• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Guys can anyone help me on how to counter Pit's Angel Ring? (Forward + B)

You cant Toad it because it gets reflected back at you. Turnips get reflected, my peach bomber will just catch me inside the hitbox.

Often i DI out of it, i'm too far away to forward smash to punish him, and by the time i'm getting a float over his head, he's put it away and rolled backwards or something. Any tips?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
On what frame does peachs jab come out at?
The second. *makes bullet sound*

Okay, I have a question. Here's the situation:

Marth v Peach

Peach is on the ledge. Marth on the edge ready to take her on once she tries to get up.

What are my options as Peach?

BentoBox

Smash Master
-Ledgehop and put up your shield asap (as in pushing back and jumping while DIing towards the stage, not actually jumping from the ledge)
-Ledgehopped f-air, though if it doesn't connect you'll be sent off flying...
-Let go of the ledge and Toad, if he's in tipper range he should get hit by the spores if he attempts a d-tilt/f-smash, but that can get you punished.
-Stall on the ledge by releasing and re-grabbing the ledge until he tries something risky, or leaves you enough breathing room for you to jump/roll/etc~
-Tap away, double jump and sideB. If he doesn't expect it, he might whiff an attack because of bomber's startup lag~

That's all I can think of~

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
If it's Smashville, drop down to a float and start to float over to the opposite side. If he runs to the opposite side, head back and get to the ledge you started at. Jump backwards and Peach Bomber.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Can you actually float all the way to the other side? I've never tried that xD. Regardless, isn't it a bit too slow? Marth has a faster run speed than that at which you float. And if you're past halfway under the stage, you'll have to commit to going for the ledge on the other side, and from that point your opponent can give you a hard time trying to come back. Marth could hold the ledge, let go and spike/f-air you away~ And even if you get a hold of the ledge on the other side, you're back to step 1: You still have to make it atop.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Can you actually float all the way to the other side? (Yes) I've never tried that xD. Regardless, isn't it a bit too slow? (...MINDGAMEZ XD) Marth has a faster run speed than that at which you float. And if you're past halfway under the stage, you'll have to commit to going for the ledge on the other side, and from that point your opponent can give you a hard time trying to come back. Marth could hold the ledge, let go and spike/f-air you away~ And even if you get a hold of the ledge on the other side, you're back to step 1: You still have to make it atop.
Of course Marth's run is faster. I tricked a Marth into thinking I was noob (though I am) so he ran all the way across and edgeguarded. I went back and had enough catchup time to Peach Bomber him.

I wouldn't recommend actually going across; but once you pretending to float across has become predictable, you can mix it up, I guess.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
You could try the following :

Jump and short hop to a D-Air super fast before he can react. If you do this too much he'll probably try to counter it.

If he's close to the edge try jumping backwards and catching him with your umbrella.

Climb on the ledge, instantly spot-dodge, either grab him and give him a big slap - or drop back off the ledge with a restored float handy. You can now use this float to escape.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Thanks for the info on ledge options guys! But new question!

Jigglypuff's Rollout, I am utterly terrified of it and have no idea how to handle it beyond floating to avoid it and shielding. I've heard it's easy to get around.

What should you do against a Rollout?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Rollout needs to be charged fully to be decent, you have plenty of time to think of a way to counter it actually. I think Toad just stops her rollout but without hitting and she LAGS afterwards (or was it Yoshi's sideB?). Isn't rollout highly situational anyway? I barely use Jigglypuff seriously and I only use rollout as recovery (on flat stages).

You should ask Edrees, he uses her on wifi lol...

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
dair her.

rly though, you can just jump and float oos if her roll out is comin' at ya' or if u can get to her during the charge dair works. =o

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
You can just float to avoid rollout. Rollout is a move you can see coming miles away, so really Peach has no problem dealing with this move.

Jigglypuff players will stop trying to rollout when they realise that you're just going to float above it.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Floating is the easiest way to avoid, but if you have good reflexes, I think her slap could probably stop Jigglypuff. I am remembering hazy matches months ago where that might have been the case.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
If a short distance, float. if a long distance, wait till it rolls out and Toad it.

What you could do is float above him, drop down, and Toad. Likely will run into it.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Here's a question. Olimar is supposedly Peach's best matchup, but my worst. How do I handle Pikmin spam?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Here's a question. Olimar is supposedly Peach's best matchup, but my worst. How do I handle Pikmin spam?
Just always be floating above his grabs, throws, and smashes, which are all on one level if from the ground. Otherwise dair and spaced fairs usually kill a lot of what Olimar has.

Okay, I have new question. (1 <3 this thread)

Thoughts on using upb as an offensive move off stage on characters with good recoveries, i.e. almost everyone?

I'm using it a lot with some pretty excellent results. :chuckle:

Villi

Smash Lord
I've been doing some experimenting on the parasol too. In order to effectively edge guard with it, you need to connect with the attack as she opens her parasol -- everything else before that has a set knock-back and the opened parasol has really weak knock-back. The spacing is difficult to pull off consistently, but I've managed to get some pretty sweet KOs on ROB and Snake.

It's a viable follow up after a correctly DId fthrow off the stage if you can't just catch them with an up air.

