• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clowsui Presents: Christmas Smash Bash @ Dr X's [Brawl + 64]

clowsui

Smash Legend
[DR X's FAUX EDIT:

You can reach me at 513-907-9017 if you need any help.

Parking will work as usual... in UC's garages or on the street. I have a parking lot across the street, but seeing as there are many tenants who park there I'll ask everyone to avoid that unless they're not planning on staying long-- most likely dropping somebody off and that's it. If you wanna leave your car in there don't come crying to me if it gets towed. You have been warned.

I can house a pretty good number of people, but you'll want to bring sleeping bags, pillows, and especially blankets because it's cold outside and I'm not turning the heat up if I don't absolutely have to.

Everyone should bring setups if the can-- TV's, Wiis, Brawl discs, Wii remotes, as well as SURGE PROTECTORS and EXTENSION CORDS. Folding tables and chairs would also make things a lot nicer. I'll be doing everything I can to get a hold of these before next week.

There is a $5 dollar venue fee, to cover electricity and such. Venue Fee reduced to 0 if you bring a setup.

CLOWSUI’S CHRISTMAS GIFT TOURNAMENT

WHO? Anyone and everyone.

WHAT? An uncapped house tournament that will be amazing. Seriously.

THIS TOURNAMENT NEEDS THE FOLLOWING THINGS:

SETUPS
RECORDING EQUIPMENT (in the interest of all competitors who want to get better)
AGREEMENT TO THE HOUSE RULES BELOW
LAPTOP THAT CAN USE TIO

WHEN? DECEMBER 20th.

WHERE? Dr. X's crib.
2918 Vaughn Street, Cincinnati OH 45219

[You can reach me at 513-907-9017 if you need any help. - Dr. X]

WHY? Because Christmas tournaments aren't ONLY for the EC.

HOW? The long part. Here we go!

=HOUSE RULES=
Anyways, house/tourney rules are:
1. No drugs or alcohol. You bring it into the house, you're out of there. Even if there's alcohol in my house you're not allowed to drink it. Never walk into my house with either of those and leave any evidence of your activity - my dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPD. I know that most Cincinnati people are very well mannered with this, so don't screw around with this rule and you'll be okay.
1a. While we're on this train of thought, don't come into my house drunk, stoned, high or smelling of any of those. I will kick you out and make sure you never come back again. (High is possible off of other drugs too XD)
1b. No weapons. Logic.
2. Smoking is restricted to just outside the garage area. Can't do it on the deck or lawn or the porch. Sorry
3. Please clean up your mess whenever you're in my house. I don't mind if you spill something, but just please tell me. If you accidentally get piss on the seat while going to the bathroom, don't tell me about it but just clean it up. Most people are really good with this rule, so it's cool.
4. In order to make sure this tournament is run efficiently, try and maintain a decent volume so that others can yell over you.
5. You wreck you pay.
6. Leave drama outside the house. Nuff said
7. Try and be as unobtrusive as possible when it comes to matches. No one likes a person who just walks in front of the screen during a match.
8. Use your brain. "Do unto others what you would do unto yourself."
9. Have fun! That's the whole purpose of these monthlies, right? To have fun. So please, enjoy yourselves and the hospitality that my parents and I offer to you

TOURNAMENT FEES -

$5 - Venue Fee reduced to 0 if you bring a setup - TV, Wii, Brawl.

$10 per person Doubles (300-400 pot)

$10 Singles (300-360 pot)

I still will not be paying for singles. Why? Because Kel's GF and I will be making prizes and as such I will need monetary compensation for singles.

THIS TOURNAMENT MAY OR MAY NOT BE SEEDED BY POOLS BASED ON ATTENDANCE.

Assuming that 30 people come, efficiency is ~1.5x and we have about five setups:
About 4 hrs 41 mins for singles
About 3 hrs for doubles
~8 Hours Total for Tournament
+2 hours for Draft Crews/City Crews
10 Hours TOTAL for the Event
STAGE LIST

Neutral/Counter List:

You will stage strike off this list to determine the first stage. These stages are also legal for CP.

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi’s Island
Delfino Plaza
Halberd

Counters:

Distant Planet
Pictochat
Jungle Japes
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Greens
Onett
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Corneria
Port Town

Hanenbow [Doubles Only]

Banned:
Everything else

Three stocks, 8 minutes, Items Off and None
All sets in brackets: /3
ALL Finals: /5

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned. THIS INCLUDES LEDGESTALLING.

