• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Snakeee

Smash Master
Inspired by Cort's thread, which is inspired by Cactuar's thread. Plagiarism FTW

This thread is to ask me any specific questions about ZSS, and I'll do my best to answer them. If I don't know the answer or haven't been on the boards for a while, other regulars or at least any people knowledgeable on ZSS are encouraged to answer questions in my place.

* The difference between this thread and the Q&A thread is that the questions here should be usually directed towards me. This should focus on more detailed, opinionated questions. Try and keep more general and simple questions about the character in the Q&A thread.

If there's like a page of unanswered questions, and I (or anyone else) hasn't answered any of them, PLEASE wait for those ones to be responded to before you ask your question.

Also, I'm a pretty easygoing guy, so most of the time I'll enjoy answering a joke question, but don't get carried away with that. :laugh:

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Question 1: Doesnt this belong in another section?

Question 2: Did you know that there is already a Q+A thread?

Question 3: Do you think this zero death grab combo thing will have much use for competitive play?

Question 4: What character(or characters) do you reccomend zero suit samus players to learn as secondaries for bad matchups?

Question 5: What do you think is the one most important thing for EVERY zero suit samus player to learn and know?

nevershootme

Smash Master
here's a question on down smash...

so far from what i've noticed, using d-smash uncharged sends a small knock back of sorts, giving you the running b-air followup. but a charged one sends you farther after release.. I'm gonna need serious clarification on this cuz i was observing that yesterday. and can it be DI'd at all once you release

is u-tilt even safe at all??? I find myself spamming it too much to pop them up

Snakeee

Smash Master
Honest question, how did you get so good?
:) Practice of course, while at the same time thinking of what you can do in each situation you come across as well as coming up with possible "combos". Most people also don't realize that the best way to practice is against people that are better than you. Well, I'd say if you're not a high-end player already you should practice against someone who is better, but not far beyond your level (because otherwise you'll just be getting destroyed lol). The best practice is in tourney, the second best is friendlies against good players, after that is against computers, and the worst is wifi (although it can still be useful).

Question 1: Doesnt this belong in another section?
No

Question 2: Did you know that there is already a Q+A thread?

Yes. I updated the first post to explain that

"* The difference between this thread and the Q&A thread is that the questions here should be usually directed towards me. This should focus on more detailed, opinionated questions. Try and keep more general and simple questions about the character in the Q&A thread."

Question 3: Do you think this zero death grab combo thing will have much use for competitive play?

I'm not sure what you're referring to...unless you mean the f-tilt and dash attack lock. That's not a real 0-death, but it can be useful if you start it from 0%. It won't work that often though either because f-tilt doesn't always trip.

Question 4: What character(or characters) do you reccomend zero suit samus players to learn as secondaries for bad matchups?

Well, the only match up that really gives me trouble at the moment is Falco so any character that has an advantage against him. My secondary is Sheik, and she goes about even with him.

Question 5: What do you think is the one most important thing for EVERY zero suit samus player to learn and know?

Master your recovery and spacing over everything else.

here's a question on down smash...

so far from what i've noticed, using d-smash uncharged sends a small knock back of sorts, giving you the running b-air followup. but a charged one sends you farther after release.. I'm gonna need serious clarification on this cuz i was observing that yesterday. and can it be DI'd at all once you release

is u-tilt even safe at all??? I find myself spamming it too much to pop them up
The only reason I ever charge D-smash if for mindgames, and if I anticipate an approach that I can punish easily with D-smash. Otherwise it is much better to use an uncharged d-smash so you can link two of them safely.

Up tilt is extremely useful, but you have to avoid being predictable with it. It is her best out of shield option, and as an alternative you can use d-tilt if your opponent isn't too high or behind you which has very little afterlag. D-tilt also has far more combo ability.

Question 6: What do you think about F-tilt?
F-tilt is the move that I've had the biggest difference in usage since I started playing. I used to never use it, and now I use it a ton. THe most typical way to use it is if your opponent is just out of reach of a jab, and you need a very fast attack. It's speed beats what most characters can do from that range. I almost always do the downwards version of it because it can cause a trip. After the trip I usually d-tilt, or if they actually end up too far away I'll follow up with a dash attack.

