• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step Yo Game up Cleveland : >8/

King~

Smash Champion
I wanna get some more smashing going on in the northeast part of Ohio. This will be held in my basement where there is ample seating.

MY address is:
8884 Oakbrook circle, Twinsburg, Ohio, 44087

there plenty of parking around my complex so no need to worry

According to the mapquest its 30 mins from akron university and from personal exprience its about 30-40 minutes from cleveland

PLZ BRING SETUPS

I need between 2 and 4 TVs and WIIs/Gamecubes for this to run smoothly so plz bring one if you can

also 3 copies of Brawl or Melee(whatever you want to play)

Rules:
No smoking, or heavy drinking in my house, or drug use
No loud or abnoxious cursing in my house
No stealing
Fights can be settled outside the house if neccesary
No gambling that is unrelated to smash

call me if you need anything like directions or such: 216-325-8735

lets make this fun

payouts are as follows:

1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Teams Payout
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

rules i stole from Joes:

Brawl Rules and Format:

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

* The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. This includes ledge stalling, which is running away after gaining a lead in percent/stock and abusing the ledge's invincibilty.

* D3's standing infinite is banned, you can chaingrab across the stage however.(this is a small enough event where this can be watched)

King Yoshi's Brawl Stage list:

Starters:

Final destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi island
pokemon stadium 1

Counterpicks:

Lylat
Castle Seige
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

I am up for discussion on the counter pick list

This will start promptly at 2:00PM registration between 4:00 and 5:00 and can go on till whenever(or 1AM)

i don't plan on charging anything for entrance, but if there is enough intrest we can negotiate a price for a tournament to go on or some other shenanigans. and we can order up some pizzas or other nonsense, yes its possible for other nonsense.

G$hbeeb

Smash Cadet
dude yeah I don't know if you had ne1 else respond but i'm only like 20 mins from there. I have some smash friends that are from akron area and we could prolly wrestle up about 5-7 guys depending on how intense they are gonna be studying for exams. . .tween me and muh friends we have a sweet GW and ROB one hardcore Diddy and i play snake/falco/wario. we can get some mad tech matches on. let me know what's up with it.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Ya sounds good, Id assume I could make it since Im like 5 minutes away. I might be bringing a friend or 2.

nojoes

Smash Ace
exactly!

hell we could even go lower than $5 but i think it'd be good practice (no sandbagging) and those who arent as crazy about it can play and not lose $15 =P also those without as much money can still enter. w00t.

King~

Smash Champion
Oh wow didnt expect the bump

yea we can do a mini tourney for like 3-5 dollars, i dont see a problem in that.

ill edit my first post with the game rules later

nojoes

Smash Ace
I'd say move this to the 12th or 13th or something, whatever is best for people, 5th is lancaster ohio tournament and 6th is MI tournament.

King~

Smash Champion
12-13th works better because it's after finals week
me and all muh crew would b able 2 make it 4 sure
iight 13th it is

4$ for tournament(to give some reason for winning)

Rules are up, please read and comment, i can change them between now and the 6th

FlipX

Smash Ace
How many T.Vs do you have at your house right now?
If I had a t.v. I would bring one, but atm I dont have a portable one -.-
I should look into buying a small one, i remember checking like a year or two ago when we used to have smaller tournys, and I dont think they were to expensive.

King~

Smash Champion
i only have one that i can transfer to my basement, and i could possibly get another one from one of my relatives house.

can u bring your cube!!!?????

FlipX

Smash Ace
Ya I can bring my cube up. My friends little brother MIGHT let me borrow his TV but im guessing his mom won't let him because she isn't exactly the most lenient person, but ill see what I can do.

King~

Smash Champion
Interested.

I'll see if I can get a ride there.
good the more the merrier

Ya I can bring my cube up. My friends little brother MIGHT let me borrow his TV but im guessing his mom won't let him because she isn't exactly the most lenient person, but ill see what I can do.
alright cool, hopefully i can get my cousins Wii aswell cause i know hes not using it for anything

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I may be able to bring like.... 15 people to this no joke. I'm already doing crew battles that day on the 13th, is there any way your place can hold this many more people and we could possibly have a larger crew battle or something? Tell me if you're interested and I'll tell my crew and west salem's crew.

King~

Smash Champion
I may be able to bring like.... 15 people to this no joke. I'm already doing crew battles that day on the 13th, is there any way your place can hold this many more people and we could possibly have a larger crew battle or something? Tell me if you're interested and I'll tell my crew and west salem's crew.
i am pretty confident that i can even if everyone brings the max amount of who they say their bringin, so there is a little wiggle room

if it feels to crowded i can use my room for some matches aswell, and maybe use the living room.

however i would really need all the setups i could get(so like 5 or 6)

nojoes

Smash Ace
I'd say start around 2 at the latest. that seems about right.

and what's prize payout?

75%
25% or money back?

depending on how many?

King~

Smash Champion
20-25 pays top 2

75% 1st
25%2nd

26-above pays top 3

70% 1st
20% 2nd
10% 3rd

ill go into negotiations with the owner(moms) i doubt there will be any objection

and is anyone gonna play melee other than Flip and his friends and me if i find time?

King~

Smash Champion
i can start it at 2:00

and open registartion between 4 and 5(so people can play and other nonsense such as eating)

if we get around 6 setups(optimism) it should run fairly smooth(more optimism)

5 being the latest possible time, im trying to be flexible but not gumby flexible

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I "should" be able to bring two setups maybe more. I say "should" because the last time someone let me borrow their wii, someone stole it. Because of that, they're a bit reluctant to let me borrow another.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Ok I'm pretty certain Jokey and I will be coming to this. Just have to convince him to drive, and find out when he's done with classes.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm most probably planning on coming to this. I still don't know what's going on with my finals but it shouldn't be a problem.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Im still working on getting a t.v. for this but im not 100%. Ill wait to see if you need my gamecube, because it doesn't look like to many melee players will be showing up.

King~

Smash Champion
I "should" be able to bring two setups maybe more. I say "should" because the last time someone let me borrow their wii, someone stole it. Because of that, they're a bit reluctant to let me borrow another.
lol tell them it wont be very hard to keep an eye out for it,

Im still working on getting a t.v. for this but im not 100%. Ill wait to see if you need my gamecube, because it doesn't look like to many melee players will be showing up.

thanks man, hopefully people bring some tvs cause this will be gay if we only have like 1 or 2 tvs

and good idea on the cube thing cause there seems to be minimal intrest

4% APR

Smash Champion
I think I might come to this. Are you doing a teams tourney too? If not X and will probably team money match some people. I'll bring a set up and I'll play some melee

King~

Smash Champion
i thought this question might come up at some point

if we can finish singles by like 11 ill run doubles

if we do doubles im thinkin 10 each team(5 each) though

FlipX

Smash Ace
Yes melee players! =P
BTW: King ill be there a little later, maybe around 4-4:30 because until then Im going to be out in canton doing community service for school -.-

FlipX

Smash Ace
Ya, teams fo sho. I might be down for some low tier teams, just gotta make sure they are up to par first, but hopefully we can do a few of those as well.

Top Bottom