• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Moveset Discussion! [Currently: F-smash]

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Pit Moveset Discussion
F-smash

picture coming sometime in the future
Discuss!

==================================================
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
===================================

~Archive~

D-smash
pic and summary coming whenever

U-air
pic needed please

Glide/Glide Attack
pic and summary coming sometime in the future

D-tilt

summary coming soon

F-tilt
this one i did ALL BY MYSELF!!!!

F-tilt is really a good asset for pit it has great reach, decent knockback, and hard to punish if it connects on a sheild
-This move is one of the few that pit has that can effectively cancel out the most annoying move in the game (mach tornado)
-because of its deceptive reach it can be a real shock for someone not expecting it
-great suprise out of the angelic step

thanks admiral and also i wont be needing to request these anymore big thanks to maniac\

up to 16% damage if all hits connect
U-tilt is the fastest of pits moves its just freakin good ok?
-The bow part of his U-tilt comes out on frame 2 which is the fastest attack pit has
-this move is very hard to punish if done on a sheild good for pressure if your overlapping and need to get them off
-with the u-tilt launching the way it does its a great setup for many aerial approaches expecially U-air

Jab/Jab combos
thanks to corrupt for doing his guide on pit (heres the 3 hit jab)
http://a493.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/74/l_8a983c080b6e3ebb00a31f77fa344434.gif
(infinite jab)
http://a439.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/69/l_b3c8de6df540e407fd4ed2852f3e2ebe.gif
Stats: 3-3-5 with 3 hit combo for 11 dmg fresh and 3-3-2-1-1-2-1-2-1-1 or something like that for the infinite jabbolth when fresh

for those that want pictures (or just want it bigger) give maniaclyrasist a big hug for this one

one of pits best assets (and as ppl have said one of rogues favorite moves) its one of the most flexable moves that pit has in his arsenal from jab canceled grabs, tilts (expecially d-tilt) smashes its a great move

-great for a "GET AWAY FROM MEH" with good priority and speed also a good damage builder and move refresher
-because of its flexibility and speed you can do stuff like a jab>SD>jab>SD or ya know be creative

F-air
special thanks to val for the picture

Stats:6-15%

as many have called it this move is a gimping machine, its disjointed, has one of the longest reach of any of pits attacks, moderate knockback, a great spacing tool, and great for the WOP

-Fair (as i have said before) has probably gotten the most gimps out of any of pits moves
-Fair is also a great approach because of its reach, disjointed hitbox, and roughly 14-15% damage making it a great way to kick off the match
-Winglunging and Fair go together like spaghetti and meatballs the winglunge gives the Fair a sort of extended hitbox

D-air

Stats: 12% to 5% if all hits connect.

ok so this move has good vertical reach below, good priority, and has some combo potential, and has some lag but its still a great move to mix up your game and also can be an offensive or defensive move

More info:
-Dair is a good way to mix up your approach for example you can do nairs to approach but when you actually get to them you can full hop Dair to Nair or you know be creative
-Dair also is a great move for getting them up in the air to combo them more
-Dair has moderate knockback and can kill at higher percentages

N-air

Stats: 8%~11% if all hits connect.
8 Hitboxes, each dealing 1% until the last which can do 1~4%.[/CENTER]

Kupo once described this move as a "moving shield". Nair has great priority, and is quick enough to shut down slower aerials that aren't disjointed. The hitboxes stay out for long, and therefore an opponent who lets down their shield too early against this attack will be punished.

More info:
-Nair can cancel out some weaker projectiles such as auras, peanuts, and fireballs.
-SH nair is one of pit's best assets. With its disjointed hitbox and long duration it counters poorly spaced aerial approaches and beats out unperfectly timed dodges and rolls.
-Do the math; nair is fast. It comes out in 2-3 frames, and speed is critical in this game. For this reason its also a great OoS move and your panic button when being comboed.
-SH nair is generally a great approach, but you need to be careful with it; if your opponent shields all of its hits you may get shieldgrabbed in your ending lag if you don't move away or behind the opponent. This is especially important for characters with big grab ranges. Try a SH nair that advances while pit is rising but retreats when pit is falling.

B-air

Stats: 9%~3%, and 15%~6% sweetspotted.
The sweet spot is present for a short time at the start of the move.​

This is Pit's most reliable KO move and is essential to his game. It's range is just okay, but it has a sweetspot that has tons of knockback, and has a hitbox that stays out for a longer time than one would expect. The non-sweetspotted hit can be used to combo near the ground or lead into another bair sometimes.

