• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, OH - Nope's Monthly "It's a Piece of Cake" Smashfests (Jan. 31st)

Nope

Smash Lord
I had so much fun at the last Smashfest I think it's time to turn these into monthly events! Last time we had about 16 people show up so lets try to break 20 this time around. We will probably set up a place to capture some matches again and get them online eventually. (Yes I know I'm slow at this)

Here are some pictures of the setup we had:

http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smashfest1cf9.jpg

http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smashfest2wz5.jpg

http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smashfest3di6.jpg

Where:
My House
2141 Broadway St
Springfield, OH 45504

When:
Saturday Jan 31st, at 2:00pm

Bring Your Own Controller!!!!! I will not supply them
We have around 4 solid setups at the moment but we could always use more and we definitely have room for more so...

Please Bring a Setup if you Can!

There are plenty of places to eat within 3-5 minutes driving distance or you are more then welcome to order pizza. Bring some extra cash if you are going to get hungry. Housing will be provided if you need it! We have plenty of couches and lots of friends live close by so don't be afraid to ask. If you have any questions give me a call at (937) 925-2608

Attending
Nope
Lou
Cake
Fonz
Capem
Champ
Sleep
Hence
Pdiamond
Wakka
Dylanx928
Dylanx928 guest
Fizzle
Paranormalsin
Sil
Paradigm
Nano
Soap
DJ_Iskascribble
fromundaman
Kayin
Nicalobe
The Jerk?
Reside?
The Keist?

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
ill come, but i demand vids be posted first and soon xD

j/p but really, i will find a way to crush that snake of yours....ive already been doing my studying

Nope

Smash Lord
Vids soon I promise! but that was fast!

ill come, but i demand vids be posted first and soon xD
j/p but really, i will find a way to crush that snake of yours....ive already been doing my studying
I still have a few tricks up my sleeve for olimar!

wakka444

Smash Ace
Vids soon I promise! but that was fast!

I still have a few tricks up my sleeve for olimar!
by tricks you mean counterpick him with ganon=D

oh and sil and i have some 2s shenanigans for melee >.>
i expect to see dayton at this as well =D

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
by tricks you mean counterpick him with ganon=D

oh and sil and i have some 2s shenanigans for melee >.>
i expect to see dayton at this as well =D
there can be no "This...IS...GANON!!!!" against my olimar....

and who said i was going to be playing olimar against you this time holtz? XD

and yeah, it was fast, ive only been trolling many forums looking for stuff to post on all night so i wouldnt be bored.

Hence

Smash Ace
Hmm, we may come.
I really hope the last Lancaster tournament helped to enrich the area. We need Ohio to become a better community!

How many setups do you have? (Televisions, Wii Consoles can be brought.)

PS: CAKE, your name is already taken by another player. If you plan to compete officially, you may want to change your name.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Hmm, we may come.
I really hope the last Lancaster tournament helped to enrich the area. We need Ohio to become a better community!

How many setups do you have? (Televisions, Wii Consoles can be brought.)

PS: CAKE, your name is already taken by another player. If you plan to compete officially, you may want to change your name.
holtz said there were four setups but i didnt bring one (and im able to) and Wakka didnt bring one either (hes able to aswell). im not saying dont bring one, but we'll have 6 is what it looks like

Hence

Smash Ace
Right, I totally must have read over it.

MHoltz, you're the Ganon main? If so, that was a very funny friendy before I had to leave. I jumped in the opposite direction on accident, and that was the match. I didn't get to play very many friendles at all, so this could be fun.

If Lou will be there, I'm looking forward to a rematch. You definately have a good G&W.

Cake, you have a pretty good Diddy. You were the first Diddy I've really played offline, and I didn't know how to deal with you.

