stage and jump off, you will break out, obviously. However, this gets us in a position where I am above Ganon offstage with MANY more jumps, and if I instead shoot you away, it's even worse. I've found that actually helps Kirby's situation a lot. Basically, it puts you in a situation where Ganon is much more at a disadvantage.

Sorry if this has been said:

I know enough about ganon to know that his flame choke sends the opponent a little forward, which I know can make them ledgegrab if there's a ledge (set knockback). Now, I imagine I'm playing you on smashville:

Kirby: Haha, I'm about to grab **** you!

Ganon: Chainchoke!

Kirby: Well look at that...you got 2 off on me. Now your kill moves must be magically refreshed or something...*proceeds to grab **** ganon*

It's actually more like you get 4-5 then a DA/Dtilt, (this is assuming they messed up, as otherwise it could supposedly infinite.) then you're in the air if your still alive and not really grabbing anything. Yes, Kirby grab ***** Ganon, but don't dismiss chainchoking...

Also, to whoever said it, no, you absolutely CAN NOT crouch under Ganon's DA.

Also, whoever suggested a lot of FC camping earlier, don't. That is ridiculously punishable by Ganon's DA. All he has to do is run forward, powershield, then DA during the ending lag (and it is much easier than it sounds).

Hence

Smash Ace
Pdiamond and I play very often, he knows the match-up.
50:50 even, quite possibly in Kirby's advantage.
I'm going to have to agree with Gonzo that Kirby limits ZSS if Kirby knows the match-up. If you've played one ZSS, you've played them all from Kirby's perspective. If Kirby doesn't spam B-Air and actually pressures ZSS at a diagnal weak spot with SH F-Airs and Dash Attacks, you're honestly bound to win.
Disclaimer: If the Zero Suit user plays to spaced aerials instead of spaced specials, the situation may be completely different. ZSS' aerials have more range.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
Pdiamond and I play very often, he knows the match-up.
50:50 even, quite possibly in Kirby's advantage.
I'm going to have to agree with Gonzo that Kirby limits ZSS if Kirby knows the match-up. If you've played one ZSS, you've played them all from Kirby's perspective. If Kirby doesn't spam B-Air and actually pressures ZSS at a diagnal weak spot with SH F-Airs and Dash Attacks, you're honestly bound to win.
Disclaimer: If the Zero Suit user plays to spaced aerials instead of spaced specials, the situation may be completely different. ZSS' aerials have more range.
What stage would you suggest to take ZSS? xD

Bair, fairs and running attack beat ZSS eh? Yea it seems like approaching ZSS is easiest when entering in diagonally. Most all her attacks have very slim hitboxes. They're long, but slim. Its always either horizontal or vertical, except for nair i guess.

Do any ZSS's play using primarily aerials as opposed to primarily specials?

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Ganon outranges the **** out of Kirby. Dtilt ***** Kirby on the ground. Uair ***** Kirby in the air. Kirby has grabs and gimps. If Ganon keeps spaced with Dtilts and Uairs, the Kirby will have a VERY hard time approaching. Not to mention we can kill Kirby at ludicrously low percents and Kirby cant kill Ganon till over 120% with a fresh Fsmash.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
Ganon outranges the **** out of Kirby. Dtilt ***** Kirby on the ground. Uair ***** Kirby in the air. Kirby has grabs and gimps. If Ganon keeps spaced with Dtilts and Uairs, the Kirby will have a VERY hard time approaching. Not to mention we can kill Kirby at ludicrously low percents and Kirby cant kill Ganon till over 120% with a fresh Fsmash.
Most kirby's spend the majority of their time in the air, so this dtilt **** wont really work. And i seriously dont see the Uair ****** kirby in the air. Ganon isnt very maneuverable. Just jump forward and Uair? Or do ganon's just wait in place? How about instead of saying that ___ ***** ___ because of ___ we get some video proof to see it.

cba

Smash Master

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Kirby is never over ganon except at high percent when u dthro and even then we just jump and then wait, jump again!?!?!?!? blasphemy we can keep jump away from ganon, and then oh wait he Dtilted, L button, oh wait he did it again, L button, kirby has such an easy time against ganon end of story. it seriously is not even funny.

God forbid i dont 3 stock a ganondorf i might 2stock them instead :p

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Thank you.

And, I don't know if you've all noticed, but Kirby while Crouching evades a LOT of Ganon's attacks.

Crouch> Thunder Storming, Spartan Kick, Fsmash (without DIng downward), DSmash and DownB.