Snakeee

Smash Master
what was the hardest set you ever fought at a tourney?

and how do you juggle ONline and OFFline and still be top zss? and do things like 2 stock m2k when he plays no online to better himself?
For the first one if you mean the hardest set that I won...well I'll have to think about that I'm really not sure. Otherwise it's either of the two occasions I played M2K :laugh:

And, I mentioned that online is the worst way to get practice and it can also throw off your game. However, I think that if you mix it up well enough and try to play more offline than online you should be fine. Another big problem is that certain strategies are much more effective online than offline. I do play a little wifi, but not as much as I used to.

What gender am I?
Do you really want me to answer that?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Could you?

Meh, just continue pretending im not here, if you don't mind... please.

Lame joke is lame.

Browny

Smash Hater
Do you think ZSS' position on the tier list is hindered by the fact shes not actually visible on the character select screen. Ive got reason to believe less people main her by the simple fact less people know she can be picked, less users = less tourney results = affect tier placement?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Could you?

Meh, just continue pretending im not here, if you don't mind... please.

Lame joke is lame.
huh???

Do you think ZSS' position on the tier list is hindered by the fact shes not actually visible on the character select screen. Ive got reason to believe less people main her by the simple fact less people know she can be picked, less users = less tourney results = affect tier placement?
Are you serious lol? If you don't know you can pick her you probably don't play this game competitively.

The position is hindered by the fact that people's first impressions of the character are not going to be that great because things that seem to be a problem for her at first can actually be taken care of easily with some experience (like her recovery). Plus she is one of the toughest characters to learn in general.

Julz

Smash Apprentice
Cool. Okay:

Do you think the Down B works well for avoiding projectiles when approaching characters like falco?

How often do you use her Neutral aerial? When you use the Neutral aerial, do you fastfall it to avoid the turn around or is it non-viable due to her high short hop? Do you ever hit people with the back of the Neutral aerial or is the start up too slow?

What's your favourite combo?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i almost wanna become (becum) a zss main simply because of deliciouscake's sexy avatar

NeoZero

Smash Apprentice
What are your thoughts on the fox matchup?

If possible, could you also give them to the fox boards? They're revisiting ZSS and they seem to not want to hear anything that's being said to them. I also encourage everyone to at least go read what's been said about the matchup and give their thoughts on the matchup.

There's a thread somewhere on the first page containing a link to it if your interested.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Grah... Sonic mainers... ****** raiding the Zero Suit boards...

Hmm... I guess I should at least make something serious out of this...

How do you feel about the matchup between Sonic and Zero Suit? I wasn't around the boards when they went over this, but they have it put down as her advantage, but in your opinion is that true? If so, just how bad do you think Sonic loses out, and why?

3xSwords

Smash Lord

If possible, could you also give them to the fox boards? They're revisiting ZSS and they seem to not want to hear anything that's being said to them. I also encourage everyone to at least go read what's been said about the matchup and give their thoughts on the matchup.

There's a thread somewhere on the first page containing a link to it if your interested.
Don't try to argue with them dude, it's pointless. I looked a bit through that thread and it's ridiculous. Unless you bring 5 guys to post and tell them to stfu and actually legitimately answer your points, you're just going to get *****ed by their home field advantage, and besides it looks like they're done with the "discussion" anyway.

Question: Snakeeee who would you say is the best ZSS aside from yourself?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Sorry guys I'll answer your questions tomorrow night. I had work all day, and then I spent the rest of the night playing BlazBlue with some friends lol. Please don't ask any more questions for now.

Snakeee

Smash Master
would you put her in a higher tier position?

be neutral
In complete honesty I believe she is lower high tier.

snakeee...when did you start becoming well known as a ZSS main? and how long do you practice every day???
Hmm. I guess it was kind of gradual, but I don't even know if I'm THAT well known at this point.

Cool. Okay:

Do you think the Down B works well for avoiding projectiles when approaching characters like falco?

No, the invincibility frames are too few for it to be really effective than that. In this case an airdodge is much better than Down B.

How often do you use her Neutral aerial? When you use the Neutral aerial, do you fastfall it to avoid the turn around or is it non-viable due to her high short hop? Do you ever hit people with the back of the Neutral aerial or is the start up too slow?