We'll try to come. :p

lou4222

Smash Lord
This is gonna be fun. Im glad we got an official (perfect)name for this and it looks like this can be a monthly thing. Hence, bring friends, the more the merrier. This should be a lot of fun and if we start having these monthly hopefully we can get Cincy, Cleveland, OSU etc to come. This will also help us if we have a few of these and then host our tournament. Springfield will be relevant in the Brawl community!

Warfie

Smash Rookie
First of all point me in the direction of the man who has my name! (LOL) i look at it this way, If there is someone who has the name Cake, i dont know have to change my name i just have to be better than him. Hence; forcing him to change his. (LOL)

By the way MHoltz LOVE the name of the fest!!!!

O, and Green Hill Zone better be legal, Lou will be upset if it's not

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I was the jerk at Lancaster that used Ice Climbers. Yeah, I'm going to try to go with Hence. I'm looking forward to it!

lou4222

Smash Lord
haha looks like we might have lancaster 2 without AZ and Q. OUGA should come if they read this. I know T800 and Keist want another shot at nope and lou in doubles muahahhahaha.

Nope

Smash Lord
Looking like a good turnout so far! Hence you can bring a setup if you like but we will likely have 6 of them. Fonz is the Ganon player not me! I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Cakes full name is also Pancake but smash only allows 5 characters. Warfie I knew you would like the name lol

Wakka have you talked to the rest of LKP or Dayton? I would love to see them all again

Silhouette

Smash Lord
OUGA coming? we go to the same college and havnt even played eachother. it would be funny if our first time playing is on my home turf.

add me to the coming list and i can bring my setup again, two if needed, we could always just use the kitchen too.

ill give the daytonites a call.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
ive got a setup im going to bring aswell holtz, my tv is very nice d^.^b

also, yeah, LKP already knows, with the exception of Zazi and maybe captn, im not sure about the.
and dayton better bring the thunder.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
From the looks of things, I think I won't be coming this month. But if you have it monthly like you're planning, I'll definately make it. The chances I'll make it Saturday are very slim, but still there.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Right, I totally must have read over it.

MHoltz, you're the Ganon main? If so, that was a very funny friendy before I had to leave. I jumped in the opposite direction on accident, and that was the match. I didn't get to play very many friendles at all, so this could be fun.

If Lou will be there, I'm looking forward to a rematch. You definately have a good G&W.

Cake, you have a pretty good Diddy. You were the first Diddy I've really played offline, and I didn't know how to deal with you.

We'll try to come. :p
No I am the Ganondorf Main, Secondary Lucario

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Count me in!
lol

and sin you should bring her since you missed so much of the last one, and we can force paradigm to fight her.

how about a melee singles tourney this time? (along with whatever other shenanigans take place) since it looks like there wont be intense crew fights.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I've been working on my PT and I'm finally ready to get digm down to one stock ( : . I'm also game for any melee singles, but I don't know whether to go marth or puff.

:marth: :confused: :jigglypuff:

lou4222

Smash Lord
Ive heard stories from nope and cake of how they went down to cincy and didnt do too bad. Hmmmmmmmm getting 3 stocked after picking random? Just kidding but no seriously Springfield Cincy do need to play. Its only a short hours drive. We should try and work something out at least once over Christmas break

Nope

Smash Lord
How long are you going to be doing this for?
I might be able to go like in the evening.
Last time I think a lot of us were there until 4am?

I think we might be able to fit in a Melee tourney this time around. I also know quite a few people want to play doubles this time too so we will just talk about what we want when everyone shows up.

Springfield/Dayton people BLOW.

Get better and play us in crews, losers.

/stirring the flames
pffft you won't make room for a springfield crew on the 20th! we don't need food or housing Taco Bell will do

Warfie

Smash Rookie
Springfield/Dayton people BLOW.

Get better and play us in crews, losers.

/stirring the flames

O NO! not this guy again!!!!! Clowsui! springfield crew would take on Cincy Whenever. I love your Enthusiasm though!

P.S. Dont give your Spacing to much credit! :laugh:

Top Bottom