• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A GENERIC TOURNAMENT 9000+: Melee, Brawl+, Jan 3rd, MAJOR UPDATE

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Details!

Address:
55136 Lori Lane
Mishawaka, IN 46545
Call: (574)286-9286 if lost

Arrive/Registration at 11:00 AM.
11:00-12:00 - Brawl+ Practice Time and/or Lunch
12:00-2:00 - Melee Pools
2:00-4:00 - Melee Brackets
4:00-6:00 - Brawl+ Pools
6:00-7:00 - Dinner
7:00-9:00 - Brawl+ Brackets
9:00-12:00 - Melee/Brawl+ Doubles TBD

Entry Fees are $10 for all tournaments.

Schedule may change depending on attendance.

Melee Rules:
Singles/Teams shared rules
4 stock, 8 minute time limit
All pools matches are best of 3
No Items
Each person/team may knock out one stage for the entire set.
Both players may agree to an initial stage.
No stage may be played more than once per set.
Stupid Ignatius Rule: If you wish to have the game paused, you must request that your opponent do it, otherwise he has the choice to restart the round on a level of his choice. This rule does not apply to sudden obstructions and catastrophes. Please just be smart with each other.
FoD is turned off in teams due to frame-rate reduction.
Advanced Slob Picks - The loser of a match picks the next stage to play, then the winner picks their character, followed by the loser picking their character.
A double blind character pick can be called at any time with your pool captain.
At the end of time, ties are broken by lives/percentages
Team Attack is ON

Stage list
Random stages - Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
All others open for counterpicks.
Stages banned: MKI, Venom, Yoshi’s Island, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, Onett, Peach's Castle, and Yoshi's Island 64

Brawl+ Rules
Singles/Teams shared rules
3 stock, 6 minute time limit
All matches are best of 3, finals best of 5 (or 3 depending on time)
No Items
Each person/team may knock out one stage for the entire set.
Initial stage will be determined by agreement or stage strike.
No stage may be played more than once per set.
Stupid Ignatius Rule: If you wish to have the game paused, you must request that your opponent do it, otherwise he has the choice to restart the round on a level of his choice. This rule does not apply to sudden obstructions and catastrophes. Please just be smart with each other.
Advanced Slob Picks - The loser of a match picks the next stage to play, then the winner picks their character, followed by the loser picking their character.
A double blind character pick can be called at any time with your pool captain.
At the end of time, ties are broken by lives/percentages
Team Attack is ON

Stage Strike System
Initial Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island, Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter: Brinstar, Corneria, Distant Planet, Frigate Orpheon, Green Hill Zone, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokémon Stadium 2, Rainbow , Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Green Greens, Mario Circuit, Onett

Current list of Brawl+ codes:
Hitstun - 8%
This is a code that allows for just a bit more punishment off of initial attacks. It is a definite buff to offense. We didn't want to push it too high or the combos may be excessive.

Auto L-Cancel
This reduces lag on attacks, and makes it a bit more feasible to go on the attack.

No delay on Edge Grab
This is a buff to edgeguarding, and allows for an instant drop off the ledge. Oddly enough, it cancels your invulnerability, giving you the choice to either wait for the Brawl timer to expire and keep your invunerability or to immediately drop and lose it.

No tripping
Duh.

Reduced Stale Moves
The code we will post is a small reduction of stale moves. As a concept, stale moves is a poor mechanic that, instead of giving the player balanced options, the developers simply chose to force you to change your moves by drastically reducing their power. While it's a poor mechanic, it always has been a part of Smash on some level, so it was only reduced.

RAWRizard
Selecting a Pokemon will now cause you to keep it the entire battle, with no tiredness. Selecting pure Pokemon Trainer will keep him as normal.

No auto-sweetspot ledges
This is great in every way. It takes skill to recover and also gives you the option to come over the top of the stage if you want.

File with codes (Click arrow for link to post):
Smashboards doesn't allow me to upload GCT files apparently, so it's a DOC file. Rename it to .gct for it to work, lawl.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Looks like I'm going to South Bend again :).

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
first post!
...umm.... please don't do that ever again.. it pisses me off when people say first... there is no reason you should need to do that unless you have some kind of mental problem which forces you to do that. -_-;

anyways i'd be interested in going if nothing else is happening.

N64

Smash Champion
First post in a kish tourney thread? priceless.