I think there are more but I really don't want to turn on the Wii. I'm almost certain that he can evade all of those while crouching (I think that Spartan Kick and Down Smash are dependent on how close you are standing to Him or something like that).

So yeah, Doesn't look so Hot for Ganon.
You can add grab and dash grab to that list

EDIT: I thought this thread was to discuss the match ups, Advantages, Pros and Cons, ect. so that Maestro could put it all nice and Clean in the First page and Deserve 4 Gold stars. (Really, why no stars huh?)
Because nobody has rated the thread yet

Why should Ganon fear Inhale anywhere other than the ledge?
Because it outranges all of Ganon's ground attacks except Warlock Punch and u-tilt

I vote we have him brawl gonzo.
lol. like...fourthed

And I keep saying that you're completely forgetting Chainchoking. Not only is it guaranteed damage into the 30% range, it refreshes kill moves and leads to easy, guaranteed kills.
Ive said it before, and i just tested it: Ganon cannot reliably chainchoke Kirby. If you shield, we can do the regular getup --> u-tilt, which beats your chainchoke on reaction. If you run away expecting a get-up attack or regular getup, the out roll goes toofar, too fast

What stage would you suggest to take ZSS? xD

Bair, fairs and running attack beat ZSS eh? Yea it seems like approaching ZSS is easiest when entering in diagonally. Most all her attacks have very slim hitboxes. They're long, but slim. Its always either horizontal or vertical, except for nair i guess.

Do any ZSS's play using primarily aerials as opposed to primarily specials?
Yea it seems like approaching ZSS is easiest when entering in diagonally.
ZSS is easiest when entering in diagonally.
when entering in diagonally.
o_O

Just tested. Ganon was dead at 110% easily from the opposite side of smashville without DI

======

Thats all for now...i leave for one night and look what happens...

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
lol way to take stuff out of context.

Chainchoking sounds like its just good tech chasing from what i understand...is it something else? Like whats so special about it? Is there a way to lengthen the distance of the choke?

Yea gonzo should play matches with some of these ganons. Agreed. Do either have recording equipment though? If not who does so they can be in the matches with them to record?

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
If my Wii worked, I'd have a grand time wrecking the Kirby boards, but alas, it doesnt, so I'll have to leave it to the other ganons.

CO18

Smash Hero
Kosk would destroy most kirbies.

On a side note Snakeee beat chudat in like 100 million money matches or something.

When Chudat also came down to florida, he lost a money match to our best Zero suit (Nick Riddle) who is obviously not as skilled as chudat.
Snakeee also said Zero suit DEFINITLEY wins this matchup but hes not exactly sure the amount right now.
Even chillin plans on using Zero suit specifically for kirby because hes been having more success vs chudat with zss then with snake.

Gleam

Smash Ace
I'll gladly face any Kirby, it seems like a lot of kirby mainers here think that Ganon is the easiest match up ever and you have like a 7:3 plus advantage against him. Now I may be underestimating Kirby but I want to see just how badly kirby wrecks Ganon as many of you say he does.

Anyone up for a few matches

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
Dang, Snakee's a millionaire. Like even if the money matches are for a penny each, at least one mill.

What about the match up are we forgetting that gives ZSS that edge? Did you see Nick Riddle beat Chudat? and if so what did he do that beat him?

IC3R

Smash Lord
How about instead of saying that ___ ***** ___ because of ___ we get some video proof to see it.
Well, I've looked through all of the Ganon vs. Kirby videos nis both of the archives, and all of them either are:

• A) Too old to be relevant. All of the recent ATs and combos aren't included because they weren't discovered; or...

B) They don't exist >_>

We need some epic matches recorded, or we might never get this discussion overwith :(

EDIT: Do any of the Ganon's live in Georgia? I'm almost tempted to hop in my car and drive over just to see who ***** who...

And wow, I didn't expect Kosk to show up! I figured he'd be too busy, being the King of Evil and all...

EDIT2: So we've pretty much confired that Kirby loses to Zamus most of the time, making it a 40 :: 60 match-up (35 :: 65 at worst)?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Alright. I think I know what this calls for.

We all know what a clan war is, right? If you don't, 2 clans take the same # of members and brawl each other. You get eliminated if you lose a set. Last clan standing wins. I propose we have a clan war, except it'll be gonzo and suspect vs all of the ganon boards.

