• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Moveset Discussion! [Currently: F-smash]

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm sorry but the image for the spinning bow infinite jab makes Pit look like he is shooting a thunderbolt or ripping a hole in the space time continuum instead of spinning something....
I love that, actually. Besides, donating a Pit pic is better than none. Let's just see how the Jab pic looks, and we all agreed to U-tilt next, right?

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
ive been lurking in tthe thread for a bit....but by reading...why replace up smash with utilt during punishing sessions...or use more utilt more than up smash....XD im a new angel so...T_T

rinoH

Smash Lord
utilt has more range and is harder to DI out of and Usmash is really bad for killing oh and utilt has more follow ups

Esca

Smash Champion
Pit's jab is decent, but I find myself not doing it as much as other moves. I'd rather grab. I find grabbing with Pit is alot better, considering the positioning of your opponent after the grab.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Rogue should do quite well at explaining the Jab, since he does it quite often in battle, besides grabbing.

I find it good against them annoying Ice Climbers who recklessly rush in attempts to grab, and can probably only be stopped by Blizzard, or a well-spaced Fsmash.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
I'm just wondering if Pit can lead from a jab->dtilt for a spike on the edge if properly timed. If it does indeed work, then it would be an even more valuble asset IMO.

rinoH

Smash Lord
so ive been playing around withs pit's jab and on low percents you can actually do jab>jab>utilt which can lead to another utilt or uair though i dont know if this is possible with correct DI

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A great move that has 3 hitboxes, can total up to 16% damage. That's even more than his Usmash, which does a maximum of 13% damage uncharged.
This can be a means of racking up damage without degrading your KO moves. The move also allows Pit to dodge low sweeper moves, like another Pit's D-tilt.
The move seems undrestimated for some reason. I dont see many Pits using this move actually.

EDIT: Use this Snapshot I took for the U-tilt.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Pits Utilt is also one of his fastest moves in general. I've come to use it a lot despite its biggest issue, its lack of range (like a number of pits moves relative to other characters.) Great for strings in general.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The "Bow" hitbox comes out at Frame 2, the fastest of Pit's attacks. Sadly, it has such a small range.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
pros:
utilt is especially good against characters smaller characters that the upsmash has trouble hitting. Its great at punishing heavy spot dodgers. Can be good damage. Hard to punish if it hits the opponents shield.

cons:
small range means you really have to be right on top of them. If it doesn't hit them or their shield its pretty punishable. The first hit kind of sucks. It does 3 damage and hits them up but its pretty easy to di to the side after this hit so the rest doesn't hit.

Overall good alternative to the upsmash especially against smaller characters that the upsmash will often hit over. One of pits best moves for a consistent spot dodge punish. Puts character in position that can be followed up. If your opponent is heavy into spacing the moves not that great but it works against some playstyles and characters.

MrEh

Smash Hero
COMBO BREAKER!!!

If your opponent is literally inside of you and you want a decent GTFO move, then use this. Obviously, it comes out quick and helps keep your other moves fresh.

Other then that, meh.

rinoH

Smash Lord
COMBO BREAKER!!!

If your opponent is literally inside of you and you want a decent GTFO move, then use this. Obviously, it comes out quick and helps keep your other moves fresh.

Other then that, meh.
yeah prtt much though better than Usmash

madival

Smash Cadet
I dont use this attack almost at all. Usmash works so much better for me. I usually slide when I perfom the upsmash so the range on its better then this form me. If the up smash is gonna knock them out of combo range, then I consider it time to go for control over comboing.
utilt is to hard to hit anyone with for me. its quick, but hard to use due to range and the fact that I dont really get the chance to move much. That and I dont use tap jump, making this harder to use. Probobly better for someone with tap jump on, but not by enough for me.

madival

Smash Cadet
,thats actually incorrect it should be easier if you dont use tap jump to do a u-tilt
just to clarify, tap jump is when you use the control stick to jump right?(Thats the setting I used). Everytime I try an Utilt, I always end up jumping or missing my target. Usmash is better for what I usualy do anyways.

madival

Smash Cadet
wat always use Utilt instead of Usmash just turn off Tap Jump
I tried that. It didnt work at all O_o. Just a habit from the original smash bros. If I could I would, but there is a tournement in 3 weeks and I am not completly changing my game so close to the tourney.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Idk how F-tilt is goin to do. It's one of the moves I dont use often. So F-tilt discussion tomorrow, or another move? And Ill try to provide the pic.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
naw i got it admiral
thanks though
also because of the amazing feedback ive gotten from u-tilt im going to end it today and start f-tilt
you can still discuss u-tilt until i post

[F-tilt discussion starts here]
like that

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Ftilt pretty cool, longest range i believe, horizonal knockback, it useful for killing people with bad recovery at higher percentages.

madival

Smash Cadet
Ftilt seems useful for pushing an opponent you dont want above you away. not really a kill move, but good for controlling opponenet without deminishing your kill moves yet it isnt the fastest or most valuable option for what it does pit has. I dont use it alot because I attempt a grab over a Ftilt or just use the AAA combo.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I use F-tilt when an opponent is trying to get back on the ledge. Example: Opponent is doing the "Get up" attack from the ledge, then I use F-tilt's reach to attack. Depending on the character, it could work better or worse. Against another Pit, this is good.
Also, I use it to stab through another Pit's Spinning bow jab, or Angel Ring. It does some decent wonders on a Yoshi doin Dsmash.

It's an okay move, just situational, and punishable.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
heres my 2 cents
f-tilt is one of my favorite moves that pit can do
it looks cool and it can kill at moderately higher percentages
has ginormous reach its up there with f-air and d-tilt
overall one of my fave moves to see but not the most ideal move to do as it is punishable

madival

Smash Cadet
ftilt has great range though i dont use it that much rather use Fsmash
I agree. I prefer the duration that F smash has over Ftilt. as admiral pit said, its situational (To situational for my wants.) Then again, my plays style tries to create range between me and my opponent so Fsmash>Ftilt.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Pros ~

Great range
Nice killing move
I usually use it out of an Angelic Step/Spotdodge

Cons~
Laggy

Personally, I like to mix it up cause fsmash can get predictable and the opponent can get out of the second (knockback) hit of the fsmash... so yeah. Mix up your game with this but overall pretty situational.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
f tilt

pros:
hard to punish (it has decent shield knockback)
good knockback
good shield knockback + average ending lag
good range
can't smash di out of (Unlike a lot of pits moves and most f-smashes you try to hit nearly at the range a f-tilt hits)

cons:
comes out really slow (0 frames I believe pits slowest move)
if powershielded your in a bad spot
average damage
mediocre knockback

The big problem with ftilt is that it comes out so slow that if your opponent feel like throwing out a move around the same time you do chances are you'll get hit. Its best used for an occasional well spaced poke. As the dtilt is probably better for damage in similar spaced situations and the fsmash is better for killing in similar spacing the best use for the ftilt is getting slightly more range then the dtilt/fsmash, hitting like the fsmash but not being smash di out of and for changing the pace some.

Top Bottom