• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller Presents: Hurricane Meta Knight. Princeton, NJ. November 22nd.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Table of Amazing Contents:
I. Introduction!
II. Disclaimer!
III. Polling, and discussions!
IV. Venue, Fees, and Prizes!
V. Rules aaaaand Stages!!
VI. Contact Info

I.Enemy Controller, the crew based heavily on Montage, is starting its own series with the next big tournament in New Jersey. It's sure to be the largest one yet! We had 71 players enter singles at our last event, and we want even more this time!

II.Disclaimer: There will be no fighting, threatening, or anything of the like allowed. No warnings, no nothing. You do it, you're done. Trash talk, and other things are not only fine, but encouraged.

III.This time, we're going to limit the stages further. As new techniques and strategies are found, it's our duty as players to make sure the most fair ruleset is enforced, so expect a bit of a change. If you have a say, and you aren't a moron, please leave your input!

IV. Venue: 3499 Rt 1 South
Princeton, NJ 08540
The Palmer Inn

The tournament will be in the Garden Room. Call Inui at 732-829-1805 if you need directions. If you need to be picked up from the Princeton, Princeton Junction, or Trenton train stations, which are all close by, call someone at the tournament to pick you up and we'll be happy to do so.

Schedule!
Signups/ Warmups/ Friendlies: 11-12:45
Announcements: 12:45- 1
Doubles: 1-4
Crews: 4:30
Singles:: 6:00

Entry:

Venue Fee: $3
Singles: $10
Teams: $10 per team
Crews: $25 per crew

Prizes: All money in pot will be used for the prizes! The payouts go to the following:

Singles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
(If the bracket exceeds 50 players, the payout changes to 50/25/15/5/2.5.)

Teams:

1st: 60%
3rd: 10%

Crews:

1st: 70%

V. Brawl Rules!
* Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, seven minute time limit.
* Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
* The bracket will be seeded by crews/region and rankings.
* Items will be off.
* Life stealing is allowed in teams.
* Smashballs will be OFF.
* Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, and then proceed. The loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
* -Dave's Stupid Rule Modified will be in effect. The same stage can not be played twice in a row in a single set.
* The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
* Any attempt at lame tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame tactics will result in forfeit.
These tactics include, but are not limited to:
-Stalling under a stage.
-Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there's 30 seconds, and you bail, that's one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, we're stopping the match. It's at the judge's discretion.)

V.5: Stages:

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!

Banned Stages:

* Luigi's Mansion
* Green Hill Zone
* Distant Planet
* Mario Cicuit
* Bridge of Eldin
* Skyworld
* Mushroomy Kingdom
* Rumble Falls
* Spear Pillar
* Port Town: Aero Dive
* Shadow Moses Island
* 75m
* Mario Bros Arcade
* The Summit
* Flatzone 2
* WarioWare Inc.
* New Pork City
* Yoshi's Island (old)
* Hyrule
* Big Blue
* Onett
* Great Sea
* Corneria
* Pictochat
* Hanenbow
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Norfair

Crew Battles:
Tactical Tag Team
Created by Blue

We have done many singles and doubles tournaments. We have seen what each and every brawler is capable of in these past couple of months. So now, lets see how smart you are to use stages stock percents time and your partners to really see if you know the game rather than simply hit and dodge. This is a Teams Crew Battles Event.

This crew battle is as like the previous, consisting of a team of 5 brawlers of the same crew. Even by chance 5 brawlers are not a crew they can still enter if the judges approve of it. There must be a crew leader to make team decisions. Round up and gather brawlers to make a crew team and show your experience in team match ups and level advantages.

Crew Battles: Tactical Tag Team Rules

1. Each member will be given 3 stocks each. When in a match stock sharing is allowed.

2. If the crew wins the match with one available player, the leader will then choose the next member for the next crew match. Once more, stock sharing is available in the match, even to the previous player that won the match with one stock. At the start of the match that player must SD to however many stocks were remaining in the previous match and then the match begins.

3. The crew that lost the first crew match will then pick 2 more brawlers as a replacement. The losers are then allowed to choose the stage or let it be a random stage pick. If the losers choose to have a random stage pick the winners or that one winner of the crew battle must then stay the same character for the next round. If the losers decide to pick a counter pick stage to gain the advantage the winners are then allowed to change characters.

4. First round is a blind pick.

5. If 1 player is left in a crew and he has more than 1 stock, a crew member that isn't the leader may be chosen to enter the crew battle using one of the extra stocks.

6. All normal stage rules apply.

Contact info:
AIM: Sesshomaru010101 for Inui, AtomskTooGood for Atomsk
Phone: 732-829-1805 for Inui

Closing: Enemy Controller will be accepting crew battles for cash.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You're not going to C3? Unfortunately I'm busy this weekend again with plans I've had for months lol. I'll eventually be at one of ur tourneys

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The regional circuit things don't mean anything anymore. One of the tournaments got lost and every damn event is in MD/VA and nowhere else. Screw the circuit.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
The regional circuit things don't mean anything anymore. One of the tournaments got lost and every damn event is in MD/VA and nowhere else. Screw the circuit.
I agree, C3 is the second one in MD/VA. If I go to either it will definately be this since it's much closer and cheaper. I also hear a lot of good things about these tournies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I agree, C3 is the second one in MD/VA. If I go to either it will definately be this since it's much closer and cheaper. I also hear a lot of good things about these tournies.
Third one in MD/VA, actually. The last one got "lost" and doesn't count towards points, though. Then a huge gap in time between circuit events was enacted for no reason. There were a large amount of awesome tournaments to choose from to turn into circuit events, but they never did it.