This looks interesting. Same venue as previous?

KishPrime

BRoomer
This will not be in the church, sadly, and is only planned to be a single day event at this time.

We will gauge interest for the next two or three weeks and find a venue that is appropriate.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
People have already started buying plane tickets and making housing arrangements for Spawn's tournament. It's going to be pretty hard to convince East Coast to come to this if there's already a major tournament planned on the same say that's significantly closer.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
12th post!

This seems kind of soon for FC...will you be able to generate enough hype to have another big FC in only a month?

KishSquared

Smash Master
Ship can't post a tournament without people thinking it's an FC -_-;;

This is a regional tournament, not national!

EDIT: Wait, just wait. This thread title wasn't FC9000+, was it? Because if it was, KishPrime deserves an apple.

Zicore

Smash Champion
hey kishsquared....you need a ride? lol. I'll be back in WI most likely. We can ride with spikes and cosmo and sago.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Regional scale!

And actually, I'ma be in town from Christmas through New Years. Thanks for the offer though! I expect to see you guys down there :D

And just to clarify, Brawl+ = hacked Brawl. This is a hacked Brawl tournament with a Melee sidequest! Err... sideevent. Whichever you want to call it.

Legan

Smash Lord
Oh man I want to come to this but Brawl+ is so bad D: . I see playing it if there was no melee but whats the point if we got the real mcoy?

KishSquared

Smash Master
Because Bowser's so bad in Melee. Who wants to play Melee? And besides, Brawl+ is far, far different from Melee.

This is a tournament to test the validity of Brawl+. It is meant for anyone that's curious about it, and for anyone who loves Melee and wants to play it again :D

Codes will be posted after Thanksgiving. Also, we need to know who can bring a hacked Wii so we can get a count.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
oh its hacked... i don't know i'll have to test this out.. so i might or might not still be interested in coming..

KishPrime

BRoomer
Then you haven't played it much!

It's really fun...plus Melee. I mean, come on...

Come on...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
YES! SOUTH BEND IS ONLY 45-60 MINUTES FROM ME!

The tournament will feature MELEE and BRAWL+.

Now do you want to come?
CRAP! NO!

I guess I can practice Melee before then, and ... improvise for Brawl+.

I'll find out how bad Melee Kirby really is!

there is no reason you should need to do that unless you have some kind of mental problem which forces you to do that. -_-;
rofl

Ship can't post a tournament without people thinking it's an FC -_-;;

This is a regional tournament, not national!

EDIT: Wait, just wait. This thread title wasn't FC9000+, was it? Because if it was, KishPrime deserves an apple.
FC = Friend Code
No wait, Final Cutter.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Wow, just GET OUT OF MY THREAD. :p

I need to switch me back to my mod colors.

This is not an event for whiners. Only for people who love Smash Brothers. Allow me to quote Vidjogamer, age 12:

“Also you really should come here is another fact i would like to bring up....... What more could you want:
Super Smash Bros Melee
Lots of Competitition
New Opponents Just Waiting to Test Your Skill
A Tournament To See Whos The Melee Master”

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why would I want to go to a Melee event Melee is dumb you have to be careful unlike Brawl where wha'eva I do wha I wan.

But since I haven't seen Jeffrey in like 6 quatloos I'll go.

Also Mathos. The rest of cok better be there too!

KishPrime

BRoomer
Joshu you will be there and you will like it but you may not play Melee oh wellz.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Brawl+ is totally cool. What's totally uncool is when people are like "Wut a Brawl+ tournament lol rofl l2p melee guyz"

There are like a bazillion Brawl tournaments, anyone who doesn't want to play Brawl+ or Melee should go to them.

Also, when Brawl+ becomes the new tournament norm, South Bend, Indiana will be declared the birthplace of the modern era of Smash.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Wow, just GET OUT OF MY THREAD. :p

I need to switch me back to my mod colors.

This is not an event for whiners. Only for people who love Smash Brothers. Allow me to quote Vidjogamer, age 12:

“Also you really should come here is another fact i would like to bring up....... What more could you want:
Super Smash Bros Melee
Lots of Competitition
New Opponents Just Waiting to Test Your Skill
A Tournament To See Whos The Melee Master”
I just don't get why people are trying to make brawl more like melee, when you can just play melee instead and not have the hastle. Whatever, I guess.

Top Bottom