• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step Yo Game up Cleveland : >8/

FlipX

Smash Ace
Link is still good dog.
Low
Link 4.7
Pikachu 4.3
Young Link 4.2
Roy 3.6
Zelda 3.0
Game and Watch 3.0

Bottom
Ness 2.5
Yoshi 2.5
Bowser 2.2
Mewtwo 1.8
Kirby 1.5
Pichu 1.2

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
zomg, my friends are having a DOUBLE birthday party this night. Also, Beegs might not even show up for crew battles... I know I was pressing on having the tournament postponed but now I want it to happen sooner lol.

Also, my car may have bit the dust today...

I may just show up for some friendlies and MMs depending on what happens.

FINALS SUCK!@!@!$UJK!RHJKADJ

King~

Smash Champion
ok im gonna cap this now

because im at 30-35 count right now

but thats only if everyone brings the maixim amount they say they are, but to be on the safe side im cut off now.

@ITT: lol well times set now but well see how people feel when everyone is here.

4% APR

Smash Champion
get *****, who u guys rock? remember no luigi, DK, or link anymore, thats mid tier now.

pikachu scrapes by. o ya pika pichu mm
Pika pichu mm for sure. We'll probably be zelda link but no promises

FlipX

Smash Ace
King is probably at work so ill post this for him.

If you are bringing a t.v. you should post saying so, that way he has an idea of how many set ups will be there because a lot of people look like they are coming.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings

If you are bringing a t.v. you should post saying so, that way he has an idea of how many set ups will be there because a lot of people look like they are coming.
1 T.V. 1-2 wii's

Beegs may also be coming with a T.V.

King~

Smash Champion

this

and i dont know if its just the conversation or what

imma gonna take a vote close to the end of singles for doubles or melee singles

if we do go melee singles, can i ask either flip or 4$ to make the rules(or use what ever ones) and run it since i dont know to much about the melee rule set

FlipX

Smash Ace
This is just taken from the TYM page, but most of the melee players know the rules already.

Although I didn't know you were allowed to reset the random stage. Is that real lol?

Melee Rules and Format:

* 4 Stock Double Elimination.

* Sets best of 3 until final which is best of 5.

* Items off.

* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.

* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.

* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.

* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)

* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)

* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.

* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.

* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Melee Stage List:

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:

Pokefloats
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Corneria

SOAPPPPP!!! Do you want to team? We still have not teamed at all. This is sad and unforente event which in turn, makes me a sad sad panda. T_T (Yes I'm talking about Melee.) I'm a man that plays both.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Supposing I can bum a ride off the Akron guys (which it seems could be the case), then I can bring a Wii and Brawl, though I don't currently have melee, and I can't bring a TV.

Edit:
Fights can be settled outside the house if neccesary
I lol'ed. I kind of want to see people fist fighting over a MK ban now, just because of how ridiculous it would be.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Ya, I might be able to get there early if it snows hard lol. Only reason being I wont be doing my community service because its like 45 mins away and I wouldn't wanna drive out.

Ill post in the morning saying when im coming.

soap

Smash Hero
can someone clarify exactly what is going down here? is this a smashfest? how many setups each game? is it a tourney? which game, which event? whats up

first post is confusing

King~

Smash Champion
started out a smashfest for brawl and melee but more intrest started showing so i agreed to do a cheap singles tourney for brawl

so thats whats happening first after that finishes depending on the time im either thinkin:

brawl doubles
melee singles
brawl low tiers
melee low tiers
melee doubles

i figured i'd do this democratically when the time came

as for setups

it seems like one guranteed TV(two if i use the main living room one)(my cousin gayed me outta of another one)
ITT said he might bring one and i believe two other people said they might bring one.

theres seems to be plenty of wii's though, and Flip and 4% said they could bring cubes

ideally i wanted three or four brawl tvs and 2 melee so well see.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
KY, while I'm all for what you have there (though there are indeed crew battles going on in Akron beforehand), when are Brawl singles?

Also, who needs a partner for doubles (Brawl doubles that is. Trust me, you don't want me on your Melee teams >.< )?

King~

Smash Champion
KY, while I'm all for what you have there (though there are indeed crew battles going on in Akron beforehand), when are Brawl singles?

Also, who needs a partner for doubles (Brawl doubles that is. Trust me, you don't want me on your Melee teams >.< )?

lol, imma start this around 2:00 and imma start registration probly around 4:30

thats the latest i can start registration at, if you guys are on the way you can call ahead so i can get you in the brackets and pay when you get here

nojoes

Smash Ace
oh. I just looked at the list and was like No brawl singles? wah?

but yeah. I dunno if i can come. I was supposed to go to MI but vidjo left before i could get a hold of him.

thanks for the clarification Flip.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
our crew battles are awesome right now. I know I'm bringing at least 1 wii and 1 TV confirmed now.

King~

Smash Champion
1. Byaa!(Metaknight)
2. Beegs(Marth/Metakight)
3. Jokey(Rob)
4. Ithrowthings(sonic)
5. Newbreeze(Kirby)
5. Xtacy(Mario/Jigglypuff)
7. King Yoshi(Pikachu)
7. Glov(falco)
9. FlipX
9. Justin