Plank, I'm assuming Jason will go to the circuit event. It's barely any farther from him than my hotel and he'll want to team with Azen and get the circuit points, probably.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok so I was told to go to N.J tournys since than are ran well and all (Thank atomsk for this info.) And I wanted to hit an ECRC. Since it seems these things matter to truely state your name with your main and show how good you are. But I am hearing bad things about them as well. So idk what I wanna do.

This is closer to me and cheaper. So that's pretty sweet

The ECRC in MD/VA cost more but I hear there is more competition and thats how you officially get ranked. But am hearing they are runned bad and have problems. And its far. So I be burning alot of cash.

I was thinking of going to the ECRC. But I'll keep an eye out on this tourny and see whats up. If anything, I might go to this instead. We'll see what happens.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Ok so I was told to go to N.J tournys since than are ran well and all (Thank atomsk for this info.) And I wanted to hit an ECRC. Since it seems these things matter to truely state your name with your main and show how good you are. But I am hearing bad things about them as well. So idk what I wanna do.

This is closer to me and cheaper. So that's pretty sweet

The ECRC in MD/VA cost more but I hear there is more competition and thats how you officially get ranked. But am hearing they are runned bad and have problems. And its far. So I be burning alot of cash.

I was thinking of going to the ECRC. But I'll keep an eye out on this tourny and see whats up. If anything, I might go to this instead. We'll see what happens.
Assloads of transportation costs + staying there (Unless you intend to drive back to NYC afte the tourney, which would be intense) + LolECRC < Lower trans costs + guaranteed good host crew / venue + less time.

Trust me, this is better.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would need housing if I go to the ECRC. Only think that bugs me is I just wanna get ranked well as a Peach on the EC. And it seems the ECRC is the only way to make it official and not fan bais.

I Have played in N.Y,N.J and MA and hit the single digits at them. And I am gonna play in CT 2morrow. But I don't know if doing all of this will get me ranked or known officially as Top Peach main on the EC, even if I do place well. That's why this is bugging me. But you are right, this does sound better. ugh!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I would need housing if I go to the ECRC. Only think that bugs me is I just wanna get ranked well as a Peach on the EC. And it seems the ECRC is the only way to make it official and not fan bais.

I Have played in N.Y,N.J and MA and hit the single digits at them. And I am gonna play in CT 2morrow. But I don't know if doing all of this will get me ranked or known officially as Top Peach main on the EC, even if I do place well. That's why this is bugging me. But you are right, this does sound better. ugh!
Why the hell do you care what the EC rankings say?

They've made it invalid just by making it hard for the majority of the region to get to, thus lowering the pool of good players. Don't worry about it.

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to this instead. The last ECRC I went to was really bad. Only about 1/4 of the turnout that was expected came. It cost way too much just for that. The NYC tournie I just went to had 167 people compared to the 60+ people that attended the last ECRC. In these economic troubled times, its better to go to this.

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
Inui, wanted to know if "lame tactics" include infinites as well? I was told that the last tournie you held had infinites band. If so, what infinites or semi-infinites are band.

Ex. Dedede's, IC's 0 to death grabs, wall infinites, etc.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I'm going to this instead. The last ECRC I went to was really bad. Only about 1/4 of the turnout that was expected came. It cost way too much just for that. The NYC tournie I just went to had 167 people compared to the 60+ people that attended the last ECRC. In these economic troubled times, its better to go to this.
there was a hurricane during CH4 -_-

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
****, its going to take an hour to get to the tourney from where im at. ill see if i can make it, probably only for singles though, my usual partner probably wont come :p unless i can get someone else ^_^

BentoBox

Smash Master
You forgot to mention Green Greens~

And is DDD's chaingrab on DK considered an infinite? (yesplz)

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
D3 has a standing infinite on DK/Mario/Bowser/Luigi/Samus/other D3s. So yes, it's banned, because he can do it infinitely from a standing position.

doommachine15

Smash Ace
Inui you don't have to offer Will, Matt and I the same thing to get us to go again we love how you run it and are looking forward to it...of course doing the same thing as last time would be amazing, but yea I did greatly appreciate everything you did for us...talk to matt about it

ANTi_

Smash Hero
yeah i guess i should come to this never been to a NJ tourny.

EDIT EDIT EDIT : nevermind this takes me a good 5 hours to get here by train and bus

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui you don't have to offer Will, Matt and I the same thing to get us to go again we love how you run it and are looking forward to it...of course doing the same thing as last time would be amazing, but yea I did greatly appreciate everything you did for us...talk to matt about it
My brother is out of jail and living in my room with me again, so housing people has become more difficult anyways. >_>;

It will have to be for my crew only this time. Sorry.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I am coming if we can use my Italian version of BRAWL!! so pretty..

Top Bottom