• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pokémon tourney ORLy Wins!

A.A

Smash Cadet
First do i need approval?
Ok well i was looking and their is no pokemon tourney on here so i decided to make one

These are the rules:

Rules

* The following Pokemon are banned: Mewtwo, Mew, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-oh, Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (All Formes), Garchomp, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Manaphy, Darkrai & Arceus (all types).
* Battles must be contested under the "Single Battle, Level 100 Rules" Each player using 6 Pokémon.
* Battles can be contested on Pokémon Battle Revolution or Pokémon Diamond & Pearl or on shoddy battle if both players agree.
* Sleep Clause is in effect (Only one Pokémon per team may be forcibly put under the Sleep Status at any one given time, not including Rest users). If you Encore a Sleep Move, or Lock a Pokémon into a Sleep Move via switching their Item to a Choice Item, it's your own fault.
* Self KO Clause is in effect (If you use Explosion/Self Destruct, Perish Song, Destiny Bond etc as your final move to make the match end in a draw, you lose.)
* Species Clause (You may only use one of the same Pokémon per team, eg. Only 1 Charizard, but you may use a Charmander and/or Charmeleon too).
* OHKO Moves are banned (Moves that faint a Pokémon in one hit, eg. Fissure, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, Guillotine).
* Evasion Moves are banned (Double Team, Minimize etc).
* Please refrain from using Hacked/Sharked Pokémon, this rule shouldn't even need to be stated. It spoils all the fun. If you have ever plugged your game into a Cheat Pak at any time, I strongly suggest that you do not enter this tournament.
* No illegal movesets. (This includes any new moves from Pokémon Platinum).
* Disconnections will most likely count as a Loss, unless your opponent agrees to a rematch if the connection was at fault. If there was no clear winner, the match is likely to be replayed.
Thanx to havak for these rules

Ok i don't know how much people will sign up so i will start with saying 16 people but will increase on demand. If you have any questions just ask away.

1. A.A
2. 0RLy
3. Zook
4. Lord Bowser
5. vyse
6. ss118-articanus
7. sonofthesky
8. roy is my boi- Ph3artehph1r3
9. ozg82889
10. SkylerOcon
11. karthik_king
12. MysticKenji
13. Mewter
14. zrky
15. choknater
16. bolt.

Subs
1. ChiboSempai
2.ToiletRoll-UnderScratch
3.Magik0722

Ok due to people favouring shoddy battle more than wifi this has become a shoddy battle only tourney. If you would like to drop out because of this just post telling me to take you out.

SR is not banned their is no need for it to banned if you can't counter it then maybe you should have thought your team out better

Same applys with curselax, they aren't to hard to beat.

The only mon that are not allowed are the mons that are on the first post

The prize for first place is:

31/31/31/28/31/31 Adamant Beldum

Round 1 started 27/11/2008

Deadline is 11/12/2008

ozg82889
v Lord Bowser
Mewter v zrky
SkylerOcon v 0RLy
karthik_king v vyse
ss118-articanus v A.A
choknater v roy is my boi- Ph3artehph1r3
Zook v ToiletRoll-UnderScratch
MysticKenji v ChiboSempai

Round 2

0RLy v MysticKenji
ozg82889 v karthik_king (Both out for not playing)
ss118-articanus v zrky (Both out for not playing)
choknater v Zook

Final
ORLy v Zook

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I was going to join until I realized this would be a WiFi tournament.

You might want to lower the amount of spaces you need to start. Not many people come here in the first place, and those that do either aren't interested in competitive battling or stick to Shoddy Battle.

A.A

Smash Cadet
I was going to join until I realized this would be a WiFi tournament.

You might want to lower the amount of spaces you need to start. Not many people come here in the first place, and those that do either aren't interested in competitive battling or stick to Shoddy Battle.
How about if i allow shoddy aswell as D&P? if both partys agree

A.A

Smash Cadet
I'll join if I can use Shoddy.

However, will Platinum moves still be banned on Shoddy? And what about Wynaut and Skymin?
On shoddy no, Wynaut and Skymin are both allowed

@ss118 are you joining?

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
I'll join, like the person said before me, i too am new to competitive battling and will probably get hammered.

Btw. Whats shoddy battling? Is it like conversation with calculations?

A.A

Smash Cadet
I'll join, like the person said before me, i too am new to competitive battling and will probably get hammered.

Btw. Whats shoddy battling? Is it like conversation with calculations?
Its a pokemon battle simulation

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
Ah, how do you do these simulations? it sounds interesting :p

p.s. thanks for putting me in

A.A

Smash Cadet
http://shoddybattle.com/

It's very fun, and easy to download.

What server will we be using to battle on Shoddy, btw?
it doesn't really matter does it? But cause its easier to use the official one, cause you don't have to use the advanced tool and all that. However if 2 people want to use the smogon one then by all means do so

@ToiletRoll-What do you mean

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
I click on the "Download" link and it opens up and gives me three options, 'Find' 'save' and 'cancel'
I click on find, nothing comes up except the page telling you its unfindable.
I click on save, it saves... thats it...
And cancel.... you get the idea...

Then i click on Run from my start menu and enter the url thing, same thing happens again. =/

A.A

Smash Cadet
I click on the "Download" link and it opens up and gives me three options, 'Find' 'save' and 'cancel'
I click on find, nothing comes up except the page telling you its unfindable.
I click on save, it saves... thats it...
And cancel.... you get the idea...

Then i click on Run from my start menu and enter the url thing, same thing happens again. =/
well when you press download you get a menu saying open not find. You have tried the
"Alternatively, if the download link does not work, and you are using Windows, choose Run from the Start menu and enter the following before clicking OK:
javaws http://shoddybattle.com/client/shoddybattle.php" part?

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
@ A.A

"Then i click on Run from my start menu and enter the url thing, same thing happens again. =/"

Thats the part you're talking about =/

EDIT: I'll try what you said Orly. doing that now :)

Still showing up the Find Save and Cancel rubbish, and the link aint changed much either. :(

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
Speaking of which, Change mine to BUG. theres a long reason to that name but dont ask :p

I dont think i'll be taking part in the shoddy stuff though, is that okay?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
there is no harm in trying is there, so what the heck ill go for it:)

only thing is, is shoddy being used or is it wifi?

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
im in. i hope this does better then the last tourny.

i hope i get some good matches.
hmm i need to plan my wifi team and improve my shoddy team

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
What if you end up fighting someone without Wi-Fi?
Yes, that would be a problem. An expert's opinion would be good round about now.... *waits*:chuckle:

I got an idea, maybe a rubbish one but whatever....
How about we split this up to two diff tourneys?
The shoddys and the ...uhh... DS/PBRers?

only an idea, but it'll remove problems with people like me who cannot compete with shoddy

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm signing up. I'll get teh pwned, but who cares?

And I'm Shoddy only. I can't bring myself to even clear the eighth gym D/P.

Mewter

Smash Master
Count me in for Shoddy. Just try to pit me against someone easy, ok?:laugh:I stink at Shoddy.
Is Curselax allowed?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
im wifi, and ill try to get shoddy.

Skyler if you want i could get passed the 8th gym for you

D

Deleted member

I think this tournament should ban SR just to see what happens. That and I like to see lesser beings crying.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
no SR? thats fine by me. it helps my team out as i wont have to worry about residual dmg. i should replace my mamoswine who usually only got to use SR before getting ko'ed.

Top Bottom