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

* Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

--

Tournament begins at 1:00 PM - THIS MEANS GET HERE AT 12:00-12:45; I will be setting up brackets between 12:00 - 12:45 and announcing matches at 1:00

ATTENDEES:

Cincinnati - 13 + x (x = # Gamejunkie dudes)
OS - Kel - Sliq - Infern - Smash - YbM - Tyr - e_ - clowsui - Fresh_Daddy - QUIVO - Dr. X - sync_ - {GJ Dudes}

Cleveland - 5
nojoes - nojoes' bro - Vidjo - nojoes' friends (x2)

Kentucky - 16

Group 1: Wangston, mushpie, arbys, lv0, joe (no luke?)

Group 2: Hilt, Crash, tactical, hoboz, equi, calic, paladin, spec, protein, JKip, Rowan

Dayton/Springfield - ~8?

TOTAL: 42 + x

THERE IS NO OFFICIAL CAP, BUT I WOULD IMAGINE THAT ANYTHING OVER 43-45 IS A BIT MUCH.

CREW BATTLES
All crew battle matches will be recorded on the good camera (aka OS'), hopefully. They will be on a tripod. There will be match commentary hopefully provided by vidjo or nojoes since they're not playing (unless they go out for food at that time LOL) and live feedback will be recorded too.

CREW BATTLE PRIZES

1st Place Crews will get a Full Dinner and Dessert provided to you by Swanson and Wong Catering Services. This dinner will feature the house special Super Spicy Curry (rated Top Tier among all tasters), and the dessert is a secret.

2nd Place Crews will get a Dessert provided to you by Swanson and Wong Caering Services. This dessert is a secret.

The cities that are currently participating are:

CINCINNATI
ROSTER - 11
Overswarm - CREW CAPTAIN
Kel - CO-CAPTAIN
Sliq - DUDE, HE'S AWESOME. CAPTAIN EXTRAORDINARY
Doctor X
QUIVO
Tyr
e_
clowsui
YbM
SmasH64
Infern Angelis

These eleven people were selected based on their consistent participation in the Cincinnati local scene or their tournament participation.

LOUISVILLE - 11
ROSTER UNKNOWN

STOCKS: 33

--

nojoes

Smash Ace
If Wangston can't stay for singles then why count his people towards the cap?

I'm just weary of caps because I've seen people register or take spots for the cap and not show up or not enter.

Be weary of the cap.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hmm...

Well wangston REALLY wanted to come to this :/
Arrgh :x nojoes could you just bring yourself and Vidjo? That way ALL of Hilt's people could come (twelve). I just realized that I'll need to recalculate pot values since I can't count Wangston's Peeps as part of the attendance for singles...unless Dayton would be coming too :/

I'm counting them towards the cap because my parents are placing the cap. I'd rather EVERYONE be able to come but unfortunately my basement can only hold so many.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LIST OF TVs (Brawl):

2 - Doctor X
2 - Hilt
2- Wangston
1 - Overswarm
1 - SmasH64
1 - Mister_Eric
2 - MHoltz
TOTAL: 11/10

LIST OF WIIs -

1 - Doctor X
2 - Wangston
2 - Hilt
1- e_
1 - Overswarm
1 - Infern Angelis
1 - Mister_Eric
1 - YbM
2 - MHoltz
TOTAL: 12/10

LIST OF TVs (64/Melee) -

1 - 64 - Dr. X
1 - 64 - Fresh

LIST OF N64s (64) -

1 - Dr. X's roommate
1 - SmasH64
1 - Mister_Eric
1- Fresh

LIST OF Gamecubes/Wiis (Melee):

1 - Dr. X
1 - clowsui

LIST OF RECORDING STATIONS:

(1)? QUIVO (VDub)
(1)? Overswarm (Camera)
(1)? Sliq (Camera)
(1)? clowsui (Camera)

TIO LAPTOP

Hilt

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
alright...I'll make sure I bring the Vodka and Marijuana...I can get a beer keg as well...So if anyone could bring a whooka for the weed be can be true Brawlers HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! And I'll make sure to not piss on the toilet seat...though my aim has been bad for the last couple days...We'll see how that goes...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No weapons? You can't be serious.

I should be there. Looks good.

Q, you want to team?

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yea, I'll team fashoooeee.

I need to mess around with my recording **** so that the quality isnt so ****ty

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yea, I'll team fashoooeee.