I bet some people think I'm joking.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
Lets go gonzo and suspect! Win it for the team! Bring home the gold! Though i think it may be a bit harsh...them against all the ganon boards. Ganonciding = win, but kirbyciding = more win. Just be sure to record it all.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
1billion epic lolz
I have recording equipment.

Yo asdioh, should we give them a stock advantage???
they may need it.

Oh wait it doesnt matter we'll just 0-death 3 times, and then SD once for ****s and giggles.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Lets go gonzo and suspect! Win it for the team! Bring home the gold! Though i think it may be a bit harsh...them against all the ganon boards. Ganonciding = win, but kirbyciding = more win. Just be sure to record it all.
I wouldn't underestimate Ganon, really. One slip-up, and it's gg Kirby.

Ganonciding, IMO, is OVER 9000!!!!!! times cooler than Kirbyciding:

Link: "F-Smash, son!!!"
Ganon (flying): "GAH!!! You ingrate!!" *jumps up for the ledge*
Link: *drops down* "lol edgehog ftw"
Ganon :mad:: "COME HERE, YOU!!!!" *grabs Link's face*
Link: "LOLWTFBBQ?!?!?!?!"

*Both plummet into the dark abyss*

GAME!!!

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Ok wait up, I got my wii working, maybe. I can get on wifi, any kirby, add my aim and we'll play. If I randomly drop out though, it means my wii died.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
i dont underestimate ganon, i've played against good ganons in tourney, although no one uses their ganon against me anymore. and who the hell gets ganoncided nowadays anyway, its like let me wait on the edge right in front while ganon recovers with his sideB, oh wiat here it comes will i downdodge????

whats ur AIM?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ganon's Sparta Kick, IMO, is OVER 9000!!!!!! times cooler than Kirbyciding:
Fixed. =P

But yea, Bowsercides and Ganoncides is very effective in this game, that's why you shouldn't chase Ganondorf out the stage or if he's dear the edge.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Can we please just drop the Kirby v Ganon matchup? Obviously very few people know what they are talking about, and this is causing a flame war on a matchup that will rarely ever occur.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lol way to take stuff out of context.

Chainchoking sounds like its just good tech chasing from what i understand...is it something else? Like whats so special about it? Is there a way to lengthen the distance of the choke?

Yea gonzo should play matches with some of these ganons. Agreed. Do either have recording equipment though? If not who does so they can be in the matches with them to record?
From what I understand, "chainchoking" is essentially reacting to your opponent, not predicting. It requires an incredibly fast reaction, but if it's done properly, it's an infinite. I don't see it happening often though. The thread said that Kirby is one of the easiest characters to do it on.

I think Gonzo would not be ashamed to agree that I'm better than him on wifi >_> mostly because he doesn't play wifi...

If my Wii worked, I'd have a grand time wrecking the Kirby boards, but alas, it doesnt, so I'll have to leave it to the other ganons.
D:

chainchoking is for wifi scrubs, over rated it is.

@Kosk- Guarantee ill beat every body on your board with kirby
The impression I got is that it's impossible to do with input delay, you need precise reaction time.

I'd love to play some Ganondorfs on wifi...remembering of course, that wifi sucks. Except I don't have my Wii here..the earliest I'll be able to play is in....8 days, next Friday most likely.

*remembers the time he played an allisbrawl Ganondorf in a ladder match and won*
*then underestimated him the second time around and lost*

I won't do that again :O

And since we apparently lack videos, I can attempt to record. With a camera.

And wifi sucks @_@

I have a feeling both boards are underestimating each other.

I think we can all agree, however, that Kirby owns Captain Falcon.

edit: wow lotsa posts while I typed that.

Yo asdioh, should we give them a stock advantage???
they may need it.
I dare you.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I don't have a Wii at college...read my last post.

And Gonzo, don't forget that you're not very practiced on wifi :p so don't get too cocky,
Star Fox

I DO have a Gamecube at college. And I won't deny it: Melee Ganondorf owns Melee Kirby.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
And I won't deny it: Melee Ganondorf owns Melee Kirby.
Kirby get's owned by everyone in Melee. x_x

But if some of the Kirby mains do face some Ganondorf's offline/online, don't get A-Town Stomp, Wayne Brady Choke, and Sparta Kicked. XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh wow... Kosk is getting in on this? I want these recorded. Any Kosk match is worth watching.

Also, Gleam is looking for Kirbies to play. I wish I had an internet connection...

Agreed Asidoh, both boards really seem to underestimate the other.

Top Bottom