• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/06/08 Orlando Play N Trade - Winter Smash Brawl Tournament

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
I am posting this on behalf of our friends at Play N Trade. As a favor I will be helping them run this tournament. So see you all there!

Play N Trade Waterford presents their first Brawl Tournament: A Winter Brawl

So here's the run Down:

Tentative Date:

December 6th 2008

Format: Doubles, Singles

Time:

Doubles Starts: Noon (it may start later then Noon depending on how many people show up late).

Singles Starts after Doubles but not earlier then 2pm

-Note that this tournament maybe an all day affair if participating in Doubles and Singles you will probably be here from around 10am to around 9pm or later (depending on how many people show).

DISCLAIMER: there will be NO Refunds given without extreme emergency on the day of the tournament! This will run till at least 9pm, if you can't stay that late don't enter! Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part.

Gamer Fees:

Registration will be at the door

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $15 admission per player

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair

Banned:

Rainbow Cruise
Pipes (Yoshi's Island - Melee)
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

Prizes:

Singles

If below than 90 players:

1st Place 40% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 15%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5%

If above 90 players:
1st Place 35% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 15%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5 %
5th/6th 2.5%
5th/6th 2.5%

Doubles

First Place team will receive 50% of doubles admission
Second Place team will receive 15% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive 5% of doubles admission

Snacks and Food will be available for Purchase at Play N Trade (stock permitting)

- Sodas
- Monster
- Chips (Lays Producets)
- Candy (Lots of different Candy Bars)

Also this is Waterford so there is TONS of food in the area and yes we allow outside food and drinks inside.

504 N. Alafaya Tr. Suite 111
Orlando, FL, 32828

Phone Number - 407-482-8655

Play N Trade is right down Alafaya Tr. From Gigabits, a few miles down the road.

Across The Street from the main Waterford Lakes plaza in the Waterford Towers. This is the plaza with Home Depot and Circuit City inside it. If you end up in the plaza with Target and Bestbuy this is the wrong one, go across the street. We are near Buffalo Wild Wings in the plaza.

Directions:

Coming off 417 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.

Go straight down university heading for UCF. Hang a right at the intersection of University Blvd. and Alafaya Trail.

Go down Alafaya Trail past Colonial Dr. (AKA 50). We will be the plaza on the right side of the street.

Coming off 408 (toll road)

Get off at the exit for Alafaya Trail - Take a left onto Alafaya Trail. Hang a left into the plaza with Home Depot (It will be very close to the exit of 408).

*NOTE* Play N Trade of Waterford will provide some TVs and WII systems but we will need more so we can hold friendlies and make the tournament go smoothly.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
why is there such extreme pot ****, pnt doesn't lose business like gigs so why is there pot ****??
You're so wronnggg

I don't think there is bad pot ****.

%50 is bad.

Let me check again.

I think their payout is actually pretty good.

Yea. 70% is fine. It's better than a door fee.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
why is there such extreme pot ****, pnt doesn't lose business like gigs so why is there pot ****??
I would tend to think that 70% payout is not bad.

If you do the match that means 10.50 goes to the pot and 4.50 goes to the venue. You could instead make it 10 dollars entry and 5 dollar door fee and thus less goes to the pot. Or make it 15 entry with 100% and a 5 dollar door fee, but that costs you all more.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If this place starts holding tourneys regularly I'd never be tempted to go anywhere further than 2 mins away(gigs) for smash again.

Two places less than a mile away, too good.

Gameorama91

Smash Rookie
Really hope I can go to this one, all day thing might be a problem, specially considering I'd only be in Singles, but I'll try to be there. I must prove that other's besides MK/snakes/DDD's can win! Especially MK's...I don't like them no more lol.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Any idea if there is an "at the latest starting time"? So far I haven't been to a tourney that started within 2 hours of the original planned time, so I just thought I'd check so I can show up late too if need be.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Chances are I'll be coming to this instead of Gigs.

:D

TEAM AFRICCCCAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I think this tourney needs more hype. It's another tourney venue...it'd be really cool to get a good number of people there. Finals might be an issue, but we'll see.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
You guys should also hold melee. It will help with attendance :).

It will change the attendance from 20 people to 30, i'd bet.

Top Bottom