• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clowsui Presents: Christmas Smash Bash @ Dr X's [Brawl + 64]

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yeah
Sync_ if you're a Ness player then I suggest that once you get out of brackets (IF you do =P ) then you watch Smash64 (eddie). He's a Ness/GW main and he's best in the region so check him out =D

clowsui

Smash Legend
I've changed the OP.

People read the post. Most important things are:

1. No cap
2. It is in your best interest to come and play in crews. You win a full dinner for a crew of eleven and dessert if you get first or second.
3. Starts now at 1:00 to accomodate Cleveland tdrivers.
4. No more venue fee
5. Yet another legitimate reason for clowsui not to pay for singles.
6. Pools may or may not be used for seeding.
7. Address change.

8. WIIS AND TVS NEEDED. POWER STRIPS, TOO.

Nope

Smash Lord
I can bring two setups to this also how many people per crew battle? From what it sounds like it's 11v11?

Nope

Smash Lord
so I don't think we will be bringing enough for 11 but if Cleveland would like to fill in the rest of our spots I'm sure we could form another crew to play with! Food sounds good

Edit: We should have 6-7 coming down for this I think

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Wow....It's going down pretty serious....this will be an event I'm looking forward to....GOD KAIS...Y.b.M.

wangston

Smash Lord
Good news. I'll be staying for the whole thing. So you can count my 5 people and 2 set ups to be there for the whole thing.

clowsui

Smash Legend
That's AWESOME =D

Also a reminder to OS and Kel:

Bring all those TVs you have; I think setups are much easier for ppl to bring so just drive 'em over to Steve's.

BTW I think that this should be the way it goes:

Doubles (relaxed)
Crews (that way ppl who win get dinner when they're supposed to)
Singles (yeahyuz)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Really? I dunno about that prize then...Cate + I could just make dessert but I really wanna make curry.

What to do, what to do...

What do other people think?

clowsui

Smash Legend
The OP has been edited. Please read if you are coming to this tournament: it contains important information about how NOT to get your car towed, what you want to do if you're staying over @ his place and what you need to bring ALONG with your setups/bring even if you're not bringing setups.

EDIT:

Here's my explanation for my "order", but I wanna see what others think.

Doubles First - Standard.
Crews Second - Winners of crews will thus be determined and dinner will therefore be moved. This also prevents people from being "all Smashed out" during crews.
Singles Third - Will be much more exciting because people will have the chance to observe each other during crews and thus people will be able to adapt and have much more exciting matches!

clowsui

Smash Legend
I updated the OP with VENUE FEE INFORMATION.

LOOK AT IT. It will show you how you can avoid a 5 dollar venue fee.

wangston

Smash Lord
what if I bring a cube, melee, and a tv would that wave the venue fee? Also what if some can't get a tv and only a wii and brawl, would that count of could they get like a 2$ venue fee?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
people can stay at my apartmnt if they tell me in advance.

I like your order clowsui.

Also, I demand pie.

clowsui

Smash Legend
If you bring any of the items your venue fee is waived.

Just one will do of any of them.

EDIT:

Like Overswarm I will be coming pretty early to this. Hopefully I can prepare curry then instead of preparing during crews.

By the way, OS, how is this going to work? We have three crews. IF we ever end up in a 1-1 situation among all three people how do we decide?

Kel

Smash Master
Um, bringing a power strip probably shouldn't waive the entire fee. haha we'll end up with 45 power strips and 3 T.V.s.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
A setup = venue fee waived

simple enough. TV, Wii, Brawl. We have to be able to use it to get venue fee waived, so bring power strip if you can. If you want a chair, you bring a **** chair.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Too late, changed to OP =P

Also I'm the only exception to this rule, imagine that =D I'm cooking so I don't have any venue fee. My singles fee is also waived. My doubles I have to find Robert so that he will pay for me.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Too late, changed to OP =P

Also I'm the only exception to this rule, imagine that =D I'm cooking so I don't have any venue fee. My singles fee is also waived. My doubles I have to find Robert so that he will pay for me.
Stop giving excuses. You aren't paying a venue fee cuz you're the freaking TO. If someone *****es, they are given a wrong address and we tow their car.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i just like how clowsui wiggles his way out of all three fees lol

and if you're singles fee is waived, shouldnt your doubles fee be the same O_o why must your partner pay $20 when you can just omit yours?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Haha...I know...Clowsui you're being a Mr. Tricky man...Hehe...God Kais Fee of everything is waved....RaRaRaRa!!!

clowsui

Smash Legend
Haha my partner's not paying $20

I thought about it and decided YbM and I are teaming rather than my original team mate. I've teamed w/ YbM before in friendlies...**** was NOT good but if he comes early (HINT) we can practice against OS + Kel/Infern + SmasH and get a hang of each others play. We can also develop strategies.

I'll probably bring my $10 for Singles, in the interest of fairness + focus. IMO people are more interested in Singles so contributing to the pot for that is slightly more important that putting towards dbls pot.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
hmmm... how early would we be able to come? I'd like to get there early and get some friendlies/money matches

clowsui

Smash Legend
For ME it depends on when Cate + Kel come.

Kel come early so cake can be made :< I don't wanna have to be put in a position where I don't play in crews b/c I need to cook.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
If you need another setup, I should be able to provide one.
Not 100% (about 87.4%) but should be.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, be expecting 4+ setups from us.... including wangstons.

there's a possible 6, but i dont know how big hoboz's are. he said portable... i just dont know if they're TOO portable... >.>

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
yeah, be expecting 4+ setups from us.... including wangstons.

there's a possible 6, but i dont know how big hoboz's are. he said portable... i just dont know if they're TOO portable... >.>
Xi and I will haul one over just in case if we can.

Top Bottom