• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Moveset Discussion! [Currently: F-smash]

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
Dair is a fairly good move for Pit. It has great priority and range, but it also has a lot of landing lag if not autocancelled. It has fairly good setups from a short hop and full hop, like if you short hop dair and it hits their shield you could move away from them and do a grounded attack like angel ring. Or if you hit them with it from a short hop, it launches them up perfectly to combo with an aerial. Dair is really good in a full hop too, harder to punish if you hit a shield. Sometimes I like to do RAR dair to hit with the beginning of the dair which comes out fairly fast, if I don't want to nair, it's fairly unexpected. You can kill with dair as well, but really only if you're really high up, or the opponent is at like 150-180%-ish. When falling, it's not a really good idea to dair because of the start up lag. It'll be beaten by most uairs. Dair is a pretty good move, and a unique aerial. It can be used effectively offensively and defensively.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...
Dair has a moderate amount of landing lag, probably the most out of all of Pit's moves, though I haven't tested that. It's best used when you jump, either from a short hop to auto-cancel it or a full hop to go through the entire lag before hitting the ground. Using it as you drop towards the person after being hit upwards isn't a good idea because of this.

On the bright side, the move has good horizontal range, and while it doesn't have the knockback of your other aerials, the launch angle is almost straight upwards, making it useful on maps with low ceilings, and gives it the ability to stage-spike people from above, rather than from the side as is the case with your other aerials.

It's not a bad move, but I find myself, and others, using it a bit too much and experiencing the landing lag fairly often.

rinoH

Smash Lord
dair has great range is good with a short hop it actually has prtty good killing power at 140%-999% it ahs a lot of landing lag though which is its one of its downsides .
it has great priority
i give it 8.5/10

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
good priority, stage spikeable, more lag then front or back air but less lag than nair or uair also good for just getting them up in the air and sweeps across the ground when done with a short hop so i give this move overall an 8.5

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Only good on full hops while rising or attacking a falling enemy but still is ok. It's priority is fair and so is its knockback. The only problem with this attack is that it comes out so quickly that if you were falling while doing this, you will have a very small window of time to actually hit the opponent, leaving you open for punishment. It's landing lag is also very punishable so it is highly recommended that you don't use this attack from a short hop. I would say that this attack is mostly for comboing the opponent into the air and such at lower percents.

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
If you use dair immediately after short hopping, you won't have landing lag. I don't use this move much though, maybe for a surprise few times a match, usually short hopped.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Hope you like your new thread Yummy. I was told to give it to you, if I was told wrong and you don't want it let me know.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You might as well change the pic to an F-air and change the thread title which currently says D-air then.

rinoH

Smash Lord
fair is a great move for spacing and great for WoP it has decent damage doesnt have many cons

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit's F-air is very much important in every battle he goes to. It plays many roles, from helping him with spacing, a means of racking up damage, and gimping.
It will be one of Pit's main Moves, and has the longest range in his arsenal, somewhere in par with his F-tilt's range. It's range is slightly boosted by Winglunging. A Pit that doesnt use F-airs is probably a bad angel.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
im gunna put my 2 cents in

fair imo is an awesome move it has the least amount of landing lag out of pits airs can be shff'ed effectively and is also a great edgeguarder with one of the attacks with the most range and as we have all agreed on great move for spacing

Nitrix

Smash Ace
F-Air is one of Pit's better aerials. Unlike the B-Air, it isn't for killing. Instead I find it useful for spacing, gimping, and racking up damage in general.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Fair is a very good spacing tool. Good for setting up low percent combos and hard to punish when retreating, this attack is one of the must use moves when the opponent is recoverying.

SkyRay

Smash Cadet
A tad confused on how to perform n-air and b-air.
Any step by step button pushing directions somebody could direct me to or simply tell me?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I call for either one of the Tilts, but I lean towards U-tilt, then D-tilt.

Coffee™

I need it....
Two moves a week will only be confusing and I doubt there will be significant input anyway. Just do one move a week and keep it on a strict deadline. Btw do Jab next :)

Coffee™

I need it....
ok it kinda makes sence i guess...
annoys me that we only have like 4 moves done though
If you wait for "adequate" discussion then you'll never get finished. Just change the move every week and moves that don't have enough discussion you can go back to at a later date.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Jab
It comes out fairly quickly and can lead to other moves during the three hit combo.
The infinite
Eats shields like AR and forces opponent to space away from you. It also hits behind you for a few of the 10 hits so it helps prevent some attacks from hitting you if they get behind you while you are doing it.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Pit's Jab is an awesome move and probably 3rd or 4th best out of all the characters in brawl.
There's either a 3 hit combo which does 11% when it hasn't been degraded. There's also Pit's infinite jab which is very helpful for me and can lead into Dtilt if you keep pressing Down and A at the same time while the Jab is going.
the 1st hit on Pit's jab doesn't move the opponent anywhere but the 2nd jab usually hits the other character closer Pit meaning if the other player isn't expecting it you could grab them, start up jab again, or use a Dtilt/smash attack on them.

This move is very underrated and underused but i would put it in the top 3 of Pit's moves.
10/10!

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
jab.. .awesome, i i think i overuse it too much, it eats shields like crazy when infinite and it a great spacing tool. it comes out fast (well it a jab, who jab doesn't)...... yea iom not good at anaylzing moves xD

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The Jab is very much important to Pit, having many functions. Standard 3-hit combo does 11% without degrading, and its infinite (Spinning Bow) pulls opponents in to Pit, then gets pushed back out. The spinning bow jab punishes dodge and sidestep spammers, has decent range, and the hitboxes can slightly reach out behind Pit.
Rogue apparently uses it to quickly follow up with a Fsmash or to grab again which he does against me as I recall. He knows more about it considering his nature.

rinoH

Smash Lord
jabs are great for a quick spacer and and can lead into some of pit's killing moves like jab->jab->dsmash or fsmash(fsmash only if spaced right) cant really talk right now since my internet is down some i have to use schools computer

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
got pictures (or should i say clips) of the jab for this one because it made more sence to just post bolth variations of a jab in a video than in a picture
I'm sorry but the image for the spinning bow infinite jab makes Pit look like he is shooting a thunderbolt or ripping a hole in the space time continuum instead of spinning something....

Top Bottom