I need to mess around with my recording **** so that the quality isnt so ****ty
We need another team name. My instinct tells me "Money in the bank", but I think we can be more creative.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay, so there's a cap at seventeen for louisville? that's cool, I wouldnt expect your parents to let more than thirty people in.... as for setups, it's possible that we may be able to bring a setup or two. I'll have to get back to you on that one after i talk to some people....

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hmmm...I have a suggestion...Name ya'll team "The Broken Bank"...Cause that's the only way money Going in ya bank...God Kais ALWAYS FTW

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I smell a teams money match against me and Q.

By several teams.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Doubles first. I want to be called team " broke back mountain" cause our team to is going to be too gay.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Doubles is generally first; it is a more lax environment and allows you to warm up, and has more peopel playing on setups at the same time.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
oh and do we get discounts...or something of the sort for bringing our things such as The Wii....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
YBM, the venue fee is paying for what you're eating and the electricity. We also live like... under an hour away. You don't need a discount. :p

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
RaRaRaRaRa...You can't blame me for trying and I'll still wait for the verdict from Clowsui...HEHEHE!!! Come on Clowsui...make my day... ;-D

wangston

Smash Lord
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Greens
Onett
why these 3. Onett has walls every where. Green has short sides and a low ceiling, people get killed at like 30%. PS 2 has lame stage changes, mainly the air, ice, and elec stages. Other than that the stages are cool. Where is Jungle Japes, that's falco's best stage, hehe though it is cheap as could be.

I'll be bringing two tvs, two wiis, 2 brawls, and a power strip. Yeah i know doubles are always first but I really don't like them. So i suppose i will just money match my doubles and singles money if I don't get to stay for singles. But if one of my guys does need a partner i suppose i will be on their team.

Kel

Smash Master
Because there is absolutely nothing wrong with those stages. Learn to play the stage or learn to play a character that can take advantage of the stage.

wangston

Smash Lord
Onett......... I guess d tilt looks are cool and all other locks against walls are cool. But hell don't get hit by a d tilt and the problem is solved, I guess.

I will stay for singles, honestly how long will it take if we have lots of set ups. I mean sure there won't be time for people to breath or take a break, but realistically speaking if we have enough set ups we can get things moving.

clowsui

Smash Legend
If I allow Jungle Japes by principle I'd have to allow PTAD...while I love both stages, I can't have the latter.

Why? The same principal factors exist on both stages.

1. A hazardous environment beneath the platforms that either sets up for kills or kills you.
2. Wide blast zones that exist for all (Japes) if not most (PTAD) of the stage.
3. A ridiculously lopsided advantage towards specific character-types.

The third one isn't that big of a deal but I'd prefer to have a semi-liberal stage list...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If I allow Jungle Japes by principle I'd have to allow PTAD...while I love both stages, I can't have the latter.

Why? The same principal factors exist on both stages.

1. A hazardous environment beneath the platforms that either sets up for kills or kills you.
2. Wide blast zones that exist for all (Japes) if not most (PTAD) of the stage.
3. A ridiculously lopsided advantage towards specific character-types.

The third one isn't that big of a deal but I'd prefer to have a semi-liberal stage list...
The klaptrap comes on a 90 second timer. The cars do not.

the klaptrap comes only in two locations. The cars are more random.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Wait I JUST remembered that Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect at this tourney lol

Nvm, Japes is allowed...I was worried that it would get picked too much as a CP but people are more likely to use Neutrals anyways + after this is played once in a set it's not likely to be played more than once.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Wait I JUST remembered that Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect at this tourney lol

Nvm, Japes is allowed...I was worried that it would get picked too much as a CP but people are more likely to use Neutrals anyways + after this is played once in a set it's not likely to be played more than once.
You should have Pictochat Unbanned...That stage is neutral and has damaging distractions like Halberd...

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'll put it on CP, but Pictochat's 20-second transformations, randomized nature, crazy blast zones, weird platform structure (so close to bottom blast zone) make it a CP to me...

clowsui

Smash Legend
Argghhhhh I can't have that many people :<

Are you sure that you can't just bring yourself and Vidjo? Louisville gets priority for their people because we've been planning this for a long time so I have to accommodate all of theirs first...This 30 person cap is really difficult to work around ;_; I know that the amount of people will drop to 25 as soon as Wangston leaves but I know that most people don't want to only do singles.

How am I going to do this...

nojoes

Smash Ace
compromise, let me just bring my brother, that's only one extra smasher and me vidjo and my brother will come down.

Sync_

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to go, since it may be possible for me to, but I know the cap has been reached.

Can I be put as like a sub or something, if a spot opens?

Top Bottom