Not too often, my usual use for it is when grabbing an item while jumping through a platform. It's fast, and will push anyone away that tries to stop you from getting the item.

What's your favourite combo?
Well there aren't too many legitimate combos. For a legit one, either down smash to down B spike, or Up B spike to footstool.
For something really cool I've pulled off...in a friendly against Lobos at CH 4.5 I did up air - up air- up B - up air- down smash - down smash - forward air - forward B :chuckle:
I think he was at like 10% and this killed him

I think I posted there already, unless that was their topic on our boards. It's heavily in ZSS' favor obviously because of the d-smash chain. Without it I think it's slightly Fox's favor.

Grah... Sonic mainers... ****** raiding the Zero Suit boards...

Hmm... I guess I should at least make something serious out of this...

How do you feel about the matchup between Sonic and Zero Suit? I wasn't around the boards when they went over this, but they have it put down as her advantage, but in your opinion is that true? If so, just how bad do you think Sonic loses out, and why?
That match up keeps going back and forth for me tourney wise. One time I 3 stock Malcolm, and then the next time he wins the set o_O. That doesn't tell me what the match up really is of course. I'd say it's 6/4 ZSS.

Do you ever U Smash instead of Up B and if so in what situations?
Yes, I use it sometimes because of the multiple hitboxes. Most ZSS moves don't last that long and because of that your opponent might drop their shield early, and get hit by it. It also breaks d-airs better than Up B, and it's the easiest move to follow up from a double d-smash from the furthest part of the hitbox.

Sorry I didn't answer joke questions because there were so many at one time...and alright calm down with those a bit -_- ....I did enjoy them though lol

Snakeee

Smash Master
What secondary do you use, and do you find him effective against falco? (Currently looking secondary that does good against falco).
I use Sheik/Zelda...and I think it's about an even match up. They both have gay combos on each other lol. I definitely wouldn't say she's a solid counter or anything, but Falco is hard to counter anyway. His worst match up is probably G&W though.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Yes, I use it sometimes because of the multiple hitboxes. Most ZSS moves don't last that long and because of that your opponent might drop their shield early, and get hit by it. It also breaks d-airs better than Up B, and it's the easiest move to follow up from a double d-smash from the furthest part of the hitbox.
I'm fairly sure that U-smash can break every d-air in the game, provided you begin hitting with the first vertical hitbox.

Snakeee

Smash Master
If im going to fight against a wolf, whats the best way to approach it?
I just jump and airdodge the lasers then when I get close I usually wait for him to make a move, and I punish with jabs/tilts out of shield. If he doesn't make a move then well just do one of those anyway lol

Btw, airdodging his B-airs and B-airing him back seems to work well in this match up :laugh:

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Do you play any other fighters? If so, mains?

Also, upset you couldn't come to our petty LI tourney where Bum ***** lol, are you going to Game Table Jan 10?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Do you play any other fighters? If so, mains?

Also, upset you couldn't come to our petty LI tourney where Bum ***** lol, are you going to Game Table Jan 10?
I play a little SC4 - I main Amy

I'm getting very addicted to BlazBlue already - Main = Jin Kisaragi, Secondary will probably be Rachael Alucard.

That's all I really play right now, I also wanted to get into Guilty Gear but BlazBlue is the same makers and it's pretty similar.

And yeah, I didn't go because I found a ride to Ch 4.5 which was much bigger than that. I'll see if I can make that next one.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I play a little SC4 - I main Amy

I'm getting very addicted to BlazBlue already - Main = Jin Kisaragi, Secondary will probably be Rachael Alucard.

That's all I really play right now, I also wanted to get into Guilty Gear but BlazBlue is the same makers and it's pretty similar.

And yeah, I didn't go because I found a ride to Ch 4.5 which was much bigger than that. I'll see if I can make that next one.
I understand, I would have gone to CH4.5 too XD

And cool, I play Guilty Gear. I haven't tried BlazBlue, I'm hearing good things though. Have you tried Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? That's all Basic Sausage was talking about at the tournament XD

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Question: Why don't you answer Bouse's questions? lol

Seriously though, which move do you try to kill with when your side+b gets stale?

Bouse

Smash Ace
Okay, new question.

How many Mew2Kings does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Top Bottom