• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
This is a place where noobs (and pros) can ask questions about Peach, Peach players, or some other thing. Please keep things generally relevant to Brawl.

Please avoid creating a thread just to ask a question. Post questions here, or in the General Discussion thread.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
About time we got one of these. Though I would love it more if the title was summarized as a simpler "The Peach Q & A Thread". :bee:

Just a suggestion though.

So here's a question to instantly gain +3 pages. Who is better, Dark.Pch or Niko_K?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I thought the Peach General Discussion/Chatroom was the one? =p

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I'm looking forward to the Peach character discussion this week...too bad I'm gonna be on holiday next week so I'll miss out and by the time I get back, everything will have been said and done :(

Anyways, I have a Peachy question. Sometimes, when I've hit my opponent with the 4th hit of my Dair, it sends them faceplanting into the floor. Why is this and has this happened to anyone else?

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to the Peach character discussion this week...too bad I'm gonna be on holiday next week so I'll miss out and by the time I get back, everything will have been said and done :(

Anyways, I have a Peachy question. Sometimes, when I've hit my opponent with the 4th hit of my Dair, it sends them faceplanting into the floor. Why is this and has this happened to anyone else?
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Directional_influence#Smash_DI
maybe what youre talking about?

BentoBox

Smash Master
-How do you approach an extremely campy ROB on, say, FD?
-Does Peach have any disjointed moves/lingering hitboxes?
-How do you perform a turnip free-pull without b-sticking?
-Where does your opponent have to stand for your d-smash to deal its max dmg (21ish)? I'm guessing you'd have to almost be overlapping. Assuming they do not DI of course.
-Is there ANY way to set-up a d-tilt spike offstage? xD
-What's the best course of action when you have a stock advantage, are close to dying yourself, and your opponent is rushing you with inv. frames? I always stand near the ledge and glidetoss turnips upwards for no particular reasons lol. Not very effective. I should try ledge camping next time, but that also sets you in an unfavorable position...
-Do we have any attacks that clank with MK's glide attack?
-How do you DI out of a Zelda's Usmash?
-How do you DI out of a tornado? Would quarter-circle DIing work?

That's all I can think of for now... :D Let's get this thread rolling~

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
-Where does your opponent have to stand for your d-smash to deal its max dmg (21ish)? I'm guessing you'd have to almost be overlapping. Assuming they do not DI of course.
1. Float? I can't see ROB as a camper, though.
2. Fair has more range than Marth's fair. Also, Peach Bomber can hit after like 1 second of pressing Side-B.
3. ?
4. Peach's center probably should be inside the opponent for max ownage. They DI down and even better I guess?

BentoBox

Smash Master
I edited my post~

1. ROB is like the best camper in the game lol. ROB can aim his Laser and shoot you down. He can also jump and shoot his top, forcing you to airdodge towards the ground. He doesn't have to approach you unless you have a better projectile yourself, which isn't the case. His top is also impossible to grab while its spinning on the ground, afaik (I could be very wrong).

2. By lingering hitboxes I mean, hitboxes that stay out for long~ (Lucas' Usmash being an extreme example)

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FieBCZAn_o0 Everything you perform with b-sticking you can replicate without, at the cost of a much steeper learning curve/harder execution.

Veng

Smash Ace
HELP ME WITH CONTROLS

currently I: Short hop, Press down when I want to stop, Keep holding X, press down on the joystick and a at the same time WHILE HOLDING X.

I hear about this claw, and im not going to diss on it, in fact I dont know what it is, or even used it, other then I heard some one say about turning the controller, but it doesnt sound fun, let alone switching back and forth in matches.

What shall I do and what am I doing wrong?

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
HELP ME WITH CONTROLS

currently I: Short hop, Press down when I want to stop, Keep holding X, press down on the joystick and a at the same time WHILE HOLDING X.

I hear about this claw, and im not going to diss on it, in fact I dont know what it is, or even used it, other then I heard some one say about turning the controller, but it doesnt sound fun, let alone switching back and forth in matches.

What shall I do and what am I doing wrong?
I don't really see what's so hard. I haven't heard of claw, but here's a tip anyways;

Press and hold X with the right edge of your thumb

Tilt down when you think you are at a good height for floating. Release down.

While holding X, tilt control stick in desired aerial direction.

Press A by tilting your thumb slightly to the left. Your thumb should be able to press A while holding X, unless you have hella small hands.

If this doesn't answer your question, please specify.

BentoBox

Smash Master
The claw involves having your middle finger over R, your index over y/x and your thumb on the c-stick. Makes it much easier to perform whatever aerial whilst floating~ (Say you want to float backwards and f-air).

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
The claw involves having your middle finger over R, your index over y/x and your thumb on the c-stick. Makes it much easier to perform whatever aerial whilst floating~ (Say you want to float backwards and f-air)
That's smart. I'd like to see a guy play the whole round like that.

