• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got a problem with getting back onto the stage when I'm hanging on the edge. (this is against Rob)

He'll space himself at ftilt range and spam it.

-I can't roll onto the stage or I get hit with any attack of his choosing.
-I can't stand up on the stage or I get ftilted.
-I can't attack onto the stage or I'll miss and I'll get ftilted back off.
-Peach's second jump wont get her high enough to come down onto the stage from above. (this is what I tend to do with the my main, but Peach's second jump is balls)
-I can't float back onto the stage->attack because he outranges me with ftilt.
-no stalling. and I <3 stalling.

thoughts?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Have you tried quickly dropping down off the ledge and then IMMEDIATLY using Toad? The Toad bounce will raise you high enough to counter the attack, knock ROB away and then you can get back onto the stage without him constantly trying to F Tilt you

Hope that helps :)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Have you tried quickly dropping down off the ledge and then IMMEDIATLY using Toad? The Toad bounce will raise you high enough to counter the attack, knock ROB away and then you can get back onto the stage without him constantly trying to F Tilt you

Hope that helps :)
That could probably work, but not for very long.

Until I begin to master Peach's other attacks or learn how and when to use them efficiently and effectively, I'm trying not to use her specials very often...

It's just the way I've decided to learn a character. (It works for me at least)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Jump and Nair. If you didn't use your second jump you'll be able to Nair from the ground level to the air.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It will work if the ROB is persistant on using his F Tilt

If he gets wise and waits his F Tilts out...can't you jump back onto the stage when you are clinging onto the ledge? You don't have to use your 2nd jump for this
:ohwell: maybe...

Jump and Nair. If you didn't use your second jump you'll be able to Nair from the ground level to the air.
He's spacing them. Unless the hand on his ftilt has a hurtbox, that won't work.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Peach on the ledge isn't good. I hate that situation.

Also this got posted a bit ago.

I debated whether or not to post this, because although I couldn't find anything quite like this after searching, the forum can be brutal for posting techniques already discovered!

Anyways, because there's no such thing as too many ledge options, I did some testing with Peach's ledge game. I think I've found something that can gives Peach a safer return to the stage.

If you're hanging on the ledge while holding a turnip, press back to let go and double jump towards the stage, then immediately toss the turnip at your opponent. If it hits, you've done damage and given just enough stun to follow with a grab or fast attack. If they've shielded or dodged, you've successfully put them into a defensive stance and returned to the stage safely.

I don't play professionally, so I don't know how this would work there.

Player01

Smash Journeyman
well i just started picking up peach about 3 days ago and i really think she has potential.

so my question is how much do u guys float with peach bacause i seem to play without it.
i do float when recovering of course, edge gaurding, and against opponents that shoot a lot but do you float to approach most of the time?

it just seems to me that i have more options when i am grounded and just do SH aerials instead of floating to my opponent.

just wanted to know what you guys think.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
it just seems to me that i have more options when i am grounded and just do SH aerials instead of floating to my opponent.
Dair combos are a big draw for a lot of Peaches.

But you sound a lot like a ground-based Peach which isn't too odd to see.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
in general which type (ground or aerial) of peaches seem to have more success.
The Peaches who understand both positions and mix them effectively based on matchup and stage choice.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
I got two questions for the experts here :

1. Where is the sweetspot on the tennis racket?

2. Can F-Tilt beat the first hit of Snake's F-Tilt in terms of priority?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I prefer to short hop float them, so you get the combos and sometimes the double hit glitch. Short hopped dair is just one hit. :/

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
in general which type (ground or aerial) of peaches seem to have more success.
It's extremely matchup specific. Ground Peaches get utterly ***** by Snake and even have trouble Olimar. Air Peaches are at a complete loss when they go up against someone who can beat their air game (Marth, G&W).

The best Peaches are the ones that can switch off styles based on the matchup. Peach requires a completely different playstyle on a per-matchup basis.

2. Can F-Tilt beat the first hit of Snake's F-Tilt in terms of priority?
They clank, and Snake can do it again faster.

Villi

Smash Lord
That one is good, with the turnips. Apparently, fair shield stabs from above. o.O I always thought people were just letting go of their shields lol. Just space it so that if you miss, you don't get punished. Mix in some dairs, jabs, turnips, and mind gamez, and voila you just landed a fair.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
I do that all the time. Any more advice?
Try landing one before you land on the ground. I.e a spaced F-air. Float at head height, then drop and quickly slam the C-Stick to the left or right and you can land one while they're still on the ground.

Obviously the best way is to land one in the air. Float up in the air and use your short hop to space a F-air and go in for the kill.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Try landing one before you land on the ground. I.e a spaced F-air. Float at head height, then drop and quickly slam the C-Stick to the left or right and you can land one while they're still on the ground.

Obviously the best way is to land one in the air. Float up in the air and use your short hop to space a F-air and go in for the kill.
dropped float and THEN fair? i g2 try that since I'm just imagining falling on your belly instead of autocancel lol.

i usually fair then drop float and fastfall when I see her arm first swing and I autocancel low just fine.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The Olimar boards got me thinking, how does Peach do in a Sudden Death match?

And why don't I ever read about it?

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, forgive me if I sound noobish but how do you control the level peach floats at AFTER she is floating. I am brand new to peach. But she is awesome. And she has a high learning curve. And I like challenges. Thanks much.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Hey guys, forgive me if I sound noobish but how do you control the level peach floats at AFTER she is floating.
That does sound slightly noobish. :p

But you can't control the vertical level after she's floating, only the horizontal by tilting the stick.

You jump to the level you want, or groundfloat by pressing down, to jump and float.

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. Hey guys I need to know how to deal with spammers. AND campers. GOD their so ****ing annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Thanks. Hey guys I need to know how to deal with spammers. AND campers. GOD their so ****ing annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Perfect shield. If you're like me and can't perfect shield effectively, rolldodge, jump and air dodge, sidestep, repeat.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Question. Can this thread be stickied? A new thread shows that this thread doesn't get enough attention :ohwell:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Why are starting to get a lot of stickies again...

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Hey I gots a question about a 2nd main or a secondary character for peach. Who do you recommend?? I like olimar. but it may not be the best one.

Top Bottom