More info:
-This move is good for WOPing.
-Fullhop-Dair over the opponent to Bair or Fair is an okay way to catch your opponent off guard to land a KO.
-Use your multiple jumps to your advantage when trying to land this move. Approach them diagonally, and when you get close, jump away, and if they react with an attack, Bair them to land a satisfying and safe hit.
-Bair has a lot of shield push, so if you have a shielded opponent directly behind and below you who looks like he's going to punish you, you can bair them and the shield stun and push will prohibit them from grabbing you or attacking you in most cases.
-You can fastfall a bair when your opponent is close below you to land the lingering hitbox and follow it up with another move.

OP: I think the Pit boards are running sorta dry on helpful content and activity, so in addition to the wonderful threads mania is producing, here's a thread that I think we will all find entertaining and useful.

Each week we will thoroughly discuss one of the moves in Pit's moveset, going through its stats, situations where you would use it, how to set up for it, and what to follow it up with, etc, and afterwards I will archive it in the first post.

Here we go!

Coffee™

I need it....
Excellent move, great for KOing at mid - high percentages and good for WOPing at low ones. Personally it's not my move of choice for the kill as it can be somewhat situational to pull off with the sweetspot but its very satisfying when you do actually land it XD

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
One of my favorite moves. I just love the feeling when you KO him with this. A little hard to hit sometimes though.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
i killed a metaknight at 88 percent with bair...pretty staisfying
vid or it didn't happen =P

Good move at any %, it might not kill if you dont ping it but I use this move alot to gimp fox or Falco as they charge their ^B with out pinging it. If you ping it they go up and out if you don't its more of just a hit really they fall out and down really but not hard.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Let's see how to make a description of the move, how Pit performs it.

Decription: Pit uses his feet to kick in front of him, and by using both hands, does a powerful stab behind him with full force.

Pit's strongest KO move if the Sweetspot connects. It is one of the easier Sweetspots to connect. If the Sweetspot connects, then the hitbox after the sweetspot wont hit, unless you're facing a Boss with multiple spots to hit em, like Petey.
So basically if you miss the sweetspot, that longer-lastin 6-7% damage Hitbox can still the opponent. Fastfalling with this could be a small temporary wall, should the opponent charge at you.

The is one of my favorite moves, and it has a small amount of landing lag.

BTW nice Pic. Yellow Aura on a dark Pit... -_-

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
Tip: stick it out when Metaknight is under you. he will shuttle loop and the hitbox will stop it and itll him him. if your time it right it will sweet spot. but if you just want to play it safe stick it out it will interrupt shuttleloop everytime :D

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Nice, we all know how great the move is. My two cents on this:

A fullhop over your opponent to Dair-Bair is great for putting pressure on people who have their shield up, and will either reset your spacing by pushing them away in shield or get you a sweetspotted bair.

Bair can also work against people who airdodge a lot after they've been thrown into the air. Leap past them and bair. You must be quick, though.

Anyone know any other setups for a sweetspotted bair?

Also, a fullhopped-weak bair will usually autocancel and set up for an f-smash once you hit the ground.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
So....sweetpotted Bair has more priority than Shuttle Loop?
in the air the only thing that applies is disjointed hitboxes. aka since moves will never clink whoever hits the other first will interrupt the attack. an example of this would be marth. His f-air is his hitbox but his f-air does not increase his hurtbox size(marths body). so when Mk uses shuittleloop his hurtbox is his body and his hitbox is also his body. but because of that he runs into pits b-air(disjointed) so he gets hit by pits b-air but is interrupted before it can hit pit.

LA180

Smash Rookie
To make a long story short: Pit's B-air is very reliable when trying to KO some one at 50-90% but it can be hard to pull off in certain situations.

I mainly use this when someone is behind me in mid-air when me and someone else has been launch in the air by an attacker. It can sometimes steal a KO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the 'sweetspot' where the enemy is like 1 in. away from Pit?

SSD

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the 'sweetspot' where the enemy is like 1 in. away from Pit?
From my experience, 'sweetspot' isn't quite the right word to use here. The Bair is a lot stronger right after it comes out, like a sex kick, except better.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
This is a very good move when doing pseudo walls of pain and killing. Now someone please move to the next move so that we can find ways of improving Pit... This was a really good thread... T_T

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
By all means, nair.

It comes out really quick so if you ever overlap an enemy you can throw it out and hit before they can do anything!