Also, for fun, if you hit someone with just the first strike of her umbrella (which has set knockback) by being near them and up-b'ing backward while facing them, you can juggle them by opening and closing your parasol pretty safely at certain percents when the knockback isn't too high or low.

I'm in a combo video doin some Parasol dealy lol plug it's the last clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdRc26TYjgI

BentoBox

Smash Master
Niko used to try going for stage spikes with the Up-b~ (he's done so in some vids at least). He'd drop really low under the stage and try to intercept his opponent's recovery with the umbrella~ It rarely worked though =p but there's nothing wrong with trying out new things~

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Peach Move Usefulness Tier List

MenoUnderwater's Peach move tier list based on usefulness. Thoughts?

Down b - bombomb

High
Down air
Down b - turnip
Down b - Mr. Saturn
Jab
Forward air
Forward smash - golf club
Forward smash - tennis racket
Down b - beamsword

Middle
Back air
Forward smash - frying pan
Forward tilt
Dash attack
Up tilt
Neutral air
Up smash
Up B
Neutral B
Forward B
Up air
Down smash
Pummel
Grab

Low
Down throw
Back throw
Forward throw
Down tilt
Side taunt
Up throw

I'd like you to take note of the jab's, back air's, dash attack's, beamsword's, and up b's higher-up placement.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i'd put fair right below dair and side taunt is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too low on that list. It shud be bottom of the high tier at worst. also i find nair is a little more useful than bair just b/c it's easier to finish combos w/ it as well as use it oos. it's just has higher utility imo.

also, the throw moves are more useful than bomber and maybe usmash just b/c of overall utility as well due to glide toss approaches, jab grabs, shield grabs, dthrow combos, etc. =O

nice list though.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
^^^ Definitely, side taunt is one of her best moves. And down taunt is also pretty good when you don't have time to pull off a full side taunt without getting punished.

Is Grab/Pummel referring just to the pummel? Because grab and pummel should really have two separate entries, since grab is really good and pummel is less so.

Also, I'd say up-air should be higher. Good for KOs, good range.

And back-throw and down-throw higher (back-throw = highest % off of a throw, down-throw = combos at low %).

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Is Grab/Pummel referring just to the pummel? Because grab and pummel should really have two separate entries, since grab is really good and pummel is less so.
That's right. I'll fix my list.

I'll update with a new one some time soonish.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Bump. And new question: how useful would a Glide Toss downwards be?
I haven't found one use for a downwards glide toss yet, honestly it just seems like I waste a turnip everytime I try to do something with a downwards glide toss. If the turnip was able to go below platforms or something then it would have a use.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I've been trying to use Glide Tossing down as a part of my play stlye but so far, it's not that useful. You can feint and Glide Toss down for an approach but you'll probably just get hit. I suppose you can reverse Glide Toss out the way of someone coming towards you

Meno, I don't think the Bob-omb should be top. It's useful yes but there is a reasonably large risk of it doing more harm than good and it's very rare you get it anyway

Down air is easily top and I think Fair should be as well. Imagine trying to use Peach without these moves

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
I think stitchy should replace Bom-Omb. There's less a chance you'll be harmed.
Only chance of being harmed with stitchy is if he's reflected right? :laugh:

haha, everytime I get a stitchy my opponent never notices and I start running away until I find a weakness to hit him with it :).

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Her side taunt is overrated, I don't find it funny anymore, but it fits perfectly for what it is...a TAUNT. Peach has TAUNTS -looks at Ganon's sword taunt---wait, that thing taunts the PLAYER using Ganon.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Peach Move Usefulness Tier List v. 2

Fixed.

Down b - stitchface
Down b - bombomb

High
Down air
Down b - turnip
Down b - Mr. Saturn
Forward air
Jab
Forward smash - golf club
Forward smash - tennis racket
Down b - beamsword

Middle
Back air
Neutral air
Forward smash - frying pan
Forward tilt
Dash attack
Up tilt
Up smash
Up B
Neutral B
Grab
Up air
Forward B
Down smash
Pummel

Low
Down throw
Back throw
Forward throw
Down tilt
Side taunt
Up throw

I moved a few things I agreed with, such as a higher place for the fair, neutral air, and grab. I also added the stitchface.

I'm ranking the items as if I had them - I understand how rare they are, but how useful they would be if I did have them. And while the taunt is old to us, it still has incredible potential against outside opponents.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Well...both.

If you slap them, for instance, your Jab will decay while your other moves will refresh.

TruckOSaurus

Smash Apprentice
I've got a noob question that's been bothering me :

What's the difference between a reverse glide toss and a backward glide toss? I don't even know which one I'm doing (Rollback-> Smash C-stick in the opposite direction)

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
....>....

Peach is facing to the right. (do nothing)

....>o...

Peach has a turnip. (down-b)

..>...o..

Peach throws forward and moves backwards. (roll backwards and press a/c-stick) This is a backwards glide toss.

....<....

This is Peach again. (do nothing)

...o<....

Peach has a turnip. (down-b)

..>..o...

Peach reverses direction and throws it, while moving backwards. (roll forwards and tap c-ctick in opposite direction) This is a reverse glide toss.

Top Bottom