BentoBox

Smash Master
You don't have to use the claw throughout a whole match, but it definitely helps to switch every now and then, as it only really serves when you're floating.

edit: Actually, it does potentially make you faster at inputting other things like throwing a turnip right after jumping, etc~

rocker1356

Smash Cadet
I have a question. I was wondering if there is anything I could do to get some cool K.O.s or easy ones with Peach. Can you help me?

TruckOSaurus

Smash Apprentice
I have a question about the slap->grab. Whenever I try to do it if I press A then Z in quick succession Peach will always do the double slap even though I press A only once. For slap -> grab to work I have to press A pause a bit and then press Z.

Is there a way to do it without the pause?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
PSSSST. Get rid of the "READ HERE" part of the title. That's for the "READ HERE BEFORE POSTING NEW THREAD" thread. Not the Q & A.

*is done nitpicking*

BentoBox

Smash Master
I have a question about the slap->grab. Whenever I try to do it if I press A then Z in quick succession Peach will always do the double slap even though I press A only once. For slap -> grab to work I have to press A pause a bit and then press Z.

Is there a way to do it without the pause?
Just do AA to Dashgrab. Should work.
No. The second hit will knock them too far away and they will be able to retaliate before you reach them.

Jab->DashGrab works fine at mid/high percentages. At low percentages, I've personally never had such a problem~ Try waiting for the slap animation to end before pressing Z? Just go in training mode and practice, you should get it down in no time.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
I find myself trading hits a lot with Luigi does his priority overrides our, how do i fight him? ;_;

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
if i spaced a fair correctly can characters other than d3 shield grab me?

i feel pretty noobish when non-D3 characters shield grab my fair even if I am technically still new to peachy.

now, lets say i spaced a fair correctly and i can't get shield grabbed or w/e but they shield the attack, any good follows up? throw a dtilt out there? try slaps? i have problems w/ this.

;o

rocker1356

Smash Cadet
I am trying to figure out Peach. She is one of my weaker secondaries but I just cannot seem to get her moves down. I will be back later with a few more questions if this board is still here.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I am trying to figure out Peach. She is one of my weaker secondaries but I just cannot seem to get her moves down. I will be back later with a few more questions if this board is still here.
We're always open to helping the newbies. But yea, the Peach Board is only accessible on Thursday and Friday afternoons.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I don't know how accurate this thread is, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196207&highlight=grab+range, but Bowser, DK and Zelda supposedly have very long grab ranges too, and I also know for a fact Marth's is longer than ours~ If they shield the attack and are not in range to grab, you could try to go for a whatever tilt, but generally your opponent has something faster OoS than whatever you'll come up with (slap should then be your safest option) hence why I usually space myself as to not get punished, and unless your opponent runs after you right as you land, nothing that you might attempt to do will reach him and your lag might get punished if they know about Peach plays in general. Sometimes they'll just stall in their shields knowing that Peach can chain aerials into ground moves quite swiftly, which leaves me time to pull out a turnip and pressure them even more.

But really it all depends on the way your opponent behaves~ On larger characters I often chain spaced SH f-airs and float+d-air right before landing, and while they should be able to grab me out of it, their reaction time is too slow to counter my approach~

@edit: ^ Lol!

Meno answer my questions =(

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Meno answer my questions =(
I'm not too qualified to do so, but I will answer them as MENO would answer them.

Plenty and plenty of turnips and a decent amount of dairs.

Bair is rumored to be disjointed. Fair has range - but disjointed... I dunno.
Her upb is a constant hitbox when floating down.

In training mode, under 1/4 speed. And very carefully.

I can do 28%. I can't find the "sweetspot" though... good question.

-Is there ANY way to set-up a d-tilt spike offstage? xD

Set up? That's more tactical. But keep in mind the spike hitbox is above her hand.

-What's the best course of action when you have a stock advantage, are close to dying yourself, and your opponent is rushing you with inv. frames? I always stand near the ledge and glidetoss turnips upwards for no particular reasons lol. Not very effective. I should try ledge camping next time, but that also sets you in an unfavorable position...

Play it defensively. Or camp.

-Do we have any attacks that clank with MK's glide attack?

Toad...?

-How do you DI out of a Zelda's Usmash?

I go upwards and to the side.

-How do you DI out of a tornado? Would quarter-circle DIing work?

You can't.
Results may vary.

rocker1356

Smash Cadet
Hello. Why is the board only open on Thursday and Friday? And do any of the Peach brawlers want to play me. I want to watch a few techniques.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Meno, anyone? can you get on and play me and help me out? i really want to get good with peach.
I'm open if you wanna play.

Hello. Why is the board only open on Thursday and Friday? And do any of the Peach brawlers want to play me. I want to watch a few techniques.
It was a joke, the Peach boards will always be here. :p

And like I said, I'm online.

Top Bottom