Coffee™

I need it....
I really like Nair, its a great move OoS and is useful in general for racking up nice sets of damage, especially against the larger characters such as Bowser, DDD, Snake and Donkey Kong. If used correctly it's also useful for getting out of some multihit attacks and in generally is just a very good move.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The N-air works best against larger heavier targets that will have hard times DIing outta it, like DK and Bowser. It can be Shieldgrabbed though.
The SH N-air can even be considered an approach, especially against large targets, and after the last hit of this move, it can be auto-cancelled by touching the ground.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
Yes, a SH-Nair is a good approach, just make sure that you land behind the opponent with an auto-cancel to avoid a shiled grab. I also find that N-air works well for spacing, if you short hop with N-air to correct your spacing, since its an intimidating move, the enemy will likely not approach (unless marth or ike with huge aerial range+disjointed hitbox). Retreat with the SH-Nair so when you land you can use an arrow or even run in for the grab. Sometimes when approaching an opponent from under, i use N-air instead of U-air to mix things up. It is also noteworthy that N-air leaves you slightly exposed from behind, and sticks out slightly in front of you. Do not use this move backwards to approach because of this.

Only the last hit of N-air will have significant knockback, but any hit of it will stun the opponent long enough to maybe get another attack in and set up for a combo. I use it like this often because of the forgiving start up lag. Like admiral said, go for this move alot on larger, heavier characters. Like Maniac said, this move can rack damage and is excellent for shield pressure. When approaching, SH-Nair is also useful because you can approach and cancel out many projectiles at the same time (lucario's aura blast, diddy peanuts, etc.) This move should mostly be used with a short hop.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
N-air is a great move
You can apporach with it and DI back easily.
You can easily combo n-air to n-airs and its a great Get-out of my face move when apporaching people who spotdodge alot(rob lol).
It comes out in 3 frames (from kupos frame data)
in other words faster than Mk or robbs downsmash and even pits jab.
Vs rollers it will be your good friend.
The only problem is it has semi short range.
when i was playing fear on wifi(who was on sages wii) I uses n-air alot to cancel his fireballs while punishing mario.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
It's a very good move. It eats away shields, can be lagless on a short hop and lead to faster moves like jab and up tilt to go through shields to prevent the opponent's OoS techs and it racks up damage very fast. It's also your panic move if you are being comboed since it comes out so quickly.

SilentPinoy

Smash Cadet
I usually use Nair when I've over used Uair and don't want to deal with damage decay. It's a good mix up with Uair to rack up damage. The time it's executed in the air also sometimes allows easy follow ups with Fair or Bair if they don't get knocked back with the last hit of Nair.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I consider nair to be something of a counter-approach. If you can feel that your opponent is going to come at you with a relatively slow or low-priority aerial, you can meet them in the air with nair and it will hit them before they can do anything.

nair to utilt is good too, as is nair to jab or stuff like that.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
one of the few moves that can cancel out whorenado (in its earlier stages)
the move barely decays at all (only 3 damage lost)
i dont use this enough, or sh's for that matter so im trying to incorporate them more into my game, most of the time together

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
one of the few moves that can cancel out whorenado (in its earlier stages)
the move barely decays at all (only 3 damage lost)
i dont use this enough, or sh's for that matter so im trying to incorporate them more into my game, most of the time together
Short hops are essential, i suggest you get started on that right away. With the N-air though, dont fastfall the SH since you will lose the auto cancel and end up with lag when you land... but you stil need to get used to short hop-> fast fall it will make your game way more effective by having the option at your disposal.

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
nair + large targets = pwn. sh nair is certainly amazing. I usually use it for approaching.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
N-air does somewhat help out against the Pikmin Toss thing. But it's mainly just used as an approach, especially against larger targets.

AnonymousX10

Smash Rookie
Yep, I mainly use N-air to approach. It's not that useful when I'm fighting someone who constantly forward-tilts, it just cancels my N-air and then I get pwned lol.

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
Nair is a pretty cool and underused move, it has pretty good priority, breaks through shields, can rack up a decent amount of damage, is somewhat of a "shield" as mentioned, a unexpected approach at times, can be used to stop damage decay, sometimes can even break out of a "combo" since it comes out the quickest out of all his aerials if I recall, good move for spacing, and it looks cool to add it up. It also cancels out Projectiles, which is a nice addition, and pwns Large targets.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So where's the D-air pic if we are discussing it next?

So far I can say that this little decent KO move can be SH'd and is a decent approach method with its long, wide hitbox under Pit, works better against larger targets of course.

Top Bottom